• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

I haven't played in months but I've got time ttk this week and in between being productive i wouldn't mind playing a few games of league again. What's the jungle/top meta looking like right now? And what're the best way to get good at champions like Khazix and Kindred? Their both champions ive had for a while that I've always wanted to get good at but have just never been able to. Likely because I'm used to being a tank with champs like Shyvana or Gnar (also how are he and Ekko doing?
But I guess I'm just asking for tips, builds and strategies on Khazix and Kindred(mostly)
I haven't played since probably last LCS

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I haven't played in months but I've got time ttk this week and in between being productive i wouldn't mind playing a few games of league again. What's the jungle/top meta looking like right now? And what're the best way to get good at champions like Khazix and Kindred? Their both champions ive had for a while that I've always wanted to get good at but have just never been able to. Likely because I'm used to being a tank with champs like Shyvana or Gnar (also how are he and Ekko doing?
But I guess I'm just asking for tips, builds and strategies on Khazix and Kindred(mostly)
I haven't played since probably last LCS

kindred was murdered in cold blood by rito, no point in playing them any more

ekko is in an ok spot right now, hit pretty hard with some nerfs but he's still hanging on

k6 is still just doing his thing, good against squishy comps

kindred was murdered in cold blood by rito, no point in playing them any more

ekko is in an ok spot right now, hit pretty hard with some nerfs but he's still hanging on

k6 is still just doing his thing, good against squishy comps
That's depressing, guess I'll just spend time trying to get good with Khazix then. Not sure why Kindred needed an extreme nerf though considering how squishy they are and as far as I know/knew they weren't super popular or powerful. At least I've still got Ekko though. But what're some good current Top/jungle champs I can expect to face?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Mordekaiser jungle is simultaneously terrible and amazing. Insane clears but completely useless ganks, as expected.

Had a tryndamere get upset because I didn't initate when ganking (I thought he'd use his slow), and that was weird.

Leezard

That's depressing, guess I'll just spend time trying to get good with Khazix then. Not sure why Kindred needed an extreme nerf though considering how squishy they are and as far as I know/knew they weren't super popular or powerful. At least I've still got Ekko though. But what're some good current Top/jungle champs I can expect to face?

Kindred was really popular and ridiculously strong for months. Nerf after nerf but they stayed a top tier jungle together with Nidalee, they were in their own league compared to the others. In the end Riot removed some base armor and replaced the heal on W with an attack speed slow, and that seems to have done it. Kindred still has a 49% win rate in jungle though, so saying kindred was murdered is a bit too much, but she's not top tier any more.

Khazix is in a good spot right now though. Ekko is also really good, both top and in the jungle. Top lane is kind of diverse right now. You see some Darius, Riven, Gangplank, Gnar, Renekton, Illaoi... The list goes on. There's not really any champ that's picked every game in top lane.

Kindred was really popular and ridiculously strong for months. Nerf after nerf but they stayed a top tier jungle together with Nidalee, they were in their own league compared to the others. In the end Riot removed some base armor and replaced the heal on W with an attack speed slow, and that seems to have done it. Kindred still has a 49% win rate in jungle though, so saying kindred was murdered is a bit too much.

Khazix is in a good spot right now though. Ekko is also really good, both top and in the jungle. Top lane is kind of diverse right now. You see some Darius, Riven, Gangplank, Gnar, Renekton, Illaoi... The list goes on. There's not really any champ that's picked every game in top lane.

Damn, had no idea it got that bad. Still interested in trying them out again since I really like their kit and them thematically. Just really not sure the best way or tactics to play them since I usually get shit on early game by jungle camps and its downhill from there. Glad to hear Ekko and Khazix are doing good, jungle Ekko is seemingly more popular than it used to be and top doesn't seem to have changed aside from the addition of Illaoi which might be the only thing I have trouble with. I guess Shyvana should still be fairly viable too.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
yeah kindred was too good before, but the nerfs just sucked the fun out of playing them, you can't even do damage until you get like 5 or 6 marks and even then you're still doing less than you would have before

Mordekaiser jungle is simultaneously terrible and amazing. Insane clears but completely useless ganks, as expected.

Had a tryndamere get upset because I didn't initate when ganking (I thought he'd use his slow), and that was weird.

Whats your rune/mastery build for jungle clear?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Whats your rune/mastery build for jungle clear?

I had the wrong rune page that game, but I like AP quints, attack speed marks, armor seals and 10% scaling cdr/mr glyphs. 12/0/18 masteries with strength of the ages feels pretty good

I've only played it a few times, so there's probably something more optimal. I want to try move speed quints, but that'd hurt the early clears.

Dr. Buni

Holy shit I just realized that I don't enjoy League of Legends at all unless I'm either winning, or flaming my team. This game was the worst.

Legit playing with Riot members in solo q is fucking torture.
Maybe you should stop playing. The less flamers in this game, the better.

Only open fights with mobility skills if you can end them before you need to dash again, IE vs people without dashes/flash or if you can oneshot them.

Calvero

Banned
This game felt so good. We were down 20 - 3 kills 15 minutes into the game. Enemy Lee-sin and Vayne are talking shit and saying 'gg'. We get a whole bunch of picks over the next 15 minutes and get back into the game. Vayne is talking shit about my score and CS. Tells me that assists don't matter lmao. We take two inhibs and let creeps push in as we hold them off on the other side of the map. They push onto our inhib turrets, but can't take anything. I get a pick off on Vayne and get a triple kill. We run down mid and take double inhibs and i tank nexus turret against Darius and Lee. We end.
I'm so glad nobody on our team flamed.
rOWXdv9.jpg

Played my first Khazix game
it went terrible, 3/11/8
But you know, you die and you learn. I like his kit though and I can see how powerful he could be to a competent player.
This game felt so good. We were down 20 - 3 kills 15 minutes into the game. Enemy Lee-sin and Vayne are talking shit and saying 'gg'. We get a whole bunch of picks over the next 15 minutes and get back into the game. Vayne is talking shit about my score and CS. Tells me that assists don't matter lmao. We take two inhibs and let creeps push in as we hold them off on the other side of the map. They push onto our inhib turrets, but can't take anything. I get a pick off on Vayne and get a triple kill. We run down mid and take double inhibs and i tank nexus turret against Darius and Lee. We end.
I'm so glad nobody on our team flamed.
I really don't understand why people flame and be toxic on this game or any game. Not only is it not helpful it's pretty lame to talk shit over a videogame and definitely not impressive. Congratulations on your win though!

zkylon

zkylewd

huhh im not sure if i think this is neat looking or not. i wouldn't buy it myself cos i don't like the champion or the skin line and honestly that looks like a 3d render rather than a shot of the actual toy thing so idk

also i continue to be 100% confused by this project cache nonsense

i swear they couldn't make it any more convoluted if they tried

Quonny

huhh im not sure if i think this is neat looking or not. i wouldn't buy it myself cos i don't like the champion or the skin line and honestly that looks like a 3d render rather than a shot of the actual toy thing so idk

I like it. Clean colors, joints don't look awful.

But the QC will be the real test.

That's definitely a render.

Is it supposed to be a figure? Haven't kept up with the project stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
FUCKING LOL

was watching the Kled PBE stream with the designer and saw this

Tom Shoe if you're reading this from the dead I love you, but no it wasn't me.

some day I'll be there!
lol that's seriously hilarious

I like it. Clean colors, joints don't look awful.

But the QC will be the real test.
yeah looks well made, i also think that this skin line really works for toys since like more human looking dolls look robotic lol

That's definitely a render.

Is it supposed to be a figure? Haven't kept up with the project stuff.
ya it's a figure

Quonny

Interesting.

You play three games with a Project skin/ward/whatever active and you unlock the ability to buy a special edition hoodie.

2 points from promos.

3 straight games with a disconnect/leave in the first 5 minutes of the game. All 3 were my top laners.

EbOoQ61.png

Getting close to just letting this season go. Very discouraged. I'm not good enough to carry 4v5. And before you say, "but one day you'll get to play against leavers in 3 straight games too!" just save it. Never in my 5 years of playing this game have I had 3 leavers in consecutive ranked matches on my team or against another team. There were no arguments; no unusual deaths. They simply dc'd and never came back. As if people are playing and lose power.

Calvero

Banned
2 points from promos.

3 straight games with a disconnect/leave in the first 5 minutes of the game. All 3 were my top laners.

EbOoQ61.png

Getting close to just letting this season go. Very discouraged. I'm not good enough to carry 4v5. And before you say, "but one day you'll get to play against leavers in 3 straight games too!" just save it. Never in my 5 years of playing this game have I had 3 leavers in consecutive ranked matches on my team or against another team. There were no arguments; no unusual deaths. They simply dc'd and never came back. As if people are playing and lose power.

This is why i hopped off after that a Illaoi game

TheOddOne

yeah kindred was too good before, but the nerfs just sucked the fun out of playing them, you can't even do damage until you get like 5 or 6 marks and even then you're still doing less than you would have before
As somebody who played them mid and got to level 6, I can confirm this. You can still play them fine in jungle, but even then there are better (and more fun) options.

clemenx

Banned
Ghostcrawler said League's playerbase is still increasing, so much for the whole "League is dying" nonsense lol

LoL is about the only game that I've played with coworkers from every single job I've had, there's always at least one person out there who plays. Only stuff like Mario Kart and other party games come close and those are simpler games (as much as I love Mario Kart)

They're not even enthusiasts about gaming most of them, I honestly don't get how lol gets out there to people considering how much more complex than an average game any MOBA is.

Another S Illaoi game.

Seemed like an Illaoi Carry game. Was shocked I did so well with the amount of CC on their team ... guess it's cause I was able to stay top until I could raid boss em.

Was really hoping Sion was Top :/

Top Bottom