• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Woulda liked a win today but I think Imma call it a night. Only played one game today ... my Illaoi did fan-fuckin-tastic in shitting on the FoTM Irelia top but the team was feeding right outta the gate.

IDK how an Ekko gives first blood to a Syndra before half of the first minion wave is even farmed.

And again ... the secret strength of Illaoi also works against her (People don't understand how she works). In that our JG somehow got in his head that he, an AA based champ, should 1v1 a Jax at low level over his blue. And some how him having a ward and pinging for help was gonna make me, a level 3 Illaoi, stop everything and TP or walk outta lane to help him. He spends the whole game trying to bitch at me as I get kills and doubles in my lane lol ... I saw how the game was going and just tried to teach him some shit about not placing blame on others and thinking about how champs work before doing stupid shit in the future.

Gotta love kids ... -_-

2nd game I dodged cause the enemy team all had hard CC and one of them wanted to counter pick my Illaoi with a Cait. (Not just any ADC, one of the ones with the longest range and CC). IDK how that match woulda gone but I didn't feel like being bothered with it.

More reason for me to learn some bullshit champ like GP or something strong around the map like Hec if his nerfs aren't too big. Something that can be played top and have pressure map wide. That's what I want before playing ranked again.

In fact, I might practice GP in customs tonight.

Nev

Banned
I always think it's a goat man tbh. The problem is that if you're not playing them, they rarely speak together, so you just think the champion is only the goat thing and the other thing is some passive particle.

The goat doesn't look remotely female though and it has the voice of a teen elf.

it's not really vitriol, it's frustration

- the ahri nendo is like 2 years old and was insanely limited so all the ppl that got em were resellers that have them on ebay for 200 bucks. it's an awesome thing that's already done, why is printing a reasonable amount something unthinkable
- rito figures have been subpar in design and quality to say the least, and pretty expensive too
- you can't buy the good rito figures anymore, like firecracker jinx or championship thresh.
- it's very disappointing to get freaking funko pops when doto gets nendos, what can i say. i get it that some people are weirdos that like funko pops but cmon
- south america had a store, even if it was only chile and mexico, and now we don't even have that, so if i wanna buy something i need a friend that's visiting america or get it through some shady ebay dude at a higher price
- the yasuo figma is alright but feels like too little too late
- whatever happened to the ahri statue with the bad face?

it's not been great, and idk why it took years of r&d to figure out that you should outsource everything lol

This reasoning is weird. GSC would make great League Nendos. There is no worry there. A company like Alter would make amazing statues. No worry there. There's nothing to that needs controlling because these companies have been around for 10+ years doing one specific job. They know about demand. They know about supply chains. They know all this stuff.

Riot's figures are shit outside of the super limited ones. I'm sorry, they just are. The only decent ones are the super limited ones for reasons completely unknown. Ahri Nendo, Firecracker Jinx, and Championship Thresh.

Like Zky said. It's not vitriol, it's frustration. I just don't get it. But I know figures are such a small part of Riot's business, so meh. I will be buying those two Dota 2 Nendos. I probably won't buy any more League figures unless things turn around.

The vitriol comment was more directed at drawkcaB.

When referring to quality control, I mean quality of the physical product. Our designs initially were poor (I will never buy that Jinx figure) but the benefit of running it yourself before you start outsourcing is that you build a trusted store (i.e. all our official stuff is sold through the Riot merch store and at live events, so you know exactly where to get everything officially and why we give cards of authenticity with all our figures) as well as having the ability to just not release something if players don't think it's up to standards (Ahri figure). Also you have a direct support line. If someone gets something faulty Riot can support 100% and can rectify any supply line issues etc.

In terms of the availability of figures, the ones you mentioned were of the series 2 line which will be the standard going forward afaik, not just for limited editions. I've seen the next two coming already.

For the Ahri Nendo, unless I'm mistaken the concept of initial runs and limited edition Nendos is the norm? I can't get one and it sucks but it was a limited run for the 2014 World Championship final in Korea. I don't know if it'll ever come back, but it's cool that people who went to that final and filled that stadium to watch League could get something unique and memorable there. As someone who likes limited stuff when I have it and hates it when I don't, I share the frustration.

Funko Pops are popular as fuck and it's a start for us at retail, like getting League merch into Gamestop etc.

What does "the yasuo figma is alright but feels like too little too late" even mean? How can it be too late lol? It's not like we released other Yasuo figures and now this looks crap in comparison or something :/ Such a weird comment.

Not sure if the Ahri statue was cancelled outright but the version we had won't be releasing because people didn't like the face (a benefit of running it ourselves, it's easy to just pull the plug if people don't like it).

As for the LatAm merch store, not sure the reasoning behind its closure but I'm guessing it wasn't worthwhile to keep open? I can try to confirm that for you but I'm 70% sure that's the reason. It costs money to run a store and have distribution centres that serve a region, and if it's not working out it's probably too expensive to run.

Basically I hear you guys and I'll ask the questions but we're new to merch, there are very real reasons why starting in-house is good (I haven't even mentioned things like IP protection etc.), we are branching out of just going in-house now that we are more experienced and just because we make our own stuff doesn't exclude other options in the future. If you want Nendos, post in the new figures announcements coming up that you want them. I can give your feedback to the team but I'm also a writer in Riot Dublin, your feedback is best delivered to the merch team themselves when we announce stuff.

TheOddOne

Kindrid nerf feels bad man, I don't even play her (them?) anymore.

naam6loos18l7o.png

S-, feels good man.

Promoted to bronze 1 got a power outage the next match, i wish riot gave you like 15 lp after you promote to not instant fell to tour previous división then play 4 matches again for bronze 1

Leezard

Best part is the guy actually called it his "ff build"

2jbkxHC.png

"Tried ff build but"

then he didn't follow it up with anything later.

I'm guessing it means forfeit build.

zkylon

zkylewd
I hope not its exhausting

Unless they actually feel like 2 characters then it would be ok
i'm guessing it won't be a they since they refer to the new champ by the rider's name

but idk i think it's funny

The vitriol comment was more directed at drawkcaB.

When referring to quality control, I mean quality of the physical product. Our designs initially were poor (I will never buy that Jinx figure) but the benefit of running it yourself before you start outsourcing is that you build a trusted store (i.e. all our official stuff is sold through the Riot merch store and at live events, so you know exactly where to get everything officially and why we give cards of authenticity with all our figures) as well as having the ability to just not release something if players don't think it's up to standards (Ahri figure). Also you have a direct support line. If someone gets something faulty Riot can support 100% and can rectify any supply line issues etc.

In terms of the availability of figures, the ones you mentioned were of the series 2 line which will be the standard going forward afaik, not just for limited editions. I've seen the next two coming already.

For the Ahri Nendo, unless I'm mistaken the concept of initial runs and limited edition Nendos is the norm? I can't get one and it sucks but it was a limited run for the 2014 World Championship final in Korea. I don't know if it'll ever come back, but it's cool that people who went to that final and filled that stadium to watch League could get something unique and memorable there. As someone who likes limited stuff when I have it and hates it when I don't, I share the frustration.

Funko Pops are popular as fuck and it's a start for us at retail, like getting League merch into Gamestop etc.

What does "the yasuo figma is alright but feels like too little too late" even mean? How can it be too late lol? It's not like we released other Yasuo figures and now this looks crap in comparison or something :/ Such a weird comment.

Not sure if the Ahri statue was cancelled outright but the version we had won't be releasing because people didn't like the face (a benefit of running it ourselves, it's easy to just pull the plug if people don't like it).

As for the LatAm merch store, not sure the reasoning behind its closure but I'm guessing it wasn't worthwhile to keep open? I can try to confirm that for you but I'm 70% sure that's the reason. It costs money to run a store and have distribution centres that serve a region, and if it's not working out it's probably too expensive to run.

Basically I hear you guys and I'll ask the questions but we're new to merch, there are very real reasons why starting in-house is good (I haven't even mentioned things like IP protection etc.), we are branching out of just going in-house now that we are more experienced and just because we make our own stuff doesn't exclude other options in the future. If you want Nendos, post in the new figures announcements coming up that you want them. I can give your feedback to the team but I'm also a writer in Riot Dublin, your feedback is best delivered to the merch team themselves when we announce stuff.
thanks for the replies costy, honestly drawkak is a cool dude that is being very unlike himself lately about league, so don't take his comments as representative of the rest.

- i actually really hope to see more of series 2 figures cos that jinx one is really really good looking and i was kind of hoping to get one specially if they did one for one of my champions. it was just disappointing that all the series 2 were limited editions
- nendos are limited but so were legacy skins and i think rito agrees that limited stuff is really really dumb. there are reprints for nendos, say toon link got a reprint not long ago and he's available for fairly cheap now.
- the thing i meant by yasuo is that like it's been years since rito opened merch shop until they did like an outsourced thing and it's only one and for yasuo of all champions. it's not bad that's yasuo since he's a popular champion but eh, doto got two and one of em is windranger. i'm jelly ok!
- i think the ahri figure would've been cool if they just fixed the face, not sure why they needed to cancel it. i personally wouldn't have bought it since i like it better when you can actually play with them toys but u know, i think it was mostly good looking, except for the creepy fingers and the husk of a face lol
- duno about the south america thing, i understand not setting up a store in my country cos argieland is a mess for import stuff but brazil or mexico are pretty freaking big (bigger than singapore and romania at least lol) so idk.

also like always i can't post on rito forums cos region locks so :T

zkylon

zkylewd
I think there was a Sona figure . not sure if that figure was official by riot
pretty sure not

i was thinking which champion besides ahri would do a good nendo

cos you need one with a good range of expressions and accessories

jinx is an obvious case, everyone loves jinx, she got lots of guns to equip on her and she could have like a lip bite face and like a crazy face and stuff

i think thresh would be nice too, he has the lantern and the hook and maybe some ghosts and thresh is just cool and everyone loves him too

or poppy since she's cute and stuff

lux i'd like if she has like a maniacally laughing face and she can grab her head like when she /laughs in game

maybe like an azir that comes with a sundisk and friendly soldiers

faridmon

Holy shit.

Soraka is just broken with the new item buffs.

I Have like 70% win rate with no sweat being broken. The only once I lost is where mid and top fed like crazy.

pretty sure not

i was thinking which champion besides ahri would do a good nendo

cos you need one with a good range of expressions and accessories

jinx is an obvious case, everyone loves jinx, she got lots of guns to equip on her and she could have like a lip bite face and like a crazy face and stuff

i think thresh would be nice too, he has the lantern and the hook and maybe some ghosts and thresh is just cool and everyone loves him too

or poppy since she's cute and stuff

lux i'd like if she has like a maniacally laughing face and she can grab her head like when she /laughs in game

maybe like an azir that comes with a sundisk and friendly soldiers

I thought this was official

I think Ahri and maybe annie would be perfect in nendo form, jinx is a little too crazy and require alot of accesories

zkylon

zkylewd
our favorite theories with my friends are

- small healthbar for kled, big healthbar for skaarl, kled receives a % of dmg while skaarl receives 100%. when skaarl dies kled receives 100%. skaarl revives after a long-ish cooldown
- champion has like momentum and can't free turn like other champions
- kled is a stance switcher champion. he has his ult at lvl 1 that lets him hop off skaarl and send him somewhere sort of like kalista ghosts. while unmounted kled uses his gun, when mounted he's melee

but maybe he'll have a 3 hit passive like everyone else :p

Leezard

Back in the day we were meme'ing about bruisers with gapclosers. The days of Irelia, Jarvan, Wukong, Renekton, Xin'Zhao and more.

zkylon

zkylewd
seems like patch is coming early this week and it's gonna be tomorrow night

i wonder if they'll shift patch dates, probably better if it gives them tuesday to friday to work on urgent hotfixes and stuff vs wednesday to friday, idk

Leezard

seems like patch is coming early this week and it's gonna be tomorrow night

i wonder if they'll shift patch dates, probably better if it gives them tuesday to friday to work on urgent hotfixes and stuff vs wednesday to friday, idk

Oh that's true, seems like we get the patch tomorrow night. We should see the Kled reveal tomorrow evening, then.

Kalentan

So... I got back into Silver I... but the game I just played to do so... We... we shouldn't have won! We shouldn't have! It was... Their quinn at one point was 14/0, our Jinx was like 1/20 at a point. They had 3 mountain drakes, baron, AND elder dragon. All our inhibs were down and we only had 2 towers, mid and top...

Yet by some godly miracle... As Garen I transcended the mortal plain and became a immortal god, Fizz started to destroy all the squishies in a blink of an eye, and Jax started to go to town... It was a long ass match, but we managed to win one last teamfight and then pushed for victory.

jerd

our favorite theories with my friends are

- small healthbar for kled, big healthbar for skaarl, kled receives a % of dmg while skaarl receives 100%. when skaarl dies kled receives 100%. skaarl revives after a long-ish cooldown
- champion has like momentum and can't free turn like other champions
- kled is a stance switcher champion. he has his ult at lvl 1 that lets him hop off skaarl and send him somewhere sort of like kalista ghosts. while unmounted kled uses his gun, when mounted he's melee

but maybe he'll have a 3 hit passive like everyone else :p

This sounds lovely

drawkcaB

I don't get the explanation of doing then in house for quality control when the quality was pretty much horrendous on almost all of the figures. Even the promo shots couldn't hide it.

Bang. There's companies out there with years if not decades of making toys. They have procedures and expertise Riot just can't match in any reasonable time frame, never mind that there was nothing in Riot's body of work that could translate to that sort of industry.

A car company has a better idea of how to make a good tire than Riot does of making a good toy and yet none of them would touch tire design with a 20 foot pole.

I don't buy the rational that it's to ensure quality or responsiveness to customers, or whatever. Again, those specialized toy makers have that all figured out. I'm left with the only rational reason being that Riot thought they could make a product approaching that desired quality while pocketing the difference.

Top Bottom