• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Don't care, won't ever use it besides with friends who I already have voice chat solutions for.
Seems like an odd stance to take, but everyone's different. Do you not talk to your team in Overwatch if you aren't partied with them? I talk to people in every game and half of them I'm solo. Start off with a big HELLO TEAM and someone is bound to be friendly and respond. Same with Dota2. I imagine LoL would be even friendlier given I find League players to generally be more friendly than Dota players.

iMcwAo2.png

That feeling when your entire team gets an S.

Should be an achievement or skin or something for that.

Well that's a first, rarely do I see 2 people getting S- or more but 5 is for me inconceivable. Did you smurf some bronze players or something? I really can't imagine that all 5 players would dominate so much that they would all get an S rank.

No, it was a ranked game. We finished them off in about 17 minutes with a couple of wipes in the base. It was as dominant as you'd ever see from 5 strangers.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2232802759/42941535?tab=overview

5 S's on mah team.

Seems like an odd stance to take, but everyone's different. Do you not talk to your team in Overwatch if you aren't partied with them? I talk to people in every game and half of them I'm solo. Start off with a big HELLO TEAM and someone is bound to be friendly and respond. Same with Dota2. I imagine LoL would be even friendlier given I find League players to generally be more friendly than Dota players
I never use voice chat with people I'm not partied with in any game, I just don't like chatting with strangers.

That's what text chat is for.

I never use voice chat with people I'm not partied with in any game, I just don't like chatting with strangers.

That's what text chat is for.

Chatting is chatting, text or voice. One is simply more efficient and convenient than the other. I personally think that it is just an odd stance that you want to take without even trying it. And that's fine; do you. Like I said, everyone is different. Your comfort limit is with people you know. I'm the guy that walks into the club, hands raised and I've been happy to chat with friendly strangers online since the launch of Xbox Live. Perhaps your introduction to voice chat was different than mine. It's not like you need to shoot the shit with people; being able to communicate enemy positions or how you want to coordinate initiations, relevant skill cooldowns, XP until 6/11/16 or spell casting quickly is invaluable. Pings are often insufficient and prone to misinterpretation. But again, do you. Whatever works for you.

mcz117chief

I feel the same way, Dreams. I also like to chat and I use it extensive in Counter Strike for example. I really don't feel like there is any downside to it.

TheFlow

Banned
this guy says he is going afk because I banned yas. I told him enjoy the ban then.

He says I was warned..lol

of course he says it is his alt account, and he has a plat account. smh.

TheFlow

Banned
guess what HE left after giving first blood. but a mircale happened. Our vayne carried the game.

yes I can finally say I won a 4vs5! we still reported the guy

this guy says he is going afk because I banned yas. I told him enjoy the ban then.

He says I was warned..lol

of course he says it is his alt account, and he has a plat account. smh.

They always say its their alt account

More time than not, it isnt.

And voice chat isnt necessary. Like Stone mentioned, theres more solutions outside the client that would probably work better.

Also trying to play off someone not using voice chat as an "odd stance" is scummy as fuck. Truth is, a good amount of people would probably disable it. Theres no huge outcry for voice chat(except for the minority during the curse voice premier, but that was a matter of "waaah they took away my curse voice" than actual wanting of voice chat) and it would be too hard to stop toxicity from it(like Ive mentioned before, Riot tries hard in preventing toxicity.)

jerd

Seems like an odd stance to take, but everyone's different. Do you not talk to your team in Overwatch if you aren't partied with them? I talk to people in every game and half of them I'm solo. Start off with a big HELLO TEAM and someone is bound to be friendly and respond. Same with Dota2. I imagine LoL would be even friendlier given I find League players to generally be more friendly than Dota players.

No, it was a ranked game. We finished them off in about 17 minutes with a couple of wipes in the base. It was as dominant as you'd ever see from 5 strangers.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2232802759/42941535?tab=overview

5 S's on mah team.

I don't use it in overwatch either but I just think it's different. In league even in the rare occasion it's necessary to type something you can pretty much always take a second to do so, which isnt the case in FPS games. I could see it being useful in team fights for calling out targets since target pings get drowned out though.

zkylon

zkylewd
What is your stance on voice chat, guys?

Want/don't want?
i'd never talk with your average league random weirdo so imo it's a waste of resources outside of good pr for rito

rito probably has the data to back that up but at this point they're as fed up with ppl asking for it the same way they ask for replays or sandbox even tho 99% of ppl wouldn't use it, so i guess they just went "oh fuck it we'll do it... eventually" and hopefully everyone forgets by then

i think all of those features are basic stuff nowadays but eh, i've given up on them long time ago

sandbox is actually important though

Being able to be in an area with no cooldowns in order to practice skills/combos is a necessity for pro play

On that aspect, Riot is woefully behind the times and their excuses for it are bad in that regard.

sandbox is actually important though

Being able to be in an area with no cooldowns in order to practice skills/combos is a necessity for pro play

On that aspect, Riot is woefully behind the times and their excuses for it are bad in that regard.

I completely area. I feel it's greatly important for all players.

The ability to set up situations and see how well it works out is so important imo. To be able to practice flash-ults and build paths ... to be able to practice things like "QSS timing" and "how much dmg can I do so such and such character when they're building so-and-so items" is really key to me and I don't know why it's not in this game when it seems to want to be seen as a true sport level activity.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think they're useful but not an absolute necessity (pros been doing fine without em so far i think?) and honestly, overwatch released without replays, sandbox and no one uses the voicechat in that

so idk

i think they're useful but not an absolute necessity (pros been doing fine without em so far i think?) and honestly, overwatch released without replays, sandbox and no one uses the voicechat in that

so idk

Overwatch actually does have a 'sandbox' like mode though, because in custom games you can set the cooldowns to be 0(For example). As for the lack of replays...I think the only shooter that does replays is Halo? AFAIK? Maybe Counterstrike. Either way, for a shooter replays aren't as important as something you can analyze(And which many do for League through Twitch VoDs).

Being able to see someones last hit strategy, for example, is more important than seeing how somebody aims(Because one can be easily replicated, the other one depends on the dexterity/being able to snap onto a target).

zkylon

zkylewd
Overwatch actually does have a 'sandbox' like mode though, because in custom games you can set the cooldowns to be 0(For example). As for the lack of replays...I think the only shooter that does replays is Halo? AFAIK? Maybe Counterstrike. Either way, for a shooter replays aren't as important as something you can analyze(And which many do for League through Twitch VoDs).

Being able to see someones last hit strategy, for example, is more important than seeing how somebody aims(Because one can be easily replicated, the other one depends on the dexterity/being able to snap onto a target).
ah, that's right, i forgot about custom

honestly i don't know why rito doesn't do the custom mode thing like overwatch does

like the game might break but who cares right

Yeah, just adding a custom option to lower cooldowns by 90% would be good. They already have URF mode, so adding that sort of capability wouldn't be impossible.

.....maybe they think it would be too toxic. That's the only reason why they haven't added something like this. 'We at Riot feel that a sandbox mode would be too toxic and people would feel bad and their feelings hurt.'

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, just adding a custom option to lower cooldowns by 90% would be good. They already have URF mode, so adding that sort of capability wouldn't be impossible.

.....maybe they think it would be too toxic. That's the only reason why they haven't added something like this. 'We at Riot feel that a sandbox mode would be too toxic and people would feel bad and their feelings hurt.'
yea but that was already ridiculed enough to the point that they changed their mind

honestly i think they should just like u say, start with a 90% cd checkbox on custom games, build it bit by bit, later on do no death timers, infinite gold, etc.

they don't even need to set up complicated scenarios, just start with that

zkylon

zkylewd
wanna post questions or ask for suggestions instead of just complaining about teammates?

that's not constructive for u and not very interesting for us either, and i think ppl would be more than happy to help out if u just asked

23qwerty

nope I hate talking to randoms

Newt

For any of you who play Teemo/Kayle/Kogmaw, Wits End is actually an extremely good item now. On Kayle, either rush it or build it second. Also, TP feels a lot less appealing on mid, I took exh this game and it felt pretty good.

Nev

Banned
Play adc.

You mean play Ezreal/Lucian/Vayne or some other one with a realiable reposition ability so you're not automatically at a disadvantage/useless throughout the whole game when you're fighting monster tanks to whom you do 10% damage before they oneshot you with their full tank build despite your full damage build and squishiness?

Sounds exciting.

Newt

You mean play Ezreal/Lucian/Vayne or some other one with a realiable reposition ability so you're not automatically at a disadvantage/useless throughout the whole game when you're fighting monster tanks to whom you do 10% damage before they oneshot you with their full tank build despite your full damage build and squishiness?

Sounds exciting.
Lol, you're way behind with the meta. This is the Ashe, Twitch, MF, Jhin meta.

But of course you're right, you gotta position well and defend yourselves from the monster tanks. That's why ADC takes finesse.

Top Bottom