• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Oh cool, prize pool shitposts. Having players getting pros paid isn't gonna make matches more exciting or the stakes higher, no one is going to play less hard because you're winning a million dollars instead of eight, it's a fucking million dollars.

But sure, shame on Riot for actually paying for prize pools out of their money instead of having people do their job for them, greedy iron fist hardeehar.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Oh cool, prize pool shitposts. Having players getting pros paid isn't gonna make matches more exciting or the stakes higher, no one is going to play less hard because you're winning a million dollars instead of eight, it's a fucking million dollars.

But sure, shame on Riot for actually paying for prize pools out of their money instead of having people do their job for them, greedy iron fist hardeehar.

Where do you think Riot gets their money?

Quonny

They're just different philosophies.

Valve is more hands-off and community driven (for better or for worse) and Riot is more hands-on and controlling (for better or for worse).

Riot won't dare implement a compendium now because the general consensus is that the population has plateaued. It would look awful if the prize pools decreased from year to year. Shame, too, because I quite like the idea of a compendium.

clemenx

Banned
I don't get the obsession with prizepools. It's as if some people were competing themselves and hope to win that money, I coulnd't imagine something that matters less in my enjoyment of watching the game.

One thing that it is flat out wrong though, is simply looking at the prize pool and call Riot cheap. Sure, let's ignore that they keep year round leagues in 2 continents, taking all the organization and production costs plus salaries for every player and coach. Theey probably contribute heavily as well to wildcard regions and those are year round as well.

Where do you think Riot gets their money?
From the shit we normally pay for, not from a special one time thing on top of already existing microtransactions. If Riot tried to pull off a compedium I'd whine to no end precisely because of the money they make which should already have been invested back into the game they control, competitive included.

fcRRjFX.jpg

OH SNAP

NEKO VS NEWT

SOLOQ ENEMIES

where's your border

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The story of GAF pick/ban phase:
Help I have to play against all these dumb champions because I wasted my bans.

zkylon

zkylewd
They're just different philosophies.

Valve is more hands-off and community driven (for better or for worse) and Riot is more hands-on and controlling (for better or for worse).

Riot won't dare implement a compendium now because the general consensus is that the population has plateaued. It would look awful if the prize pools decreased from year to year. Shame, too, because I quite like the idea of a compendium.
no?

you literally say it in the first half of your post, it's different philosophies, riot doesn't have a compendium cos riot has a different philosophy than valve, has nothing to do with league plateaueing, which btw is something that's been said every fucking year forever for every different reasons. guess what, overwatch came and went and league is still huge

also how is valve community driven? is compendium considered a community thing?

cos like, if anything, i'd say valve is absolutely not community driven in that they're a mysterious entity that barely even interacts with their community, unless selling them shit counts.

meanwhile riot has official streams and Q&As, podcasts, community events with official fanart and cosplay contests, blog posts, active developers on twitter and reddit, etc.

i'm sure valve does SOME of that but being hands off is not the same as being community driven

I don't get the obsession with prizepools. It's as if some people were competing themselves and hope to win that money, I coulnd't imagine something that matters less in my enjoyment of watching the game.

One thing that it is flat out wrong though, is simply looking at the prize pool and call Riot cheap. Sure, let's ignore that they keep year round leagues in 2 continents, taking all the organization and production costs plus salaries for every player and coach. Theey probably contribute heavily as well to wildcard regions and those are year round as well.
i mean, compendium money is only 25% of sales for the prizepool so you bet riot spends a shit ton more than valve in this

don't get me wrong, lcs and shit are a giant ass ad for league that probably somehow turns into money somewhere down the line but yeah, prizepool is just a e-penis thing and the only people that give a shit about that are people with something to prove and league's got nothing to prove

support sucks dick rn

u either play sona or sona counters

lame af
ban her?

Wild Growth should give champions AoE damage on AA and abilities.
that'd be sweet

but maybe just give lulu her waveclear back so i can play her mid

You know how you buff Lulu

So her ult right

It makes everyone bigger than it currently does, like 50% bigger from it's current size

and whoever got ulted, their abilities have that much of a bigger hitbox, IE garens spin is that much bigger, or Veigars dark matter blows up that much bigger. And on the flip side, their hitboxes become that much bigger.

That'd be fun
That'd make Lulu into a strong pick given the right comp with abilities that can benefit from it(IE a Swain E wouldn't benefit because it's single target, but his Q and W would)

Kalentan

When your 14/1 and you lose cause your adc and mid laner keep getting caught out and do zero damage to the enemy team. It seems no matter how good I do, how well I make plays and the such- I lose. I got into Silver I again and yet now I'm almost at 0 LP in Silver II cause my MMR went to shit and I can't win any matches. Maybe one win for every 7 loses. :(

killatopak

Gold Member
When your 14/1 and you lose cause your adc and mid laner keep getting caught out and do zero damage to the enemy team. It seems no matter how good I do, how well I make plays and the such- I lose. I got into Silver I again and yet now I'm almost at 0 LP in Silver II cause my MMR went to shit and I can't win any matches. Maybe one win for every 7 loses. :(

The thing is, you can fix that. You go WITH them so when they get caught out you can fight it out especially since you're fed. Basically, what you need to do is group up. Doing so drastically lowers the enemy getting a pick on you. Best case scenario, you win the team fight or maybe get a kill for each death.

Kalentan

The thing is, you can fix that. You go WITH them so when they get caught out you can fight it out especially since you're fed. Basically, what you need to do is group up. Doing so drastically lowers the enemy getting a pick on you. Best case scenario, you win the team fight or maybe get a kill for each death.

Group up, I'm pretty sure most silver players think that is a legend. I just... I just played a match were we should have won... There was no reason we lost other than our team stupidity. It's always the ADC or midlane.

Kalentan

I just don't get it... Are people queuing up for roles they're not good at in ranked? It's just... I don't know what to do anymore. I'm always at the top of my games yet the randoms I play with (barring my one duo partner), just don't know how to play properly. They're constantly getting caught up, never know when to properly engage...

My last 4 games have been... 15/5, 15/7, 14/2, 10/5...

I'm pushing lanes, peeling for the adc/mid and still nothing and even when I should win, my team ALWAYS gets cocky and makes so many dumb mistakes. I started in Silver IV this season, down from Gold V and I got to Silver I, yet one more loss and I'm back in Silver III...

There's something about putting your all in for every match, constantly at the top of your game... and then losing every. single. time. That is far worse than feeding or just being medicore every game...

It makes me think: "It doesn't matter how good you do or how well you improve, you will always lose."

I just don't get it... Are people queuing up for roles they're not good at in ranked? It's just... I don't know what to do anymore. I'm always at the top of my games yet the randoms I play with (barring my one duo partner), just don't know how to play properly. They're constantly getting caught up, never know when to properly engage...

I'm pushing lanes, peeling for the adc/mid and still nothing and even when I should win, my team ALWAYS gets cocky and makes so many dumb mistakes. I started in Silver IV this season, down from Gold V and I got to Silver I, yet one more loss and I'm back in Silver III...

There's something about putting your all in for every match, constantly at the top of your game... and then losing every. single. time.

What champions are you playing?

Kalentan

What champions are you playing?

I've been going top Garen. Which has been working out. I do good damage and a tank a lot. I understand he's not a character that can carry but I shouldn't have to play a character who can carry a team every single game because I know my team will be that bad. I should expect my team to be of a decent level... But it's just... I don't know... I really don't.

But when there's a clear skill difference between me and my teammates, I have to ask what the fuck did I do wrong? Did somehow winning a shit ton and getting into Silver I in like... a week somehow screw me?

There's something about putting your all in for every match, constantly at the top of your game... and then losing every. single. time. That is far worse than feeding or just being medicore every game...

It makes me think: "It doesn't matter how good you do or how well you improve, you will always lose."

At a certain point

You do ranked to learn a champion. Normals just stop doing it for you.

I've been going top Garen. Which has been working out. I do good damage and a tank a lot. I understand he's not a character that can carry but I shouldn't have to play a character who can carry a team every single game because I know my team will be that bad. I should expect my team to be of a decent level... But it's just... I don't know... I really don't.

But when there's a clear skill difference between me and my teammates, I have to ask what the fuck did I do wrong? Did somehow winning a shit ton and getting into Silver I in like... a week somehow screw me?

In Bronze/Silver, Garen can definitely be seen as a carry because his kit is stupid enough to win games on its own. Just taking ignite/flash on him gives him the potential to win lane with ease, become an unkillable raid boss, and just Tryndamere his way to the enemy Nexus via the top lane.

I don't know about others on LoLGAF, but I always assume my teammates are going to be morons, so I plan accordingly. If your goal is to rank up, getting your hands on a hard carry that you enjoy playing should be a priority because there is a better chance of winning the game.

Kalentan

In Bronze/Silver, Garen can definitely be seen as a carry because his kit is stupid enough to win games on its own. Just taking ignite/flash on him gives him the potential to win lane with ease, become an unkillable raid boss, and just Tryndamere his way to the enemy Nexus via the top lane.

I don't know about others on LoLGAF, but I always assume my teammates are going to be morons, so I plan accordingly. If your goal is to rank up, getting your hands on a hard carry that you enjoy playing should be a priority because there is a better chance of winning the game.

Well I just got demoted to Silver III and at this rate I'll be Bronze by next week. To think I was literally Silver I just a few days ago. If I hadn't won one game earlier today. I would be a 10 lose streak in ranked.

Even- EVEN the games when my team starts out good, we always lose. At this point I imagine I'm just those easy matches people play and just forget about.

I love the game and all I wanted to do was get to Gold V and then go back to normals... All I wanted. Yet the odds of me winning are as likely as lighting striking a car on the road.

MCWb.png

Like look at that... It went from not being able to win in Silver I, but still being able to get back into Silver I, to- no longer being able to win. It's gotten to the point where even if I win multiple games, it will only take 1 loss to set me all the way back.

Well I just got demoted to Silver III and at this rate I'll be Bronze by next week. To think I was literally Silver I just a few days ago. If I hadn't won one game earlier today. I would be a 10 lose streak in ranked.

Even- EVEN the games when my team starts out good, we always lose. At this point I imagine I'm just those easy matches people play and just forget about.

I love the game and all I wanted to do was get to Gold V and then go back to normals... All I wanted. Yet the odds of me winning are as likely as lighting striking a car on the road.

MCWb.png

Like look at that... It went from not being able to win in Silver I, but still being able to get back into Silver I, to- no longer being able to win. It's gotten to the point where even if I win multiple games, it will only take 1 loss to set me all the way back.

Losing streaks happen all the time. If Garen isn't doing it for you try switching to champions like Malphite and go for those foolproof kits that are super strong.

killatopak

Gold Member
You should roam. Take tp and help other lanes snowball as well.

What I always do when I win lanes is start roaming when I have a few kills over my lane usually 2-3 kills and all of the enemy laners death is because of me. I stop killing him then because the gold given when I kill again usually isn't worth the effort.

Of course you're not gonna win if you're only the strong one on your team. As soon as you're somewhere else when a team fight happens 90% chance your team will lose the clash. All the gold is in your champ so it's better if you group up with them.

They won't group up? The key here is you force them to group up. Spam ping objectives or just straight up roam with them. Don't wait for them to do it, take the initiative.

Take fights that your team is gonna win even if your team mates are brain dead.

Lastly pick champs that can affect team fights if you want maximum team influence. Champs like malphite should work because you're the one who's gonna initiate. Just make sure your team can follow up.

Don't worry I went through that myself. Started off silver 2 and shot up really fast. To be fair, I feel that it's getting harder to solo carry nowadays.

zkylon

zkylewd
You know how you buff Lulu

So her ult right

It makes everyone bigger than it currently does, like 50% bigger from it's current size

and whoever got ulted, their abilities have that much of a bigger hitbox, IE garens spin is that much bigger, or Veigars dark matter blows up that much bigger. And on the flip side, their hitboxes become that much bigger.

That'd be fun
That'd make Lulu into a strong pick given the right comp with abilities that can benefit from it(IE a Swain E wouldn't benefit because it's single target, but his Q and W would)
i personally think she was fine before the last nerf so i'd rather they just reverted those changes

it's not like she was pick or ban or really high winrate or anything

i like the idea of her having more utility but waveclear is a baseline requirement mid and without it you just can't play with the rest of the class

look at taliyah, all she needed to be high tier was waveclear

solidifies to me that the DeLux Jam will never, ever be topped.

can't get better than perfect

I know that feel man.
I saw this starting to happen in my ranked games so I cut that shit cold turkey and I've only been playing normals since. Mainly so that I can get better at my champ of choice (Illaoi) and I plan to practice playing a champ who can hard carry a team of shit like Hec when I buy him on sale or that BS champ called GP.

I've found that you can't rely on your team FOR SHIT. You're a melee champ with no gap closer vs a ADC like Vyane or Graves or some annoying shit like Teemo? Sorry, but you can't rely on your JG to abuse the fact that there's an easy to kill ADC harassing you undertower. You can't rely on that help, you gotta handle your own shit. I once made the mistake of picking a champ assuming that the JG who said they would camp my lane to keep the Susan underfarmed in the lobby would do that. He didn't come top once and we lost hard.

There's nothing wrong with practicing in normals instead of endlessly doing ranked. I say practice carry champs, find one you like and do well with and bring that to ranked. And get a pool of like 3ish that you feel you know well and do well on that can all be good in different match ups.

i personally think she was fine before the last nerf so i'd rather they just reverted those changes

it's not like she was pick or ban or really high winrate or anything

i like the idea of her having more utility but waveclear is a baseline requirement mid and without it you just can't play with the rest of the class

look at taliyah, all she needed to be high tier was waveclear

can't get better than perfect

Eh not all charavters need wave clear tbh. Its fine if some do have it, and its fine if others dont

Eh not all charavters need wave clear tbh. Its fine if some do have it, and its fine if others dont
Not in mid lane, its part of how the lane works and what breaks or makes mid laners. Even assassins need wave clear, hell what made LeBlanc viable post launch was giving her wave clear by shifting her damage around to her W and RW.

I can't think of a single viable mid laner that doesn't have wave clear.

Not in mid lane, its part of how the lane works and what breaks or makes mid laners. Even assassins need wave clear, hell what made LeBlanc viable post launch was giving her wave clear by shifting her damage around to her W and RW.

I can't think of a single viable mid laner that doesn't have wave clear.

Maybe Ive gotten spoiled by HotS. In it, theres characters that are strong that have shit wave clear.

Other roles have ways to supplement their lack of wave clear, ADCs have Shiv and Runaans, bruisers have the Hydras, but mid laners can't rely on itemization-based wave clear because wave control is a core aspect of mid play. You need to be able to shove early/mid in order to roam freely, in the same vein you need to be able to counter shove to pressure turrets and punish people for unsuccessful roams which doesn't really happen in top and bot outside of major fuck ups like misusing teleport.

I'd like it if they removed the hard cap on Sion's attack speed during his passive and his ult move speed.

EDIT:
Looking through op.gg right now.

Aurelion Sol takes Stormraider's Surge.

Top Bottom