• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Played a game yesterday bot as Lux supporting. Game was going fine, hit a lot of skills shots until I glance at what other people are doing. The other team doesn't have a jungler, so there is a 2v1 top, our Renekton is actually winning! I look mid, their Morde has 260 CS at 18min. Seriously the highest CS I've ever seen on any hero that early. Apparently he had been farming lane and all of the jungle at the same time some how. Our mid was laughing at him for always "missing" lane XP and then we yelled at him for being an idiot (his bad playing really lost us the game in the long run).

Still I'll never see a CS that high ever again I doubt.
I think the only time I've ever gotten an infinity edge before 20 minutes may have been when I rushed it with Ashe and her free gold ability. Farming is hard. :(

Side note, about yorick being frustrating top, there didn't seem to be much I could do against him even with cho. I kept driving him back, kept farming the lane, held my turret, but basically the instant I teleported bottom lane to get a kill and an assist, he immediately pushed all the way through the lane and took the turret down right then. It was heartbreaking.

I may have also outfarmed his creeps in the long term, but even a 6-stack cho'gath with tank items can't stand up to him 1v1 if cho gets within his slow range, apparently, so once again I found myself in the situation where a farmed yorick seemed more of a big deal than my farmed top lane champion. Granted, that game other lanes had been feeding (like 0/8 or 1/7 lux mid), so it wasn't like we were going to win any teamfights to begin with.

I think that was ALSO the solo queue really low ELO ranked game where the other team managed to coordinate four heal summoner spells, further guaranteeing we would never win a teamfight. Who does that. ;_;

Volimar

I think the only time I've ever gotten an infinity edge before 20 minutes may have been when I rushed it with Ashe and her free gold ability. Farming is hard. :(

Side note, about yorick being frustrating top, there didn't seem to be much I could do against him even with cho. I kept driving him back, kept farming the lane, held my turret, but basically the instant I teleported bottom lane to get a kill and an assist, he immediately pushed all the way through the lane and took the turret down right then. It was heartbreaking.

I may have also outfarmed his creeps in the long term, but even a 6-stack cho'gath with tank items can't stand up to him 1v1 if cho gets within his slow range, apparently, so once again I found myself in the situation where a farmed yorick seemed more of a big deal than my farmed top lane champion. Granted, that game other lanes had been feeding (like 0/8 or 1/7 lux mid), so it wasn't like we were going to win any teamfights to begin with.

I think that was ALSO the solo queue really low ELO ranked game where the other team managed to coordinate four heal summoner spells, further guaranteeing we would never win a teamfight. Who does that. ;_;

It use to feel so satisfying to come back from shopping with a BF sword when your opponent only has like sapphire crystal and level 1 boots...

XeroSauce

Fuck I still can't believe this nerf to Janna. Laning phase is even worse now. Wow. Wow.

Like holy shit, Lulu's shield works the same way. Lulu gives her AD a psuedo on hit effect to their auto attacks with a shield. fuck t

Apologies. I didn't know Riot did that.

Blizzard

Banned
Regarding Janna shield, people have already complained about Nautilus coming out and kinda being a better Sejuani, almost immediately after people spent 6300 IP on Sejuani. Has Sejuani even been changed at all?

Also regarding Janna shield, I think I've lost the last 3 or so games when I've had a Janna supporting on my team, and a common factor may have been that she was laning against a support that had a heal -- the heal seems to outheal Janna's lack of heal.

Volimar

Regarding Janna shield, people have already complained about Nautilus coming out and kinda being a better Sejuani, almost immediately after people spent 6300 IP on Sejuani. Has Sejuani even been changed at all?

Also regarding Janna shield, I think I've lost the last 3 or so games when I've had a Janna supporting on my team, and a common factor may have been that she was laning against a support that had a heal -- the heal seems to outheal Janna's lack of heal.

I think everyone saw her played to death at IEM etc. and now everyone has her figured out. I feel like her 15 minutes are almost up.

Ferrio

Banned

Sej hasn't been touched.

Cho won't win the lane, but neither will yorick. It's just a stalemate lane. These's very little way to push yorick out of lane. Only chance you really have is if you have a champion that can fuck him up before he gets his tear, even then it's a hard task. Pretty much you just have to shut down their AD, which makes yorick near useless end game.

