• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectraStar

The girls always like the pyro! </stereotypical TF2>

The pyro is cool though. There's a community thread and a NeoGAF TF2 server -- if you find whatever Steam group it is, they typically send out invites and fill up the server in the evenings. Drop by some time!

lol I didn't realize that was a stereotype. I just love sneaking in from the side when they are all clumped up in payload; it's so satisfying!

Blizzard

Banned
lol I didn't realize that was a stereotype. I just love sneaking in from the side when they are all clumped up in payload; it's so satisfying!
Well it may not REALLY be, everyone loves pyros (except spies). One TF2 joke is that the pyro is a girl, though, and of course Valve never confirms it either way. They'll do stuff like have promotional website pages about the pyro randomly say either "he" or "she" when you refresh the page.

On an on-topic note, my normal ELO is apparently higher than I'd expect, especially since I'm -50. It's tough to know what teams did wrong sometimes, though. I know draft pick is supposed to be the way to go, but even so, people pick champions they're good at, and sometimes you end up against enemy champion combinations that just seem really good together.

XeroSauce

Does it tell you your ELO from the beginning? Or does it just calculate it from the point at which you downloaded the program?
The old client used to let you see those kind of stats on your most used champions, but then they got rid of that. Not too sure why.

http://lolmatches.com/download

Run it, play one match, and it will tell you your ELO, keep playing, and it'll show you statistics of your games and change in ELO etc.

AcridMeat

Banned
No sad face, you beautiful butterfly, you -- we're above 1000!
FUCK YEAHHH BAD GAF REPRESENT!!!

Also, I just picked up TF2 (I know, I'm WAY BEHIND on that wagon). I'm getting my ass kicked but it's really goofy and fun... Pyros are the best!

:33

Pyro is the best, especially with the brainslug. Man now I kind of want to play TF2. Most recent grag-man 12/2/15 yeeeeehawwwwww

Boken

Banned
O god not again
normal_freeblitz.png

Blizzard

Banned
O god not again
Closely related is the "blitz grab somebody" followed by "wait you just grabbed amumu/galio" maneuver.

Also, does anyone have a hard counter to Irelia top? Once again I disgraced the name of Riven by failing horribly to lane against her -- well, I mean I killed her with the jungler, and tried not to take down the tower immediately by leaving it with a bit of health, and it probably went down at the 12-15 minute mark, but she was an excellent farmer and got a bunch more kills. By the time Irelia gets triforce, it seems that her stun is so much longer than Riven's (singly/doubly reduced) stun, so Riven has no chance of 1v1'ing, and farmed Irelia getting kills seems like more of a big deal than Riven getting into a teamfight, since Irelia goes tankier and is more immune to CC.

Ferrio

Banned
Closely related is the "blitz grab somebody" followed by "wait you just grabbed amumu/galio" maneuver.

Also, does anyone have a hard counter to Irelia top? Once again I disgraced the name of Riven by failing horribly to lane against her -- well, I mean I killed her with the jungler, and tried not to take down the tower immediately by leaving it with a bit of health, and it probably went down at the 12-15 minute mark, but she was an excellent farmer and got a bunch more kills. By the time Irelia gets triforce, it seems that her stun is so much longer than Riven's (singly/doubly reduced) stun, so Riven has no chance of 1v1'ing, and farmed Irelia getting kills seems like more of a big deal than Riven getting into a teamfight, since Irelia goes tankier and is more immune to CC.

You wait till tomorrow when she's nerfed.

red13th

You pray she is deleted from the game.

ElectraStar

If anyone's interested in grinding
(for IP via dominion games)
with me and SouthernDragon, we will be on at 9PM this evening.

Must....have...squirrel...transforming...champion...!

So is Shen getting nerf'd or what? I solo'd top as a Talon. Despite me building pure damage and him building pure tank he out damaged me! One taunt combo and i was at half health.

Blizzard

Banned
So is Shen getting nerf'd or what? I solo'd top as a Talon. Despite me building pure damage and him building pure tank he out damaged me! One taunt combo and i was at half health.
That's what Shen does to squishy people, I think. :/ Maybe if you built a defensive item or two you'd be in a better state, but I suspect he'll still come out ahead of that matchup. I get the impression that like Yorick and Olaf, he is a top lane choice that is hard to really counter.

And for you IP farmer people, I have like 10,000 IP banked up. I'm ready for Lulu! *feels Goodman*

XeroSauce

You need to shut her down before Level 5, 7, or 9 (Generally when they are the most aggressive). You need to shut her face down and keep that bitch in the dirt. Don't let her farm. Don't let her roam. She has to be on a god damn leash if you want to late game with her.

The other option is hard push them and force a early surrender. Late game Irelia beats late game Riven no matter what, so you gotta be teh babysitter during early game and use your advantage whenever possible.

Zone her. She wants to com in for a creep, you stun and dash for the inevitable dash/stun. She wants to go aggressive, you stun before she can and save the Q for bouncing around her Q. She wants to roam, fuck no, you buy a pink at 10 minutes to watch their blue and not give them any vision if she does decide to ward baron. You occasionally go mid and push the tower, or tele to dragon, but that's it. Top lane is your duty, and you have no one else to rely on to shut Irelia down.

Ferrio

Banned
Holy shit the maw... I was so happy for the item before. Now I look at it and notice the "UNIQUE Passive: +1 Attack Damage for every 2.5% of your Maximum Health that is missing.". Ugh another metagolem item.

Volimar

Holy shit the maw... I was so happy for the item before. Now I look at it and notice the "UNIQUE Passive: +1 Attack Damage for every 2.5% of your Maximum Health that is missing.". Ugh another metagolem item.

The worst part is going to be the acronym jokes that we're going to have to live with.

MoM is OP

Stacking MoM

something something MoM something something backdoor...

Edit - Those consumable name changes. Is there a Runeterra holiday coming up? The Lore has been completely left behind.

XeroSauce

That was the biggest part of the controversy surrounding it...to be honest did we really need that item in the game or did Riot throw it in just to satisfy the refferal?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
"Metagolem" hasn't been an optimal build for a long time now. If people still use it they are way behind the times.
These are missing things/incomplete. I think Vorpal Blade's cooldown went up a second for example.

brian!

Mask of Madness in Dota never really got joked around about too much, if you're afraid of that.

Moar AP on blitz grab = more funny pull deaths, irelia nerf aint so bad (I thought they were getting rid of lifesteal when the skill wasn't activated),

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Okay so they replaced Warmogs with a Frozen Mallet. My point still stands.
Frozen Mallet was always considered a piece of the metagolem, so it doesn't replace Warmogs. Triforce is also showing up less and less on champions who want to be tanky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom