• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Nemesis is awful, you get the same set of champions again and again every game and 80% of the time someone will dodge just before the game starts after a lengthy selection process. For a fun-mode, it's no fun at all

I love it only because people tend to give me champs that they think I couldn't use or just isn't good.

Like this one game where somebody gave me Taliyah, where I pretty much destroyed everyone. Felt good.

Also, I had played Jayce in that mode for the first time. I did pretty damn well, I think mostly just because I had fun with him.

Why must the IP grind be so terrible!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
iTu7kO2.jpg

this game was pretty much a race between me and jinx to see who could carry their team harder

won with support singed

victories with:

support yasuo
support yi
support mundo
support singed
support gangplank
smite roaming support nunu
support kalista

the whole "don't focus the tank!" mentality is so fucking annoying. People just let these Maokais and Trundles run amok when they overextend and we could kill them easily or at least chunk them out of the fight.

Calvero

Banned

isn't the combo to summon tibbers on the third stack then use W on the 4th stack for the stun so that new Tibbers passive takes effect

the whole "don't focus the tank!" mentality is so fucking annoying. People just let these Maokais and Trundles run amok when they overextend and we could kill them easily or at least chunk them out of the fight.

oh man. i love it when people say that when the tank is right on top of you and you're trying to kite but the rest of your team is ignoring you and not peeling the tank off you and then you get blamed

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
isn't the combo to summon tibbers on the third stack then use W on the 4th stack for the stun so that new Tibbers passive takes effect

oh man. i love it when people say that when the tank is right on top of you and you're trying to kite but the rest of your team is ignoring you and not peeling the tank off you and then you get blamed

i never play annie so you're probably right, that sounds like it'd make sense

Calvero

Banned
i never play annie so you're probably right, that sounds like it'd make sense

trying to think of it some more and how i've seen it being used. i still see the tibbers come out on the 4rth stack. not sure why it's more prevalent. can anyone else chime in here?

is it because it's more reliable burst to stun with tibbers and then throw in your W and Q?

Ketch

finally got a match where nobody went afk or 0/65/0

S rank involvment on leona. Praise the sun.

Sight stone is OP, infinite wards for 800 gold. Dota could learn a thing or two.

also, what does everybody like xin zhao he's so generic and boring. Of all the options he chose "man with spear".

trying to think of it some more and how i've seen it being used. i still see the tibbers come out on the 4rth stack. not sure why it's more prevalent. can anyone else chime in here?

is it because it's more reliable burst to stun with tibbers and then throw in your W and Q?

Stunning with tibbers is better because its instant, it guarantees you can cast Q and W and hit with em.

Not using tibbers for stun seems bad.

lol, Nemesis Draft can be amazing. It's the best feeling when they give you Janna, Soraka, Nami, Lulu and Nunu and then you stomp them in the most painful way imaginable.

"you guys like your champs? LOL"

"GG"

"ff@20?"

All chat went silent after first blood.

Calvero

Banned
lol, Nemesis Draft can be amazing. It's the best feeling when they give you Janna, Soraka, Nami, Lulu and Nunu and then you stomp them in the most painful way imaginable.

"you guys like your champs? LOL"

"GG"

"ff@20?"

All chat went silent after first blood.

I remember the only time i played nemesis draft. I drafted them a support. Then the next person drafted an adc. mmm...ok. then the next guy drafted an adc and the next drafted a support. the last guy drafted a mid laner. one of the most frustrating sessions of league ever. worse than last season when i went to bronze 5.

killatopak

Gold Member
also, what does everybody like xin zhao he's so generic and boring. Of all the options he chose "man with spear".

He was born in a time when League was a simple game with simple mechanics. He was hella OP back then like 60% win rate on release I think. It was also the time when they released one to two champs a week. You'd be surprised if they made a decent high mechanical kit back then. He'll be reworked sooner or later but it'll be after they rework certain champs that really need one like WW, Yorick, Aatrox( pls my first main), and Galio.

Edit: Forgot fucking Urgot. I wrote him off my mind.

Leezard

He was born in a time when League was a simple game with simple mechanics. He was hella OP back then like 60% win rate on release I think. It was also the time when they released one to two champs a week. You'd be surprised if they made a decent high mechanical kit back then. He'll be reworked sooner or later but it'll be after they rework certain champs that really need one like WW, Yorick, Aatrox( pls my first main), and Galio.

Edit: Forgot fucking Urgot. I wrote him off my mind.

They didn't release one to two champs a week, but they did release one champ every two weeks. That's still a lot though, and yeah, they were generally really simple and not very thought through.

Don't focus the Nautilus who has literal seconds of CC to just give out to everyone! Run past him and his depth charge, passive, e, and Q to hit his backline!

Oh yeah, re: nemesis draft. My first game someone gave the enemy team Warwick, which is fine on its own. But he got fed and was going the Bloodrazer route for jungle so he hit like a truck. At some point we wiped most of the enemy team, so we start up Baron. The 1-2 remaining people come to stop us and we chase them off and kill it. By now, Warwick has respawned so 4/5 members of my team (including myself) make the Judgment call that it isn't safe. Fiddle, though, continues trying to kill Baron solo. Literally the entire rest of the team is pinging him back. The entire team. He dies to Baron (surprise), says 'this team dont want to fking help' and quits. I just. I mean. a;sldkfj

They didn't release one to two champs a week, but they did release one champ every two weeks. That's still a lot though, and yeah, they were generally really simple and not very thought through.

I still remember when Trundle and Cass were released close together

Forgot which champ it was(Cass most likely?) but the game was down for days, it was so glitchy

Leezard

I still remember when Trundle and Cass were released close together

Forgot which champ it was(Cass most likely?) but the game was down for days, it was so glitchy

I don't remember if something happened with Cass, but after Yorick got released there were a lot of problems.

Leezard

Yorick has nothing on Leona. The Leona patch basically made the game unplayable for a month.

I got huge framerate problems on my old laptop around the Yorick/Leona time. I quit the game for over a year during that time, only to return in the last month of season 2.

Shoutouts to Kled designer Harrow, the last person to have to QA his champion for Yorick ult bugs, which I can imagine were plentiful considering Kled's health bars :/

Now that you mention it, what the fuck happens to Kled if he gets turned into a ghost by Morde or Yorick? If he gets damaged enough does he lose Skaarl anyways?
I got huge framerate problems on my old laptop around the Yorick/Leona time. I quit the game for over a year during that time, only to return in the last month of season 2.
If I played draft back then Karthus would never make it out of bans. Those were dark days.

Now that you mention it, what the fuck happens to Kled if he gets turned into a ghost by Morde or Yorick? If he gets damaged enough does he lose Skaarl anyways?

If I played draft back then Karthus would never make it out of bans. Those were dark days.

Remember when Karthus had a glitch where he would stay undead forever

I remember Malphite had a bug with his ult where, after using it, very rarely you lost control of him completely. You could still use skills and recall...maybe dying wouldve fixed it but I recalled before that happened >_>

drawkcaB

guys how far can i get only playing kindred

You can get to diamond playing any champion. That's a fact. There's Urgot OTPs in diamond, so the idea that a competent champion like Kindred can't get your there is fucking dumb.

Regarding straight statistics, Kindred's win rate vs. games played scaling is still among the highest for any jungler as the number of games goes up. Her best rune combination (ArPen reds, AS blues, choice yellows, AS quints) give her a win rate approaching 60%.

If you're willing to put the time in, and learn how to max out the champion (best runes, masteries, builds) then there's nothing stopping you from doing well with her.

Open up op.gg and look at the champion you want to play. Take a good look at how other players' runes, masteries, and core item builds.

You gotta believe.

Top Bottom