• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm normally told I look pretty young! People thought I was going for undergrad!

Wukong too stronk something something forgot how to play SR something something

JesseZao

On a Shyvana kick recently. Been doing the steal red/b/tele at start for going top and just counter-jungling when I'm on j duty. So strong.

On topic: I'll agree with the "you don't look 18 group" and also say congrats!

Ferrio

Banned
Thanks for this Ferrio. (First time)
x96kK.jpg

Too bad our Brand was a complete asshole who abandoned our team and got himself killed multiple times...

Awesome.

red13th

Was this posted itt?

I guess Koreans are finally starting to get sick of StarCraft II and Fifa Online 2, because League of Legends (LoL) has made its way to the top spot in e-sports tournaments, replacing StarCraft II. Professional broadcasters as well as sponsors are now supporting LoL, which may be an effort to improve stagnating expansion of e-sports.

Korean cable television company, Ongamenet (OGN), showed its support by becoming an official sponsor at the Yongsan e-sports stadium. Starting March 21, OGN will show live, twice weekly broadcasts of League of Legends tournaments with 16 participating teams from Korea, USA, and Europe. The winning prize money of these tournaments will be 2 billion won (about US$ 1.8 million).

Honestly, I have to say this is great news, if only to dispel the stereotype that if you're Korean and you like video games, you must play Starcraft. Starcraft isn't some kind of digital kimchi on which Korean gamers subsist. I've never beaten the original Starcraft, which seems to amuse some people. Then, I say I'm Korean-American, and they realize I was being serious.

League of Legends, the free-to-play DOTA/MOBA (Defense of the Ancients/Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) game from California-based developer Riot Games, is expected to soon reach 200,000 concurrent users in South Korea.

The game launched its Korean servers just three months ago, when it picked up 300,000 registered users in a day. If League of Legends does reach 200,000 concurrent users, it would be the first non-MMORPG to do so in the country since FIFA Online in 2007.

That's pretty nice for Riot, they are cool people.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Was this posted itt?

That's pretty nice for Riot, they are cool people.
I saw it earlier, but didn't post it because of the inaccuracies in the original Kotaku article. League of Legends has seen a lot of grown in Korea since it launched, but that isn't really news.

The prize pool number Kotaku is reporting is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off. Starcraft 2 also, from my understanding, has yet to really take off in Korea. Brood War is still way bigger than SC2.

MultiCore

LoL-GAF: Which server is closest to Afghanistan? EU-Nordic/East, right?

Because I can't get pings under 500ms, which is so painful compared to the 18ms I'm used to... (sob)

Riot: I need an offline server/LAN server/client.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
theres a cap?

Yeah one of the annoying things about games like this is there are caps on virtually everything, but the game doesn't actually tell you that. You can really waste a build especially if you're a new player over stacking things. I'm just not sure of an elegant way to present this sort of info to people.

MultiCore

Yeah one of the annoying things about games like this is there are caps on virtually everything, but the game doesn't actually tell you that. You can really waste a build especially if you're a new player over stacking things. I'm just not sure of an elegant way to present this sort of info to people.

How about a red tooltip that pops up in the shop when the item will put you over a particular cap?

Ferrio

Banned

Attack and move speed are the only things I think that are capped.

Somax

In these days me and my ranked team buddies are going for a lightly unusual team composition, with bot lane Urgot (me) + Alistar and jungle Fiora.
We are on a 2/0 streak for now, since a well fed jungle Fiora does a metric fuckton of damage, and me and Alistar can set up nice ganks.
For once, I'm not bitter after playing lol...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Attack and move speed are the only things I think that are capped.
Move speed only has soft caps as far as I know. Even if you stack it you'll keep gaining benefits from it, but you get diminishing returns the higher it gets.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, there was that silly Rammus video with a bunch of buffs stacked on him. Even with just ghost and powerball in dominion, I seem to recall you can get upwards of 800 movespeed.

Ferrio

Banned
do you think lux will ever get buffed. or does roit just ignore older charcters?

She just got some buffs, small ones. Also she's fine as she is... she's hybrid caster/support. Doing massive amounts of damage isn't her thing, if that's what your'e looking for you need another AP.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
She's not a carry either, she's in the same bucket as lux. AP/Support. Though she's better since she's a meta breaker, and her support skills are a lot better.

i was gonna buy xerath but honestly fiora starting to look better all the time. just went 20/2/9 with her before i left my house. but i wanna wait till after she is nurfed before picking anything.

Flare

By the way polymorph is exactly what you probably guessed it to be:
Pacified - The target cannot attack or cast spells, minor cosmetic slow due to decreased model size.

No weird damage interactions here - Just a cheap way to communicate 'Hey, you can't do anything offensive now - please enjoy running around defenseless for a while.'

They still have full control of movement though - so they can scurry around.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=22045973#post22045973

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom