• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Leezard

Kalista seems to be returning.

Korean ranked according to Lolalytics:
Kalista ADC has a win rate 48.6% for Platinum+ players whilst the very best Kalista's are earning a win rate of 58.39% with the average rank of these top players being in Diamond IV.

Last time she had around 48% win rate in solo queue she was broken in competitive.

Newt

Kalista seems to be returning.

Korean ranked according to Lolalytics:

Last time she had around 48% win rate in solo queue she was broken in competitive.
As I said earlier, even playing on my shitty laptop since my PSU failed for my PC, Kalista feels really damn good to play.

b524569395e8066f302eff1838856d57.png

Yes, I was against AD TF, but still.

Don't play AD TF kids.

Leezard

As I said earlier, even playing on my shitty laptop since my PSU failed for my PC, Kalista feels really damn good to play.

Yes, I was against AD TF, but still.

Don't play AD TF kids.

Nice. Hopefully she's strong enough to discourage some tanks but not strong enough to take over bot lane. Draven has a decent matchup against Kalista, right?

You didn't even get QSS! AD TF should've had his dream game. :^)

Newt

Yeah, Kalista really struggles against Draven because he can just burst her before she can spam her spears into him.

Back in the day, even when she was really strong, Kalista still struggled against Draven and MF.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
For what it's worth...I played Shen w/ Kalista bot and stomped some loser in Masters playing a Miss Fortune/Singed lane. Truly a new era...

Leezard

Singed support has to be one of the worst memes that happened from reddit.

Yeah, Kalista really struggles against Draven because he can just burst her before she can spam her spears into him.

Back in the day, even when she was really strong, Kalista still struggled against Draven and MF.

Sweet. Draven is nice to have in the bot lane.

Newt

For what it's worth...I played Shen w/ Kalista bot and stomped some loser in Masters playing a Miss Fortune/Singed lane. Truly a new era...
Singed support is just a ghetto Voli support which is a ghetto Leona support.

Shen support is a ghetto Taric.

Yeah, I tried Kalista out and she felt great. Lucian and Draven also seem to be doing much better.

Now if Riot could just get rid of slows gutting her AS that would be perfect.

one nice touch I will say

is that they finally made Runaans secondary and tertiary projectiles match the characters base projectile instead of being piss lines.

Leezard

one nice touch I will say

is that they finally made Runaans secondary and tertiary projectiles match the characters base projectile instead of being piss lines.

Yeah, it's really neat for the champs that have it. Varus E has a water effect if he has Nami E on him as well.

Leezard

Oh right, the talk about meatshield Karma reminds me of the CotC Karma I faced yesterday.

It was an interesting keystone choice. I don't know how many procs that karma actually got off of CotC.

Yeah, it's really neat for the champs that have it. Varus E has a water effect if he has Nami E on him as well.

every ranged does with the water affect, I'm pretty sure

They are not copying the auto animation, they are speically-added projectiles that are not exact copies. It should be that way for most common Runaan users at least.

that's lame. So only certain characters get a 'special' runaans animation?

As far as I know it only copies when there's a special interaction like Jinx's Fishbones or Kalista's Rend. Jinx for example has both, rockets are copied but minigun is generic yellow shots.

As far as I know it only copies when there's a special interaction like Jinx's Fishbones or Kalista's Rend. Jinx for example has both, rockets are copied but minigun is generic yellow shots.

Hrm.

Ashe has special projectiles as well.

Yeah, this is what made me think that(On my smurf). I saw with Jinx it copied her rockets, and Ashe it copied her shots(Flurry only maybe?). I thought it was neat. guess that's not the case though.

Yes, it copies special projectiles like Jinx rockets and Ashe Flurry because you need to know those effects still happen on the range bolts. It doesn't copy all auto attack projectiles cos then either none of them would look special or they all would.

It's a clarity thing.

Yes, it copies special projectiles like Jinx rockets and Ashe Flurry because you need to know those effects still happen on the range bolts. It doesn't copy all auto attack projectiles cos then either none of them would look special or they all would.

It's a clarity thing.

but but

aesthetic perfection

iModem

Banned
What's the best champ, in your guys' experience, to lock in if you've been autofilled into a position?

ADC -- Cait/Ashe, Jhin even if you have minimal experience
Support -- Janna. Crazy low skill floor and fits every comp.
Mid -- Not sure on this one. Used to be Ziggs
Top -- Used to be Malphite. Probably still Malphite.
JG -- ???

drawkcaB

I've decided, for absolutely not particular reason, that from here on out I'll be jungling exclusively animal or nature based champions. I maintain the right to classify champions as I see fit, which means I can still jungle Sejuani if ever I can stomach her early clear since she rides an animal, and I can still jungle Gragas. Because he's a fat ass hippopotamus man.

Christ, I had not idea I wanted a hippo or rhino themed champions until this very moment.

I wonder if they'll use different systems.

I've always assumed that we'll be getting a straight 10 bans.

What's the best champ, in your guys' experience, to lock in if you've been autofilled into a position?

ADC -- Cait/Ashe, Jhin even if you have minimal experience
Support -- Janna. Crazy low skill floor and fits every comp.
Mid -- Not sure on this one. Used to be Ziggs
Top -- Used to be Malphite. Probably still Malphite.
JG -- ???

I'm not sure your original idea is correct: that players should pick low skill floor champions when auto-filled. If a player is only going to play a single champion for a role they aren't use to playing, then it might be worthwhile to suggest champions that are versatile and can contribute when both ahead or behind.

Every game feels like a 1 v 9 chore for me right now. Dumpstering a Fiora top (like I'm 4/0) in lane as Yorick up until the point I get 2 v 1'd all game

meanwhile my team is losing 3 v 2s bottom, my mid lane Ori is just afk farming mid while Ryze roams and it gets to the point where I can't influence the game any more. All I need is my other lanes to at least go even and not feed their asses off.

Maybe I should just go back to Kled or something so I can beat people in lane that I am clearly better than AND just press my advantage by ganking other lanes.

Blizzard

Banned
Every game feels like a 1 v 9 chore for me right now. Dumpstering a Fiora top (like I'm 4/0) in lane as Yorick up until the point I get 2 v 1'd all game

meanwhile my team is losing 3 v 2s bottom, my mid lane Ori is just afk farming mid while Ryze roams and it gets to the point where I can't influence the game any more. All I need is my other lanes to at least go even and not feed their asses off.

Maybe I should just go back to Kled or something so I can beat people in lane that I am clearly better than AND just press my advantage by ganking other lanes.
What good is working for Riot if you can't just ban the opposing team?

Newt

You expect too much from normal games. Play ranked and your experience will improve.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm sorry to hear I missed the fantasy draft. It would have been fun to compete with Newt and company again. See you all next season, perhaps!

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm glad syndra's winrate doesn't seem to have tanked so much

ryze it just blows my mind how low his winrate is

yeah, i've been feeling similarly lately, too many games i see the rest of the team crashing and burning before i get a chance to do anything, and sometimes whatever i do is still not enough to pull us back from the pit they've put us

i feel like i've had to solo hard carry a lot this season cos my team was always a fucking dumpsterfire lol

i'd still say ranked is more competitive than normals

i just find it's harder to win lane in ranked which makes it more enjoyable since it takes more out of me and i feel like i'm improving as i play

Talents

Banned
I would agree with ranked being competitive if auto fill wasn't a thing, but it doesn't seem competitive when you've got people playing roles they have no idea how to play so they're just fucking around a bunch. It's especially annoying when someone gets a role that isn't their main when someone else had that role as their primary, yet they get secondary/filled.

Newt

I would agree with ranked being competitive if auto fill wasn't a thing, but it doesn't seem competitive when you've got people playing roles they have no idea how to play so they're just fucking around a bunch. It's especially annoying when someone gets a role that isn't their main when someone else had that role as their primary, yet they get secondary/filled.
How often were you autofilled in d5?

Talents

Banned
How often were you autofilled in d5?

A bit. But I sometimes dodge and don't play anymore for the day if I get autofilled so I only lose 3lp instead of 15. Sucks if I get it on my first game of the day cause then I have to stop playing ranked for the day lul.

Top Bottom