• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
I was a bit unclear I guess. I meant that I was a bit surprised that I'm not seeing more Viktor if he's op, still. I saw him a lot before the small nerf on his staff, but they have almost stopped playing him here.

i don't see him a lot but every time i play someone else i kind of feel like i should have an easier time playing viktor instead

i guess i could say the same thing about malzahar or something but i liked playing viktor a lot more when he didn't feel so busted

I think Viktor is just a lot easier than a lot of other mages, you don't really need to setup on him, you just run in and use your abilites to 1 shot the enemy team.

You can do the same on Ori, but you need a lot more skill to pull something like that off.
yeah, basically

Sooo Triforce Ekko is popping up in Korea and looks filthy.
that's kind of depressing

ekko is a pretty alright champion when played ap, it's a pity riot can't properly balance out off builds

So mid laners have to buy morellos instead of RoA now?
depends on who but morellos is a really good item

morellos+abyssal is a really good rush on pretty much everyone right now

Still no ADC balance changes in sight, did they give up on those?
another pbe week to go. i'm guessing ashe and jhin and twitch nerfs and kalista buffs

maybe some itemization stuff, idk, i feel like all that bfsword into hurricane stuff is kind of fishy, but i don't really know

maybe something for kogmaw, he's kind of op right? playing against him last night just reinforced my belief that kogmaw rework is the worst rework in all my time with league. like morde rework was really really bad but at least it was inventive and at least it made stupid a champion that was already stupid. new kog tho is like the least subtle most boring champion ever, it's not even a power thing, i just hate the idea of making a champion that rewards you for staying in place letting the numbers do the work for you

ughhh i hate him

awww rito finally figured out jhin is too strong right now
:(((((
?

another pbe week to go. i'm guessing ashe and jhin and twitch nerfs and kalista buffs

maybe some itemization stuff, idk, i feel like all that bfsword into hurricane stuff is kind of fishy, but i don't really know

maybe something for kogmaw, he's kind of op right? playing against him last night just reinforced my belief that kogmaw rework is the worst rework in all my time with league. like morde rework was really really bad but at least it was inventive and at least it made stupid a champion that was already stupid. new kog tho is like the least subtle most boring champion ever, it's not even a power thing, i just hate the idea of making a champion that rewards you for staying in place letting the numbers do the work for you

ughhh i hate him
I dunno about Twitch nerfs but yeah, Jhin is certainly getting nerfed, maybe Ashe too, beyond that Kalista and Trist need some help. Kog is whatever, without the old Rageblade rush he gets dicked on midgame as he should so unless the game gets super late he's manageable. If he gets a full build you're fucked but that's the point eh.

zkylon

zkylewd
I dunno about Twitch nerfs but yeah, Jhin is certainly getting nerfed, maybe Ashe too, beyond that Kalista and Trist need some help. Kog is whatever, without the old Rageblade rush he gets dicked on midgame as he should so unless the game gets super late he's manageable. If he gets a full build you're fucked but that's the point eh.

twitch nerfs are all but confirmed

forget which rioter it was but i remember reading about it

drawkcaB

I've been tracking the popularity and performance for TF Ekko for a while now, since the changes to the item. It isn't some OP build, which is somewhat apparent looking at the performance of the players in the list and beyond. It is however another option for Ekko and it's definitely something for Ekko players to be mindful of when selecting their items.

Now, if you want an OP item on Ekko, look to protobelt. The positioning of Ekko once he completes his E-blink is the sweet spot to get the huge damage out of protobelt's active. Hitting 5+ rockets on the active is pretty normal. That's a ~300 damage nuke for 2500g.

drawkcaB

Alright, so on my quest to stop my 6 game losing streak and first up I got Yasuo mid on my team. Since this is already a loss let's give Sion support a whirl.

EDIT: Other team however had a Riven who rage quit after dying to Panth top twice before 5 mins. You can't make this shit up.

drawkcaB

Pile on another loss as Gragas. 9 losses as jungler in a row.

As someone who hates all competitive gaming, TI4's prize pool ensures I'll be watching some matches.

zkylon

zkylewd
Interesting, I wonder how many champions they're looking at.
sivir might get a nerf too but i think the problem with sivir is karma so maybe not

corki and kalista are def due a buff, i dunno if they'll nerf mf since she's only strong in solo q

Pile on another loss as Gragas. 9 losses as jungler in a row.

As someone who hates all competitive gaming, TI4's prize pool ensures I'll be watching some matches.
why is prizepool mattering here?

drawkcaB

why is prizepool mattering here?

Because games with more at stake make for a more compelling. Germany v. Brazil** in the World Cup finals is more exciting than in an international friendly, even when the games are otherwise equal. It's not rocket science. A prize pool approaching $20M is instantly more interesting than whatever amount Riot's iron eSport fist is going to dole out. Gonna add to this and say that World's happening over the course of what, a month, just sucks it dry.

Oh, and watching competitive LoL is fucking terrible. Full stop, awful.

**or whatever teams are good these days I follow football for a month every four years.

Newt

I dunno why you're getting so salty Backward, it's like you're turning into an unholy combination of me, Nev and Dimb.

With some Breezy sprinkled on top.

League's prizepool is low because every player is given a salary by Riot.

I don't see why a prizepool makes watching a competitive game more or less interesting anyways.

I dunno why you're getting so salty Backward, it's like you're turning into an unholy combination of me, Nev and Dimb.

With some Breezy sprinkled on top.

League's prizepool is low because every player is given a salary by Riot.

I don't see why a prizepool makes watching a competitive game more or less interesting anyways.

Valves 19 million prize pool(Kickstarted by the players for stupid cosmetic books!) has spoiled everyone.

I dislike Valves crowdfunded way of doing it. It's so....lazy. And they make millions by crowdfunding it. Sure they have a baseline prize, but they end up making more money off the digital goodies made(And yeah, the prizepool gets bigger, but again...crowdfunded. Can't take that too seriously. Like, it wouldn't be cool if the NBA crowdfunded the salaries for their players through selling books or something).

zkylon

zkylewd
Because games with more at stake make for a more compelling. Germany v. Brazil** in the World Cup finals is more exciting than in an international friendly, even when the games are otherwise equal. It's not rocket science. A prize pool approaching $20M is instantly more interesting than whatever amount Riot's iron eSport fist is going to dole out. Gonna add to this and say that World's happening over the course of what, a month, just sucks it dry.

Oh, and watching competitive LoL is fucking terrible. Full stop, awful.

**or whatever teams are good these days I follow football for a month every four years.
there are other stakes are more than money tho?

msi has been amazing for two years straight, last year worlds was pretty good even if skt just ran through everyone past groups and there's really no reason to believe this year's worlds will be any different. yeah pro league is pretty lame during the year because teams are inconsistent and there's a lot of bad teams playing but come worlds or msi shit is always super hype not because of money but because it's these kids' chance to go down in history. you get to see awesome shit like uzi take a billion teams to the finals and edg building a comp that finally defeats faker's leblanc and kabum knocking alliance off groups and shit

it's awesome, i love worlds every year and im so glad this year it's in a time zone i can watch with friends

also like, do watch the international if you want, i'm sure it's great, but you need a more legit reason than money

I don't give a fuck you, pedant. Pat yourself on the back, you're so goddamn clever.
dude, is everything ok?

like, honestly asking

i get that league's been pretty shitty for you lately but i always thought of you as a pretty reasonable guy and lately you've been kind of a mess here

shoot me a pm/add me on steam if u wanna talk about anything and seriously if league's giving u a bad time just play something else for a bit

try overwatch, it's pretty fun, got cute girls in it with funny accents and has a pretty addictive unlockable treadmill for you to feel like you're always somehow winning

Valves 19 million prize pool(Kickstarted by the players for stupid cosmetic books!) has spoiled everyone.

I dislike Valves crowdfunded way of doing it. It's so....lazy. And they make millions by crowdfunding it. Sure they have a baseline prize, but they end up making more money off the digital goodies made(And yeah, the prizepool gets bigger, but again...crowdfunded. Can't take that too seriously. Like, it wouldn't be cool if the NBA crowdfunded the salaries for their players through selling books or something).
i just don't like how it's made out to be like players are crowdfunding the prizepool when they're actually just giving a shit ton of money to valve and the prizepool only gets the spare change

if they did the split the other way around with 75% for the prizepool i'd be a lot more inclined to applaud valve but the way they do it and how they also tie it to the same old shitty exploitative doto item system is just depressing to see do so well

If you could choose two, what would you take?

-All runes are free
-Skins are now purchasable with large amounts of IP depending on rarity (40,000+)
-Yasuo is deleted from the game
-Solo queue returns
-TSM wins worlds

try overwatch

I second this suggestion. Overwatch is the ish.

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm it's hard to choose

def the rune thing, even if i already have like all the runes i just don't like them existing so that's one

skins for 40k ip is just a lot, i don't think that'd be very good, i'd rather just pay for them

yasuo deleted from the game is tempting, even if i think he's kind of fairly balanced right now and fun to play against, but i think i'd rather have one that's coming up next

solo q is worhtless to me so idc

tsm winning worlds, now that would be some stupid fun, specially if it's like in a very silly way like everyone on skt get the flu and tsm wins the finals against an all subs team. something very dumb like that lol

so yea runes and tsm is my choice

this was fun!

Newt

Definitely would want Yasuo deleted from the game. Yasuo is definitely the hardest champion in the game to carry.

Wouldn't mind buying skins for IP, considering I have 100,000 + IP.

Nekofrog

Banned
fcRRjFX.jpg

OH SNAP

NEKO VS NEWT

SOLOQ ENEMIES

Nekofrog

Banned
we did, but not before our annie ragequit for like 4 minutes because she got caught out in mid a couple times

then the client crashed when i clicked the button to report

Calvero

Banned
If you could choose two, what would you take?

-All runes are free
-Skins are now purchasable with large amounts of IP depending on rarity (40,000+)
-Yasuo is deleted from the game
-Solo queue returns
-TSM wins worlds

I second this suggestion. Overwatch is the ish.
All runes are free
TSM
CLG
win worlds.

Definitely would want Yasuo deleted from the game. Yasuo is definitely the hardest champion in the game to carry.

Wouldn't mind buying skins for IP, considering I have 100,000 + IP.

Are you sure naoto isn't the hardest to carry

Top Bottom