• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
for me, if i dont get extremely fed in a bot game, I'm just wasting my time. If i get KSed multiple times in a bot game, I would just leave game or afk instead of bitching about it. if you can't handle a 4v5 bot game, you should not play this game at all.

I was just getting my first win of the day bonus.

make sure to report dudes who harass you in game.

Done and done.

Wrekt

Just played my first ranked match. Went 13-3 as Malzahar. The closest thing we had to an AD was an on-hit Teemo. The enemy team still only bought like 2 MR items between all of them.

Game went on forever though. We could kill them but it took us forever to knock down a tower, lol.

So I had been playing dominion exclusively for a while but I took a break and played a few GAFvGAF games lately (on SR) and it seems like there's quite a bit more tension between you nerds than there regularly is.

Any comment?

Also, the sign of a truly horrible player is when they can't even play Garen right. Some guy on my team went 0-11 with him in dom and I was shocked.

JesseZao

Oh how times have changed.

I know right? It's the Riven effect.

Just started jungling with her recently and it's amazing how fast she clears and I always have success counter jungling at the start to top it off.

Maybe they could nerf the static duration and add more to the sustained by hits duration so it's not just a spammable speed boost.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
So I had been playing dominion exclusively for a while but I took a break and played a few GAFvGAF games lately (on SR) and it seems like there's quite a bit more tension between you nerds than there regularly is.

Any comment?

Also, the sign of a truly horrible player is when they can't even play Garen right. Some guy on my team went 0-11 with him in dom and I was shocked.

i am in the same boat with garen. dude feels like he drops off mid/late game. hes heal is great but thats the only thing i find great about garen.

Ferrio

Banned
I know right? It's the Riven effect.

Just started jungling with her recently and it's amazing how fast she clears and I always have success counter jungling at the start to top it off.

Maybe they could nerf the static duration and add more to the sustained by hits duration so it's not just a spammable speed boost.

Ya they need to do that, you can max the duration with only a few hits with normal attack speed.

XeroSauce

i am in the same boat with garen. dude feels like he drops off mid/late game. hes heal is great but thats the only thing i find great about garen.

Garen goes from really strong early on with lane presence and silence -> spin and his health regen, but late game his damage falls off considerably and you can only really play him as a tanky silence bot with a nice finisher (ult). Other then that, Garen can't do much.

I got 6.5k IP, wanna blow it on an AD carry.

I already have Ashe and Sivir but I only bought them because they're cheap and I don't really enjoy them. I'm deciding between Graves, Kog'Maw and Trondomer. Out of those, the only one I played is Kog and I found him pretty fun and he seems like a good tank shredder too. I'm leaning more towards Kog and Tryn though. Kog for the amazing utility in team fights and Tryn for the lulzy ultimate with Cleanse/QSS.

I already have Skarner for my jungler, Alistar for tank/support and Anivia for AP carry.

I got 6.5k IP, wanna blow it on an AD carry.

I already have Ashe and Sivir but I only bought them because they're cheap and I don't really enjoy them. I'm deciding between Graves, Kog'Maw and Trondomer. Out of those, the only one I played is Kog and I found him pretty fun and he seems like a good tank shredder too. I'm leaning more towards Kog and Tryn though. Kog for the amazing utility in team fights and Tryn for the lulzy ultimate with Cleanse/QSS.

I already have Skarner for my jungler, Alistar for tank/support and Anivia for AP carry.

No consideration for Tristana? Boooooooo!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Kog'maw and Corki are the leading AD carries with sustain on the out. Poke is too strong.

Ferga

My normal elo is 1650 so I guess i was never meant to be a plat player :(

Dreams are crushed. Ah well, at least I know I belong in gold at least. Gives me motivation to keep playing ranked until I reach 1650.

I'm on a steady incline after my terrible 11 game losing streak.

Ferrio

Banned
Doubt that elo is correct, bet it factors in bot/dominon games and such. As well as a loose approximization.

edit: Oh i see dom is seperate.. but says I've only played 12...

Inskipp

So if I understand correctly, the team rating that is viewable on the match history is the calculated average sum of your teams total elo? And it adds all of your teammates gained/lost elo together?

That's pretty neat if so. Although it does make me wonder why there are minus values in some of the games I've won.

AcridMeat

Banned
1276 (apparently the highest)

current Dominion 1275

:CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I waited too long for Gragas, the man is a champion.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I don't play LoL myself, but I've been watching a coworker play every day for quite a long time. I'm surprised by his stats (he never plays ranked games):
Summoner's Rift Normal 2004 1069 935 +134 53.3% 2 1910 1910 (±0)
Dominion Normal 574 302 272 +30 52.6% 1 1996 1996 (±0)

Does normal ELO not start at 1200 like ranked? I checked a friend's and his "highest" was like 1047.

(FWIW I don't expect this site to stay around long. I know it's just getting info from riot servers but stuff like displaying login names is a little sketchy even though everyone I've checked so far has had a login name matching their summoner name.)

Boken

Banned
My current normal elo seems to be 2047. Not much of an improvement, considering it was 1954 in July '10.

Oh well.
Rich man complaining about not making more income.
Does normal ELO not start at 1200 like ranked? I checked a friend's and his "highest" was like 1047.

(FWIW I don't expect this site to stay around long. I know it's just getting info from riot servers but stuff like displaying login names is a little sketchy even though everyone I've checked so far has had a login name matching their summoner name.)
It's not displaying your log in name. It's simply displaying what your summoner name is stored in the system as. I know this because my summoner name is not my login name.

Wrekt

It doesn't even work for me. I was able to get stats for other people, but I get server errors when I type in my summoner name.

y2dvd

I've taken a change of stance about duo queuing, but depending on how you use it. If you're simply trying to carry a terrible player to a higher elo, then I don't agree with it. It only takes one bad player to drag the entire team down. But if you're two equally good players who believes they deserves to be higher ranked, then I say go for it. From what I understand, when you duo queue, your elo gets inflated and you face higher ranked players. This is what you want! I think it typically goes the higher they are, the less likely you'll run into a troll player.

Off topic, go watch 21 Jump Street. It was hysterical!

I bet my "true elo" is actually really low. I goof around a lot on Normal if they take that into consideration. D:

Inskipp

Apparently the site is down now.

Riot Control said:
We would like to thank you for participating in the public stress tests of this open source project. We have taken down the service for now, as many scalability issues with the DBMS connection pooling emerged. It is uncertain if we're going to put up the service again any time soon - we might focus on providing a client you can run at home instead. With a distributed approach, there would never be any scalability issues.

Until then, feel free to leave comments in the Reddit post and, in case you're a developer yourself, make sure to check out our open source repositories on Github (see links on Reddit).

ElectraStar

Guys, I only have until tomorrow to make 800IP -- I really want Lulu and that cupcake skin. (red velvet, yuuuummm <3)
WHY DID I BUY JANNA LAST WEEK. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

1276 (apparently the highest)

current Dominion 1275

:CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

No sad face, you beautiful butterfly, you -- we're above 1000!
FUCK YEAHHH BAD GAF REPRESENT!!!

Safari Caitlyn what are you doing on this list?
Right?! I own that skin, and it's my favorite. I mean, she's either drinking tea while sitting on a buffalo that she just killed herself, or (for those against animal cruelty) she's drinking tea on the buffalo that she rides around when shooting other people trying to hunt buffalos. Either way it's totally BAWS.

Also, I just picked up TF2 (I know, I'm WAY BEHIND on that wagon). I'm getting my ass kicked but it's really goofy and fun... Pyros are the best!

XeroSauce

There's a program called Lol Matches that you run alongside LOLReplay etc. and as you play it records the match and all your statistics, as well as riase/drop in normal elo and KDAR, champion usage etc.

I'll try and get the website when I get home. I found my normal elo was 1345, I'm disappointed tbh. Then I realized that a lot of my normals are stupid games that me and my friends do in normals like ARAM and all AD CARRY and all tanks and other dumb crap

ElectraStar

There's a program called Lol Matches that you run alongside LOLReplay etc. and as you play it records the match and all your statistics, as well as riase/drop in normal elo and KDAR, champion usage etc.

Does it tell you your ELO from the beginning? Or does it just calculate it from the point at which you downloaded the program?
The old client used to let you see those kind of stats on your most used champions, but then they got rid of that. Not too sure why.

Blizzard

Banned
Also, I just picked up TF2 (I know, I'm WAY BEHIND on that wagon). I'm getting my ass kicked but it's really goofy and fun... Pyros are the best!
The girls always like the pyro! </stereotypical TF2>

The pyro is cool though. There's a community thread and a NeoGAF TF2 server -- if you find whatever Steam group it is, they typically send out invites and fill up the server in the evenings. Drop by some time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom