• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeroSauce

There's nothing in those notes that nerf Shaco's early game at all...

His Shiv scales off bonus AD, so instead of have +30 something damage early game, he'll have + 10, maybe even just +4. Remember, these aren't final either.

Aww yeah, normal ELO brought up to 1414.

Boken

Banned
How do you feel about tanky junglers who aren't good at tanking and aren't good at clearing the jungle?

How do you feel about a moderate speed jungler who has incredible ganks and initiation?

What are you guys whining about, Sona is absolute shit atm and needs the buff.

Janna got fucking shat on. Holy shit. ..... wow.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
•A champion chasing a fleeing opponent will now attack more consistently than before

This is the one thing that was random that could prove really big.

2th

Banned
Janna...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooO

It is funny because her shield used to be like this and then no one played her. So Riot was like "Why you no play Janna?" And then they made the AD buff persist even when the shield was broken.

Garen

Fixed a bug where Demacian Justice would not finish casting if Garen lost vision of the target during the cast

Finally. I hated seeing and hearing the ult go off but having nothing happen.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Ya Melee AD got a nice buff with that.

I'll be interested how this actually plays out so you get more hits in, but it doesn't look like they should be to far away.

Could be a nice untouted buff for the like of say Trendy , Riven, Yi etc...

XeroSauce

I see the pun but wow are you serious? You can break the shield in 1s during laning phase. Thats 1s of bonus AD down from 5s prepatch. Yeah, barely got touched

Not to mention random AOE just breaks the shield late game

It was a joke but in reality why does it make sense for the effect to persist after the shield? It's backwards because the shield encourages you to break it in order to remove the buff, yet all you do is put yourself in more danger.

When Janna shields the enemy AD you aren't trying to engage, you are trying to run away. It's more of a zoning tool then anything, and it's saved a ton of lives. I guess they are just trying to keep everything consistent.

You should always try to look at it from a developer's perspective. When a player encounters the shield they have two options:
Break it and engage (something that is encouraged with enemy Sion, Riven, etc.)
Run, get zoned

They do option one, which is what they think they should do, and they get penalized for it, esp. if they break the shield and the enemy AD still has 30 AD+. It's confusing and inconsistant.

While running away achieves: zoning, positioning, and missed CS for you, which is too much of a penalty in general terms. This is good for Janna, bad for you.

I'm just trying to come up with a reason for it other then hurf derf nerf.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
With Janna getting nerfed I might just have to buy Lulu. The slow on her ult will probably get nerfed.
It was a joke but in reality why does it make sense for the effect to persist after the shield? It's backwards because the shield encourages you to break it in order to remove the buff, yet all you do is put yourself in more danger.

When Janna shields the enemy AD you aren't trying to engage, you are trying to run away. It's more of a zoning tool then anything, and it's saved a ton of lives. I guess they are just trying to keep everything consistent.
The shield is almost nothing. Late game it pops to a single auto-attack. The only use it has is the AD buff. This is a massive Janna nerf. Before you could at least rely on giving someone on the team five seconds of 50 AD. Now that can be shut down almost immediately. People don't even look at or notice the shield on the enemy team, they are going to be focusing down the AD carry anyways.

Blizzard

Banned
Today really isn't my day. I think I may have had 2-3 games today where my team did not take down a single enemy turret, even if I was doing okay in my own lane. Surely it can't ALL be my fault -- like last ranked game where I had maybe 1 death top early and three other people had 6-8 deaths early game.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I realised that Xerath was free and I didn't see one for the whole week.
Be free Morde and mash the buttons to win or play Xerath and get countered.

Oh, and look at the pros doing support Twisted Fate now and stealing my strats.

Boken

Banned
Fuck I still can't believe this nerf to Janna. Laning phase is even worse now. Wow. Wow.

They do option one, which is what they think they should do, and they get penalized for it, esp. if they break the shield and the enemy AD still has 30 AD+. It's confusing and inconsistant.

Like holy shit, Lulu's shield works the same way. Lulu gives her AD a psuedo on hit effect to their auto attacks with a shield. fuck t

Blizzard

Banned
"Right clicking on an enemy while using Powerball will now move you close enough to hit the target"

Thank Christ for that.
That was the dumbest thing with Rammus. *zoom zoom zoom...now to sit here spinning uselessly next to the person I was trying to gank, because the hitbox glitched or something*

Inskipp

It's pretty smart when you think about the Janna- shield nerf, and compare it to Lulu's shield which apparently keeps its damage- component even after the Lulu- shield gets busted...

/crazymarketingconspiracy

Volimar

Lol is back up with a new login screen and music

I'll be reporting my thoughts on lulu in a few minutes

Neat, I wonder if they'll add the new champ in the login screen from now on...

Man I wish I had the points for Lulu. I love the yordles.

Ferga

I just played ap lulu on dominion.

I started off with boots first with my support page (which has a bit of ap) so i could get a little feel of what it was like playing as lulu support. God damn she had a tonne of burst. I melted a vladimir in a couple of seconds with 10 ap.

She would never work as an ap mid because her ult isn't an amazing burst of damage like other aps.

Her passive becomes useless after about level 6. The damage is almost unnoticeable.

I think Lulu might be the only support that will work well with kage's pick. Too bad it doesn't build into anything useful for a support.

I think Lulu is pretty much a kill lane support with her high base damages. So watch out for her in the upcoming days.

And landing Q from the pixie was one of the most fun things i have ever done in this game

Volimar

My first game post-patch was a custom game to try out Vayne. I kept getting hellacious fps drops. Not good.

Played again and....it's her ult. For some reason whenever I pop her ult my fps goes down to like 12...

I wish my graphics card wasn't so shitty.

I realised that Xerath was free and I didn't see one for the whole week.

I don't know why so many people stopped using him. He's really good.

Also, I used the Riot control website to see how my ranked games go before they took it down, and I found out I win about 65% of my games when I play AD carry.

As support, I only win like 40%.

Ragnamith

Does anybody play on the public beta servers?
I was able to play Lulu there about a week before release but it requires at least 2 players in a custom game (since queue's are completely dead there).

Wrekt

I don't know why so many people stopped using him. He's really good.

I stopped using Xerath after a disastrous game against a Morde mid that stacked MR runes. I could never bring down his shield, even with hitting 90%+ of my Qs. He just free farmed against me and had hundreds of CS by the time laning broke down. My jungler didn't show up once despite my lane being frozen right outside my turret. The first team fight we got into, he destroyed the rest of my team and they finally noticed his CS. I got the blame and it soured me on Xerath ever since. I don't think I've played him once since that game.

Played a game yesterday bot as Lux supporting. Game was going fine, hit a lot of skills shots until I glance at what other people are doing. The other team doesn't have a jungler, so there is a 2v1 top, our Renekton is actually winning! I look mid, their Morde has 260 CS at 18min. Seriously the highest CS I've ever seen on any hero that early. Apparently he had been farming lane and all of the jungle at the same time some how. Our mid was laughing at him for always "missing" lane XP and then we yelled at him for being an idiot (his bad playing really lost us the game in the long run).

Still I'll never see a CS that high ever again I doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom