• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

killatopak

Gold Member
Riven buffs aren't really deserve cause I think she's plenty strong already but I main her so it's good news for me.

not sure about the others but the only questionable buff is brand cause that's hella op.

6.png

yeah i'm sold, love the design and color changing tails just sounds awesome

The tails would look better if the tails changes colors independently but I guess it would be too much on the design

Leezard

brand buffs sound really unnecessary actually

unlikely, she's pretty bad atm

Yeah. I get that he's not played in competitive, but this is a huge damage increase. I wonder if he'll get play in competitive now, and how dumb he will be in ranked.

killatopak

Gold Member
Looking at the the changes again, Jinx got buffed and I'm sure this'll make her top tier again. She's pretty strong atm but coupled with the other top tier nerfs and her own buffs make her a stand out.

Kennen also got his damage decreased but waveclear is massively increased. Wave clear is one of his key problems but now it doesn't seem so anymore. Of course this burns his escape/engage tool but if still helps when there's a massive wave that needed to be cleared.

Leezard

Bugfix for Graves this patch.

Fixed a bug where an enemy hit with multiple shells from Graves’s basic attacks only applied a single stack of Black Cleaver

This is quite significant for a bug fix.

drawkcaB

like who?

Brand, Vi, Riven, Kennen, Morgana, Jinx for sure. They're all fine at the moment in solo queue. Draven and Thresh buffs are debatable.

I'm not a fan of the Poppy buffs either, because like her previous ticky-tack buffs they're going to be ineffective while setting her up to be OP once they give her something meaningful - shades of all the small buffs they kept giving Trundle last season.

Also hate the Gragas nerfs on his ultimate, out of principal. Changes to abilities that add clunkiness are always some of the worst. It's an insanely useful spell with a low-ish CD even at rank 1. Increasing rank 1 CD to something fitting the potential of the ultimate (150s) would have been better.

The one set of buffs I really like however are Jayce's. Not because I think the numbers themselves are great, but rather the general idea of buffing his hammer stance abilities. By making them relevant it'll give Jayce more flexibility in his match-ups, which gives experienced Jayce players more tools and improved results without having to touch obnoxious cannon form Jayce.

It's a shame that Riot decided to lump all the marksman changes in the same patch with only one patch left for corrections. I'm very confident that had the Ashe/Sivir/Jhin nerfs hit in 6.16 then they could have used two patches worth of time to see how their changes affected the remaining ADC pool and obtain better results. I have a real concern that what will end up happening is that those three will be replace by another three and the game isn't actually better off.

WTF

cWaqnZB.jpg

That feeling and moment when you play a champ for the 4th time and think you're in Normal queue so you're just doing whatever and not giving a fuck...dumpster your lane opponent, force out the fast gg...and find out you were playing Ranked to get to promos.

zkylon

zkylewd
patch hit just as we were winning a 50 minute back and forth game

that's so frustrating lol

Brand, Vi, Riven, Kennen, Morgana, Jinx for sure. They're all fine at the moment in solo queue. Draven and Thresh buffs are debatable.

I'm not a fan of the Poppy buffs either, because like her previous ticky-tack buffs they're going to be ineffective while setting her up to be OP once they give her something meaningful - shades of all the small buffs they kept giving Trundle last season.

Also hate the Gragas nerfs on his ultimate, out of principal. Changes to abilities that add clunkiness are always some of the worst. It's an insanely useful spell with a low-ish CD even at rank 1. Increasing rank 1 CD to something fitting the potential of the ultimate (150s) would have been better.

The one set of buffs I really like however are Jayce's. Not because I think the numbers themselves are great, but rather the general idea of buffing his hammer stance abilities. By making them relevant it'll give Jayce more flexibility in his match-ups, which gives experienced Jayce players more tools and improved results without having to touch obnoxious cannon form Jayce.

It's a shame that Riot decided to lump all the marksman changes in the same patch with only one patch left for corrections. I'm very confident that had the Ashe/Sivir/Jhin nerfs hit in 6.16 then they could have used two patches worth of time to see how their changes affected the remaining ADC pool and obtain better results. I have a real concern that what will end up happening is that those three will be replace by another three and the game isn't actually better off.
yeah, out of those i'd say morgana buffs are probably gonna be fairly harmless, as are thresh's. not sure about draven, i generally think draven is not a very balanceable champion so idk

the gragas nerf are imo really fair, he can execute a huge cc chain in less than a second with e flash ult and it's really difficult to play against. adding some counterplay to a champion is never bad imo

i'm also kind of surprised that 6.16 was so light but i guess they had setbacks or something. they might've wanted to do all the adc changes at once to prevent having to do whack a mole with whoever rises after jhin and ashe, but idk. there's still a month worth of patches until worlds and these nerfs seem fairly sensible

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think so, before it was like 22% (10% + 4% * 3), now it's 21% (3% + 6% * 3)

this assuming he builds only rfc since that's the item i see on champion.gg

probably got runes to consider and whatnot but numbers seem about the same, just nerfed early

Him escaping is irrelevant if he took out the highest priority target already. And besides that, the idea that Rengar has no escape after knifing someone is wrong, between the Ghostblade active and his ult MS by the time you can react to someone's death he's on the other side of the map already.

killatopak

Gold Member
Time to get ready to buy some Finals tickets

@_@

Eh, Rengar has no escape after jumping in with his ult. Having burst out of stealth is fine.

He doesn't need to if he gets the job done. A 4v5 after a rengar one shot is probably a win for reng already even if he dies especially if he kills a primary target.

Leezard

Rengar can often just run away since he's really fast after his ult though. Especially if he has gotten to the point that he can oneshot someone.

Him escaping is irrelevant if he took out the highest priority target already. And besides that, the idea that Rengar has no escape after knifing someone is wrong, between the Ghostblade active and his ult MS by the time you can react to someone's death he's on the other side of the map already.

He doesn't need to if he gets the job done. A 4v5 after a rengar one shot is probably a win for reng already even if he dies especially if he kills a primary target.

that's the whole point of an assassin

kill a priority target. If your team can't stop him with some CC or by covering your squishy(You get a warning when he's stealthed) then that isn't Rengars fault

Might as well delete Veigar or Zed because they can ruin priority targets, too.

Leezard

that's the whole point of an assassin

kill a priority target. If your team can't stop him with some CC or by covering your opponent(You get a warning when he's stealthed) then that isn't Rengars fault

Might as well delete Veigar or Zed because they can ruin priority targets, too.

You might get something like 0.4 seconds of warning time once he has ghostblade and the increased leap range. The warning is far from enough.

Zed and Veigar have much more counterplay than that.

You might get something like 0.4 seconds of warning time once he has ghostblade and the increased leap range. The warning is far from enough.

Zed and Veigar have much more counterplay than that.

But I thought he was using the ghostblade to escape at the speed of Hermes

If they were to change rengar, they should rebalance his stats and remove his trophy trinket. That should be it tbh.

Rengar's warning is a joke, if the Rengar is good by the time you see it you're already dead.

Yes, if any player is good at being an assassin, they should all be able to kill you and disappear by the time you notice the respawn timer.

That's the whole point of being an assassin.

Ghostblade lasts 6 seconds, you pop it before jumping and it'll still have plenty of time to leave.

An assassin should absolutely be able to delete targets, but you need to be able to react. When Zed ults you you know where he's reappearing and you have a couple seconds before he ends you, you have time to CC/Exhaust him, use any defensive spells, lifesteal back to life, etc. Akali and LeBlanc can be swatted mid air when you see them coming, Kat can be interrupted and so on. Even fucking Talon has more counterplay since he still needs to hit rake and you can tell clearly when he ulted and where he's going to.

Rengar needs one auto attack most of the time. Either way, this is irrelevant since A) Rengar is getting a new kit and B) Riot is reworking stealth as a whole.

Ghostblade lasts 6 seconds, you pop it before jumping and it'll still have plenty of time to leave.

An assassin should absolutely be able to delete targets, but you need to be able to react. When Zed ults you you know where he's reappearing and you have a couple seconds before he ends you, you have time to CC/Exhaust him, use any defensive spells, lifesteal back to life, etc.

Rengar needs one auto attack most of the time.

saddle up and buy a guardians angel for your ADC then

I'm all for promoting change in your build depending on what you're going against. Tanks have to prioritize a different build depending on what they're going against, so should ADCs.

edit-Is there a virtual room for the League finals tickets

halp, I'm technologically illiterate

I don't mind itemizing defensively in reaction to something but itemizing properly against Rengar costs 6400 gold and that just isn't fucking reasonable.

GA is a bad buy vs him because by the time it's out of CD he already ulted you like 8 times.

I don't mind itemizing defensively in reaction to something but itemizing properly against Rengar costs 6400 gold and that just isn't fucking reasonable.

GA is a bad buy vs him because by the time it's out of CD he already ulted you like 8 times.

they should have a support item that puts an enemy/ally in stasis for situations like this. Then it's about timing an assassination while the ADC is alone or that item has been popped. And if the item only does that Active, then it'll be a situational buy because it provides no stats.

A "Mikael's Hourglass" type of item would be fucking sweet, I agree, but honestly that would be OP as fuck even without assassins in the picture.

A "Mikael's Hourglass" type of item would be fucking sweet, I agree, but honestly that would be OP as fuck even without assassins in the picture.

Eh, make it expensive, limited(Only 1 person on a team), and have it provide no stats. Let the base version only do allies, and 'upgrade' it for a cost in order to stasis opponents. It would be meant to counter all-ins, and someone like Rengar wouldn't be able to live trying to jump in to delete a character. Meanwhile for everyone else who has sustained damage, it would just be a temporary nuisance, if only because assassins tend to be the ones who are dependent on all ins.

It could work. newt joked about buying Zhongyas on an ADC when Zeds mark became immune to sash, but this would be a good alternative to that.

Huge burst out of stealth is bad. Which is why Rengar is getting changed.

Huge burst out of stealth with minimal warning is what is bad, not the damage itself. According to the update preview discussion on Rengar's rework, he's still going to be able to delete people right out of stealth (although like 1-2 seconds slower). They're just going to give people more time to prepare while also giving Rengar ways to outplay them.

I forgot how much AXS sucked for buying tickets

Random line placement with random batches of people being selected every minute, what the hell.

garath

Rengar is bad because he is insta killing people with next to no warning every 40seconds or so. A lot of issues could be resolved by increasing the cool down on his ult or reducing the time he is stealthed, etc. He can literally ult, walk around half the map looking for someone, insta gib them then do it again in 30 seconds. Late game you won't even be through the death timer by the time he is ready to go again.

There's no counterplay except for a GA which is super expensive and as someone else points out, you will get ulted another 8 times by the time it's back up. Useless.

But a rework is fine. Probably best answer.

Aaaaand the tickets put up today is sold out.

Yup, AXS continues to suck. Random placement and random batches getting in for tickets...fuuuuuck that.

Ashhong

BULLSHIT

I had tickets on AXS for Finals, awesome seats on the floor, got to checkout, did all my information, says "error" and can't checkout. Fuck AXS

Calvero

Banned
WTF

cWaqnZB.jpg

That feeling and moment when you play a champ for the 4th time and think you're in Normal queue so you're just doing whatever and not giving a fuck...dumpster your lane opponent, force out the fast gg...and find out you were playing Ranked to get to promos.

why does it say **Invalid Map

Nekofrog

Banned
So I'm playing with a friend of mine who has played the game longer than I have but never put a ton of time into it. He never got out of silver in his time playing and started this season in Bronze. I had 2 smurf accounts, one barely hit 30 a few months ago.

When we started duoing a few months ago it was rough, he was a standard bronze player with bronze mechanics and decision making. It was really hard at fist because while he was listening and trying to learn he was absorbing it all pretty slowly. This combined with the fact that he only plays yasuo and some Diana made it even harder. Then suddenly it all seemed to click for him and 2 months later he's gold 3 with 1 win from promos to gold 2 and we are constantly paying plat 3s and 4s despite only being gold.

I don't have any silver accounts anymore :(

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So i got project lucian from the disruption box. wish he was better tho/
So I'm playing with a friend of mine who has played the game longer than I have but never put a ton of time into it. He never got out of silver in his time playing and started this season in Bronze. I had 2 smurf accounts, one barely hit 30 a few months ago.

When we started duoing a few months ago it was rough, he was a standard bronze player with bronze mechanics and decision making. It was really hard at fist because while he was listening and trying to learn he was absorbing it all pretty slowly. This combined with the fact that he only plays yasuo and some Diana made it even harder. Then suddenly it all seemed to click for him and 2 months later he's gold 3 with 1 win from promos to gold 2 and we are constantly paying plat 3s and 4s despite only being gold.

I don't have any silver accounts anymore :(
good. you get to see no more ap lucians.

jerd

So I just queued up for my decay game and it ended up a remake at 3 minutes. Does anyone know if that counts to stop me from decaying? I don't see the notice anymore but it is my last day so I'd hate to get bumped down

Fracas

#fuckonami
Kled is pretty fun to play. That stickiness is pretty insane, even moreso with capped cdr. Need to try mallet/fervor.

killatopak

Gold Member
Some nerfs/buffs got reverted.

Brand got changed into increases percent damage while conflagarated and it spreads.

Jayce/kennen buffs got reverted

Some more Jhin/ashe ult nerf. Edit: actually it's a buff from an earlier nerf and jhin's base damage on ult got nerfed but missing health damage got buffed.

And orianna max mana increase. Edit: just base mana.

Top Bottom