• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
There are multiple Ritos in Europe. Sjokz works in Berlin, me in Dublin. But he got to meet me and that's better.

Right guys?

:(
i feel like u picked the wrong rito europe to apply to, costy

Lux still looks like she's in her late 50s but at least MF is looking much better now
yeah, much better, you could really tell the splash was an earlier wip than we're used to

the new lighting specially does a great job directing ur eyes better towards mf

this is pretty acceptable, would be nice if they fixed lux and friends but the important character here is mf and she looks great now

Calvero

Banned
Good sejuanis don't use Q to initiate, they use Q to chase the flashers

This applies to ganks/gap closers in general, too. So many junglers approach an enemy laner from behind and use their gap closer to get to the enemy. This often wastes a kill opportunity. They should just run up to them and only use the gap closer when necessary, often after a blown flash.

yeah, it's like Xin players who initiate with E and then can't follow up the flash without flashing. or Yi players who don't save the Q for flashes or incoming CC

zkylon

zkylewd
don't tell junglers how to kill me damn it

wait for them to be dumb about their gapcloser is like how i escape 80% of ganks

Any thoughts on when the new champ will be revealed and release?

I only really started playing after Illaoi was out. Jhin was a forever tease but AS and Earthy came out pretty damn soon after their first tease so IDK what's normal.

TheOddOne

lol, wut?

Diana is like the ONLY champ I never had much of a problem taking against Yas. In fact, I never knew how annoying and UNFUN it is to lane vs a Yas until I stopped playing Diana (cause her kit is just too damn 1 dimensional IMO).

If you're having that much of a problem with him take Exhaust.
Have not played Diana in like ages, so I was a bit rusty but I was really struggling fighting against Yas. In team fights he wasn’t a threat and I basically one shot him, but 1v1 was painful.

I can manage him fine with Kindred, Taliyah and Ekko.

killatopak

Gold Member
When will we get another ultimate skin? I remember Sona's was released earlier last year but I haven't heard any news about it yet.

Hoping for a top laner ultimate skin since jungle, supp and adc already have one.

d[-_-]b

Banned
Made it to plat 1 and boy it feels like another elo hell after the first game, had a garen chase jhin to the fountain with GA and suicide while we were losing.

Newt

If I lose to this I'm gonna hate my life.
dae9898fc4e2939c183820e58a3f8657.png

Have not played Diana in like ages, so I was a bit rusty but I was really struggling fighting against Yas. In team fights he wasn’t a threat and I basically one shot him, but 1v1 was painful.

I can manage him fine with Kindred, Taliyah and Ekko.

IDK what to tell ya, haven't played her vs him in a looong time. Don't be afraid to slap him with a AA, use W when his BS shield is down and use your passive when he's close. Just like any Diana match up you're gonna have to play like a bitch til 6.

Anyway, I just had a thought ... maybe the bush teaser is a nod to Pokemon and the new champ uses more than 1 creature (I already assumed that it's a some kinda master/ pet champ given our lil hints but didn't link it to Pokemon before recently. Now I'm thinking it could be Master/ PETS with like 2 creatures involved ...).

Sounds like at least 2 different animals could be in the bush and having more than one pet would make them stand out from Swain and Quinn..

So my bet's on ... Ninja Female Yordle with 2 pet monsters (uses pets to do Ninja shit! Like one can blow out a smoke screen or she could ride one to dash/ glide over walls). Top Laner tank/ bruiser or assassin.

zer0das

Banned
Besides GW MF lost nothing in her kit lol

Same for Ashe, you don't have to keep mashing her Q, I guess?

MF is rewarded for switching targets, instead of staying on the same target. Old Ashe you could work around when your crit would be up for extremely efficient damage trades, and your crits were still normal ones. Those are pretty massive differences, even if all the skills are the same for the most part.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Oh, the arcade riven needs 1000 orange fragments, I used all for the russian seju

the problem is when you use that skin while somehow having rank 5 mastery god knows how people will think you're actually good at the champ and act surprised when you go 0/6 in laning phase

zkylon

zkylewd
i was just thinking today, taliyah's q design is kind of genius

worked ground as a mechanic could've easily be used the other way around (worked ground buffs you in some way) but instead it makes you weaker the more you use it. the more time you spend sitting in the same place the weaker you get

so she's by design encouraged to roam because if she just sits in lane she's gonna eventually lose it.

and her ult is kind of a perfect roam ult so it ties really well together in a way i like a whole lot

it's kind of subtle (kind of) but i love how they managed to discourage you from being a waveclear bot without you actively knowing it

i think there could be some things that are better (less wonky w will help a lot i bet, and also the passive is a bit underwhelming), but she's awesome

hope she gets the nerfs she needs and manages to remain viable

It sure is a toughie
Vayne maybe?

I think LoL dont have a "speed" champion like her outside ekko phasing skills
yea but she needs to have like two guns and they've already done lucy and mf, and mf being d.va felt kind of ridiculous

i forget if there's someone else with two guns

honestly i would just love some official homage skins

riot likes anime, overwatch is anime, league is anime, just do it!

early teaser for next champion, maybe

Hmm, looking at the poster I think I'm right about it being a Pokemon Master of some kind.

Seems like People think the drawing is a badly drawn Kog but I think it's one of "Kled's" pets that ran away from a battle. The other Pet has paws ... cause Paw print makes no sense otherwise. Unless Kled is a baby member of Rango's people and stepped on the paper >_>

Was hoping for a pretty ninja Yordle waifu Pokemon Trainer (Could still be the case ... "Kled" doesn't sound super male) but the tease tweets keep referring to "some strange guy" putting up these Wanted Posters :/

Welp, I expect a reveal soonish either way.

EDIT- I think the Creature may give Kled Out-of-combat movement speed and it runs into the nearest bush when Kled enters battle. Would explain why it's "always running" and is "ungrateful/ coward". Maybe it's like Poppy's Passive where you actually have to go and pick it up to get it (But, like, it's a passive that runs on a momentum system. Either build the momentum back up to activate/ trigger it or run into the bush it ran into and hop on it. Maybe being on it gives you some added bonus like wall jumping ... and maybe enemies can go into that bush and scare it away so that you can't hop on it.)

zkylon

zkylewd
tried doing my best bjergsen impression but it's really hard not to screw up ur team with that ult sometimes lol

i like the abyssal/morellos build a lot more than roa, tho i was playing against the least aggressive annie ever so idk

Ekko and Taliyah aren't kids, at the most in their teens.

I have a concept for a kid champion. Riot hire me and you'll get the coolest kid champion ever that's intricately woven into the lore.

23qwerty

same

a summoner so powerful they turn themselves into a super kid and place themselves into the league and punch all the other champs to death

i call them one punch kid

q: punch for a one hit ko
w: punch for a one hit ko
e: punch for a one hit ko
r: punch the whole team and kill them all

costy hmu

zkylon

zkylewd
ekko and taliyah are like 15/17

also i was thinking the other day about what a spell like zenyatta's discord orb could be like in league

like if it was a targeted thing that'd be super awful to play against but maybe if the champion created zones of dmg amplification or armor/mr reduction or whatever

sounds like a fun thing for a support to have

ekko and taliyah are like 15/17

also i was thinking the other day about what a spell like zenyatta's discord orb could be like in league

like if it was a targeted thing that'd be super awful to play against but maybe if the champion created zones of dmg amplification or armor/mr reduction or whatever

sounds like a fun thing for a support to have

An Antitank support would be interesting

Top Bottom