• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

faridmon

That Kled character is a bit underwhelming. That mount has no reason to exist at all.

Looking forward to his re-work in 10 years.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, he has two health bars and a few different abilities when skaald dies (also i think his e and r are probably not available without skaald?)

what kind of "reason to exist" were u expecting?

I feel like his Passive allows him to have some good power places into certain skills at the cost of him not being as good without Skarl.

It's like Gnar with Mega ... without Mega he can only do soo much. He can do stuff, but Mega is important AF.

"Holy sh**, where are we!?! Guess we'll have to kill our way out!"

"My blood is piss and vinegar!"

"Slow down so I can kill something!"

"Shhh! It's time to get violent....and weird..."

"What do you think? Tacos? Yeah, Tacosssss"

"Will you stop bitching for one minute!?"

"I am deep fried courage and and an apple pie of angry!!!!"

I love this new champion.

Tizoc

Kled is gonna get a Mario+Yoshi skin isn't he?

EDIT: What in the shit
Elise_Splash_4.jpg

jerd

i mean, he has two health bars and a few different abilities when skaald dies (also i think his e and r are probably not available without skaald?)

Yeah his e and R are gated by his mount. Knock him off his mount and he loses half his kit. I have no idea why people keep saying "no reason to exist"

Feels like something people said about kindred and just assumed it applies here too

does he really say bitching

oh man

Mexico confirmed?

Maybe he is just Pancho Cilla a hunts noxians in texas or near the border between noxus and "pexico".

His dragon mount looks like those reptiles found in arizona

faridmon

They could have applied that health bar in a very different and even more appropriate way (Champ on a steroid, or a tanky champs with no tanky features, etc....) without resorting to have a mount that doesn't amount to anything. In fact he gates most of the abilities and becomes more of a hindrance than a helpful passive.

The fact that there is two character on screen and there is no interactive cool gameplay feature that leads to interesting play mechanism is borderline criminal. This just feels like it was designed lazily and hastily.

no you see

Kled should be able to command Skaarl with a specialized key

He can make him attack different targets or fall back

One of his abilities should focus on healing his pet

He should also be able to use Skaarl to stun

In fact just copy Rexxars kit

That bonus health is going to get nerfed.
It sounds kinda weird, actually. In the reveal it says any bonus health also applies to his mount but on the PBE his passive says
Mounted: Skaarl takes damage instead of Kled. When Skaarl's health depletes. Kled dismounts. Bonus health applies to Skaarl only.

Not sure what the math will look like here at the end of the day but I don't think it'll be too crazy.

From what I can tell ALL his bonus HP from Items and runes and such goes to Skarl. When Skarl leaves he has his base HP and any base growth and that's it, he doesn't benefit from bonus HP without Skarl.

Also, when he Life Steals it goes to Skarl first if he's mounted on him. So say you're fighting someone and loss Skarl ... you take a beatin but get her back with Courage and keep fighting. All your Life steal will go towards her HP bar before it spills over into Kled's green bar after she's full.

He seems very much built/ designed around wanting to keep Skarl alive and well.

Anyway, I think a good build for him would be BC (CDR and HP), DD or BT (LS and that passive to help Skarl) and tanky stuff. Also thinking Sterak's Gage ... asked the dev about it and he said you'd have to invest into some HP for the passive to proc WITH Skarl so I hope some one test that out.

"plumber" kled skin please

mario + yoshi

it makes so much sense

plz rito
Could see that being a legendary Skin with new VO lines and the works.

They already have a great excuse for it ... he sounds red-neck AF so "Red-neck plumber" makes sense.

I'm guessing they're gonna do a western themed one like Jhin and yas though :/

zkylon

zkylewd
oh i forgot to tell dream visions last night

wtf barrier on taliyah

tp every game. exhaust might be a good idea as well as ignite in some matchups

tho really, go tp

she's amazing with tp

Yeah his e and R are gated by his mount. Knock him off his mount and he loses half his kit. I have no idea why people keep saying "no reason to exist"

Feels like something people said about kindred and just assumed it applies here too
definitely

this guy looks really fun and while i have some concerns about his kit being a bit too overlapping with other champions i think the mount gimmick is pretty fun and well done

his scaling is also all bonus ad which is interesting, seems like building him tank will not be a great idea so he'll end up being an illaoi type champion

we'll see, i like him initially, he's cool

also i like chocobos

They could have applied that health bar in a very different and even more appropriate way (Champ on a steroid, or a tanky champs with no tanky features, etc....) without resorting to have a mount that doesn't amount to anything. In fact he gates most of the abilities and becomes more of a hindrance than a helpful passive.

The fact that there is two character on screen and there is no interactive cool gameplay feature that leads to interesting play mechanism is borderline criminal. This just feels like it was designed lazily and hastily.
?

he is a (sort of) tanky champ with no barely no tanky abilities, his passive gives him a lot of free hp while his kit pushes him to build ad since he has mostly bonus ad scaling

he has different abilities mounted and unmounted, he has two health bars, he has a risk reward element to him based on how he manages those health bars and he's got really fun thematic hooks since his mount is based on charging forward and attacking despite being a cowardly beast and the rider is a loud mouthed dude that's all about fight but then has abilities that distance himself from it

if anything he's really great and the best example of two champs in one in the game

and they're not calling him a them

i really have no freaking idea what else do you want

It sounds kinda weird, actually. In the reveal it says any bonus health also applies to his mount but on the PBE his passive says

Not sure what the math will look like here at the end of the day but I don't think it'll be too crazy.
yeah i'm a bit confused, i also thought the bonus health would only apply to skaarl and that'd be a lot more interesting. duno how balanceable that is cos then you'd have a really weird situation of "ok i'll just build resistances instead of hp" and that's just weird too

zkylon

zkylewd
https://twitter.com/lolesports/status/757666743896584192

i was pretty sure that there was gonna be something in the recall animations but couldn't watch it at work

rito really delivered with these new skt skins, they gave the pros awesome little treats by letting them design their own recalls, they made the skins look really good quality and really different than 2013 skt skins, they added the roll to faker's, they did easyhoon (btw those fan soldiers look absolutely dumb, i love it), they did kalista and the splash looks awesome

honestly it's all u could ask for, that's the awesome humble side of riot that we all love, even if you don't particularly love the skins (after all they're very ESPORTS looking with the workout pants and shit) you gotta praise riot for listening and getting it all right

drawkcaB

this guy looks really fun and while i have some concerns about his kit being a bit too overlapping with other champions i think the mount gimmick is pretty fun and well done

The nice thing is that his ultimate actually meshes super well with almost all Noxian champions. Pretty much all them benefit from being able to close in super fast on the enemy.

That said, I lost interest in the champion after trying to clear the jungle with him. Fucking awful.

Calvero

Banned
The nice thing is that his ultimate actually meshes super well with almost all Noxian champions. Pretty much all them benefit from being able to close in super fast on the enemy.

That said, I lost interest in the champion after trying to clear the jungle with him. Fucking awful.

?? it's not like he's meant to jungle??

zkylon

zkylewd

honestly i'd say his ultimate seems to mesh super well with any champion

if anything this season has all been about movespeed buff stacking being really dominant

but yea i'm given the impression he's supposed to be played top, or maybe even mid as an assassin type

frontovik

Banned
Is it correct that the Headmistress Fiora skin is only available during Halloween?

Does that apply to all previous Seasonal Skins as well? (Summer, Winter) for champions.

Tizoc

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh wat
Bonus health only adds to Skaarl's HP, meaning Kled essentially only has base health + health growth when not mounted.
Damn talk about squishy o_O

Also his W has such long cooldown early on, perhaps this is the move players will upgrade first?

Top Bottom