• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achtius

Fizz and Zilean?? Good week, I wanted to try Fizz the mid destroyer and Zilean the troll support. Damn you, time bombs.
Though that also means I now have to buy Sona. With a good team, she is so fun, speedbursting at the right time secures so many kills, especially if you time it with a powerchord and autoattack for the slow. Or for fun, if things go well, Lich bane+damage power chord. Lots of damage noone expects.

Kiunch AD Sona, best Sona

garath

Uh... Jax isn't Hybrid? Shit...

I didn't mean Hybrid as in AD/AP. I was speaking more along the lines of role. She's not a great fit anywhere in the current "metagame". Jax is a popular top and jungle. Does both of those roles well.

Basically you have 5 roles to fill. Support and AD there's only a handful of champions that fit that role well so you have 4 slots gone from a small pool of champs immediately. Then you want at least one clear cut AP mage and that's 5. So 5 slots left to fill the remaining 3 roles with the remainder 70-75 champs. Not good odds to see the oddballs.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I think I may try Zilean. I need a support champ for my roster and he kinda fits, though I want one with sustain. How's Kayle support, anyone? Her heal is pretty shitty for bot, I think, but if I leveled it up instead of her lovely fiery sword of destruction maybe it'd be decent enough I wouldn't have to dish out 3150 for Sona..
Zilean isn't really a support. You can play him bot lane but he has nothing to offer his ally other than damage output on the enemy, which isn't very useful. You can over a minimal amount of protection at six with the ult, but really it's a troll lane. Zilean is great as a mid, and can support an entire team from that position in team fights.
Soda cop will probably say he's OP, but soda cop hates everything.
I've said it probably a few times now in this thread that I think Draven is a strong laner and a weak team fighter, which isn't what I want out of an AD carry. If he shuts down the enemy team they win, but if they just survive and do okay then they'll probably come out ahead.

zkylon

zkylewd
Zilean isn't really a support. You can play him bot lane but he has nothing to offer his ally other than damage output on the enemy, which isn't very useful. You can over a minimal amount of protection at six with the ult, but really it's a troll lane. Zilean is great as a mid, and can support an entire team from that position in team fights.
Damn, back to Sona then...

Ferrio

Banned
We should try a inhouse where you're only allowed to buy complete items. IE if you're going to buy a triforce you can't buy the parts, you must buy it all at once. If you buy any of the parts, you can't upgrade that part for the whole game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Kayle support sucks too btw, she is MUCH better at solo top.
Yes, I finally got the hang of it and Kayle solo top is beautiful. Few people realize the damage potential she has in level 1-3 and if going 1v1 I often get first blood.

We should try a inhouse where you're only allowed to buy complete items. IE if you're going to buy a triforce you can't buy the parts, you must buy it all at once. If you buy any of the parts, you can't upgrade that part for the whole game.
So everyone starts with like 20 potions? Lol I like it...

zkylon

zkylewd
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Well, I don't want to spend my hard earned IP :p

Maybe I'm wrong, but I usually like rolling support in the few MMORPGs I've played, but in LoL I feel like that support champions are really uninteresting, and it's not like I'm one of those AD carries killcount junkies or anything. I think I'm gonna just close my eyes, buy Sona and prove myself wrong.

That or stuck with regular boots the whole game! or two pairs of boots!
At least people would ward more often :p

Ken

Well, I don't want to spend my hard earned IP :p

Maybe I'm wrong, but I usually like rolling support in the few MMORPGs I've played, but in LoL I feel like that support champions are really uninteresting, and it's not like I'm one of those AD carries killcount junkies or anything. I think I'm gonna just close my eyes, buy Sona and prove myself wrong.

At least people would ward more often :p

Which support champions have you looked at?

I think Sona is one of the more interesting support champions because she has the option to do some pretty decent harass with her Power Chord Q and auto attacks. Compared to Soraka, she's a lot more fun (only comparing her to Soraka because you mentioned something about sustain supports and I think Soraka is pretty much the best sustain support). She can be just as annoying as Soraka when you abuse the bushes. Her Power Chord W is great for team fights for weakening the enemy carry, and her PC E is great for chasing or escaping. She seems a bit more active in team fights than Soraka is, IMO. I also find landing her ultimate to be much more satisfying than Soraka's Wish. Also, boobs.

zkylon

zkylewd
Which support champions have you looked at?

I think Sona is one of the more interesting support champions because she has the option to do some pretty decent harass with her Power Chord Q and auto attacks. Compared to Soraka, she's a lot more fun (only comparing her to Soraka because you mentioned something about sustain supports). She can be just as annoying as Soraka when you abuse the bushes. Her Power Chord W is great for team fights for weakening the enemy carry, and her PC E is great for chasing or escaping. She seems a bit more active in team fights than Soraka is, IMO. I also find landing her ultimate to be much more satisfying than pressing R as Soraka. Also, boobs.
Haven't actually played with any, which says a lot about how valid is my opinion, but read a bit about Janna, Sona and Taric. Sona was the standout of the bunch for me, because you know, bewbs...

Ken

Haven't actually played with any, which says a lot about how valid is my opinion, but read a bit about Janna, Sona and Taric. Sona was the standout of the bunch for me, because you know, bewbs...

Janna can be good but you have to be pretty on point with your shield since you have no sustain besides your ultimate. Her passive is OP though. I'd say she's one of the harder support champions to play because you can easily ruin team fights with a bad ultimate, and never land or use a single effective hurricane thingy. But I'm speaking from very limited experience with her (I've played maybe 2-3 games with her despite having her Frost Queen skin) but I didn't really like having 0 sustain.

Taric is...Taric. Ask NoshinoRO how to be best Gems.

I'm not the best support player though so I could be completely wrong.

Ferrio

Banned
Taric's best ability is spamming his joke... through the whole match... constantly... unrelenting.

I had both teams really really pissed off at me during an ARAB.

Ferrio

Banned
Aren't boots not a complete item?

Yes, but I didn't mean you had to only buy complete items. It's just if you want them you can't upgrade them them, just buy them straight out.

So yes you can get regular boots, but you can't upgrade to any of the others with that said piece.

ShdwDrake

Banned
1aUv8.jpg

Jungle Hec sooo op lol

zkylon

zkylewd
Janna can be good but you have to be pretty on point with your shield since you have no sustain besides your ultimate. Her passive is OP though. I'd say she's one of the harder support champions to play because you can easily ruin team fights with a bad ultimate, and never land or use a single effective hurricane thingy. But I'm speaking from very limited experience with her (I've played maybe 2-3 games with her despite having her Frost Queen skin) but I didn't really like having 0 sustain.

Taric is...Taric. Ask NoshinoRO how to be best Gems.

I'm not the best support player though so I could be completely wrong.
Yeah, I get the feeling that the point of playing with support is securing bot lane and dragon, so I really want sustain. I would get Soraka if she wasn't so god awful hideous. I mean, I play a lot of Malphite, so I'm used to ugly, but she really brings it home with the unicorn horn and cat face...

Ken

Yeah, I get the feeling that the point of playing with support is securing bot lane and dragon, so I really want sustain. I would get Soraka if she wasn't so god awful hideous. I mean, I play a lot of Malphite, so I'm used to ugly, but she really brings it home with the unicorn horn and cat face...

Then the obvious answer is Sona. Or hope that the Soraka remodel is decent.

Then again Soraka will never be as busty as Sona so...

ShdwDrake

Banned
Play Volibear, laugh at Hecarim

I played against a voli with jungle hec he was superfrustrated cuz id ult in w q run out then run back in after i did the CC and pick up some assists and kills.

He might've just sucked tho. Out of all of my junglers (Shen, Udyr, and Hec). Hec is my fave.

FoxSpirit

Honestly, a non sustain support can be great too. Zilean's bombs are strong because of the range and then damage and his slow/speed up has lots of utility. Plus he scales amazingly with AP. Oh, and the passive is really nice. Not quite Janna nice but still nice.
Run AP page, lvl 3 he can do over 300 damage with double bomb.
Or Blitzcrank.
Or Alistar, who actually has some sustain... too bad he also pushes the lane hard with it :p

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
L o L.... I just got home and decided funk it I'd check to see if there's a que yet... 15 min que and East Coasters are just now getting/heading home.

Cluster fuck at Riot = confirmed. Tencent to cheap to let Riot spend $$$ on servers for sure.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
L o L.... I just got home and decided funk it I'd check to see if there's a que yet... 15 min que and East Coasters are just now getting/heading home.
Fifteen minutes is great. It was over an hour for me yesterday.

falastini

Fuck me...

i wait for login queue to finish... start up a game... im in a group with 4 ADs... I stupidly close the window out of frustration... I'm stuck in login queue again.

Fuck me...

i wait for login queue to finish... start up a game... im in a group with 4 ADs... I stupidly close the window out of frustration... I'm stuck in login queue again.

I did something similar this weekend. I had just finished playing a game with my friend. Went to queue with him but because I'm so dumb I just solo queue'd and it instantly popped and i clicked join. I then left and had to wait in a 55 minute queue. Needless to say, I went out and took care of some errands while my stupidity ticked away.

EXGN

Wow, I know we all like to bitch about matchmaking when we get stuck with a shlub that goes 0/10, but it looks like Riot has actually done a really good job.

xR4DG.png

zkylon

zkylewd
If it still lets brazilians play the game, then it's not working :p

SKINS EVERYWHERE.
You have no shame. I was about to make my first buy the other day, when the Obsidian Malph was on sale, but it was during those impossible-to-log-in days, and then I forgot, and then it was over. If skins were 5 bucks instead of 10 I wouldn't be able to control myself, but at 10USD, I can safely say "it's too expensive".

Ken

If it still lets brazilians play the game, then it's not working :p

You have no shame. I was about to make my first buy the other day, when the Obsidian Malph was on sale, but it was during those impossible-to-log-in days, and then I forgot, and then it was over. If skins were 5 bucks instead of 10 I wouldn't be able to control myself, but at 10USD, I can safely say "it's too expensive".

Skins win games. That is the price of victory. :I

Koomaster

Don't forget her horrible hooves. Seriously, wtf is she? Too freaky, I don't like to think about Soraka.

Inskipp

If this happens to you then you're not playing properly. Also, if you want to cs with his axes, run back after throwing them so you're not in the line of fire.
I don't play him, nor do I have any intention to as he becomes practically redundant after the laning phase, unless he manages to completely snowball his lane. I'm merely expressing my thoughts based on what I've seen from/done to other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom