• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Man, I wish there was a demo for the champs. I'm interested in a few folks (like Irelia, Nocturne and Lee Sin), but I'd just like to see how they feel first.

Even if it was just that first single-lane tutorial level against an AI bot.
That's what free weeks are for, though you may need to be patient and hope your champion comes up.

Also, I don't really understand people saying 1400-1500 elo is elo hell. Don't you start at 1200? Isn't 1200 supposed to be like, the average/starting point? Hell should be somewhere below that! I think people just want to complain or something. :p

JesseZao

Man, I wish there was a demo for the champs. I'm interested in a few folks (like Irelia, Nocturne and Lee Sin), but I'd just like to see how they feel first.

Even if it was just that first single-lane tutorial level against an AI bot.

I haven't played Irelia much, but between Nocturne and Lee Sin, I find Nocturne more fun. Lee Sin has a higher skill cap, so he'd be more rewarding if you're good with his skill shots.

I don't really agree with this at all. Just because I've played a bunch of games with Nasus and will stomp with him if I ever get to an end game state doesn't mean I can lane against whoever I feel like. You don't have to be in the top 1% for counter picking to start mattering. If someone is playing Riven or Fiora or Tryndamere top and I take Kennen up there it doesn't really matter how many games they've played.

By virtue of having played so many games they probably have learned how to lane against an unfavorable match-up at some point.

If they're better at Riven than you are at Kennen, then they should be able to at least fight to a draw. That's my opinion at least.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
By virtue of having played so many games they probably have learned how to lane against an unfavorable match-up at some point.

If they're better at Riven than you are at Kennen, then they should be able to at least fight to a draw. That's my opinion at least.
They would need to be vastly better than me though, and as such probably wouldn't be in the same game as me if they were that great at said champion. If the counterpick goes in your favor you are starting with a pretty massive advantage.

I've played like 120 Riven games and I still feel like I suck against Irelia because of the lifesteal, Irelia's longer stun times, and potentially double-reduced stun duration (so you can only stun her like 1/3 of a second?). As far as I know, Irelia can also build tanky and still do tons of damage, but Riven needs a good bit of AD to have decent damage. A fully built Irelia endgame seems to affect the whole game much more than a fully built Riven, to me.

However, all of this may have been before the most recent nerf, so who knows.

Riven beats Irelia early. That's when you need to trash her.

Early = 1-6

Blizzard

Banned
how is everyone liking Hec? I think he is pretty awesome, so strong
I think I just saw my first good one, and he ganked bottom lane for a triple kill as/after our two players died there. The UI is really bugged out right now. I suddenly can't see text, and even prior to that, I've had a "Pending Trade..." popup window appear in like 4 lobbies in a row ever since someone requested it and I declined.

Also, I'm scared. I've won 8 in a row, and 9 out of the last 10. I'm not sure I've ever had a streak like that before, and it's not because I'm carrying...I do poorly some games and get carried, so I'm just lucky.

I just first-picked Katarina (they picked gangplank first before me), which should guarantee me a loss this time.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I forgot how much fun this game is when you're actually on a good team.

It's kinda like Battlefield. You're either having a fantastic time owning nerds or a miserable time yelling at incompetent teammates. There is no inbetween.

Blizzard

Banned
It's kinda like Battlefield. You're either having a fantastic time owning nerds or a miserable time yelling at incompetent teammates. There is no inbetween.
For the most part yeah. After my 8 wins in a row everything hit at once -- couldn't see any text in lobby, team didn't have a tank, had two AD, had no jungler, enemy gangplank said they were 1800 elo, harassed their teammates all game, harassed my team all game, had 28 kills, and I had people with 8, 9, 12, and 13 deaths on my team. People constantly focused alistar and warwick because gangplank was a "tank"...as if alistar and warwick with tank items were not also tanks.

I ended up with a positive ratio at least, and clearly that's what's most important! :p

inky

Anyone else hate jungling and then getting blamed for everything? Then you fucking get fed and ace the team and win but your still being called a noob? Why

Oh hey, it's Veigar asking for a gank in mid because he sees me stealing their wraiths. He has only 12 cs or something because he doesn't know how to farm his Q, but he cried for blue as soon as it was up, and he has been pushing like crazy against Morgana so he is out of mana as well while she is full mana and a level ahead of him because she's been zoning him and he died already. Oh hey, he actually aims his stun to trap her instead of stunning her, but of course she has a shield anyways. Did I mention Veigar was out of mana so he can't follow it up. Oh now he is diving her tower (maybe he just got enough to ult her) but gets caught by her bind and dies in 2 tower hits.

Chat: All/ "Report this noob jungler... doesn't know how to gank"

Ferrio

Banned
I'm on such a losing streak, ugh.

I need to pick a good ganking jungler. Closer and Kiunch were getting pissed that I couldn't gank with shy.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm on such a losing streak, ugh.

I need to pick a good ganking jungler. Closer and Kiunch were getting pissed that I couldn't gank with shy.

Easy mode skarner perhaps?

Boken

Banned
I don't really agree with this at all. Just because I've played a bunch of games with Nasus and will stomp with him if I ever get to an end game state doesn't mean I can lane against whoever I feel like. You don't have to be in the top 1% for counter picking to start mattering. If someone is playing Riven or Fiora or Tryndamere top and I take Kennen up there it doesn't really matter how many games they've played.

Nope he's right. Unless a champion is a complete hard counter and easy to play, unless you can play them well you aren't pooping on anybody. I've shat on Kennens top with Riven, so I assume I can do it to you. Just like my friend shat on me with Tryndamere when I was Kennen. Nothing is as simple as you say.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nope he's right. Unless a champion is a complete hard counter and easy to play, unless you can play them well it's pointless. I've shat on Kennens top with Riven, so I assume I can do it to you. Just like my friend shat on me with Tryndamere when I was Kennen. Nothing is as simple as you say.
I'm not saying it's a guaranteed win, but having a counter pick would at least put the worse player on a better leg. If I picked Nasus instead of Kennen I might not be able to do anything. Understanding lane matchups is important to becoming a better player and they effect players at all skill levels.

I'm not saying it's a guaranteed win, but having a counter pick would at least put the worse player on a better leg. If I picked Nasus instead of Kennen I might not be able to do anything. Understanding lane matchups is important to becoming a better player and they effect players at all skill levels.

No one's disputing that. But a lot of times players do the whole, "FUCK! I gotta lane against Olaf/Kennen/Shen/Yorick!" or what have you, and they lose the psychological battle before the game even starts.

Anything less than 1800 or 1900 Elo means that the players you're facing don't have the perfect mechanics to take advantage of the mismatch to its fullest potential, so if you just play smart and play better, you'll probably win your lane.

I mean, if you're Vayne and you're playing solo top or mid, then yeah, you're probably fucked.

vesp

i feel like riot must be so proud of themselves for breaking chat and making solo queued ranked even more meta and head achingly rage inducing.

its hard to make the experience worse.

edit: I bought viktor when he launched but never really played him much. Started it this week for some reason and other than some really annoying lazers bugging out and doing nothing hes so god damn fun.

i feel like riot must be so proud of themselves for breaking chat and making solo queued ranked even more meta and head achingly rage inducing.

its hard to make the experience worse.

edit: I bought viktor when he launched but never really played him much. Started it this week for some reason and other than some really annoying lazers bugging out and doing nothing hes so god damn fun.

Just played a game with a Viktor last night, and all game he was whining that his "laser was bugged." We all figured he was just making excuses for feeding mid. Didn't know there was actaully an issue. Doesn't matter, we won anyway. My friend and I as Lulu and Hecarim carried the team.

Feature

Banned
Anyone else hate jungling and then getting blamed for everything? Then you fucking get fed and ace the team and win but your still being called a noob? Why

I make it a priority to tell people in chat before game to last hit and not push the enemy into theit tower if they expect me to gank. People overextending and dieing to only blame the jungler pisses me off beyond belief, I report them right away.

Just had my best support Soraka game ever. At one point we were down like 4-14 on kills and 1-4 on towers and I had 2 of those kills. They were playing cocky so they thought they could just dive us or beat us without properly grouping up, but I was pulling out clutch heals and gotta go fast hat activations to save teammates left and right so they just got baited while we had few casualties. After a couple of failed teamfights doing that they backed off a bit, which gave me some space to put up good ward coverage and thanks to that we picked up a few more kills catching people out of position and came back to something like 22-22. Finally picked up a kill on someone trying to take blue which let us take baron and seal the win. Feels good man.

So I was playing Teemo but we got pushed really hard. After a teamfight, we were all dead but enemy Fizz was alive. He already got our Nexus almost dead when I spawned and attacked him, and he decided to fight me instead. He died soon after since Ashe respawned 5 seconds later. Manage to push back their inner towers, inhib and nexus towers to snatch a win.

Global Taunt too stronk.

Just played a game with a derp Lux. She pulled wolves before the jungler started at lv 1. Instead of standing there and fighting them she just kept running in circles and died!

She then was mid against an Ahri. Ahri got 8 kills within 10 minutes. And she blamed the jungler! Worst thing was i got fed as Teemo! Team surrendered after derp Lux called a vote.

