• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is he a Noxian or just living there, I mean teemo is a sociopat but this guy looks like evil witn a dumb dragon
he's killing noxians since they look the same as the soldiers from the bard video

i wish they would actually take advantage of these videos to show some lore instead

at least the bard one had some mystery and more than one faction and sort of characters and showed like idk something. it was still pretty dumb because there was no context for anything but at least it hinted at something in the world happening

this is just an ad

i wish rito cared about the story of the game more, i'm tired of the story being relegated to walls of text no one reads

He seems to be killing Noxians ....

So maybe he's a outcast Noxian or something?

he's killing noxians since they look the same as the soldiers from the bard video

i wish they would actually take advantage of these videos to show some lore instead

at least the bard one had some mystery and more than one faction and sort of characters and showed like idk something. it was still pretty dumb because there was no context for anything but at least it hinted at something in the world happening

this is just an ad

i wish rito cared about the story of the game more, i'm tired of the story being relegated to walls of text no one reads

So this guy is like "get of my lawn" mode.

His design reminds me of this this guy from Ice Age.

latest

zkylon

zkylewd
the shape of the halberd weapon thing the yordle is carrying makes me think he's a noxian too

he's probably like disgruntled about noxus not living up to its former glory or whatever

Wonder how old he is.

I mean, according to Poppy's lore she's old as fuck compare to humans but she still looks young. This looks like the oldest (in age, Gnar is on that Avatar age trip) Yordle ...

mcz117chief

i wish Riot cared about the story of the game more, i'm tired of the story being relegated to walls of text no one reads

Word! I would love that too. We only have two events that can trigger in the game, one with the Freljord heroes and one between Kha'Zix and Rengar. There should be more of them. In general there should be a lot more champion interactions like Yasuo commenting on Riven's abilities (I love that). Also, back in the days there was that event which resulted in changes to lore, the one from which we got the Ioninan boots, Riot should make these kind of events every year to keep the players involved more. Next, we could have themed events that talk about the lore, like the Project series which started with that incredible cinematic. They should make a whole spin-off from that, that would be incredible :)

zkylon

zkylewd
i duno about gameplay affecting stuff like that (tho i quite liked the whole gangplank is dead thing) but like, if you're gonna do a cg cutscene don't just waste it on absolutely nothing

and like i said a billion times

add music and art to those short stories, the format they're currently delivered in is really boring even if the content is pretty good

so far almost all of their video content has been really pointless, random fights between garen and tryndamere and ahri being best friends with leona, it's just contentless fanservice and last year we didn't even get that

meanwhile overwatch lore is super enjoyable cos there's comic books and in-game hints and champion interaction and freaking awesome videos that do story + action scenes + comedy + cuteness + everything.

why riot can't for the life of them add some story content to their game is beyond me

Nekofrog

Banned
I love that there are some things riot will look at literally just as it's starting to emerge and immediately put an end to it brefore it breaks out, like veigar support last year (was it more than that now? )

Its like every pro in the world instantly started complaining about how broken it was and riot instantly shut it down before it proliferated.

it would be cool to see characters interacting in game more

Overwatch does it with the lines the characters share in game
HotS does it as well(IE if Kerrigan and Raynor are on a team, they'll interact. Likewise if they're on opposing teams, if one kills the other, there's usually an interaction)

They did it once with Graves/Nocturne(Even though those characters don't share...lore....). Rengar/Khaz...

..Heck, even Swain and J4, who are supposed to be mortal enemies, don't say anything to each other.

Leezard

HotS does it as well(IE if Kerrigan and Raynor are on a team, they'll interact. Likewise if they're on opposing teams, if one kills the other, there's usually an interaction)

They did it once with Graves/Nocturne(Even though those characters don't share...lore....). Rengar/Khaz...

..Heck, even Swain and J4, who are supposed to be mortal enemies, don't say anything to each other.
For sure, hearing these interactions is really nice.

New characters have a lot of these interactions, but the old ones don't. Graves/Nocturne is probably one of the oldest interactions along with the Vi/Jinx/Cait lines.

The old champs voice lines would need to be overhauled.

Blizzard's heroes interactions are fun to watch, like they knew each other for a long time even in heroes in different games like sylvannas with kerrigan

Kenai

laning with a zyra support is awful, she steals all the kills while still being utterly useless

That's a player problem, not a champ problem. Zyra support is legit. What the Zyra should be doing is poking the enemy champs so hard they are scared to engage so you have an ez time farming.

laning with a zyra support is awful, she steals all the kills while still being utterly useless

That's a player problem, not a champ problem. Zyra support is legit. What the Zyra should be doing is poking the enemy champs so hard they are scared to engage so you have an ez time farming.

IDK, I still feel like Zyra "support" players are just someone who wants to play a mid lane mage but wants the safety of having a juice ADC around that people wanna jump on more than them.

I have no clue how she "works" as a support with that kit :/

IDK, I still feel like Zyra "support" players are just someone who wants to play a mid lane mage but wants the safety of having a juice ADC around that people wanna jump on more than them.

I have no clue how she "works" as a support with that kit :/
You deal a hilarious amount of damage without damage items and you have extreme zone control and disengage potential.

If you can afford to grab one damage item you literally melt teams.

zkylon

zkylewd

newer league champions have unique taunts and interactions but problem is that super short quips are not something that's as easily appreciated in league as in overwatch since u don't really have a minute of dead time to listen to characters talking to each other. i mean, there is, i guess, before jungle camps spawn, but i don't think i've ever heard champions say anything to each other since it's mostly tied to taunts and jokes and crap which nobody ever really uses

i mostly would love to see more active story content instead of walls of exposition text

unfortunately rito seems hell bent on wasting every opportunity they get with just an expensive ad

they could take advantage of that opportunity to show more of their world and flesh out their characters and instead it's random fight at nondescript forest for the new dawn video or random fight on nondescript canyon in this kled thing

the bard video was a lot better even if it still was pretty stupid (ok bard is an asshole that just stole some random villagers' magic stone and left them to be slaughtered?), at least it showed something of the world

or best of all, the jinx video, which showed piltover from many different angles and many different lights and you know was actually a shit ton of fun with a catchy tune and a fun character at the center. even if there's no big lore there you get to see the world a little more

here it's kind of funny but ultimately we get nothing about the world and kled is just not very fun in this video

i watched it again and idk after watching the video content blizzard puts out for overwatch this just feels kind of asinine

and that's both praise to blizz and shame to rito, the story in overwatch is pretty trite/cliche/whatever as well but hey they make it fun so who cares, that's all i want out of these games

NoOneCaresBro

Anything "neat" about it? still adobe air?
neat stuff i recall:
- rearranging rune and mastery pages
- drag and drop friends to invite them to ur premade
- being able to change modes and all ur premade gets reinvited
- fancy gfx

i think there's more but can't remember

no adobe air

????

zkylon

zkylewd
it's funny how they talk about this stuff in the latest ask rito: http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/community/q/ask-riot-how-weve-made-events-out-ranked-3s

they basically say that the bilgewater event (arguably the best story thing in league) was too complicated and they're not gonna do it again. they use bilgewater 2, targon and shurima 2 as "good" examples of the new way of delivering story, which is pretty disappointing since all three were just text dumps. bilgewater 2 was really good but shurima 2 was really lame in comparison to shurima 1 and i sort of like new targon but nothing about it was particularly memorable

they say there's something big for the end of the year, i hope it's something with actual story and character interacting with each other. and pictures ffs

but considering how good the bilgewater event was, hearing that's all we're gonna get is really disappointing

She's been a support pick for like 4 years

You deal a hilarious amount of damage without damage items and you have extreme zone control and disengage potential.

If you can afford to grab one damage item you literally melt teams.

It clearly "works". Feel like most mid lane mages can make it happen down there. I just have no clue how it became a thing.

As for Kled, been thinking about their kit ...
Here's my guess at Kled's kit

1- I think there will be a mount/ dismount duel skill set thing. On Skarl I think he will be tanky, mobile, faster but also melee (use the spear). Off of Skaarl I think he will be ranged with lower def. I think this because Skarl has been shown with arrows sticking inside her and bouncing off her (Or him? Says her on the bench ..) and the only time Kled used his spear was to attack from high up on his mount.

2- I think throwing a bomb and shooting it will be apart of his unmounted kit.

3- Feel like the posters also hinted at his Ult and not just Kled's desire to find her. Like at rank 1 Skarl is small and runs away easy. At 2 she's bigger and more confident. Still hangs around bushes maybe? At 3 she's even bigger and is a tanky BEAST.

4- Think the ult might be like Sion where Skarl runs into a direction and is unstoppable. But unlike Sion I think she simply runs over/ through people damaging them and CCing them (Maybe Grounded+slows? Stuns/ knock ups? Blinds cause of the helmet clawing? Taunting so Kled can peel for the team?!?!)

5- Feel like, on top of Skarl, there will be a pounce like jump that allows you to jump over walls.

Having a hard time trying to figure out how the mount/ dismount would work without it being his R ... cause for some reason I feel like he has a dashing move. Maybe in the passives? Like you can run into the bush she's in to mount her and one of your skills ontop of her sends her to a bush?

clemenx

Banned
Why is Noctune so gated by everything? Laughably low mana pool, Ultimate CD is like 3 hours at all levels and the range before level 3 is really small. Any horror stories from a time when he was strong? He feels fun but feels like he's Olaf'd unless a really crazy snowball early game.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Why is Noctune so gated by everything? Laughably low mana pool, Ultimate CD is like 3 hours at all levels and the range before level 3 is really small. Any horror stories from a time when he was strong? He feels fun but feels like he's Olaf'd unless a really crazy snowball early game.

I could tell you the tales and days when Nocturne where feared but alas not even the elders know.

Someone picked nocturne on the enemy team lol

I only see nocturnes dive into their death and live enough to be a machinegun of melees and just that

zkylon

zkylewd
Riot back with the hamfisted approach to dealing with lane swaps by yet again unintuitively making one turret weaker in the early game.

Weirdly, I think if Riot wants to encourage fighting then they should buff TP. The more globals pro teams have, the more they fight

If you have many globals, you have more freedom to take risks to make plays without losing minion waves. Double TP encourages fighting.

I would also create “warp points” outside of Baron and Dragon that reduce TP CD when you use it on them to encourage teams to fight there.

I hope you like poke comps at Worlds. TP nerfs so it's harder to flank combined with the anti-laneswap changes makes me think siege is king

monte thoughts on the turret changes

i feel like he has a point, idk

It clearly "works". Feel like most mid lane mages can make it happen down there. I just have no clue how it became a thing.
no?

zyra works because she has really high base damages and pretty decent abilities for 2v2

someone like syndra or ahri are really good in 1v1 but you jam a couple people on their lane and it's trouble

clemenx

Banned
From watching a lot of pro games this split I actually I don't mind laneswaps. Imo, they haven't been the "to-go" strategy. They're an option and that's good. Overall I think this split has been a lot of fun, even with the boring mid lane in general so it speaks good about the game.

The main issue I have with games at the moment is extreme waveclear and I think it flat out should not exist in early-midgame. It's why Viktor, Azir, Sivir, Malz, etc. are kings. They can waveclear ranged and melee minions with only 1 major item and 1 spell rotation I think the point of the game they reach such levels of waveclear is probably too early. Less waveclear across the board would probbly help bring back assassins as well which I think are really missed and would be great to have even as an option.

I say this as someone who watches lots of games from every region as a spectator and I don't really bother analyzing stuff most of the time. I truly have fun watching the game.

Newt

Recently I've been getting a lot of those report feedback things, and I'm actually shocked how I haven't been banned yet.

jerd

It clearly "works". Feel like most mid lane mages can make it happen down there. I just have no clue how it became a thing

Absolutely no way. Zyra has bases and cc that keeps her relevant without items and she's a monster 2v1 lane bully. I'd take an 0/3 support zyra over a 3/0 support lux any day. The damage zyra can put out with her full combo on nothing but pen boots is silly.

Top Bottom