Blizzard

Banned
Cho won't win the lane, but neither will yorick. It's just a stalemate lane. These's very little way to push yorick out of lane. Only chance you really have is if you have a champion that can fuck him up before he gets his tear, even then it's a hard task. Pretty much you just have to shut down their AD, which makes yorick near useless end game.
Yorick won the lane because I ganked bottom for teleport kill and assist, so I guess the problem there was that we lost someone bottom lane and didn't quickly try to kill their tower in exchange (we might have gone for dragon or something).

The AD carry is a good point, but it still seems like a farmed Yorick is strong enough to 1v1 (possibly 1v2) most people in the game, unless it's super late game, since there is no way they can cancel the sustained lifesteal for a continued fight, no way to run from the fight due to sustained long-range slow ghouls, and no way to survive the fight if it is close due to Yorick ulting himself. I suppose a farmed AD carry with bloodthirster might have a chance if they had 600+ damage crits and high attack speed, or a fed AP carry could stun and burst him long enough to run away.

Slouisk

Neo Member
Played a game yesterday bot as Lux supporting. Game was going fine, hit a lot of skills shots until I glance at what other people are doing. The other team doesn't have a jungler, so there is a 2v1 top, our Renekton is actually winning! I look mid, their Morde has 260 CS at 18min. Seriously the highest CS I've ever seen on any hero that early. Apparently he had been farming lane and all of the jungle at the same time some how. Our mid was laughing at him for always "missing" lane XP and then we yelled at him for being an idiot (his bad playing really lost us the game in the long run).

Still I'll never see a CS that high ever again I doubt.

He actually had about 215 20 minutes in. The max you can have at 20 minutes is 240.

Ken

Played a game as Lulu and she was pretty fun to use! I'm still a beginner at LoL so I have no idea how viable she is competitiively, but I enjoyed going around poofing my teammates into giants.

Also, I love her walking animation when W is used on herself.

y2dvd

He actually had about 215 20 minutes in. The max you can have at 20 minutes is 240.

Now that I think about it, Morde not having a jungler kinda gave him an advantage. Clear mid creep wave, go to jungle and clear camps. I was unfortunately too weak to stop him and that Viktor never followed him. Morde outleveled us by 6 like mid way through the game. @_@

Just played two straight games bottom lane against Lulu. My thoughts:

1.) Her early game is very, very strong. She does a lot of damage and what throws me off is that it's AP damage, which my rune setup isn't really made to handle.

2.) Her shield is great, I had a rough time winning trades because of that spell alone.

3.) Polymorph is a pain in the ass.

4.) She drops off a ton late game, her ult does not offer that much utility. However, if you dominate your lane early with her, it won't matter much.

Einbroch

Banned
4.) She drops off a ton late game, her ult does not offer that much utility. However, if you dominate your lane early with her, it won't matter much.

I think her ultimate is amazing and can completely turn around team fights. Tank or speedy bruiser runs in, pop it, it's over. Use it on someone near a chaneller, interrupted. The slow is nuts and the extra HP doesn't hurt. It also lasts forever.

I've played three games as Lulu today and I don't know how to play her. Pure support with shields, speed, and slows? Or a little more offensive throwing out Pix and nuking whenever I can? She'll settle into some role. She reminds me of Kayle a little.

Ferga

Hmm so i've found that lulu ulting the tanky bruisers who go into fights first is better than saving it up for saving your ad carry.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So has anyone played a melee character post patch that can comment on the idea of better attacks when chasing someone?

Did you notice a difference? Can you even tell anything's actually changed? I'm curious about this one.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Just played two straight games bottom lane against Lulu. My thoughts:

1.) Her early game is very, very strong. She does a lot of damage and what throws me off is that it's AP damage, which my rune setup isn't really made to handle.

2.) Her shield is great, I had a rough time winning trades because of that spell alone.

3.) Polymorph is a pain in the ass.

I laned with her an abused a taric and tf stun combo like there was no tommorow. The speed boost and morphing them kept them off base ever time our jungle nat came in we wrecked them. This was on top of the both of them roaming the map and keeping all lanes controlled. If she is played right GG getting past 25 minutes with a snowballed team.

New item is broke. Unsure how it plays for melees but I don't think once entire 2 years I've played this I've eaten tf, trundle, lux, and taric all at once and just shrugging it off. Even with life steal debuffs it wasn't enough for them to stop me especially conisdering I killed 3 of them in ten seconds or less.

Blizzard

Banned
New item is broke. Unsure how it plays for melees but I don't think once entire 2 years I've played this I've eaten tf, trundle, lux, and taric all at once and just shrugging it off. Even with life steal debuffs it wasn't enough for them to stop me especially conisdering I killed 3 of them in ten seconds or less.
What champion were you using the new item on?

Blizzard

Banned
I seem to recall being on a team that got owned by a mid-lane Tryndamere a few days ago. It's such luck of the draw to know what's going to happen. Some champions seem to be crushingly powerful on other teams, but when they're on my team they go like 1/8. >_>

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Guys like Trynd and Gangplank are good against certain mids. I know Tryndamere has been pulled out in tournaments to shut down Kassadin, for example, and GP should do well against Morgana.

Volimar

I feel like Riot is trying to encourage a new meta to evolve. We saw it a bit from m5 at hanover. Leave one person bot while the other (usually the support) ganks with the jungler. I feel like with Lulu, she can bot 1 v 2 in the early game to let the carry go with the jungler and gank mid or top.

Good news everyone, apparently the new elixirs are part of a special yordle holiday. Pray for new yordle skins!

And let us celebrate by all playing yordles.

Teemo, Trist, and Veigar are on sale, and so are some of their skins.

Before anyone says anything....yeah, free Tristana is "on sale". I wonder how many saps they'll get with that one.

Ferrio

Banned
People To Invite To Games Tonight
  • Ferrio

I thought AP ranged lanes countered her?

She has good burst, and with the new hex drinker and mr runes she can do pretty good I'm thinking. Hell I wanted to do it before she was released, but it seems people have tested it and it works pretty good.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I feel like Riot is trying to encourage a new meta to evolve. We saw it a bit from m5 at hanover. Leave one person bot while the other (usually the support) ganks with the jungler. I feel like with Lulu, she can bot 1 v 2 in the early game to let the carry go with the jungler and gank mid or top.
Seems like the wrong person is leaving the lane in that situation though.

LCGeek

formerly sane
What champion were you using the new item on?

Vayne buddy she is my bread and butter ranged ad for the moment. Here's a shot of the second game where I almost did the full build. While it's situational a warmongs, full bloodrazor, or a veil were my intent.

VayneMawTest.jpg

This was for about 30 something minutes of our team rough housing the other side. While it was heated mid and early game they kept starting big fights that let me get this stuff mega quick. Once I got the cleaver and the new item getting the rest was a little too easy.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What do you mean?
I need like, an entire team running distraction and holding people down to do anything.

And even then I'm not as strong as Trondamore or Yi, I'm not sure why she even exists if she doesn't bring something new to the table.

(Not being able to disjoint with ult makes me so mad.)

I need like, an entire team running distraction and holding people down to do anything.

And even then I'm not as strong as Trondamore or Yi, I'm not sure why she even exists if she doesn't bring something new to the table.

She'll beat Yi 1v1 because she can stack defense and still do incredible damage. Plus, dat ult.

Ferrio

Banned

I do great with her quite often, how you buildign?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I forgot to play my biweekly ranked game, and I can now confirm that ELO decay is 25 every 2 weeks :(

I stop playing the game for a few days, go solo rank queue and ended up with 0/5/5 with Ahri in mid lane after 30 min.

My personal favorite moment: when I was running to ward dragon, I was checking the score board while my champion is running. When I let go of the Tab key I saw 5 enemy champion around me, they didn't kill me right away cause it took them a few seconds to realize "omg I can't believe my eye, that moron just run straight into us." I think one of them said "lol" then vaporized me.

After a while 2 person in the enemy team disconnect (lol), a few dragon, baron and we won.

GG!

ElectraStar

Hardly, it claims it's only like 1379!

Also I couldn't get myself or other people to show up on that site so presumably I'm doing something wrong.

Well it was 1403 before my 3-game losing streak. I just need to win 3 games :D
And you gotta download the program, yo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom