• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Malz ain't much of a problem if your support offers sustain

Either way you better have fun with that second item QSS and hope you don't get absolutely fucked by something you need to actually kill instead of survive.

zkylon

zkylewd
tumblr_ojj9hdEfxq1qdg6i3o1_1280.jpg

this is a neat skin idea

Meddler said that they are looking into buffing both supp and lane Lulu and that the ap ratio increase was just for testing purposes

lets see if i can find the exact thing he said
There we go
honestly the ratio thing wasn't gonna change anything since the falloff dmg means she can't waveclear unless she had like a 2.0 ratio or something lol

i wish they just removed that mechanic, i like solo lane lulu

Lulu is cancerous. If she does too much damage and still has the ability to mitigate damage for teammates, then she'll be a top pick. Either leave her as support, or gut her ult/shield if they give her back the ability to clear waves

drawkcaB

Anyone have any good "how to play support" resources? My roaming and mid-game once the towers start to fall really needs some work. I know I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have any good "how to play support" resources? My roaming and mid-game once the towers start to fall really needs some work. I know I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

If you're winning mid game then start to take over the other side of the map. Get aggressive wards and deprive the enemy team of their jungle while pushing for outer towers/dragon/rift. Force fights on bigger objectives right after big items are finished across your team/summoners are up. Having an economic advantage and/or having flashes up when the enemy team doesn't is huge. Try not to get caught out solo because when you're on the losing side you should be grouping to catch people out and find a way back into the game. Make predictions where the enemy wards are (as if you were their support in that situation) and deward appropriately.

The closer the game is the bigger your balls need to be to make judgement calls on what the team should do. Try not to stress if you make a bad call that cost you a teamfight or game, you'll need to fuck it up enough to develop proper game sense. In either situation your team shouldn't be sitting around waiting for stuff to happen because if you are you're just waiting for the enemy team to mess up on their aggresion rather than making good plays/calls yourself.

If you're wondering why I'm saying your team instead of you it's because the support should be the strategist for the team. Assume all other roles (except sometimes the jungler) are focused on farming while it's up to you to drag your team to victory.

https://www.youtube.com/user/unswlolsoc

I'm no good at League but maybe some Dota logic applies here

Pick Malzahar and just build carry

Cant believe people are just picking up that mages with CCs can be effective supports that transition into carries

Pick Malzahar and just build carry

Cant believe people are just picking up that mages with CCs can be effective supports that transition into carries
People aren't "just picking up" anything, these are direct consequences to the recent Rylai's + Liandry's changes and it's got little to do with their CC but their DPS.

People aren't "just picking up" anything, these are direct consequences to the recent Rylai's + Liandry's changes and it's got little to do with their CC but their DPS.

The best mages do both cc and dps~

I mean, there was precedent with zyra/velkoz being top tier supports for a while there. Zyra more so.since shes been at the support gig since shortly after her release. Morgana and Annie followed shortly after until various changes decreased their viability at bot lane.

Now with bot being at flux and other item changes, more mages are being seen at bot~

Swain is amazing bottom, just quietly.

Velkoz was never a top tier anything. Zyra used to be picked more for her peel but with Thunderlords now you pick her to murder everything.

The closest thing we had to the current mage supports is Annie who you basically picked to solo kill the enemy ADC, yeah, but now they have many times as much CC while having the same damage. Malz's CC is an extra, you pick him because you press W twice and the enemy ADC dies and there's nothing he can do but depend on support picks and ganks.

Swain is probably too mana and item dependant to work bot lane.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Generally speaking solo lane Lulu is one of the more interesting champions in the game. I fail to really see why she would need to be kept out of midlane when it's generally not frowned upon for Karma or Zilean to show up there. Right now Lulu's damage is absolutely abysmal in any role and it generally just makes her unplayable. I wish I was exaggerating, but even as someone pretty lenient to that stuff she is just in such a bad place that you are almost trolling your team by picking her.

Her damage numbers are lower or equal to melee/tank supports, and she lags very far behind other mages without really offering enough CC or utility to really be successful. She's built for a harass pattern in lane but she does about a third of the damage top end harass supports do, and she does not have the range or hard CC to find good harass windows. Tagging people with Q is just pitifully weak and has no payoff.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah, i feel like lulu brought interesting things to the table when she was a midlaner since there were pretty meaningful tradeoffs in damage for your team if you picked her

she was definitely a problem at a time but when riot olafed her she wasn't even popular and she most definitely wasn't a problem

and like soda says, if zilean and karma are considered ok, there's no reason for lulu not to be played midlane

Worst part is Lulu is probably the most fun support mage to fight against in mid lane since even if she EQs you dodging ain't hard.
she also wasn't oppressive in lane and fell off in damage compared to someone like ori so it's not like she wasn't an interesting pick, specially in like protect the kogmaw comps or speedy rengars and shit

zkylon

zkylewd
Plus as an AD main I could really fucking use some Deathcap-infused Wild Growths right now
idk i play lots of ori

i give my adcs deathcap infused 500+ hp shields and 40% ms

they don't do much with it

more often than not i'm better off self shielding for thunderlords procs

Its when lulu enroaches top lane that she becomes cancerous.

