• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Calvero

Banned
just cosplaying as envelaap

7ed3daa263.png

How 2 years ago did I go 8 of 10 in placements.....This year I am 0 of 4 so far. Maybe I should stop playing support. Just had an awesome game where Jungler Rengar kept feeding himself like a catsnack to Garen.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Btw guys, inhouse will be on Friday at 5:30 EST. Costy will be streaming the event so I guess we need casters too. (BTW Costy, if you actually want to play I can try to setup a stream). Would be cool if some of you EU guys showed again (looking at you Talents). Even if you can't make the first game, we'll be holding 3 games.

Please either reply to this post or send me a PM if you're interested in playing, with summoner name if you're not part of the GAF club (this is actually pretty helpful).

Also, I was thinking we might want to make a thread in gaming for like monthly inhouses. If someone could whip one up, that would be cool. We could reuse the Ioki one, but that would be stupid and confusing.

I would try to make one but my photoshop skills are almost as bad as my toplane. I'm sure there's a decent amount of people on GAF who play League but don't post in the thread.

t1483741800z1.png

I would like to cast please!!

Feels bad when you play Illaoi and your team feeds a HARD CC team comp out the ass. Can't no shit.

How ADC and SUP go 1/12 and 2/12 each is beyond me ...

Holy
Jamoly

Just lost a game where we won...every single lane. I was 3/0/11 Bard until the last couple minutes when we got aced 3 times. Team was confused how we kept losing. Their positioning in team fights absolutely rocked us. And we had just about no CC. I really thought I was about to break my lose streak.

0 of 6 ranked games won. Time to keep this train going. Not sleeping tonight until I win one.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Holy
Jamoly

Just lost a game where we won...every single lane. I was 3/0/11 Bard until the last couple minutes when we got aced 3 times. Team was confused how we kept losing. Their positioning in team fights absolutely rocked us. And we had just about no CC. I really thought I was about to break my lose streak.

0 of 6 ranked games won. Time to keep this train going. Not sleeping tonight until I win one.

that's how i lost 12 games in a row on vi when i first started playing

don't do it

I've already screwed up! I loaded up game 7. This will be my final game tonight. Playing Leona.

ADC didn't connect. Well, that was unexpected.

She re-joined at 2 minutes ! Damn.

Holy
Jamoly

It's so strange that it seems so easy for the bolded to to happen to me. :/

Like ... I've won lane yet had the enemy Irelia top dash their ass right though my team and win tf after tf. Team goes "WTF?!?! She's soo strong, we can't stop her!"

I'm thinking "... CAUSE NO ONE ON THE TEAM HAS HARD CC, you damn mooks! >:O"

That's why I'm trying to get off of the Illaoi pain train and branch out. Wanna find a top with hard CC and DMG that I like cause god forbid I rely on anyone else to bring hard CC in solo. So far I've only gotten to Poppy ... trying to get good with Ekko in normals. Wanna get good with Kennen but lord does his wave clear suck. Wanna try Shen but I'm selfish and don't like Tping for shit other than getting back to MY LANE faster so IDK about having a whole ult devoted to that.

It's probably based on your previous ranking. What were you last season?

Stopped playing when I got to Silver.
But 7 wins? Figure I wouldn't have to struggle outta B that far with that. Hell, I remember winning only 3 of my 10 the first time I played rank and got B2.

Blizzard

Banned
But 7 wins? Figure I wouldn't have to struggle outta B that far with that. Hell, I remember winning only 3 of my 10 the first time I played rank and got B2.
I'm not sure then, unless they figure some sort of hidden stats in the placement matches, or unless they're pushing people further down after placements to counteract rank inflation over time.

Summons! You need to come to the inhouse Friday 5:30 EST. It hasn't been the same without you.
I won't be home then, sorry!

jerd

Everyone shifts down about 4-5 divisions on average iirc. People place too much importance on their placements. I bet the difference between going 1-9 and 9-1 is a few divisions. You're gonna drop a lot regardless and I'm pretty sure it's impossible to place higher than you finished the season before even if you 10-0

Costy I have a question

would it ever be possible to get a 'draw' in league

like if both nexus's are at 50 HP, and a champion on either team hits it at the same time

Like, is the game programmed to end in a draw?

oh shit

you know what we're doing next ranked game

I damn near died!

Doing this shit tomorrow. Let's fucking GO.
dac15_cool.gif

Honestly, the build didn't feel bad. Laning was of course terrible, but that's more because Thresh and Lucian are close to troll picks right now.

Proof of the build.

Good sir, I only see proof that Veigar can carry hard as fuck if you give him space and opportunity. Which I believe we have all witnessed before, for good or bad.

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/5m3kvh/adc_coming_back/

Idk if his math/reasoning checks out but this could be a decent temporary fix for adc if so.
It doesn't, he goes to say that IE components are more cost effective than a IE zeal combo but he completely forgets IE multiplies the value of all crit you have including its own. IE+Zeal item+Zerkers cost 7300 but are worth 8300 gold while his build is worth 7175 because it's just raw stats.

It sounds like shit on anyone but Draven to be honest and even then playing Draven in this meta might as well be reportable.

Type2

I want one final support for my pool but I can't decide between Zilean, Bard, and Lulu.

Zilean is solid, Velkoz is a good counter to certain teams/lanes, janna is great if you want to snort that elo off ritos tits and you probably want to be proficient on at least one tanky playmaker.
There are many viable supports at healthy winrates.

Newt

It doesn't, he goes to say that IE components are more cost effective than a IE zeal combo but he completely forgets IE multiplies the value of all crit you have including its own. IE+Zeal item+Zerkers cost 7300 but are worth 8300 gold while his build is worth 7175 because it's just raw stats.

It sounds like shit on anyone but Draven to be honest and even then playing Draven in this meta might as well be reportable.
Double BF zerkers is still probably better than BF Runaans though. Complete IE is good, but the build path to get there is shit.

Not that I think this guy's build is that great, giving up Runaan's passive is a big issue anyways.

Double BF zerkers is still probably better than BF Runaans though. Complete IE is good, but the build path to get there is shit.

Not that I think this guy's build is that great, giving up Runaan's passive is a big issue anyways.
True, but the only situation I'd buy two BF items is if I'm so ahead that my power curve doesn't matter or if I'm playing Ashe. BT fucking sucks.

Also yeah, he completely ignores the value of Zeal item passives as well or how some ADCs he uses as examples scale with crit like Jhin and Cait, those are huge problems.

Top Bottom