• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Leezard

Phreak clarified some CotC changes on reddit:
TL;DR on Courage of the Colossus:
The %Max Health Shield always scaled based on # of nearby champions. That part is unchanged.
The base shield value used to be a "flat" value that simply scaled with level. Now it also scales with number of nearby enemy champions. At the current numbers, it breaks even with 3.33 enemy champions nearby.
The duration was also nerfed slightly.
Thus, it is always worse in a 1v1. It is always worse on Treeline.
It is, depending on how much close the enemy champions are, how much damage you take, and how quickly you take the damage, better or worse or the same in team fights.

So the flat number was nerfed, but it still scales. It should be fine, just not as broken. Maybe it will still be kinda overpowered.

jerd

My top 4 ADCs to play for patch 7.1

Caitlyn, Draven, Ziggs, Kayle

Missed one

Yasuo.png

How dead is solo lane lulu? Is the buff on pbe enough to bring it back?

not really, you condescendingly gave a definition of what a slayer is, a definition that riven would fit almost perfect if you dedicated a second to partake of the tiny thinking exercise i gave you of "what if riven was damage agnostic and why isn't she"

now all you say is she's not damage agnostic cos she wasn't designed to, which isn't really engaging with my question in any way

maybe you don't find this shit worth your while and that's cool, you don't have to defend anything (i wasn't even "attacking" anything) but no need to be condescending about it and tell me "because they're two different champions?" like i'm an idiot. it's very frustrating and it's not the first time you've acted that way, and it's specially annoying this time that i wasn't even being negative or anything

look at scy's reply for an insightful and interesting reply that totally shut down the idea but put some more thought into why. i like to think out loud and make other people part of my thinking process because i know pretty much everyone is smarter than me, so it's cool if a question i ask gets a thoughtful reply that i can use to sort my thoughts together. you think i'm an idiot and not worth the time to think of what i have to say? just don't reply to me :I

I'm not trying to be condescending, just explicit and I want to give you the actual reason. I don't think you're "an idiot and not worth the time". I'm giving you the actual answer, which is that she's closer to a diver than a pure slayer. She's more bursty, she as an on-demand non-situational defensive tool and she's designed to fight particular types of enemies - other fighters, squishies etc. She's not supposed to be a tank killer, and she's not - look at her champion.gg. Most of the champs she loses to are tanks (Poppy, Singed, Maokai, Malphite, Nautilus, Rammus etc.

Champions have to have weaknesses to go with their strengths. Riven has incredible mobility, deals a lot of damage, has an on-demand offensive/defensive cooldown, has good crowd control. She's also just not as good against tanks.

It's not about having no room for it (if Riven was to be damage agnostic it's likely that the bonus damage on her passive autos would have some % max health component) but it's a direct design choice for not to be that way. Scy's post, while interesting, is not the reason she doesn't have it.

Riven's not a slayer because she has tools more akin to a diver. At most she skirts the lines between them but she has tools that true slayers don't have, and in return they have a tool she doesn't.

and the reason I was annoyed was because you asked me a question that I answered and then said your question was different to the one you asked and that I didn't answer it. If I didn't find it worth my while I wouldn't bother answering or attempting to challenge the various incorrect assumptions that get posted here (which is what I was doing originally with DRE Fei)

zkylon

zkylewd
Phreak clarified some CotC changes on reddit:

So the flat number was nerfed, but it still scales. It should be fine, just not as broken. Maybe it will still be kinda overpowered.
i'm confused, the flat number isn't like a third of what it was?

why does irelia have true dmg if she's a diver?

Yall need to tone down the fucking shade in this thread. It's actually becoming a regular thing.

damn when kayos has to calm people down i'm worried

drawkcaB

i'm confused, the flat number isn't like a third of what it was?

The flat number on Live doesn't scale with number of champions nearby. On PBE, both the lower flat value and the %max health value scale with the number of champions nearby.

I'd still like to see the %max health changed to %bonus health and the numbers adjusted. You want a big shield? Gotta build for it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Here's the thing I've noticed in the past few months. We've had an influx of people in the past few months and we're getting more activity than before after our huge 1st and 2nd gen LoLGAF members left. I want this place to be fun and have unique personalities stand out like Zkylon's posts or breezy's shenanigans. That being said we can be civil when having our conversations. We might have lurkers that have yet to post and we have new posters that are getting acclimated to the community. The last thing we want to do is give off the vibe that we're an exclusive clique that only accommodates existing users or people who understand/comprehend the game. Let's be real, we're going to have a huge gap in terms of knowledge about the game whether that's general game literacy/design or due to the sheer experience from playing the game. But that doesn't mean we should be actively throwing shade on a board where words are permanent. Whatever you write is permanent. It can be edited sure but come on... Let's keep things in this thread civil and tone this shit down.

drawkcaB

Ugh...my jungle pool feels really thin right now. Lost champions I like to play are not in good spots. This here meta ain't for me =(

Here's the thing I've noticed in the past few months. We've had an influx of people in the past few months and we're getting more activity than before after our huge 1st and 2nd gen LoLGAF members left. I want this place to be fun and have unique personalities stand out like Zkylon's posts or breezy's shenanigans. That being said we can be civil when having our conversations. We might have lurkers that have yet to post and we have new posters that are getting acclimated to the community. The last thing we want to do is give off the vibe that we're an exclusive clique that only accommodates existing users or people who understand/comprehend the game. Let's be real, we're going to have a huge gap in terms of knowledge about the game whether that's general game literacy/design or due to the sheer experience from playing the game. But that doesn't mean we should be actively throwing shade on a board where words are permanent. Whatever you write is permanent. It can be edited sure but come on... Let's keep things in this thread civil and tone this shit down.

