• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Style

Banned
Dropped 6 tiers? Were you in diamond by any chance? I dropped 6 tiers too, went from d4 to p5. Back in d5 as of today tho.

That is true, but with Janna you're giving still giving your team like 3 HP bars. Top is influential but lane is pretty much decided by the jungler anyways.

Diamond? Pfff, no, I'm bottom tier.

Newt

Sure, that's probably true. Ghost was going on about that the other day. I've only played like 5 or so ranked support games.

Leezard

Yup. I think that when ADCs are strong it's really good for supports since you can play aggressive and do lots of stuff when you win lane. Supports do dictate a lot of the early play in the lane after all.

That is, more aggressive adcs ones at least, Draven and Lucian being strong is great, Cait is less interesting. Basically most old ghostblade adcs are interesting, I guess.

Style

Banned
I have actually experienced a lot of success with Quinn as ADC. She hits like a truck and her ultimate gives her great roaming options once bot lane fails.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Huh. I'm thinking he should be a lot easier to harass than Cait thanks to his short range.

"short range"

yeah once you wade through three qs, a minefield, get blopped back by his satchel, dodge 4 more queues, then maybe you can harass him

faridmon

Hasn't this been true for years

Real talk though, if you want rank up fast, just play Janna every game. Easily the strongest champion in the game atm.

This hurts my head.

I have been reading this recommendation for like forever, and every time I play Janna I am useless.

Like REALLY USELESS. My peel is there but the cooldowns are long, her stats are OK, but have no dmg and her utility just don't work in Bronze level. Her Ult is good in situations

I am going crazy. WHAT AM I MISSING?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
"short range"

yeah once you wade through three qs, a minefield, get blopped back by his satchel, dodge 4 more queues, then maybe you can harass him
Auto range is very short. Q is not reliable damage. Mana consumption on defensive tools like E and W makes regular use prohibitive. Ziggs does not have the same amount of lane control in a duo lane, so there is definitely a lot the support can do to harass or engage.

drawkcaB

doesn't blue side have the higher winrate? The 50% stuff comes in that it's supposed to evenly put you on red/blue

That's what I getting at. What I should be seeing is that my blue side win rate is ~53% and red side ~47%. In my last 20 games, I'm something like 8-1 blue side and 2-9 red side (guessing, on mobile and don't have the actual numbers in front of me).

Jarsonot

I started looking around for a longer-range champion (was trying kayle out for awhile) and went with ziggs. It's both cool and alarming that I see a lot of talk about him. Cool because I'm really liking him and it's nice to see I spent my IP down to 32 for a good champ. Alarming because I don't want my new champ to be the flavor of the week =(

I started looking around for a longer-range champion (was trying kayle out for awhile) and went with ziggs. It's both cool and alarming that I see a lot of talk about him. Cool because I'm really liking him and it's nice to see I spent my IP down to 32 for a good champ. Alarming because I don't want my new champ to be the flavor of the week =(

too late on that one bud

Jarsonot

good thing is I mostly play normals, and I'm a total bronzie, so it doesn't really matter down here. =)

and he's a lot of fun to play, so no regrets!

Newt

Btw guys, inhouse will be on Friday at 5:30 EST. Costy will be streaming the event so I guess we need casters too. (BTW Costy, if you actually want to play I can try to setup a stream). Would be cool if some of you EU guys showed again (looking at you Talents). Even if you can't make the first game, we'll be holding 3 games.

Please either reply to this post or send me a PM if you're interested in playing, with summoner name if you're not part of the GAF club (this is actually pretty helpful).

Also, I was thinking we might want to make a thread in gaming for like monthly inhouses. If someone could whip one up, that would be cool. We could reuse the Ioki one, but that would be stupid and confusing.

I would try to make one but my photoshop skills are almost as bad as my toplane. I'm sure there's a decent amount of people on GAF who play League but don't post in the thread.

t1483741800z1.png

I decided to play a bit of solo queue today, I queue up as ADC and hop in a lobby.
In the chatbox pops up "Fuck, I don't have any support champions."
Well great, autofill strikes again. At least I have last pick.

Our Top laner offers to swap and our Support graciously accepts.
The support, now top laner, locks in Shen. Not bad!
The mid laner locks in Wukong. Hmm, looking like a hefty AD team.

Enemy locks in Poppy and Yasuo. Well this is going to be a fun one!

My jungler locks in Graves, oh no we are looking really AD heavy!
My support locks in Pantheon. Great.

Enemy locks in Singed, Leona.
So they have Singed, Leona, and Poppy against my team of 4 AD champs. And I'm picking next for ADC. Guess we'll try out the Ziggs.

Game starts and bot lane is going swell. The Pantheon isn't too shabby, easily poking out the enemy ADC.
First blood goes to Yasuo. Ut oh, hope that turns around.

Meanwhile, I get a double kill bot and am outfarming by a ton.
Alright, we can pull this together.

Wukong heads back to mid and gets easily poked out by Yasuo. Graves pings him to stay for a gank... double kill over to Yasuo.
Wukong rages and disconnects, AFK at 7 minutes with only a corrupting potion and 2 long swords to his name.

Meanwhile Shen is 2-0, Graves is 3-1, and I am 3-0.

We hold them out for 25 minutes as 4v5. The final score was our 25 kills to their 26.

Season 7 sucks.

jerd

placed p5 which is a huge relief because plat promos have been by far the worst experience i've had in this game the last two seasons

Newt

I decided to play a bit of solo queue today, I queue up as ADC and hop in a lobby.

So they have Singed, Leona, and Poppy against my team of 4 AD champs. And I'm picking next for ADC. Guess we'll try out the Ziggs.

Game starts and bot lane is going swell. The Pantheon isn't too shabby, easily poking out the enemy ADC.

Wukong heads back to mid and gets easily poked out by Yasuo. Graves pings him to stay for a gank... double kill over to Yasuo.
Wukong rages and disconnects, AFK at 7 minutes with only a corrupting potion and 2 long swords to his name.

We hold them out for 25 minutes as 4v5. The final score was our 25 kills to their 26.

Season 7 sucks.
Hm, here's how your story goes it if was me.

Alright then, no problem man, it's been a while since I've inted anyways.

*ADC Nunu is locked in*

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Btw guys, inhouse will be on Friday at 5:30 EST. Costy will be streaming the event so I guess we need casters too. (BTW Costy, if you actually want to play I can try to setup a stream). Would be cool if some of you EU guys showed again (looking at you Talents). Even if you can't make the first game, we'll be holding 3 games.

Please either reply to this post or send me a PM if you're interested in playing, with summoner name if you're not part of the GAF club (this is actually pretty helpful).

Also, I was thinking we might want to make a thread in gaming for like monthly inhouses. If someone could whip one up, that would be cool. We could reuse the Ioki one, but that would be stupid and confusing.

I would try to make one but my photoshop skills are almost as bad as my toplane. I'm sure there's a decent amount of people on GAF who play League but don't post in the thread.

t1483741800z1.png

aye i can play and cast a bit

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member

Season 7 sucks.
What does someone ragequitting have to do with season 7

nvm, obv sarcasm is obv

Finally unbanned! Looks like I missed tons of fun.

Please either reply to this post or send me a PM if you're interested in playing, with summoner name if you're not part of the GAF club (this is actually pretty helpful)
I'd love to join in if there is room. VincentAlexander is my summoner name. I'm fine on whatever team with whomever---as long as I'm playing League I'll be happy.

successfully had Phreak dying with laughter thanks to one of my puns

this spotlight will be some good shit

when Phreak doesn't add a single pun you know you did good

Talents

Banned

t1483741800z1.png

Is Breezy balancing the teams again?

Nothing in this game puts a smile on my face like Winning an Illaoi game vs a Darius.

Makes even bigger when he picked Darius into me and bitches in ALL about how broken and no skill she is and how Darius takes so much skill.

Welp, so far I've won 4 of my 6 ranked games. Off to a good start me thinks.

As for reworks, hope tryndamere gets a FULL reworking at some point. He's interesting (I find all manaless champs at least a lil interesting) but his ult is just so obnoxious and unfun. :/

Anyway, Talon any good?

Finally got to play vs Ziggs in ranked. Nowhere near as bad as I thought, managed to stomp the lane but then my team just started inting and let him take every tower in the game, fucking hell.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Nothing in this game puts a smile on my face like Winning an Illaoi game vs a Darius.

Makes even bigger when he picked Darius into me and bitches in ALL about how broken and no skill she is and how Darius takes so much skill.

Welp, so far I've won 4 of my 6 ranked games. Off to a good start me thinks.

As for reworks, hope tryndamere gets a FULL reworking at some point. He's interesting (I find all manaless champs at least a lil interesting) but his ult is just so obnoxious and unfun. :/

Anyway, Talon any good?

what on earth do you find interesting about tryndamere
literally every aspect of his kit is bs

what on earth do you find interesting about tryndamere
literally every aspect of his kit is bs

Oh, I fully agree. I don't use the word toxic allot but yeah ... I think he's and Kayle's kits are the most toxic shit to play against in this game.

What I find interesting about him is his BS crit meter.

Before people piss on me from their high elo horses about how easy he is to deal with or w/e let me say that yes, I know there's ways around his bullshit kit. Doesn't make that shit any less obnoxious.

Calvero

Banned
Envelope locks in yasuo bot and makes me switch lanes with him

b77bd0f387.png

edit: and rip can't make it to the inhouse. get out of work at 5 pst

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Envelope locks in yasuo bot and makes me switch lanes with him

b77bd0f387.png

i was legit gonna go bot with him but for the annie sup

Oh, I fully agree. I don't use the word toxic allot but yeah ... I think he's and Kayle's kits are the most toxic shit to play against in this game.

What I find interesting about him is his BS crit meter.

Before people piss on me from their high elo horses about how easy he is to deal with or w/e let me say that yes, I know there's ways around his bullshit kit. Doesn't make that shit any less obnoxious.

i'm not sure i'd call that interesting, more like a BS multiplier for his already bs kit ( .__.)

Top Bottom