• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

You mean play Ezreal/Lucian/Vayne or some other one with a realiable reposition ability so you're not automatically at a disadvantage/useless throughout the whole game when you're fighting monster tanks to whom you do 10% damage before they oneshot you with their full tank build despite your full damage build and squishiness?

Sounds exciting.

Yeah like I cant kill the goddam tank 5vs1 and the enemy adc just kill everyone exhausted after dealing with the tank

zkylon

zkylewd
What the hell is wrong with her foot
Or Lux's face
Or her face

This is some 2010 splash art quality
i'm gonna be constructive cos it's in my best interest that swimsuits in league are portrayed in the best way possible

yes it's really bad

but it's also probably salvageable

- i can see what they're going for with mf's face, i say she's about 15% from being a really good face, it's just that the glasses and the hat look plastered on and the face in general looks blurry
- mf's pose is really strange, not in the general broken spine way but she's like taking like a selfie but her hand doesn't properly line up with the camera so is she supposed to be resting then? but like why isn't she resting her back on the chair? i feel like the idea is that you're sitting next to her but it just looks really strange and offputting
- her toes are weird idk what else to say other than just redraw em
- gun looks really strange since she's not doing anything with it. i think you should just remove that since it not only looks out of place but looks poorly drawn
- the background art is actually really good, very colorful, chair looks comfy, coconut drink looks good, i love all of that
- background characters tho... oh dear
- most important first, lux just looks really bad. her face is just not lux's face, her expression is just ugly and amateurish. they also ruined a great chance to do good armpits by making hers a blurry thing. armpits are sexy god damn it
- mundo with the tongue like that looking lasciviously at mf just looks like a creepy sex offender. he's not really funny, he's just very creepy
- lee's face is acceptable i guess, i'm just bothered by his phone having the camera on the bottom, mixed with his derpy face it looks like he's an idiot holding his phone upside down
- speaking of which, why is everyone taking pictures of mf? even blitz is taking one. that's not how selfies work, that's not how anything works, why would four ppl be taking pictures of the same person, that's just weird. it's not like they gave everyone custom looking cellphones that add a bit of character to them, 3/4 are generic grey stuff and lux's is pink cos i guess she's a girl, right? not to mention the whole idea of lee, a blind person, taking someone's picture being really stupid. tho i guess that maybe explains why he's using his phone upside down
- finally blitz is fine, they didn't do anything weird with him and he only looks bad-ish because his design is so old and dumb, but at least he looks funny in the right kind of way
- the characters on the background are like desaturated to make mf pop up more but it makes them look a lot more boring too
- also mundo and lee already have swimsuit skins so they don't add anything from being in the scene, while u can't really see lux or blitz to properly check them out
- and the picture is just overloaded, too many characters not distributed evenly enough, mf takes a lot of wide space but doesn't really do anything worth it and i just don't like how it looks as a composition

now a lot of this is fixeable with minor touches and some bigger ones. lighting and color grading can help mf's glasses and hat blend in with her face, lux's face can be redrawn, lee's phone can be turned upside down, etc.

but seriously let's compare it with fiora's splash

Fiora_Splash_5.jpg

fiora's has
- simple understandable scene, fiora walking in the pool after breaking trynda's penis sword, no weird concepts, camera is just meeting her eyes, nothing fancy
- background characters are interacting with her in a manner that makes sense. fiora is hot so there's a lot of dudes looking at her/kat's jealous and trynda's bummed out cos she broke his sword. ashe and garen aren't doing anything special, but they get to have their own demacian swimsuits and just help fill out the picture
- no strange poses, just typical butchered anatomy because league is anime and who cares
- good visual distrbution, fiora takes centerplace while everything works around her in a very pleasant way. lots of negative space with the sky and the clouds. skies are pretty! it's just a really easy to look at picture

so in short, it's a mess, but u can fix it, look into fiora's splash as a success and take ideas from there. honestly i would kind of love a redraw but i doubt that'll happen but if it's released in the state it is it really makes that skin kind of trash.

big step down from what we're used to from rioter artists

this has been a zkylewd essay

The weirdest thing about that splash is that it was drawn by the same artist who did some good recent splashes like the Aprils Fools skins one and High Noon Jhin. Just what the hell happened here lol did it get rushed out the door or what

I'm sure no one will give much of a shite since I don't chat much buuuut---

---I put in a support ticket with Riot, and in about 13 more days my League account is going to be deleted. I spend too much time with League and need to dedicate more time to my guitar playing and writing. And while I love League to death, I can't keep playing a game where my happiness is predicated so heavily on strangers. Especially for as long as the games are. I would rather have deactivated the account for 3-6 months, but it's way too easy to just turn it back on...maybe if they had a system in place where I could deactivate with no way to turn back on until the time was up I would stay.

I fully expect to create a new account and start from scratch in a year or so...see where the game has gone. And I still plan on watching ranked matches for LCS and the like.

zkylon

zkylewd
good luck in ur other things then!

The weirdest thing about that splash is that it was drawn by the same artist who did some good recent splashes like the Aprils Fools skins one and High Noon Jhin. Just what the hell happened here lol did it get rushed out the door or what

might be an earlier wip than we're used to see

and artists can screw up, even great artists like riot's

---I put in a support ticket with Riot, and in about 13 more days my League account is going to be deleted. I spend too much time with League and need to dedicate more time to my guitar playing and writing. And while I love League to death, I can't keep playing a game where my happiness is predicated so heavily on strangers. Especially for as long as the games are. I would rather have deactivated the account for 3-6 months, but it's way too easy to just turn it back on...maybe if they had a system in place where I could deactivate with no way to turn back on until the time was up I would stay.

I fully expect to create a new account and start from scratch in a year or so...see where the game has gone. And I still plan on watching ranked matches for LCS and the like.
wat

Can't you just you know, not play

patchday

no way thats just too much money gone! I find it so easy to put the game down and take a break. Just play support for a few ranked games that should cure yer addiction fast lol. And dont pick a carry support like Zyra. Pick a support really dependent on ADC and that should do it for ya

I know what I'm talking bout this is me right here. I barely ever play

upYIvrs.gif

she got the face so right

is jinx any good right now

i kind of forgot she existed

wow!!!! That's done so well! So creepy!!!!!!!! Where you find this?

I LIKE JINX BECAUSE SHE TOTALLY REPRESENTS ME. I'M TOTALLY CRAZY LIKE JINX, DON'T GET IN MY WAY! HAHAHAHA!

I hate jinx cosplayers so much ._.

They're just as bad as Undertale cosplayers

I COSPLAY AS SANS BECAUSE HE'S RELAXED LIKE ME HAHAHAHAHA, SO DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME OR YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A BAD TIME ;) YOU WANT SOME KETCHUP I FUCKING LOVE KETCHUP I'M SANS!

I just got hit with the most random bug I've seen on League. My game kept minimizing every time I casted a spell or used my jungle potion.

!?!?!?!?

GAF is running out of Vel'Koz players

pouroneout21.gif

faridmon

Needless to say, i have become worse player for the past 2 months, to a point that I have been playing like I was a year ago.

To my defense, I have started playing more champs in order to increase my pool: Soraka, Kench, Nami, Lux, tc and I have been worrying about learning their mechanics and playstyle, than the game at large myself. So warding, positioning, peel, engage have been absolutely dreadful

:(

patchday

oh noes, zyra nerf in patch 6.13. But I see shes still top 10 champion so guess no biggie?

im so out of it- I dont know how long patch 6.13 has been out

zkylon

zkylewd
wow!!!! That's done so well! So creepy!!!!!!!! Where you find this?
places

I LIKE JINX BECAUSE SHE TOTALLY REPRESENTS ME. I'M TOTALLY CRAZY LIKE JINX, DON'T GET IN MY WAY! HAHAHAHA!

I hate jinx cosplayers so much ._.
?

same girl probably does ahri, syndra and nidalee, i don't think that works

and anyways it's just cosplay, why do u have to get mad

Needless to say, i have become worse player for the past 2 months, to a point that I have been playing like I was a year ago.

To my defense, I have started playing more champs in order to increase my pool: Soraka, Kench, Nami, Lux, tc and I have been worrying about learning their mechanics and playstyle, than the game at large myself. So warding, positioning, peel, engage have been absolutely dreadful

:(
probably take a step back and play less champions if u see ur basics getting rough

maybe go back to ur trademark champions, focus on fixing ur general mistakes and then u can go back to adding champions to ur pool

mind you that the game is always changing so if u don't keep working on your fundamentals and don't keep up with the meta you'll be left behind

oh noes, zyra nerf in patch 6.13. But I see shes still top 10 champion so guess no biggie?

im so out of it- I dont know how long patch 6.13 has been out
she's still really strong, don't worry

Yo Costy - I'm in Dublin until Saturday, where is good to visit?

ooh. the Guinness Storehouse and Jameson Distillery are good. Dublin Zoo and Phoenix Park are great. The Book of Kells is at Trinity College which is right in the city. Grafton Street for shopping and St. Stephen's Green to chill out. I've never been but people like the Botanic Gardens.

There's also probably a few things going on related to 1916.

Also check your PMs.

Top Bottom