• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Arcade Corki? Gross.

7527c2231c723142.jpg

I gotta say, uninspired arcade skins these years. Corki and Ahri definitely don't need more skins ._.;

Next year is probably Jinx and Ekko I bet

Wow, some of the chromes actually changes some patterns a la heroes of the storm

Yeah, they should really implement a like system for the champion mastery. Yeah it's a straight rip from Heroes of the Storm but...adding palette swaps to Champion Mastery would atleast be something to work for.

Uh

Some of you also suggested that chromas could be a reward for mastery. We’re committed to improving mastery rewards, and with the release of Hextech Crafting this year, we’re thrilled to have a way to reward you for mastery across several of our content offerings, including a chance to get free skins. We won’t be launching chromas in Hextech Crafting at this time, but it’s something we’re thinking about for future iterations.

Yeah uh, is this something they're going to add? Uhm, cause Masteries do nothing right now. Unless he's talking about something they're going to add, it's worded in a really weird way that implies they added something along with hextech mastery

I gotta say, uninspired arcade skins these years. Corki and Ahri definitely don't need more skins ._.;

Next year is probably Jinx and Ekko I bet

Yeah, they should really implement a like system for the champion mastery. Yeah it's a straight rip from Heroes of the Storm but...adding palette swaps to Champion Mastery would atleast be something to work for.

At least it wasnt Katarina (duh) or Nidalee , Arcade Vi or Reksai would be a better choice.

Yeah uh, is this something they're going to add? Uhm, cause Masteries do nothing right now. Unless he's talking about something they're going to add, it's worded in a really weird way that implies they added something along with hextech mastery

It would be a nice gesture from them to give you a free blue and purple chroma skin for 6 and 7 mastery

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Illaoi is gonna get new skins once in a blue moon, get used to it.

Would be a shame, but understandable as she's not generic animu foxgirl trope bait. Her design is actually interesting.

On the plus side more people playing Ahri means easy wins mid for me with my husbandos of choice and the occasional Diana/Liss.

That's not the problem here.

It's that she's gotten NO new skin post release and she's the next new champ in line for a skin.

Plus, who the fuck is asking for MORE Corki skins? >_>

actually

Yorick is the next in line for a new skin. No new skins since release. I know, I know, he's getting remade or whatever, but he still has not gotten a new skin ever.

Would be a shame, but understandable as she's not generic animu foxgirl trope bait. Her design is actually interesting.

On the plus side more people playing Ahri means easy wins mid for me with my husbandos of choice and the occasional Diana/Liss.

That's not the problem here.

It's that she's gotten NO new skin post release and she's the next new champ in line for a skin.

Plus, who the fuck is asking for MORE Corki skins? >_>
She has extra models tied to her kit which make doing any skin for her need extra work. Basically she's in the same boat as Zyra so you're getting a skin every two years at best.

Nev

Banned
Jesus christ how many 17 years old weaboo hentai-lover wankers buy these shitty skins for that stupid character? Stop it for god's sake, let other champions have some skins.

Karma has one crappy Ionian-ish lotus skin for Aidsrelia lovers and a leftover 750 skin taken out of Leaguecraft since release, Ahri 5 fapservice skins in a month, all with particles and recalls and everything.

Riot is absurd. Coming up next PBE cycle: more Annie, Yi and Ashe skins!

Nev

Banned
I don't even care it's not a Karma skin but in all honesty, the Ahri thing with skins is getting ridiculous. Like, she has tons of different and good skins, while plenty of other champions have maybe one, two skins for years. Ezreal has too many as well, and so does Corki, they didn't need it at all.

I don't know why they keep releasing skins for Ezreal anyways, do they believe that the model is fine or something? Because no matter how much effort they put into his skins, his animations and rig are Nunu levels of outdated. I hope they don't plan on people forgetting it and getting away with keeping his hideous 2010 model forever.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
She has extra models tied to her kit which make doing any skin for her need extra work. Basically she's in the same boat as Zyra so you're getting a skin every two years at best.

The tentacles are a very basic model/rig though and have very little to animate. Zyra's more complex because she has 2 different plant types with various states. I don't think reskinning the tentacles for a basic-midrange skin would take that much extra work (and probably significantly less than whatever new models/particles/animations are being cooked for ahri's new models).

void aurelion when tho

I don't even care it's not a Karma skin but in all honesty, the Ahri thing with skins is getting ridiculous. Like, she has tons of different and good skins, while plenty of other champions have maybe one, two skins for years. Ezreal has too many as well, and so does Corki, they didn't need it at all.

I don't know why they keep releasing skins for Ezreal anyways, do they believe that the model is fine or something? Because no matter how much effort they put into his skins, his animations and rig are Nunu levels of outdated. I hope they don't plan on people forgetting it and getting away with keeping his hideous 2010 model forever.

Imagine when Ahri gets a VU

zkylon

zkylewd
i think they basically are doing all the right things with chromas

for one instead of releasing like 3 they're doing like 5 per champion which might not sound like much but it's actually a lot more variety and they also all look pretty good and colorful. instead of like being all "themed" which was always kind of dumb they're just regular palette swaps

buying with ip is nice, although idk why it's twice a year and not all year long, that seems really weird and unnecessary to me, but i guess they gotta force ppl into buying them somehow

the mastery thing is basically nothing, they're saying they already reward mastery with chests which is kind of true but also like not exactly the cool way people wanted it to be?

but most importantly caving in and realizing that it was stupid to sell them in bundles and to instead sell them individually is just the thing that'll make all the difference. 290rp is not nothing but it's reasonable for what other things in the game are sold for

so yea, maybe they'll turn the chroma ship around, honestly i was never a big fan of chromas and this doesn't change my mind 100% but yeah maybe i'll buy one

eh

for a palette swap, paying $2.50 isn't all that great. The IP thing is ok, but I bet it's going to be overpriced, and only twice a year? Come on.

eh

for a palette swap, paying $2.50 isn't all that great. The IP thing is ok, but I bet it's going to be overpriced, and only twice a year? Come on.

Chromas should be free, Riot already have the no discount on legendary skins which are becoming more often and well designed, the loot boxes and keys, special loot boxes, dynamic packs with rare skins and more skins on the way.

I wonder why Riot takes its time to release just a color palete on old skins its not like it changes the skills particles colors ( I rarely see any chroma on my plays)

Yeah, Chromas should be a reward for Champion Mastery. That is, not the act of getting an S in a game, but levelling your Champion Mastery to 7.(Or whatever number it is now.)

It makes sense? And they're just palette swaps.

patchday

wow this just playing dirty Riot. I havent logged on in quite awhile and already I'm wanting to spend money cause you got Project Ashe on my login screen

This some aggressive advertising/marketing to weak willed idiots like myself.

see this why I didnt wanna logon I knew this would happen. must resist.....

edit - it was easy to resist once I saw the price- 1820 oh hells naw

patchday

aw man wtf that new Siege mode already gone? I thought it was here to stay?

oh well I tried.... back to my other games for now.

Top Bottom