Newt

Yeah, I prefer this thread uncivilized, everyone going at each other raw.

New posters, add Lord Newt. I'll show you the way.

Irelia is not a well designed champion, as has been highlighted throughout the history of League.

She also doesn't have %max health true damage (or any % max health damage for that matter) so she's still not target agnostic and has clearly defined role (dive the backline)

Nev

Banned
People prefer no drama? Absolutely disgusting, it's the best part of the thread.[/IMG]

Until someone calls the mods again.

Anyways autofill into ADC and enemy has Caitlyn and Vi. Gonna be fun.

Nevermind, supp loads the game but somehow is DC when the match begins, yet we can't remake for some weird reason that has to do with Riot's incompetence only so it's an automatic defeat.

Enemy team zoning me non-stop, diving me at level 4, enemy jungler Vi diving me twice flash ulting, enemy midlaner coming bot to dive and zone me. All for what? A guaranteed defeat since minute 1 that I can do nothing about. Thank you fucking Riot Games for this awesome -14lp experience.

Absolute cancer of a game and a community.

Newt

LolGAF is my fortress made of salt.

Until someone calls the mods again.

Anyways autofill into ADC and enemy has Caitlyn and Vi. Gonna be fun.

Nevermind, supp loads the game but somehow is DC when the match begins, yet we can't remake for some weird reason that has to do with Riot's incompetence only so it's an automatic defeat.

Enemy team zoning me non-stop, diving me at level 4, enemy jungler Vi diving me twice flash ulting, enemy midlaner coming bot to dive and zone me. All for what? A guaranteed defeat since minute 1 that I can do nothing about. Thank you fucking Riot Games for this awesome -14lp experience.

Absolute cancer of a game and a community.
And Nev is the architect apparently.

So with all the Poppy bitching I have to wonder .... did something happen to Trundle to make him shit? Cause IIRC he was known as a Poppy and over all Tank counter cause of his Ult and Stat Stilling.

Or do people not bother playing him cause he has no use for CotC as his only form of hard CC is hitting someone just right with a pillar?

Seeing Darius getting PBE nerfs cause of how he can abuse CotC is the only good thing to come from this mastery as far as I can tell ...

zkylon

zkylewd
for mid the top 3 are probably leblanc, ryze and syndra. syndra will probably go down a lot since she just got a very sizeable nerf

not sure who'll take her place

Practice with purpose - sandbox
Player commands
  • Auto-refresh cooldowns
  • Auto-refresh HP
  • Auto-refresh mana (energy, rage, etc)
  • Add gold
  • Level up
  • Lock level (locks your current EXP level)
  • Teleport to target
  • Revive
Game state commands
  • Enable/Disable turrets invulnerable
  • Enable/Disable turrets invulnerable
  • Disable/enable turret fire
  • Disable/enable minions
  • Fast forward game time 30sec
  • Reset game
  • Spawn enemy target dummy
  • Spawn allied target dummy
  • Remove all spawned target dummies
Jungle commands
  • Respawn jungle
  • Spawn Dragon (can choose)
PT_gif_1.gif

PT_gif_2.gif

drawkcaB

Scenario 2: Early jungle clear practice
Start Practice Tool
After shopping, teleport to your preferred starting camp
No need to walk
Fast forward the game 60sec
No need to wait forever for camp spawns
Practice your jungle route!
After a few levels, you can hit “Reset Game” and immediately try again with no loading.
If you ever want to practice a specific camp, just use the “Respawn jungle” button and force them to respawn over and over.

I'm so goddamn hard right now.

Ketch

Ketch where you been. You've been missing out on Envelope and I's ping f i e s t a s

I've been all over. I feel like I can't find the right moba for me. After playing league with you guys for awhile, I fell into the paraon hole, then I played some dota again for awhile, and now I'm back on hots.

I tried messing a bit with league again the other week, but I couldn't figure out how to get a bot match going to try and re familiarize myself. Also, I'm pretty discouraged from coming back to play as ADC is kind of my favorite role and it doesn't sound to great for that right now.

I do wanna play new warwick when he comes out. Maybe i'll hit you guys up then.

Also, I was kicked from the GAF clan again... but I understand why that would happen.

also also, why you laugh at trist? shes gotta be one of the harder ADCs to dive on? no?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Seriously.

I can't believe people argued against a practice tool/sandbox. Like looool,
I dunno. I still do not really see the point and can't imagine many use cases for these tools when you can just practice inside a game. Not that I am against it or something but it is really not a big deal.

drawkcaB

I dunno. I still do not really see the point and can't imagine many use cases for these tools when you can just practice inside a game. Not that I am against it or something but it is really not a big deal.

Well, for my part when I'm trying out a new jungler I feel like I need to do their clear a good 5-6 times before I get a good feel for how fast, sustained, best skill order, etc. Once I include loading times, waiting for the initial spawn, going through the custom lobby and such, I'm wasting about 35-40 minutes doing that. The practice tool means I can do those ~5 clears in less than 15mins.

Ketch

Trust is probably fine for like gold/silver, but an ADC that takes 3 items to come online just isn't good enough.

Maybe they just need to buff the ADC items? Ever think of that?

In all seriousness though I haven't really been paying that much attention to what's going on, Is it just that the assassin reworks have made it much harder to play ADC? As a noob who likes the ADC role, I'd be interested in hearing what you think is the problem and how they could fix it.

Top Bottom