• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Bans really bug me sometimes....I wanted to play a single game of Ascension before leaving tonight. Then my champ I wanted to play is banned. Now I can dodge and wait 5 minutes, but I want have time for another game because it'll be too risky. Or go on with this game playing someone different. Sad panda. I'm fine with it in ranked. But ascension? Come on.

zkylon

zkylewd
Bans really bug me sometimes....I wanted to play a single game of Ascension before leaving tonight. Then my champ I wanted to play is banned. Now I can dodge and wait 5 minutes, but I want have time for another game because it'll be too risky. Or go on with this game playing someone different. Sad panda. I'm fine with it in ranked. But ascension? Come on.

it's needed for these modes cos they're not very balanced and people quickly figure out the ops and spam the hell out of em

you'd be forced to pick the ops if there weren't bans, cos people can't be trusted to just have fun :p

Well, PTL is dead. At least as a weekly show.

While it was too goofy at times, I liked the roundup of the week. It was great to catch up with the leagues.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, PTL is dead. At least as a weekly show.

While it was too goofy at times, I liked the roundup of the week. It was great to catch up with the leagues.
i think what they're doing is pretty fair, i generally paid more attention to the skits than the weekly summary since you can get all of that in a more to-the-point format elsewhere

i liked ptl, but this is not a bad change imo

i think what they're doing is pretty fair, i generally paid more attention to the skits than the weekly summary since you can get all of that in a more to-the-point format elsewhere

i liked ptl, but this is not a bad change imo

Yeah, I guess. Still it was something to watch in Wednesdays, and Wednesdays are usually boring.

DRE Fei

I'm really bummed I don't have access to PBE. What's your overall opinion of the tool? Work well? Intuitive?

It works very well. You can reset all cooldowns, remove minions, respawn jungle camps, spawn specific dragons etc. all the stuff you would expect. Being able to teleport instantly anywhere on the map is a plus. Practice dummy is good to for seeing dps numbers after giving yourself gold to test builds etc.

Overall I'd say it's pretty good right now and they're adding more stuff in the future.

here1%2B%25282%2529.jpg

sewn chaos skin is really good, i like the annie in the background a lot. wish they had like added ori to it so her skin gets a decent splash

also apparently there was a lulu q ap ratio increase and now they've reverted it

i just want to lane with lulu, she needs to have some sort of waveclear...

I was expecting them to be part of Orianna skin not to be a demon vessel like tibbers.

zkylon

zkylewd
And with the PBE nerf to Gunblade there are no longer any balance issues in LoL.
why do you make this post

they just nerfed syndra, poppy, ryze, lee sin and early jungle exp, while buffing many adcs

now they're nerfing ghost, kat, yasuo, redemption and coc, while buffing many ad and support items

there's stuff left like leblanc, nautilus, ziggs, shaco but why do you have to feel like making a cynical comment for something like this

I'm fucking boosted. I could only get 77 on the first run through (meaning without going back. If you skip it, it's gone.)

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Wizidross/lol_champs_by_ulti
i got 119/133 without going back

that was fun, and it's not that old

Newt

Hey guys, it's the time of year where Fantasy LCS starts up again.

There's a few spots left, so you can send me a PM if you want in and I'll send you back the details.

I will be giving priority to past members, but even so, there will be open spots.

drawkcaB

why do you make this post

they just nerfed syndra, poppy, ryze, lee sin and early jungle exp, while buffing many adcs

now they're nerfing ghost, kat, yasuo, redemption and coc, while buffing many ad and support items

there's stuff left like leblanc, nautilus, ziggs, shaco but why do you have to feel like making a cynical comment for something like this

Because it's not even remotely a problem in any way shape or form. Unnecessary changes have a way of causing an unwanted domino effect. Also, I'm not going to give Riot credit for nerfing champions and items that have been a known problem for months.

If we're going to talk about worthless posts, would you please stop posting your fucking waifu fanart.

Because it's not even remotely a problem in any way shape or form. Unnecessary changes have a way of causing an unwanted domino effect. Also, I'm not going to give Riot credit for nerfing champions and items that have been a known problem for months.

If we're going to talk about worthless posts, would you please stop posting your fucking waifu fanart.
I do not support this post. We need a downvote button here.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Up to what point do you guys think I'll be able to go Support > Jungle for my preferred roles and get what I want? I'm finishing off leveling my account at the moment and have had no trouble getting what I want, but figure that'll not always be the case at some point, especially if I dip my toe into ranked.

Also, thinking about getting Shyvana as a new jungler champ. Is there anyone else that I might want to consider as far as farm-centric junglers are concerned?

Style

Banned
I started exploring other ADCs because Lucian (despite his buffs) just isn't working out and I'm tired of Jhin.

ZNuslgw.png

First Twitch game. I like this champion, I can work with this.

Up to what point do you guys think I'll be able to go Support > Jungle for my preferred roles and get what I want? I'm finishing off leveling my account at the moment and have had no trouble getting what I want, but figure that'll not always be the case at some point, especially if I dip my toe into ranked.

Also, thinking about getting Shyvana as a new jungler champ. Is there anyone else that I might want to consider as far as farm-centric junglers are concerned?

You're pretty much guaranteed to get Support because no one want to play it for some reason. Also after a Support game you're guaranteed to get one of your roles, so yeah, you're pretty safe.

I still can't believe flash is at level 8

like rito please, it's standard for the game. That should be level 1.

also smite. Seriously. Costy get this to your game design people. Smite and flash are basics of the game and should be level 1, not heal and ghost.

Talents

Banned
I still can't believe flash is at level 8

like rito please, it's standard for the game. That should be level 1.

also smite. Seriously. Costy get this to your game design people. Smite and flash are basics of the game and should be level 1, not heal and ghost.

Now you know my pain

Style

Banned
Had a game where someone picked MF top. In a meta where everyone is ripping on the ADC role because of the bad position it is in, what made this player think we needed two of them.

AB2KcKW.png

We lost.

Dekutulla

Had a game with Draven mid and Ziggs bot while I was Sion Support, somehow won despite it all

People really need to stop underestimating Sion's passive lol

Gunblade is overtuned as shit and its starting to be abused. Look at high ELO matches, it's making even garbage champions like Teemo viable and hella strong.
Ziggs is an ADC now. Why would Riot nerf him?
Because Ziggs is an ADC now and Riot balances ADCs by nerfing whatever is at the top ad nauseum.

Holy shit the target dummies on the practice mode track your DPS so you can actually compare build damage

Riot you beautiful assholes I fucking love you

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Is there a different version of the client coming down the pipe? I was watching Doublelift's stream last night and it looked quite different from mine. =O

Xeilyn

Meddler said that they are looking into buffing both supp and lane Lulu and that the ap ratio increase was just for testing purposes

lets see if i can find the exact thing he said
"We want to buff support Lulu. We also want to buff solo Lulu a bit. It's something we've had a lot of trouble with in the past but still believe should be in a stronger state than it currently is.

Now, having said that the AP ratio increase doesn't accomplish both of those goals, given it does very little for support Lulu. Current plan is to replace that buff with something else as a result. It's the sort of unlikely to succeed change we'll occasionally do at the start of a patch cycle (often just internally, not on PBE). Intent is often to get an understanding of what a champion would look like were that true in the current state of the game or sometimes for someone to test something out that they believe in even if wider consensus is it's unlikely to have the desired result."
There we go

Leezard

If it has shown to become a problem but not a problem for months, shouldn't the gunblade nerf be worthy of giving credit, then? The "problem" might not have trickled down yet.

Note that even as I'm saying this I'm unsure whether it is a problem, but I have seen dumb stuff with it.

Yeah, it's obnoxious as fuck
For sure. Thankfully Nami has a good lane against him.

Top Bottom