• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

DRE Fei

I really dislike the idea of a champ that can:

Kill tanks relatively fast (because of %max hp true dmg)

Kill squishies fast (because of high scalings)

Out-duel every other champion in the game.

This is why these champions always become a problem when they are strong.

scy

I really dislike the idea of a champ that can:

Kill tanks relatively fast (because of %max hp true dmg)

Kill squishies fast (because of high scalings)

Out-duel every other champion in the game.

This is why these champions always become a problem when they are strong.

I feel like the issue here is you think that either of these champions kill tanks relatively fast by any stretch of the imagination.

DRE Fei

They serve different functions - Fiora is the 1 v 1 me I don't care who you are champion.

See, this is the issue right here that separates me and you.

She SHOULD have to care who her target is. She (and to a certain extent vayne) breaks the rock/paper/scissors dynamic. In my version of league, fiora would be a burst champion that blows up squishies and loses to tanks. At the very least have to buy a botrk to somewhat deal with them.

zkylon

zkylewd
no but seriously what's wrong with hentai

because they're two different champions? and to be honest two different classes.

Fiora is closer to Yasuo and Yi. They're slayers - damage agnostic champions that excel in extended fights with situational defensive abilities (Riposte vs Windwall vs Meditate).

They serve different functions - Fiora is the 1 v 1 me I don't care who you are champion. Yasuo is the dream scenario outplaying you 1 v 9 champion. Yi is the reset cleanup champion that takes over fights. Same class, similar attributes, different niches and executions.

Riven is more of a diver. She's not damage-agnostic. Like other divers, she has a less situational defensive tool (low cooldown shield dash) and she wants to dive on your backline and kill them. She's more mobile and bursty than some other divers, but her cc isn't as strong as Vi's, she can't sustain forever like Aatrox etc.

Riven and Fiora are very different champions with different roles in the game. It's appropriate for Fiora to have the mechanic, but not Riven. It's not Riven's job to do what Fiora does.
costy im asking "why isn't riven damage agnostic" and your reply to it is "because riven is not a slayer, a champion class defined by being damage agnostic"...

she's a squishy, hypermobile dmg dealer type that is all about the 1v1 me bros and splitpushing. i see your point about her being a diver cos she does do the whole crash into your whole team and fuck up your carries thing like diana or irelia or whatever, but to me she just feels like a slayer with diver qualities than other way around

what are all these muddy role names

just have assassin, tank, mage, ranged assassin, and jungler(I guess).

like what makes a slayer a 'slayer'.

zkylon

zkylewd
what are all these muddy role names

just have assassin, tank, mage, ranged assassin, and jungler(I guess).

like what makes a slayer a 'slayer'.
what's a ranged assassin lol

also as costy just said, they're the assholes like yasuo and yi and fiora that bullshit all over your team with untargetability, infinite mobility, megaheals and whatnot :p

scy

costy im asking "why isn't riven damage agnostic" and your reply to it is "because riven is not a slayer, a champion class defined by being damage agnostic"...

she's a squishy, hypermobile dmg dealer type that is all about the 1v1 me bros and splitpushing. i see your point about her being a diver cos she does do the whole crash into your whole team and fuck up your carries thing like diana or irelia or whatever, but to me she just feels like a slayer with diver qualities than other way around

Well, I guess the question is where would you put it in her kit and not make it feel disgusting? Basically all of Riven's kit is on-demand vs Fiora being mostly windows (timered, ultimate). There's not a lot of room in Riven's kit to put that and keep it as being spammable and on-demand.

also as costy just said, they're the assholes like yasuo and yi and fiora that bullshit all over your team with untargetability, infinite mobility, megaheals and whatnot :p

adcs

granted it encompasses mages as well but...yeah, the mage tag could be nixed.

no but seriously what's wrong with hentai

she's not damage agnostic because she wasn't designed to be so. She deals flat damage on all of her abilities. She's designed to kill squishies and other divers/juggernauts, not tanks. She has some defining qualities, mainly her mobility that separate her from other divers who have their own unique mechanics. Riven's not designed to fight your front line, she's designed to be very good at killing your back line. Fiora is not. Fiora, Yi and Yasuo are designed to fight whomever they can reach.

I don't what else to say. She's designed to not be a slayer, Fiora is designed to be a slayer. Am I misunderstanding your question? your question was why is it ok for Fiora to have the mechanic in question and not Riven, I answered that.

DRE Fei

You see, in my version of league, champs like yasuo would use mana as a resource. All champs in my game would use mana as a resource because it provides additional ways to tune them.

A certain ability does too much damage or is too powerful overall? Increase the mana cost or increase the cooldown or nerf the damage. Now you have 3 tuning levers instead of 2.

so your argument boils down to "I designed a different game in my head where this mechanic doesn't exist so therefore it's bad for League of Legends, a game I did not design in my head and is fundamentally different from the game I designed in my head"

lol

DRE Fei

so your argument boils down to "I designed a different game in my head where this mechanic doesn't exist so therefore it's bad for League of Legends, a game I did not design in my head and is fundamentally different from the game I designed in my head"

lol

I was asked to elaborate and I did.

lol

cmon man at least breezy has a brain.
Maybe you should try elaborating sometime instead of throwing out one liners.

lol

Maybe you should try elaborating sometime instead of throwing out one liners.

you applied logic from a game you designed in your head to a game with completely different mechanics and think that mechanics described solely in a vacuum are unfair.

joke doesn't even begin to describe what you posted lmao
I've kinda warmed up to HOTS. I no longer think it's completely shit, it has some merit.

shoulda played drow ranger :^)

DRE Fei

you applied logic from a game you designed in your head to a game with completely different mechanics and think that mechanics described solely in a vacuum are unfair.

joke doesn't even begin to describe what you posted lmao.

Where did I describe things in a vaccum? I clearly used examples of current items in the game that could help balance things out. Did you read my post? lmao.

scy

riven smashes tanks LOL

This is a little disingenuous since Riven isn't really fond of killing tanks and some of her worst match-ups are people who get too tanky for her. Granted, most of this is their ability to deny her gameplan rather than anything else but still.

Like, I want to agree but it has a little "But you know" attached to it.

lol

You've never actually elaborated on anything, mostly just hinted at it and left the actual elaboration as "the numbers would be right!" or "It would be balanced!" instead.

"I'd do this instead and it'd be good" isn't really putting anything on the table to discuss. It's basically head in the clouds fluff without any actual meat to it. It's hard for something to hold up to scrutiny when there's nothing there in the first place.

Where did I describe things in a vaccum? I clearly used examples of current items in the game that could help balance things out. Did you read my post? lmao.

Literally every last bit of the talk of %Max HP as True is speaking of it as a high level concept and nothing in terms of execution. The same for everything else for that matter as well.

1 post about fiora (a champ whose core build includes armor shred lol) building botrk (an item that makes it easier to kill squishy targets) lol.

keep reaching.

DRE Fei

This is a little disingenuous since Riven isn't really fond of killing tanks and some of her worst match-ups are people who get too tanky for her. Granted, most of this is their ability to deny her gameplan rather than anything else but still.

Like, I want to agree but it has a little "But you know" attached to it.

You've never actually elaborated on anything, mostly just hinted at it and left the actual elaboration as "the numbers would be right!" or "It would be balanced!" instead.

"I'd do this instead and it'd be good" isn't really putting anything on the table to discuss. It's basically head in the clouds fluff without any actual meat to it. It's hard for something to hold up to scrutiny when there's nothing there in the first place.

Literally every last bit of the talk of %Max HP as True is speaking of it as a high level concept and nothing in terms of execution. The same for everything else for that matter as well.

Nowhere in my post did I ever say that my ideas would be easy to implement. It's hard work. I would even go as far as to say that my overall idea towards changing the game is pretty outrageous considering the legacy it has. If I had all the exact numbers and the perfect balance for all the scalings, I would be making my own moba right now instead of talking to you.

I guess I'm not allowed to discuss it in general terms? I have to mathematically break down how I would redesign each kit in the game in order for you to be satisfied? Hold on, I'll get back to you on that. Gimme 10 years lmao.

Newt

Well...at least the Lucian skin is cool. I prefer project pew pew tho.

f12a137bedb2addd64a3c3646178bc5a.jpg

I love that sound.

Damn. It just never grew on me. Maybe everyone else likes it. That's cool too. For me "tink" sounds so soft. Reminds me of the sound a toy would make...rather than what I expect the weapon of a badass cyborg marksman's gun ought to make.

Oh well.

Legion Commander is the true 1v1 me bro hero anyway so

She damn sure is. None of that "suppress" can't fight back shit. She is literally "fite me bro!" <3

DRE Fei

you claim to play the game in 2k17 and you still dont know how worthless botrk is vs tanks lul.

Of course botrk is worthless on its own against tanks. You need a last whisper item to go with it.

But you just said it's good against squishies. lul

The gold efficiency of the item needs to be addressed, but I don't think it's good against them.

TIL easier = good. everything i knew about english was wrong guys.

you can keep making your hypothetical game all you want in your head but don't make a low-effort shitpost and then get offended when everyone calls you on it.

Top Bottom