• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Still hoping this "Kled" is a cute lil Yordle girl even though that hope seems loss. (Kled doesn't sound like a girls name ... but Poppy doesn't either :p)

But either way I welcome what seems to be a throw back to when Champs were a bit more goofy. I mean, this promo is pretty funny with the kid scribbles and drawings and the thought that part of their kit involves riding a magical creature (POKEMON!) is too good!

But, I mean ... I guess they can be revealed to be some kinda psycho murderer who enslaves creatures illegally and be all grim dark lol

Kled better be a kid and not a Yordle.
Kid Yordle, best of both worlds I hope!

I don't understand that poster. Is he looking for both the beast and asaddle? Is the beast the saddle as well?

I'm dumb.

Patch notes are up btw http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-614-notes

I think the creature is his "saddle" and has something to do with his kit.

EDIT- Oh wow, it cost Viktor the price of a Large Rod to upgrade now? Well fuck ...

Abilities (remaining cooldown or insufficient resource warning)
Summoner spells (remaining cooldown)
Major items (remaining cooldown when relevant, indication of completion otherwise)
Vision items, including trinkets (cooldown or ward charges)
Health and resource bars (current percent)

Took them long enough to take this feature from HoTS ~

zkylon

zkylewd
viktor nerf seems super fair and very well deserved. he'll still be top tier but he needed this nerf (actually it's kind of the exact same nerf i would've given him :p). azir nerf is also pretty good, i like both of these nerfs as non knee jerk solutions that deal with the exact issues of these champions' midgames

lux nerf i'm pretty bummed about since it makes absolutely no fucking sense

This isn't actually how I meant it. Here in the UK, you would usually refer to something being on tap if there was an endless source or most likely, referring to a beer pump: 'They have Budweiser on tap. this place blows'. Jhin can flick that root on and on off with ease in the 2v2 lane.
well idk, i forget jhin's w cd but i bet it's in the low 10s mark

that's not endless

that's not how spanish speaking ppl react costy

you racist pig

i like his look tho

he looks like a piñata

Took them long enough to take this feature from HoTS ~
to be fair doto had it first, i think?

So good!

%255E17007E7D8B8E0D10277CDE9D8787AD2B1047BBF68E313E6DE9%255Epimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

%255E0FCEC049A43E2AF22478C54585D29492E67F019CF8CAF73F52%255Epimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
"Yasuo mains are people, too. Kind of."
Riot's patch notes are so much better than every other developer.

Leezard

Not if you take mana runes and/or buy a tear

Eh
It's not that big of a buff

HEAL 30/50/70/90/110 ⇒ 40/65/90/115/140
HEAL RATIO 0.2 ability power ⇒ 0.25 ability power
SHIELD 35/55/75/95/115 ⇒ 30/55/80/105/130
SHIELD RATIO 0.2 ability power ⇒ 0.3 ability power
It certainly is. You get 15 extra shield and 30 extra heal, giving a total bonus of 45 over the old one. You had to have close to get the max 50% boost in order to max that with the new one, except you get the new values all the time. You also have lower cooldown now.

It's mostly a buff for the spell. Only the case of healing a single low hp target -especially out of combat- is worse, and even then with the new, shorter cooldown you'll probably not be much worse at that.

Rito said:
You can also click on jungle timers in the Tab menu to put them in chat. Don’t ping them. Just click them. If you Alt+Tab, it’s not our fault. We warned you.

Took me longer than expected to get why the risk of alt-tabing, hahaha.

Not sure if I want Spell Vamp Quints for Illaoi or if I wanna buy the Earth Bender >_>

I got one just to see if I see a difference though.

So the new champion is some kind of chupacabra?

I believe that Magical Pokemon Creature is a part of it's kit.

Given we haven't had a reveal yet that means I'm atleast 4 weeks from being able to play them ... so Imma blow my IP on something else.

Spell vamp quints are garbo

IDK, I'm watching a really high level Illaoi OTP talk about it abit in one of his commentaries and he's healing up a ton more than I normally do with the same items it seems.

After one more game I should have the IP to buy the Earth Bender so it's no biggy for me to try this one quint out. (I'm pretty lax with Quints it seems. Use to run AS quints on her)

zkylon

zkylewd
I warned youuuu
yeah my bad for being an eternal optimist

i'll never learn :(

Wut? Q got a tiny tiny nerf and her passive got a pretty noticeable buff. I don't see the problem here at all, it is more a buff than anything.
it's not a tiny nerf, 60 to 50 is a pretty big deal and it lasts for all of laning phase (which btw doesn't receive the passive buff, you get like 8 exra dmg per full rotation with the new passive values)

why there had to be a nerf with this buff

why buff this shit at all

it's super strange

Did riot changed splash arts at that degree before?
not really, they've done heavy work on some bad splashes (like lee sin's) but tbh they never really had to since their splash art quality is so consistently excellent

like, it's been long since there's been something as bad as that lux face in a splash art and the fixes they did to mf show that it's not for a lack of talent, it just looks unfinished

IDK, I'm watching a really high level Illaoi OTP talk about it abit in one of his commentaries and he's healing up a ton more than I normally do with the same items it seems.

After one more game I should have the IP to buy the Earth Bender so it's no biggy for me to try this one quint out. (I'm pretty lax with Quints it seems. Use to run AS quints on her)
Spell vamp is reduced for AoE spells, the quints will give you like 4~7 extra HP tops per target hit by a tentacle slam at max level and with a decent amount of AD, not counting resistances reducing it. It's literally nothing.

Nekofrog

Banned
Since riot has already demonstrated that they're cool with time travel, they should make a young version (kid) of an existing champion with a different kit and explain it as an anomaly that happened because zilean and ekko messing up some time travel.

Probably my best moment as Illaoi ever, that I just wanted to share. #StillTrash #When'sProjectIllaoi

that's a good comp to pick illaoi into. no real disengagers, all fairly short ranged, squishy, nobody with a dash other than Lee Sin who himself has to go in in order to matter, and the most immobile adc in the game. That's the dream illaoi comp.

Nekofrog

Banned
A few days ago I had a game where I was top and Leona just kept roaming and trying to gank me over and over and over until I was like "Leona has been nonstop roaming and trying to gank me for 10 minutes straight, why can't you just kill their adc by himself? "

"Leona is their jungler"

"WTF for real? No wonder, jeeze"

that's a good comp to pick illaoi into. no real disengagers, all fairly short ranged, squishy, nobody with a dash other than Lee Sin who himself has to go in in order to matter, and the most immobile adc in the game. That's the dream illaoi comp.

It's funny too, because I kept getting ganked by Lee Sin and I would win the 1v2 every time. Lol

At that point I kept farming up and harassing Nasus. It was too good. Even baited 5 into a bush, getting a Quadra because I was getting tentacles placed while ulting all 5. Although, somebody took the Penta from me.. ;____;

It's funny too, because I kept getting ganked by Lee Sin and I would win the 1v2 every time. Lol

At that point I kept farming up and harassing Nasus. It was too good. Even baited 5 into a bush, getting a Quadra because I was getting tentacles placed while ulting all 5. Although, somebody took the Penta from me.. ;____;

Yea, the minute you give Illaoi an early double kill, the match becomes infinitely more difficult. Illaoi with a sub-15 minute Cleaver is a lost lane in just about every scenario.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ashe_Splash_8.jpg

Katarina_Splash_9.jpg

Ekko_Splash_3.jpg

ekko looks pretty douchy but other than that the art is really really good

quality art like this is why i was sure rito wouldn't feel content with that shitty lux face

zkylon

zkylewd
asheturn.jpg

really like how ashe looks actually

not sure if they changed her pose but she looks more arched which looks really dope

she can also turn the hoodie off which is cool

ashe.jpg

i still think these skins are for the most part pretty lame but you know, they're league skins so ofc they're still gonna be mostly pretty good

Top Bottom