• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Yeah, there's only so much value you can add to other parts of the map before shit starts getting crazy. Simply trading turrets was boring as shit, giving reasons for people to actually want to try and stop other teams seems to be the way to go.

That said, pro top laners better lube up.

No you see

They need to add another tower

And then they had a house behind that tower that fires slowing shots

And also add another tower next to it

And then add a healing fountain that you can click every 2 minutes so you can stay in a lane

and make it so skills can hurt towers

That'll solve all the problems, I'm sure.

Speaking of a bigger map, I'm not sure if LoLGAF already had a discussion on this in another OT, but what's everyone's thoughts on a multi-layered Summoner's Rift similar to HotS?

i.e- a cave entrance on both sides of the map that takes people to an underground cavern where a Baron-like neutral monster spawns

edit: or instead of a neutral minion, teams can go to the underground areas of bases and destroy fortifications that would lower the defenses of the ground level structures

Speaking of a bigger map, I'm not sure if LoLGAF already had a discussion on this in another OT, but what's everyone's thoughts on a multi-layered Summoner's Rift similar to HotS?

i.e- a cave entrance on both sides of the map that takes people to an underground cavern where a Baron-like neutral monster spawns

edit: or instead of a neutral minion, teams can go to the underground areas of bases and destroy fortifications that would lower the defenses of the ground level structures

That would be neats. It's fun playing HotS sometimes because they put you on different maps with different objectives.

I don't think that'd work for League... they have a different goal in mind

Newt

Jesus, Krepo just got kinda depressing on stream.

"Yeah, my life sucks right now. It just sucks. But what can you do. That's why I'm streaming. Trying to bring joy to other people, because my life sucks."

"It's hard to wake up sometimes."

"I count down the hours when I'm at work until I can go home and hit the gym. The gym is the only place I'm not harassed."
What, the whole 15 thing?

HRM....

Cn1QmhbUkAEqSm4.jpg:large

zkylon

zkylewd
general post about dynamic q: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/dynamic-queue-matchmaking-update

seems like the tldr is complaining about premades makes little sense if your argument revolves around winrates

not much else really said, but it's nice to see constant followup

Jesus, Krepo just got kinda depressing on stream.

"Yeah, my life sucks right now. It just sucks. But what can you do. That's why I'm streaming. Trying to bring joy to other people, because my life sucks."

"It's hard to wake up sometimes."

"I count down the hours when I'm at work until I can go home and hit the gym. The gym is the only place I'm not harassed."
that's really sad to hear, i know his casting career is rockier than ppl would've guessed but not this bad. personally i always found him to be really entertaining both as a player and as a caster, that's very depressing

my first instinct is to think that's too much but who knows, maybe? i'd love to hear rito's pitch for something like that

honestly i don't even think a bigger map or more asymmetric map is the right solution, i would just like to see them try or discuss their thought process for leaving the game as is

What, the whole 15 thing?

?

costy isn't about time u do that thing where u tell me if i'm gonna like the new champion

yipes, that's really lame of him

finally started to play rank again after a few months, every game some1 picks yasuo. Enemy team chose it 5 times in a row, and i won all 5 of those. Each time our team picked it I dodged. Feels gud

clemenx

Banned
I wish Riot finds a way to do something with the NA Challenger scene. Feels a bit wrong that the Challenger finals are there just to see who can win lots of money for C9 or TL when the EUCS had 2 actual young promising teams.

Damm, Sona is like W E W E sssssR Q W E W E x10

No you see

They need to add another tower

And then they had a house behind that tower that fires slowing shots

And also add another tower next to it

And then add a healing fountain that you can click every 2 minutes so you can stay in a lane

and make it so skills can hurt towers

That'll solve all the problems, I'm sure.

And then some objetives to push those new obstacles down.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea i think rylais+ghost is kind of busted right now and is probably gonna be nerfed

been playing viktor and cassi with it and it just feels really unfair for the ppl i'm mowing down with infinite slows at a billion ms

i think it'll either get the slow bumped down to like 30% or the price raised to 3500g or both

Sona still strong?

Didn't she get hot fixed?

hot fix is not a huge nerf so i'm guessing she's still gonna be on top

nbraun80

I wish Riot finds a way to do something with the NA Challenger scene. Feels a bit wrong that the Challenger finals are there just to see who can win lots of money for C9 or TL when the EUCS had 2 actual young promising teams.
idk, didn't many of the TLA's squard move up to the starting TL team like dardoc and matt? which shows them growing younger talent and then moving them up,and C9c has contractz who looked pretty good. I know they're not full rookie teams, but I think I'd rather have some of these more trusted orgs with Challenger teams than some of the shady ones of the past.

mcz117chief

It doesn't look more complicated than normal crafting

Buy box
Open box
Boxes drop blueprints and materials
Combine both to get prizes

well you need to get the blueprints from specific boxes then gather specific material from other boxes to craft the badges to unlock the first strike border, as opposed to last year's "buy skin, get the border", so you have to pay full price for the skins + pay for the boxes to get the border. Also, you only get a shard from the project overdrive box from the blueprint, le sigh.

Don't get me wrong, the border thing is asinine and I'm likely not doing that shit even though I want the Ashe skin. I just don't see anything wrong with the box setup per se.

TheOddOne

EU West has been just utter garbage today. People who are proud to feed, dive unrealistic battles and quitters. Usually this happens in like 1/10 of the matches on a decent day, but today it was more like 8/10 matches were just full on stupidity. How stupid? Fiddlesticks as support and he went 1/14/1.

Sigh.

mcz117chief

Don't get me wrong, the border thing is asinine and I'm likely not doing that shit even though I want the Ashe skin. I just don't see anything wrong with the box setup per se.

So you think it's asinine but you don't find anything wrong with the box setup? I guess I just don't understand what you are saying.

My problem is that you need

1) a specific box for each champion (which took them very long time to actually mention)
2) a specific new currency
3) and now decide whether to spend the new currency to get a skin shard or a border, unless you are willing to pay RP to get the border for all champions

In summary you now have to pay full price for the skins + an unspecified amount of rp/ip to get the boxes to unlock at least 1 border and if you want all of the borders you need to pay even more rp.

Last year you just bought the skin and you were done.

I understand that it wasn't very engaging last year but this year we are getting the same thing but paying more while also being more complicated, which really rubs me the wrong way.

EU West has been just utter garbage today. People who are proud to feed, dive unrealistic battles and quitters. Usually this happens in like 1/10 of the matches on a decent day, but today it was more like 8/10 matches were just full on stupidity. How stupid? Fiddlesticks as support and he went 1/14/1.

Sigh.

I saw a jungle Fiddle that didn't upgrade his machete even once during a 40 minute game :)

mcz117chief

This is triggering me.

I dunno how the F*** did he end up in my game! He was so so bad :D He couldn't do a single proper gank and his final score was like 1/8/2 or something :)

But damn, watching him do his thing (I can't even call it trying) was so hilarious, like, he would gank with his ult and then just walk away instantly XD

The dude was hilarious and I am kind of glad I got to see him but I am almost certain he was trolling. You just don't see such bad players in plat.

Or maybe he was a newbie and matchmaking trolled him and he was like...

INwBu6.gif

I love having a good-ol Illaoi stumpin to start the day!

(I mean ... it was a stumpin on MY part. We kinda blew the lead once the JG went AFK so so long that by the time she came back I was 15 and she was 9. Plus them being Premade meant they wouldn't say shit in chat and refused to do things like "take baron when 2 of their inhibs are down")

clemenx

Banned
Is that Gnar at 70 years old? Lol.

I actually love that Yordle's design. Has the veteran of war look perfectly.

Yo, the beast is Toothless from How to Train your Dragon.

Cn56YcuUkAAy_QJ.jpg

Show me his moves already rito.

Thanks for the link, nice trailer.

Seems like he can either shoot bombs from his gun or he throws bombs and shoots them afterwards from what lil is seen in the trailer.

That's all I got though.

A lil sad that it's not a female Yordle (at this rate the next Yordle will be in like 2018-2019 o_O) but he looks damn fun and it's nice to see more goofy/ fun champs!

Top Bottom