• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Lux_Splash_2.jpg

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG

Lux is cute! Cute!

Kenai

I see.

...but what's a Censer?

Ardent Censer? Maybe I am spelling it wrong. It has that stackable passive heal/shield booster atm so champs with shields/heals can buy multiples of it to stack the effect. it will be fixed next patch (if not sooner?).

Nerfing her base # will be nice but I am not sure how much it's gonna actually matter unless the afformentioned is also up there. I imagine most of that nerf would be gone with a 2nd ardent 9sans movement speed)

Ardent Censer? Maybe I am spelling it wrong. It has that stackable passive atm so champs with shields/heals can buy multiples of it to stack the effect. it will be fixed next patch.

Nerfing her base # will be nice but I am not sure how much it's gonna actually matter unless the afformentioned is also up there. I imagine most of that nerf would be gone with a 2nd ardent 9sans movement speed)

oooh that thing. I haven't played Support in like 8 months and didn't really know what that item did. Fascinating that she went from mediocre to top of the food chain.

Sona is only broken because she can do damage as well as heal it

And seeing how bot lane tends to be more passive and more focused on farming, it's going to create issues when you combine the two. Not saying that Sona is impossible to beat, but it's a problematic design due to how Sona can passively harass an opposing laner with little consequence while healing any injuries.

Edit-double post but you know....

patchday

I still remember first time I saw Xerath in like a Blind pick match. He gave us hell in early-mid. took awhile to figure out what the heck he even was--- since hes so rare. hes kinda expensive too for such a novelty

Calvero

Banned
Naota, if you see this- did your internet go out, or did you pull the plug on your computer to not have to deal with that troll Amumu? lololol

Yeah my internet went out. My MAC got locked out of the connection for some reason. I wasn't in a rush to get back to that game anyway lmao

sorry for leaving y'all to fend for yourselves against the mumu

are you guys still playing? i'm down for another

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Yeah my internet went out. My MAC got locked out of the connection for some reason. I wasn't in a rush to get back to that game anyway lmao

sorry for leaving y'all to fend for yourselves against the mumu

are you guys still playing? i'm down for another
This is what happens when we dont queue together.

Nev

Banned
I just had a game with a 2/9 Yasuo top, coincidentally. Fun times!

It was my bad though for minimizing during champ select, I didn't notice my genius team didn't ban the biggest piece of emetic shit in this game (Irelia) so I couldn't dodge the auto-defeat in time, especially when she was going top vs our 8 games Yasuo.

Crap game.

Newt

I just had a game with a 2/9 Yasuo top, coincidentally. Fun times!

It was my bad though for minimizing during champ select, I didn't notice my genius team didn't ban the biggest piece of emetic shit in this game (Irelia) so I couldn't dodge the auto-defeat in time, especially when she was going top vs our 8 games Yasuo.

Crap game.
Emetic shit huh? That's funny, I'll remember that.

mcz117chief

How long did it take you guys to understand the new Project hextech crafting? I had to read it word by word about 3 times before I started to understand it. It is pretty bad though, even if you buy the new skins day 1 you still don't get the first strike border, for that you need to craft the specific icons, so you have to buy the skins full price (why aren't they discounted during the first week anymore like they used to be?) AND buy stupid chests to craft some dubass icons. Dumb system, I really don't like this. What a great way to make something simple super complicated and even more expensive.

They're not discounted in the first week because they get guaranteed discounts a couple months from now. The upside is every skin released will get discounts, including legendaries.

zkylon

zkylewd
How long did it take you guys to understand the new Project hextech crafting? I had to read it word by word about 3 times before I started to understand it. It is pretty bad though, even if you buy the new skins day 1 you still don't get the first strike border, for that you need to craft the specific icons, so you have to buy the skins full price (why aren't they discounted during the first week anymore like they used to be?) AND buy stupid chests to craft some dubass icons. Dumb system, I really don't like this. What a great way to make something simple super complicated and even more expensive.
took me forever, had to watch the s@20 videos and the tldr and i still think it's confusing

all the crafting systems are needlessly convoluted, it's really bad design

compare it with overwatch, a game that does its item stuff real simple and even if it's all rng bullshit that's flooded with useless voice lines and sprays just to make it harder to get what you actually want, it feels much better just cos it's way more predictable and cos the loop is a lot shorter than at most getting to open like one chest a week in league

They're not discounted in the first week because they get guaranteed discounts a couple months from now. The upside is every skin released will get discounts, including legendaries.
unfortunately those discounts are not the full 50% but just like the tier down discount (as in, 1350->975 instead of 675) so it's not that big of a win, specially since 1350 skins already got first week discounts

Damn, talk about an improvement in splash art.
yeah!

How to fix Sona 101:
Nerf Athene's
athene's is not the issue, sona is the issue

The 1350 skins never got a 50% discount though, just the 28% or whatever the percentage was. Basically it's the same discount 1350 skins got but applied to every single skin instead of a handful of them.

It's okay I guess, but then again I never really gave a shit about those discounts. They're basically placebo to me since I don't really get leftover RP so 975 and 1350 is still 10 bucks to me.

zkylon

zkylewd
The 1350 skins never got a 50% discount though, just the 28% or whatever the percentage was. Basically it's the same discount 1350 skins got but applied to every single skin instead of a handful of them.
yea but now u have to wait a bunch or feel bad if u buy it on release :I

was robot lizzy on sale already btw?

i wanna play that

How long did it take you guys to understand the new Project hextech crafting? .

I didn't try, I just know it's not random and you can get it with rp or ip...

Anyway, I feel like I need someone to talk some sense into me. Been feeling the pull of ADC again. Partly cause I feel like a fed bot lane can simply carry the game regardless of champ where as a fed top or mid is more situational.

But I hate the thought of having to have someone basically babysit me til I can do anything in the game. I played ADC for so long ... but I was ready to drop the game cause of how much it tilts me that this other person in my lane basically dictates too much of my enjoyment for too long. That's why I started playing solo lanes.

How to fix Sona 101:
Nerf Athene's

I don't think they should nerf an item that appears to work fine for other champs just cause they fucked up one champ that uses it ... and basically made her URF mode in reg games.

Man, this was a fucking weird ass game :/

They got both Baron and Elder. Lucky for us Twitch made some smart picks and clean ups. Shockingly the Annie and I did the most DMG on our team (the Elise was the only one above us on either team ..)

I expected that honor to go to Twitch and Zyra.

take windspeakers

spam w

entire team gets big ass shield + 22 armor and 11 magic res.

u see sona build locket to stack the 300+ shield with this one

Worlds patch anti lane swapping shit
New: "Turret First Blood" gold: +275 local, +25 global (400 total gold across the team)
New: Turret AI has been updated, and are better at defending allied champions (coming in 6.16)

Fortification (temporary damage reduction buff on turrets) changed

Duration: 7 minutes -> 5 minutes
Damage reduction: 35% -> 50%
Fortification removed from bot lane turrets (we’re investigating a more nuanced approach to this)
Outer turret HP: 3300 -> 3500

Cannon minions now spawn differently

Each team gets one cannon minion per wave, rotating lanes.
Specifically, Bot gets a cannon minion in lane at wave 3, Mid at wave 4, and Top at wave 5. This then repeats.
Post-20 minutes, Mid has a cannon in wave 40 then both Bot and Top get one in wave 41. This then repeats.
Post-35 minutes, all lanes have cannons in each wave.
http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/B2y4p4vE-pre-worlds-early-game-update

Basically first blood for turrets to counter turret trading, stronger and more assymetrical turrets and some weird cannon minion thing that I have no idea what is supposed to accomplish but I guess makes wave control more assymetric accross the map?

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/B2y4p4vE-pre-worlds-early-game-update

Basically first blood for turrets to counter turret trading, stronger and more assymetrical turrets and some weird cannon minion thing that I have no idea what is supposed to accomplish but I guess makes wave control more assymetric accross the map?

yes, the idea of the cannon minion change is because lane swap pushes would usually be on the cannon wave. However if top lane has a cannon and bot lane doesn't because of the new sequencing, of course top will push quicker.

Basically it's another anti-laneswap change

Quonny

Jesus, Krepo just got kinda depressing on stream.

"Yeah, my life sucks right now. It just sucks. But what can you do. That's why I'm streaming. Trying to bring joy to other people, because my life sucks."

"It's hard to wake up sometimes."

"I count down the hours when I'm at work until I can go home and hit the gym. The gym is the only place I'm not harassed."

zkylon

zkylewd

the cannon minion stuff sounds like more anti turret trading stuff

if you go top you get ur cannon at minute 4 while botlane gets it at 3 (minions spawn at 1.30, right? i always forget...) so you're always gonna be slower than bot lane turret rush. tho since top turret is 50% stronger than bot turret so idk if that's overkill

overall these changes sound kind of hamfisted but probably necessarily since dragons and rift herald weren't enough to persuade pros to stop trading towers

Top Bottom