• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Calvero

Banned
1314d99082d7af95c1319533865c8985d78e7e3ac1f7875f79e7a48d1d491ffd_1.gif

wtf is that please no fuuuuuuucking shit breakfasts

I'll never understand how to get an S.

I was 11/1/8 with Ekko, put wards up everytime, got doubles/triples, pinged

Yet I got an A... I need just one more S! :'(

monte thoughts on the turret changes

i feel like he has a point, idk
Fuck no, TP just makes the game even more passive early. Sure, TP is a cool spell mid and late because it allows for some really cool flanks and rotations but early on it makes aggression pointless unless bot lane pushes a little in which case RIP you're about to get 5 manned and lose your tower anyways. Double TP encourages never pushing any side lane ever.

Riot needs to give people an incentive to fight over shit, pro teams obviously don't give a shit about things other than turrets early on so it's time to direclty hit the stupid trading of turrets.

Leezard

Fuck no, TP just makes the game even more passive early. Sure, TP is a cool spell mid and late because it allows for some really cool flanks and rotations but early on it makes aggression pointless unless bot lane pushes a little in which case RIP you're about to get 5 manned and lose your tower anyways. Double TP encourages never pushing any side lane ever.

Riot needs to give people an incentive to fight over shit, pro teams obviously don't give a shit about things other than turrets early on so it's time to direclty hit the stupid trading of turrets.
Yeah, I hate that the best move is most often to play passive and farm since aggression is most likely punished by jungle + TP. Bot lane is outplaying the other bot lane? Time for 4 man ganks all day.

I feel HotS solved that problem, in regards to havijg objectives that tend to be more important than turrets as well as increasing teams clashing with each other over those objectives.

Nekofrog

Banned
Riots complete bungling of its merchandise is bizarre. You'd think the good manufacturers would be falling over themselves to make league stuff, instead we get those horrible quality dinky figures with awful paint jobs

zkylon

zkylewd
ahri nendo goes for like $200 on ebay, and the chinese bootlegs are just not the same -___-

Riots complete bungling of its merchandise is bizarre. You'd think the good manufacturers would be falling over themselves to make league stuff, instead we get those horrible quality dinky figures with awful paint jobs
and they're not really cheap either

and the ones that actually looked like someone you'd wanna buy like chinese new year jinx and championship thresh were also limited time only

and they closed their latin american store

so yea, fuck you rito

Once upon a time there was an Ahri nendoroid that had a limited supply and only given/sold to few people. It's the holy grail of league waifu figures.

So people are mad that Valve has their own Nendroids? Yeah...like I mentioned before Im sure companies are begging Riot for a license to manufacture toys..but Riot has League close to their chest

Quonny

So people are mad that Valve has their own Nendroids? Yeah...like I mentioned before Im sure companies are begging Riot for a license to manufacture toys..but Riot has League close to their chest

People are mad because Valve is licensing out their characters to companies with experience and quality while Riot is making their own shitty figures that are about the same price and not even close to the quality that these figures are.

But there is a Figma Yasuo, so there's that.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's just riot wanting to do EVERYTHING

it's kind of like the ogn thing, except ogn vs lcs is not nearly as big of a quality jump as nendos vs riot figures

definitely kudos to valve here for letting the pros do the job, tho that's kind of valve's m.o. for everything

they're both dumb companies that can't find a reasonable middle ground and must be really thick headed about how to best deliver their shit

People are mad because Valve is licensing out their characters to companies with experience and quality while Riot is making their own shitty figures that are about the same price and not even close to the quality that these figures are.

But there is a Figma Yasuo, so there's that.

it's just riot wanting to do EVERYTHING

it's kind of like the ogn thing, except ogn vs lcs is not nearly as big of a quality jump as nendos vs riot figures

Its a different philosophy, for sure. While Valve is content licensing out their products, Riot wants to control their IP.

You can argue that Riot wants to make money, but you have to imagine how much money theyve poured into R&D involving the products they make. Likewise, Valve has very little risk in licensing out their product and letting another company do all producing.

Different philosophies.

zkylon

zkylewd
if they were greedy they'd do the valve approach, do none of the work and reap all the benefits

riot it's a company and like any company they're out to make money, that's gonna be true for every single company you ever see

but like breezy says it's a philosophies thing

drawkcaB

They want every single cent of revenue available for an inferior product.

Know what, you're right. It's not greed. It's stupidity. It's Riot being dumb as bricks.

clemenx

Banned
Accusing a company of greedy is the stupidest thing ever. Newsflash: They're all are.

If anything, wanting to do absolutely everything in house and not licensing stuff to outside companies is the opposite of greedy in the short term. Of course that if they achieve ultimate domination of their market then it's better in the long run. I personally like Riot not going all "Oh shit we're the biggest game out there, need to cash out NOW" and going for a long term approach for everything.

t's like you guys are ignoring some of the recent announcements :/ when we started merch it was good to do it in-house to control quality, supply chains, availability etc.

Now that we're more experienced we're starting to offer other options (Funko Pops, Yasuo figma by GSC)

Just because something's not available right this second doesn't mean it's not going to happen ever. I don't know if we will do Nendos or not again, but we are doing the Yasuo figma with GSC so who knows?

The vitriol is really weird...

Know what, you're right. It's not greed. It's stupidity. It's Riot being dumb as bricks.

Again, you have no idea how much money has to be poured into developing a figure in-house compared to licensing it out. Hint: Its alot of money. Like I mentioned, they could license it out, but theyre taking the risk of doing it themselves. And that means spending money on prototypes, creating a distribution chain, etc.

Again, you have no idea how much money has to be poured into developing a figure in-house compared to licensing it out. Hint: Its alot of money. Like I mentioned, they could license it out, but theyre taking the risk of doing it themselves. And that means spending money on prototypes, creating a distribution chain, etc.

yep. merch is incredibly expensive for us.

Why is my first train of though reading that post about Rengar x Kha yaoi fanfiction

You know what League needs?
More fucking comics. Give me more expansive backstories like the Ekko, Poppy and Taric pieces.

Kalentan

Got into Silver I... then proceeded to go on a six losing streak where everything bad that could happen, happened. Then got demoted. I think I may just abandon my hope of getting into Gold this season...

Nekofrog

Banned
I don't get the explanation of doing then in house for quality control when the quality was pretty much horrendous on almost all of the figures. Even the promo shots couldn't hide it.

zkylon

zkylewd

the way i always thought tp would be balanced is a scaling cooldown, it's longer early game to make kills and chunks matter more and to make tp less of a problem for bot lane during laning phase

eventually it'd scale back to numbers where tp plays are an integral part of the strategy of the game but that'd be way past laning phase and back to where it's fun/interesting

not sure if that would solve anything but that's the way i always thought they'd nerf it

i feel like the riskier you make the game the less risks pros will take so i think there's some truth to what monte says tho i feel like these changes are necessary since pro play right now is really boring for half the game and even worse it's often the deciding half

and buffing tp is a bad idea because it ruins regular play for everybody

it really is a difficult problem that i don't really see a clear cut solution to

i think u need to take a step back because you're talking in a very heated and silly way

t's like you guys are ignoring some of the recent announcements :/ when we started merch it was good to do it in-house to control quality, supply chains, availability etc.

Now that we're more experienced we're starting to offer other options (Funko Pops, Yasuo figma by GSC)

Just because something's not available right this second doesn't mean it's not going to happen ever. I don't know if we will do Nendos or not again, but we are doing the Yasuo figma with GSC so who knows?

it's not really vitriol, it's frustration

- the ahri nendo is like 2 years old and was insanely limited so all the ppl that got em were resellers that have them on ebay for 200 bucks. it's an awesome thing that's already done, why is printing a reasonable amount something unthinkable
- rito figures have been subpar in design and quality to say the least, and pretty expensive too
- you can't buy the good rito figures anymore, like firecracker jinx or championship thresh.
- it's very disappointing to get freaking funko pops when doto gets nendos, what can i say. i get it that some people are weirdos that like funko pops but cmon
- south america had a store, even if it was only chile and mexico, and now we don't even have that, so if i wanna buy something i need a friend that's visiting america or get it through some shady ebay dude at a higher price
- the yasuo figma is alright but feels like too little too late
- whatever happened to the ahri statue with the bad face?

it's not been great, and idk why it took years of r&d to figure out that you should outsource everything lol

Why is my first train of though reading that post about Rengar x Kha yaoi fanfiction

You know what League needs?
More fucking comics. Give me more expansive backstories like the Ekko, Poppy and Taric pieces.
yup, reading the overwatch comics has been a pretty enjoyable way to digest the ow champions' stories and also get to know the universe better

even something like a very simple fake animation video like the ana story trailer is already a lot more compelling than the walls of exposition rito does

i really don't get them...

please give my my yasuo + taliyah anime
any anime i'll take

Wednesday/Thursday is more likely
why?

6.15 is probably be up on tuesday night so i'm guessing they'll match kled announcement with it since they tend to do things like that

Quonny

This reasoning is weird. GSC would make great League Nendos. There is no worry there. A company like Alter would make amazing statues. No worry there. There's nothing to that needs controlling because these companies have been around for 10+ years doing one specific job. They know about demand. They know about supply chains. They know all this stuff.

Riot's figures are shit outside of the super limited ones. I'm sorry, they just are. The only decent ones are the super limited ones for reasons completely unknown. Ahri Nendo, Firecracker Jinx, and Championship Thresh.

Like Zky said. It's not vitriol, it's frustration. I just don't get it. But I know figures are such a small part of Riot's business, so meh. I will be buying those two Dota 2 Nendos. I probably won't buy any more League figures unless things turn around.

Calvero

Banned
I just played an ARAM where the enemy team was a Jinx, Tristana, Jhin, Sivir, and Lulu. One of my teammates gave me Twitch because I cannot play Azir for shit. That game was so easy, I just went a full Armor Pen. build. Ghostblade + Duskblade + Maw of Malmortius + Serrated Dirk and the Runaan's. It was glorious.

zkylon

zkylewd
built from scratch

fancy new functionality and sexy new looks

like an ahri nendo to the ashe funko pop that is the current client

Quonny

I do like the new client quite a bit. Only issue is that it's really small on 1440p+ monitors. Like the countdown clock and stuff is hard to see.

But it's really slick. It has a cohesiveness the current client doesn't have.

Top Bottom