• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Leona's passive means she is not intended to be played anywhere but in a duo lane. The fact that she does no damage means she is the support in that equation.

I kind of like the idea of having non-sustain supports in the game... until I play one and my carry starts Doran's Blade. Then I just want to punch walls.

What's wrong with the Doran's blade. I got back from a 2 month trip and suddenly its bad.

scy

Whoa, you left too!??

Edit: Oh wait, you mean when you're done. That's cool too. =)

Hm, I basically do a quick farm run on D3, play some LoL and then maybe farm some more before sleeping.

Need to probably dedicate more time to actually playing LoL so I can work on not sucking :x I pretty much picked up LoL about a week ago.

Edit: Well, I guess it's been two weeks actually? But about half a week of that was when the servers were doing their best D3 launch impression and I was moving so I couldn't even play when they were up.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
BadGAF skipped the inhouse to play against Rioters as Team Yordle. We lost. Also you probably shouldn't cut off the game time and who won if you post scores.

EXGN

Damn I forgot why I love this game: the epic comebacks. Top went 0/6 to enemy Panth, mid went 0/5 to enemy Swain. Team managed to keep farming and a few lucky team fights and we end up pulling out the win, 42/49.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
BadGAF skipped the inhouse to play against Rioters as Team Yordle. We lost. Also you probably shouldn't cut off the game time and who won if you post scores.

Southern's team just has more gold and kills so I'm assuming unless something silly happened, he won.

_lol__the_yordle_party_by_dalehan-d4fj3mu.jpg

And yet, somehow, we lost.

What's wrong with the Doran's blade. I got back from a 2 month trip and suddenly its bad.

It's always been a bad start with a non-sustain support. (Always as in... since I've been playing, so January.)

You get pushed out of lane very very easily at early levels with no sustain.

IsayFever

Good fun in gaf games tonight :D After such a long break I had it's good to be back among a community that just enjoys each other's company and has good laughs

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It is for soda cop.
Promote sucks. ARAB will be dead soon and Promote is available and useless on Proving Grounds.

Is exp and gold gain the same as a normal game? If so then I"m not going to play on PG. Part of the reason why I like ARAB is because the game moves at such a neckbreaking pace that I enjoy it. Also, I hate it when people break the rules of ARAB. It's my pet peeve.

dimb

Gold gain is accelerated on Proving Grounds. You can't back. Your base doesn't heal you. You can't buy after like thirty seconds of spawning.
Proving Grounds is going to replace ARAM not ARAB.
Why would you play ARAB when Proving Grounds exists? Unless you like playing with the bad Dominion item ruleset and map.

kayos90

Gold gain is accelerated on Proving Grounds. You can't back. Your base doesn't heal you. You can't buy after like thirty seconds of spawning.

Why would you play ARAB when Proving Grounds exists? Unless you like playing with the bad Dominion item ruleset and map.

What about EXP? Is the growth faster?

bjaelke

Proving Grounds (and ARAM) is boring and slow. I find ARAB to be the most entertaining partially due to the increased exp gains, fast game play and possibility to try alternative builds.

Dominion items are also far superior to Summoner's Rift's when it comes to ARAB/ARAM.

dimb

Proving Grounds (and ARAM) is boring and slow. I find ARAB to be the most entertaining partially due to the increased exp gains, fast game play and possibility to try alternative builds.

Dominion items are also far superior to Summoner's Rift's when it comes to ARAB/ARAM.
ARAB is pretty boring to me. It's a lot of back and forth that's super unbalanced because progress is based around capping the enemy point more than kills. Even if you win team fights there are situations where you will get nothing out of it because you can't cap in time. Realistically, the team that respawns has a huge advantage, and the nature of the game without much protection and poke being less valuable makes things pretty predictable. The back and forth is all very fake. Things last much longer than they should because teams are always in the game. You are just sort of throwing yourselves at each other over and over again.

Proving Grounds is a much more dynamic experience that lends itself better to more champions, and opens up more alternative builds because you actually have access to all the items you should. It focuses more on team fights and interesting play than throwing yourself at the enemy for 40 minutes and hoping for the best in ARAB.
Dominion items are on Proving Grounds with SR items that were pointlessly removed like Banshee's Veil. It has lots of stuff except for annoying things like GA.

kayos90

ARAB is pretty boring to me. It's a lot of back and forth that's super unbalanced because progress is based around capping the enemy point more than kills. Even if you win team fights there are situations where you will get nothing out of it because you can't cap in time. Realistically, the team that respawns has a huge advantage, and the nature of the game without much protection and poke being less valuable makes things pretty predictable. The back and forth is all very fake. Things last much longer than they should because teams are always in the game. You are just sort of throwing yourselves at each other over and over again.

Proving Grounds is a much more dynamic experience that lends itself better to more champions, and opens up more alternative builds because you actually have access to all the items you should. It focuses more on team fights and interesting play than throwing yourself at the enemy for 40 minutes and hoping for the best in ARAB.

Dominion items are on Proving Grounds with SR items that were pointlessly removed like Banshee's Veil. It has lots of stuff except for annoying things like GA.

I don't know... I still like the idea of capping towers than killing towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom