• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

TheOddOne

Unf that Ahri fanart.

naamloo543sd1kw6.png

A+

giphy5mjgy.gif

TheOddOne

You coulda had half your kills and assists and got an S if you had farmed better. The grades are picky about farm for sure.
Enemy team forced our hand because they kept diving early in the game, which put a damper on farming :(

But yeah, I need to do better at farming.

Leezard

even more hextech crafting/chest and key stuff incoming

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/new-hextech-crafting-components

EXHIBIT A // PROJECT CORE

EXHIBIT B // BLUEPRINTS
PROJECT Cores fuse with blueprints to unlock various types of loot. Certain blueprints allow you to craft First Strike icons for PROJECT: Ashe, PROJECT: Ekko, and PROJECT: Katarina, which you will need to secure First Strike borders for their loading screen cards.

These new and existing crafting materials reside in a variety of caches that you can purchase for IP or RP. Caches are similar to Hextech chests but do not require a key to open.

EXHIBITS C-G // CACHES
In our efforts to make gemstones directly purchasable, we’re also guaranteeing one per day in special bundles for the first six days of this operation.

phinious

Let's post who we each think is the most OP champ in each lane, and what our current ranks are!

Gold IV
Bot: MF and Annie
Mid: malz
Top: Fiora
Jungle: Ekko

zkylon

zkylewd
That's the best Ahri fanart you ever brought here, if only because of the face of an actual person.
yea i love when they do actual korean features on her

No, but I can draw it.
i wanna see it

More Taliyah fun. My favourite champion in the game I think. Every match is a joy. Slowly getting used to W -> E.
flat armor and mr runes

costy pls

Why are her tails also foxes? What kind of madness is that?
cool, sexy madness

Yeah, I played her a few times and while she seemed alright, that W was super awkward to use. Should feel a lot better now.
yeah, now it's great

still hard to land but way more reliable than before

i understood like literally zero of this system

it's amazing how bad a job of explaining crafting they do

Let's post who we each think is the most OP champ in each lane, and what our current ranks are!

Gold IV
that's such a terrible list lol

honestly i don't think outside sona there are that many like broken champions. like viktor is pretty op imo and that's the only lane i know

phinious

that's such a terrible list lol

honestly i don't think outside sona there are that many like broken champions. like viktor is pretty op imo and that's the only lane i know

Eh, those are the champs I hate laning vrs. Maybe they are just op to my champ pool.

jerd

Gold IV

Sona seems to be the only outlier right now honestly and i haven't seen her bc always banned. Hecarim is pretty disgusting too but other than those two nothing seems out of control right now. I will say I like immobile adcs being the strongest because it makes sense honestly and you can still dookie on them if you pressure them

Maybe I'd feel different if i played ranked more than once a month its kinda hard to judge stuff in norms

Gold IV

Bronze II/III

Bot: Vayne/MF/Jhin , Leona/Morgana/Lux
Mid: Yasuo(a good one)/Zed
Top: Garen (lol)/Rumble (quite rare or is a smurf)/Nasus/volibear
Jungle: Volibear/Xin/Yi/Lee (again, super rare or is a smurf)

zkylon

zkylewd
i really like this current cass rework

the e finally feels really fun to use, they kind of "dumbed her down" in a way that's a lot more enjoyable

Eh, those are the champs I hate laning vrs. Maybe they are just op to my champ pool.
well, hate laning against is probably a pretty different thing than just op

lots of frustrating champs in league, definitely

Unf that Ahri fanart.

naamloo543sd1kw6.png

A+

giphy5mjgy.gif

it was your 228cs, which is like 30-minute farm, but was all you mustered in an hour match. CS count is critical to S rankings.

Gold IV

In the hands of a good player?

Bot: Vayne
Supp: Sona
Mid: Viktor
Top: Akali or Cass
Jg: Graves

At my current skill?

Bot: Miss Fortune
Supp: Thresh
Mid: Malz
Top: Akali
Jg: Hecarim

phinious

Bronze II/III

Bot: Vayne/MF/Jhin , Leona/Morgana/Lux
Mid: Yasuo(a good one)/Zed
Top: Garen (lol)/Rumble (quite rare or is a smurf)/Nasus/volibear
Jungle: Volibear/Xin/Yi/Lee (again, super rare or is a smurf)

Is malz not played in bronze? Seems like he would be at the top of the list! He is so easy and strong imo

zkylon

zkylewd
it's just not fun to be chunked out 3/4s of ur health by almost unavoidable dmg

reminds me of old nidalee, he may be unreliable but the one time it hits it's just back to base for you

he's not unreliable lol

he farms ridiculously and has a super powerful global with insane siege potential. old nid wasnt even close to as busted as prime gp was.

zkylon

zkylewd
he's not unreliable lol

he farms ridiculously and has a super powerful global with insane siege potential. old nid wasnt even close to as busted as prime gp was.
his dmg is what i meant by unrealiable in that it reminds me of old nidalee, just fish for it from a long distance until it lands and then it's just 5v4

in gp's case it might even be ilke 5v3 or 5v2 lol

zkylon

zkylewd
lesson time for ghost

today's lesson: comparisons!

how do they work?

and how can we use them?

let's imagine for a second we have object A which has properties 1, 2 and 3

we also have object B which has properties 3, 4 and 5

notice how object A and B share property 3

hmm! interesting!

property 3 means we can draw parallels between objects A and B even if property 1 and 2 are unique to object A and 4 and 5 are unique to object B

isn't that something!

Back in my day

You would get 3 heart of golds and 3 philosopher stones on GP

You would hold these items for a good 15-20 minutes

And at the 20-25 minute mark of the game, you would come out with a complete build

And since you could kill your own minions to deny experience, you'd also outlevel your opponent forcefully

Those were the days..you whipper snappers, you whipper snappers don't remember real power.

zkylon

zkylewd
Back in my day

And at the 20-25 minute mark of the game, you would come out with a complete build

And since you could kill your own minions to deny experience, you'd also outlevel your opponent forcefully

Those were the days..you whipper snappers, you whipper snappers don't remember real power.
lol was that beta days?

i don't remember stacking heart of golds or philosopher stones

man old league was the best sometimes

league of black cleaver pantheon, league of warmogs, playing malphite with like 12 health pots lol

clemenx

Banned
Was GP buffed and I didn't notice? I thought they had all but killed his E. What made him come back? I know he was never "gone" but was it only a thing of tanks being lol OP and no one picking anything else?

Gotta love the design of Leviathan.

What's the counter to snowball items? Dying. What does Leviathan prevent? Dying.

I only started playing towards the end of S1, but it was fun how broken and unorthodox things can be. I think that was roughly soon after Wukong was released?

Leezard

lol was that beta days?

i don't remember stacking heart of golds or philosopher stones

man old league was the best sometimes

league of black cleaver pantheon, league of warmogs, playing malphite with like 12 health pots lol

That was like '01/ '02

Yeah it was back in season 1, gangplank lost his deny sometime during season 1 if I remember it correctly.

Gotta love the design of Leviathan.

What's the counter to snowball items? Dying. What does Leviathan prevent? Dying.

I only started playing towards the end of S1, but it was fun how broken and unorthodox things can be. I think that was roughly soon after Wukong was released?

Nah that was before Wukong. Leviathan got removed a while before Wukong got released.

zkylon

zkylewd
so, just found out phantomlord still exists and he was one of the biggest streamers running those csgo gambling scams and he's been banned from twitch

that guy was fucking rotten, so good riddance if he goes away. seems like he'll still be streaming on youtube or whatever

Kenai

Sona is...like really strong. Like, really really strong. Is she not the #1 support in the game right now? It has to be either her or Janna, right?

Janna isn't top atm but has been. Janna's been hovering between #1 and 4 since late last year in winrate terms and her winrate is around 52-3% right now.

Sona by comparison is above 58% winrate and approaching 59%, which I'd call broken. I'm banning her every game I can (thankfully the one time she snuck through n the ememy team we dumpstered them in lane and in game). She's so horribly annoying to play against in lane and when she can afford Censer lategame she becomes far more disgusting than Soraka ever has been. I'm not sure the Censer nerfs will be enough.

Wonder if I should bother saving up for Hec now that they're gonna nerf him.

I wanted him as a 2nd top who could play the map better than Illaoi. I got Shen but IDK how good he is in Solo and for some reason I can't find any high elo streaming Shen mains.

I could also do Sion but I don't much like his match up top. I prefer him mid :/

patchday

Logged on yesterday for a few mins to play with Aurelion Sol in a custom game by myself. Just so peaceful farming minions, practicing my CS, etc in peace and quiet. No mean juggler trying to gank or any of that crap.

Anyways I found Sol fun. Surprised.

patchday

Back in my day

You coulkd deny minions?

I actually played a tiny bit in beta back when Riot had to invite you. I really had no clue what I was doing though. I just remember running around as Annie and I kept thinking the champs were all so funny looking.

This game is so much better now in regards to champ selection.

edit: I do recall thinking this game was so much more friendly than original Dota All Stars and HoN. HoN's community was complete evil to noobs. This is why I rarely ever report anyone in LoL cause I've seen true evil in other MOBA that had like no MMR. I recall in original Dota when I was trying to learn if I joined the wrong server I was told to leave. Dark times yo

Janna isn't top atm but has been. Janna's been hovering between #1 and 4 since late last year in winrate terms and her winrate is around 52-3% right now.

Sona by comparison is above 58% winrate and approaching 59%, which I'd call broken. I'm banning her every game I can (thankfully the one time she snuck through n the ememy team we dumpstered them in lane and in game). She's so horribly annoying to play against in lane and when she can afford Censer lategame she becomes far more disgusting than Soraka ever has been. I'm not sure the Censer nerfs will be enough.

I see.

...but what's a Censer?

sona hotfix:

is that enough to even matter?

Top Bottom