And dont pretend she wasnt. Get that shit out of my lane.
Top lane Lulu was all but dead by the time she got deleted out of mid lane and the current top lane meta wouldn't give two shits about Lulu.
yeah i guess lulu levels of utility is what it takes to save adcs from themselves
It was like having my own personal single target Redemption on a very short cooldown and it was awesome.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah like, if you remove the olafing on lulu's q she's still gonna be unplayable toplane and she'll probably be low tier mid

if you want to bring back lulu

make her Q hit only 1 person

be able to be blocked by minions

cut the distance by half

done, then you can add like 500% ap value to her or whatever

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
lulu sucks

waste of a perfectly good rita repulsa reference on a stupid yordle

bittersweet lulu's splash is great tho, credit where credit is due. should be the base skin

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
can someone explain exactly how kalista's rend works

the tooltip isn't particularly helpful, since it says her spears only last 4 seconds but people complain about infinitely stacking them, and doesn't say how rend damage is calculated - is there base damage? is it per spear? does it decrease with more stacks?

the tooltip isn't particularly helpful, since it says her spears only last 4 seconds but people complain about infinitely stacking them, and doesn't say how rend damage is calculated - is there base damage? is it per spear? does it decrease with more stacks?

whenever you apply a stack the duration is refreshed

you can stack forever

zkylon

zkylewd

new spears refresh the duration and each spear adds extra damage with no limit

it's why she can like add like 40 spears to baron and outdamage smite, because if you just leave her be she just stacks an insane amount of dmg

and rito doesn't cap it against monsters because who knows why

Base damage + ratio that is increased by another base + ratio per extra spear. So like at rank 5 it does 60 + 60% AD then every spear beyond the first adds 27 + 27% AD so if you attack someone 11 times Rend does 60 + 270 + 330% AD and so on.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Base damage + ratio that is increased by another base + ratio per extra spear. So like at rank 5 it does 60 + 60% AD then every spear beyond the first adds 27 + 27% AD so if you attack someone 11 times Rend does 60 + 270 + 330% AD and so on.

so why doesn't the game say any of this

dimb

Its when lulu enroaches top lane that she becomes cancerous.

And dont pretend she wasnt. Get that shit out of my lane.
Uh, this is a problem with top laners not having enough power and has nothing to do with Lulu causing issues for the lane.
no knock-up to disengage divers
no hex to disable
no bonus hp

:^)
Ori shield gives 30/30 resists and you can ult off it for disengage...

Uh, this is a problem with top laners not having enough power and has nothing to do with Lulu causing issues for the lane.

no

lulu was just a cancerous character who could slow, poke, speed up away, shield, and then get a huge hp boost when needed.

It's not an issue with top

it's just that she's completely cancerous

zkylon

zkylewd
Ori shield gives 30/30 resists and you can ult off it for disengage...
also creates a slow zone and creates a lot of spammable dmg

both are really good at protecting adc, it's just that on ori you need to balance it out if you want to be effective while lulu is very much focused on being a second support

dimb

no

lulu was just a cancerous character who could slow, poke, speed up away, shield, and then get a huge hp boost when needed.

It's not an issue with top

it's just that she's completely cancerous
Are champs not allowed to be good at anything?

Bot lane in bronze is super crappy , like ADC are getting killed pretty fast and most supports are autofilled trying to build AP or didnt care about the lane at all

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder if i should start reading the lore stories in spanish

i really don't like reading in english but i'm just not used to reading league in another language

it's weird

Anyone here play with camera unlocked? Since I started I've done with my camera locked, and I need to get out of it. I feel like it is limiting me, but I turn to absolute garbage the moment I turn it off.

Talents

Banned
Anyone here play with camera unlocked? Since I started I've done with my camera locked, and I need to get out of it. I feel like it is limiting me, but I turn to absolute garbage the moment I turn it off.

I play with camera locked 95% of the game. Only time I don't is when I click on the minimap to look elsewhere on the map. I've personally never felt like it hurt me using locked camera.

I think 99% of people here play with unlocked.

I am the 1%

Top Bottom