• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Newt

In ADC, you don't have to sit at tower all game even if you have the wrong matchup. A Vayne can easily duel a Sivir or Caitlyn from behind. With bullshit like Anivia, you try to fight her from behind she takes out half your health with only a catalyst.

zkylon

zkylewd
well anivia is really op

remember those days lucian was really op and was in every game

if you told me most midlane matchups were anivialikes i'd be right behind you but that's not the case, at least you don't have to play against anivia every game

i'll definitely tell you that you won't have much more success playing leona than learning a bit of viktor or whatever

In ADC, you don't have to sit at tower all game even if you have the wrong matchup. A Vayne can easily duel a Sivir or Caitlyn from behind. With bullshit like Anivia, you try to fight her from behind she takes out half your health with only a catalyst.
I detect no lies. I find Taliyah can do the same, but she requires far more skill. her skillshot (the knockup) is actually hard to land depending on the opponent. Anivia's stun is slow but the aoe is ridiculously large.

But yea I think Taliyah's level 3 combo might be the most damaging of all the mid laners. It's like - 80% hp with a full Q. But nobody will say she feel like bullshit. Anivia on the other hand..

edit: just need 3 straight wins and back to gold. I think i'll do that tomorrow. Weird day of ups and downs.

zkylon

zkylewd
i hope they do some star guardian lux chromas

it just makes too much sense

I detect no lies. I find Taliyah can do the same, but she requires far more skill. her skillshot (the knockup) is actually hard to land depending on the opponent. Anivia's stun is slow but the aoe is ridiculously large.
the problem with anivia is that the champion is really dumb cos at 6 she just walks up to you e ults and chunks you out without even buying dmg

she probably should have some base dmg nerfs with ratio compensation just so if she's gonna do that she should at least not be able to do it with just a catalyst

But yea I think Taliyah's level 3 combo might be the most damaging of all the mid laners. It's like - 80% hp with a full Q. But nobody will say she feel like bullshit. Anivia on the other hand..
that's really not true lol, a full taliyah q at no point in the game will deal 80% of ur hp lol

her burst comes from the w->e combo, not from q

q is mostly a way to apply rylais and a waveclear tool

Okay here's basically how it works. They pick Yasuo or Zed. I pick Kayle, smash Yasuo/Zed win game by 20 minutes, that's fine.

They pick Anivia, I sit under tower all game as Kayle, if other lanes win I win if other lanes lose I lose.

So basically my only option is, learn champions with strong waveclear or don't play mid.

This is basically the reason I really dislike mid.

So... it's fine when you have a favourable matchup, but otherwise not? It's not like picking a mid with waveclear is a super restrictive requirement, lol. And you don't even like playing Kayle in the first place? I'm not understanding your dilemma here.

Newt

I should just dodge when I get mid.
e7ec3008c854ec31c462c6c5cbe64f4d.png

that's really not true lol, a full taliyah q at no point in the game will deal 80% of ur hp lol

he's saying her level 3 full combo does like 80%

so W -> E -> full Q hit

it's not far off.

Idunno man. I've gotten up to mastery 7 with Taliyah chuking people. 80% is pretty accurate if you land W --> E --> full Q. This is one of the few things I'm very comfortable talking about at this point. Happy to demonstrate in a lobby if you like. Her burst doesn't come from W -> E. It comes from W -> E -> Q on unworked ground. That's about 80% against all but the tankiest of midlaners.

Xeilyn

Man ive been watching alot of LCS and riot really needs to do some big changes to shake up the meta. I havent played long so i dont know how these things work or what needs to be done but its rather boring seeing the same picks every game.

Maybe the suggested ban increase should be looked at more?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm trying to get back into League but these queue times are completely unacceptable. Used to be 1-2 mins max, now I'm sitting in normal lobbies for 10+. What in the world. Ranked matches take next to no time to get into, basically the opposite of how it should be.

Welp.........at least I am seeing teemo mids destroying bot..

I lost btw, morgana decided to buy solari after 8 deaths, she was trying to build armor on her

Man ive been watching alot of LCS and riot really needs to do some big changes to shake up the meta. I havent played long so i dont know how these things work or what needs to be done but its rather boring seeing the same picks every game.

Maybe the suggested ban increase should be looked at more?

Definitely a ban increase and changing how the draft works, as well as taking out trading.

When everyone bans upfront, and the first person always picks that 'one really op pick for their team' without worrying about team comp or the opponents team comp is really stupid.

zkylon

zkylewd
you should get kpop skin for ahri noot

zzz so hard to win when your supp is trash.
gj!

newt build a fkn abyssal lol.
yea abyssal -> morellos rush is pretty good on ahri

he's saying her level 3 full combo does like 80%

so W -> E -> full Q hit

it's not far off.
Idunno man. I've gotten up to mastery 7 with Taliyah chuking people. 80% is pretty accurate if you land W --> E --> full Q. This is one of the few things I'm very comfortable talking about at this point. Happy to demonstrate in a lobby if you like. Her burst doesn't come from W -> E. It comes from W -> E -> Q on unworked ground. That's about 80% against all but the tankiest of midlaners.
oh right, sorry, i read ur post as only q dealing 80% of ur life and that was kind of crazytalk

also taliyah's combo deals a ton of dmg but i wouldn't say she's that strong at lvl 3. she has a ton of burst but her followup isn't really there, w and e have super long cooldowns and the whole combo is just hard to set up. chasing is also kind of hard since it's hard to get a full q unless the enemy midlaner is being dumb and it's gonna be hard getting some more off worked ground q's

compared to someone like cassiopeia that can just chase u forever, or even someone like syndra who can do her combo and walk out without receiving any dmg, taliyah's kind of risky and not that effective, specially since the other mid is gonna have ignite while you most likely have tp

Would rather have more Star Guardian skins instead. I want that Star Guardian Jinx to be a reality.

Also...
Sailor Jupiter > Everyone else
why not both?

Talents

Banned
Alright. Time to play a ranked game to stop myself decaying after barely playing at all this month. This is gonna go so well.

Reivaxe

If those Kennen buffs go through I think I'll give him another try. My ONLY problem with him is that IDK how to build him in a way that gives him good Wave Clear. Even late game it take almost max CDR to clear a Minion wave fast with EW .. and you have to W twice.

I hate you guys, I hate you , OMG an unranked Warwick..... why is he on silver

Getting paired people who play amazing but gets super angry on everyone

Top Bottom