Just played a game with a Viktor last night, and all game he was whining that his "laser was bugged." We all figured he was just making excuses for feeding mid. Didn't know there was actaully an issue. Doesn't matter, we won anyway. My friend and I as Lulu and Hecarim carried the team.

I bought Viktor when he came out and his laser is definitely bugged. Sometimes it does not even follow the line in this patch.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What's crazy is the fact that this patch was delayed a week cause of bugs. Yet a week later they released it, and it seems to be the most bug ridden patch we've gotten from Riot in a while. There are just a metric ton of little things that are fubar now.

Q8D3vil

i wonder how long will it take until people realize kayle is fucking fighter/support monster

the new buffs make her deadlier than ever

berserker greaves > nashor tooth > frozen heart = gg

I bought Lee Sin yesterday.

My first game I went 12-1. He's a beast...when you hit your skillshots. =)

The next couple of games I did terribly (about even both times).

I need to read some more general strategy on him, but he seems like he'll be really fun.

garath

i wonder how long will it take until people realize kayle is fucking fighter/support monster

I've owned Kayle forever and I've never played her. When I saw she was getting buffed I definitely wanted to give it a shot. I think I'll go top first time then I'll try jungle. I'll support at one point too just to see but the low 20s normal games rarely run supports in general.

But what I've been reading is Kayle's best damage potential is building like an AD carry - IE, PD, BT, etc. Just saw a Kayle absolutely tear it up on scarra's stream. Built IE, PD, Zeal, vamp scepter and one doran's blade.

Been jungling her. Cloth 5 > boots > wriggles > zerk greaves > wits end > aegis. Not bad at all.

Q8D3vil

unlocking kayle potential is all about cooldown reduction
nashor tooth is like an item that was designed by the gods for kayle. it gives you insane attack speed and good 25% cdr that make E last forever because you will only have like 2 seconds cooldown to use it.

getting frozen heart will give you 20% cooldown which will exceed the 40% cap but the extra and armor will make her last forever, not to mention that you will be able to spam her ultimate every ~30 seconds which is insanely fast and can help your ad carries to survive impossible fights.

she is also probably top 5 farmers in the game when she get berserker greeves

Anyone have any issues with surrendering not working right? Played a game where one guy start a surrender vote, and 3 more (all in the same room as me, so I know) said yes. Yet we lost the vote 3/2.

Boken

Banned
There's also the hybrid kayle build (trinity, gunblade) or the straight up AD carry build (like any other AD carry)

I've been running Kayle top lately, and she is really hard to beat. Go a straight DPS build with: two doran's blades ---> bf sword ---> IE ---> lifesteal scepter/phantom dancer ---> phage/trinity force/frozen mallet, then situational stuff. She zones out just about every melee champ not named Pantheon. I also managed to beat a Teemo top pretty handily.

Go MR/Armor runes, with MS Quints, and Armor Pen/Flat AD reds, and go 21-9-0 for masteries focusing solely on the physical damage side. She becomes fairly unstoppable, I'm betting that is the next FOTM so get too it before it's popular so you can be all hipster about it.

Build her on-hit. Wit's End/Madred's gets you much better damage output.

Nashor's Tooth slows down your damage too much, and since you have 3 seconds untouchable, it's about dishing out as much damage in a short period of time as possible.

Kayle belongs in the jungle since her ganks are OP.

if you're playing Kayle in a solo lane it's much better to build AP, you'll have godly utility in a team fight. Straight up AD Kayle in a solo lane loses out to better bruiser champions.

I bought some rp hoping cottontail teemo or super teemo skins would go on sale. Been waiting a couple weeks. Then today Ziggs, Gragas and Udyr all went on sale. I have wanted them all for a while and ended up spending all my rp on them. Now I don't have anymore RP :'(.

Lesson for everyone: Don't put RP in your account unless what you want is on sale or unless you are disciplined enough.

JesseZao

Anecdotal, but i was able to zone/bully our of lane a WW as AD Kayle for the entire laning phase except for when the jungler would camp top.

garath

I bought some rp hoping cottontail teemo or super teemo skins would go on sale. Been waiting a couple weeks. Then today Ziggs, Gragas and Udyr all went on sale. I have wanted them all for a while and ended up spending all my rp on them. Now I don't have anymore RP :'(.

Lesson for everyone: Don't put RP in your account unless what you want is on sale or unless you are disciplined enough.

I feel you.

I'm actually looking at the miss fortune Mafia skin. I absolutely love that skin but I don't own MF. She'd be an insta buy on sale but I really don't see myself paying full price for her just to get the skin on sale. Might as well wait until she's on sale and get the skin full price. If I was to buy a champ full price I would much rather Ezreal or Graves.

But the skin is so cool :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom