• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you do as a bruiser top against an AD? I had to lane against Kog'maw on Irelia and couldn't get anywhere near to last hit. He could even bomb me when I was sitting at tower.

I think the solution was to switch lanes with Ashe who was laning against a Poppy and also getting owned, but what's the general strategy?

Ferrio

Banned
What do you do as a bruiser top against an AD? I had to lane against Kog'maw on Irelia and couldn't get anywhere near to last hit. He could even bomb me when I was sitting at tower.

I think the solution was to switch lanes with Ashe who was laning against a Poppy and also getting owned, but what's the general strategy?

Armor (and maybe some MR since kog is hybrid). Kog has no sustain, and you're irelia... you should of had no issue.

Entwain

Bunch of times vs ad you just have to realize, you out damage them before they are farmed, if your jungle shows up for one gank and you either force them back, or better yet kill them, then you have a HUGE advantage over them. Invest in a ward after and you are golden.

ElectraStar

Haha I thought the same thing, if you replace "is crying tears of joy" with "pooped a little"

Also, LoL asked the following question on their FB page:
"What type of mage would you like to see on the fields of justice?"

I normally don't read the comments - lots of them involved zombies or controlling an enemy champ - but this one made me lawl:
"Lawyer Mage with the power to subpoena and charge outlandish fees. His Ult? It steals 1/4-1/3-1/2 of the opposing champions gold."
phoenix-wright-objection.jpg

Could you picture this dude on Summoner's Rift? I sure as hell can!

EXGN

It sounds like your issue may have been giving him too much free harass on you - did you sit at the edge of his AA range and take shots from him every once in a while? Kog will win long exchanges where he gets to keeps popping you and you don't do anything back.

As Irelia, you need to jump in on him and just beat him down. He won't win exchanges, especially not early game. Just don't let him sit back and take pot shots on you.

With this, TheRainMan has decided to step off the main team and former Epik Gamer's Dyrus will be in his stead. This decision was made in full acceptance of all members and RainMan will continue to stream for SoloMid and stay in the gaming house.

TRM is a solid player, maybe a bit inconsistent but he always seemed to do alright to me. I don't know if this is something that's been a long time coming, but it seems odd to ditch him after Hannover. Reggie and the Odd One definitely seemed like the weak links at the tournament. Honestly, I'm not sure Dyrus is a good replacement...

Solo queue normal like usual, jungling as Udyr. Our Cass actually watched over a jungle entrance and leashed both wolves and blue for me, and he/she wasn't even talking. I normally don't even bother to ask for a leash since I don't often get one.

I wish more players were like that one, except the not-talking part.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Passive till level 3, assuming you are both full health, you will win all exchange. At level 4 you will out right destroy him.

Solo queue normal like usual, jungling as Udyr. Our Cass actually watched over a jungle entrance and leashed both wolves and blue for me, and he/she wasn't even talking. I normally don't even bother to ask for a leash since I don't often get one.

I wish more players were like that one, except the not-talking part.

I honestly always have people leash for me without me having to ask. No idea why they wouldn't because if it isn't Ashe all it takes away is one auto-attack (Ashe will have her crit taken away). Most of the times I'll have the support sitting next to me if I'm at the topside's blue.

SUP LADIES

I GOT INTO STANFORD

WOOT

Congrats dude! College will definitely take some serious time out of your schedule, I basically had to stop playing games for the first month before I got all my shit together and figured out when I could squeeze it in. Make sure to enjoy the social and academic benefits of college, both are equally important in my mind.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So big news... TSM is changing their lineup.
http://www.solomid.net/forums/index.php?/topic/21787-team-solomid-announces-roster-change/

about time they ditched Rainman honestly.
Well this is nice. Now Dyrus won't be stuck with EG, where it seems like only he and Nhat actually care about their play.

I'll always remember that video of Rainman just laying down in the street and rolling around in a puddle though. Baylife, etc, etc.
TRM is a solid player, maybe a bit inconsistent but he always seemed to do alright to me. I don't know if this is something that's been a long time coming, but it seems odd to ditch him after Hannover. Reggie and the Odd One definitely seemed like the weak links at the tournament. Honestly, I'm not sure Dyrus is a good replacement...
I don't think I caught much if any of TSM at Hannover, but TOO and Reggie are both typically pretty phenomenal players who can have a massive impact on the game. I have never felt that way about TRM.

AcridMeat

Banned
For top lane:

Summoners- Flash/Ignite.
Skill Order- W->Q->E R>Q>E>W
Runes: AD quints, ARpen reds, MR scaling blues, flat armor yellows
Masteries: Usual AD stuff. Get 9 in defensive, get the health boost.

Items: (don't get latern when top laning with her, just buy wards)
-Start with boots/pots.
-When you go back snag a doran (or two if you can afford).
-Boots into merc treads or ninja tabi mattering on your toplane matchup (and overall opponent composition). Though you wanna dominate top, so think about counterign who you're up against.
-Brutalizer
-Vamp Scepter.
-BF sword->IE

From here you need to prioritize these 3 items:

-Finishing Bloodthirster
-Last Whisper
-Guardian Angel.

If you're dominating a bloodthirster is a good pick. If they're stacking armor get your whisper. Getting guardian first of these might not be a good pick, but you never know.

After those sell your brutalizer and get a situational item.

For Jungle:

Pretty much the same thing, except get a wriggles first instead of dorans.

Your laning should go like this:

Play passive until lvl 3. You can't do anything until you got all 3 of those. At this point try to get them to push the lane. Fiora last hits under tower very very well due to her W's AD, plus any doran blades you picked up. If your opponent is even the least bit squishy or not a hard counter (panth, olaf, irelia), you wanna start to harass. Stay behind your creep wave and try to bait them to use their skills (riven using her dash, or gp his parley whatever) so when you do harass you don't get traded as hard. Activate your E, use your Q to dash in on them and start autoing them, hit W if they go to auto attack. If they run chase with your remaining Q. After your E's attack speed has worn off, run away. The movement bonus you get from it should let you get away safely. At lvl 6 you wanna try and secure a kill with your ult. Hopefully you've gotton them low from your harass at this point, go in for one final harass+ult.

As for her ult, NEVER NEVER NEVER lead the fight with it. Always use it to finish an enemy off, tower dive them, or to heal yourself up/Avoid Damage.

If you manage to get a kill early game, you're going to snowball hard. If you get first blood you've pretty much secured the lane unless they start hard countering.

Helpful hints.

-Exhaust is your enemy. Never use your ult if you've been exhausted.
-Ninja tabi is your enemy. An opponent with ninja tabi is a big big big reduction to your damage.
-Any character with blocking abilities (fiora, panth, jax). They can block the first (and biggest damaging hit) of your ult. Try to use your ult when they're unable to block it (their ability on cooldown).
-Pick your fights carefully. In team fights always hang back far away from the action. Your Q can get you into the fight very quick, but you don't wanna be near the fight during the first initiation. Let people trade a few blows then go in.
Thanks for this Ferrio. (First time)
x96kK.jpg

Too bad our Brand was a complete asshole who abandoned our team and got himself killed multiple times...

XeroSauce

sLt3Z.jpg

Graves went top against me, got destroyed. I got ganked by Lee Sin maybe 14 times. As I was Q'ing away from my gank, all my abilities grayed out except for teleport, as if I was silenced. I couldn't E, flash, anything. Couldn't even blue pill. I decide to reconnect.

I reconnect and Fiora has caught up, my team is behind and Graves has destroyed my tower. But their team...they were just bad. Just horrible. We caught up easily and Graves began to troll, thanking us for dying and giving him random jungle monsters (though he was doing this all game).

Eventually we grab baron and start fooling around in their base, grabbing kills and destroying towers. Veigar began to literally insta-gib everyone on their team. Their Fiora would come in, ult, and then run back to base until it was up again.

VALKYRAY

Banned
SUP LADIES

I GOT INTO STANFORD

WOOT

for grad school? your avatar looks too mature for undergrad

anyways congrats

dont play too much video games, I wanted to go to med school, but I played too much video games in college, now i got stuck with a bachelors degree in biology, learn my lesson

Wrekt

Just got out of a quick win-of-the-day match with the worst Annie I think I've ever seen. He kept dying and saying "I don't know what the hell I am doing wrong." I watched him while I was moving back from base and he would drop tibbers on himself and then walk towards his opponent. I asked him wtf he was doing and he said "it has too short of a range so I walk Tibbers to the enemy, duh."

Never play at 6:30 am on a weekday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom