• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCGeek

formerly sane
It's always been a bad start with a non-sustain support. (Always as in... since I've been playing, so January.)

You get pushed out of lane very very easily at early levels with no sustain.

Been playing since betas I rarely go boots and pot because I see how it works in other games on the types I play. To me there is no perfect method especially for ad carries early game to sustain. Pots are nice but not when you're dived or counter jungle no health is gonna make up for 3v2 in which they got the drop on you. Only time I truly know to go boots with pots is when I get trolls who stack double ad bot or they take a caster and go bot.

I don't always good with the blade especially if I have some dumb idiot like zil over having a support or a non bruiser. Yet if I got the bruiser or support lifesteal runes and blade with smart positioning go a long way vs staying in lane with next to no damage.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Guess the leak was real. For some reason I thought he would scale with AP, because we have had so many AD champs in a row, but it seems like it would make more sense for him to scale with AD.

It's really hard to tell what he'll be like without numbers on the abilities. He seems like he has a lot in common with Nidalee, but he'll probably be more team fight oriented and less about split pushing. After Varus, Darius, and Draven, I'm kind of tired of, "Here's just some dude," but his weapon is cool at least and does a good job of defining him visually.
I don't always good with the blade especially if I have some dumb idiot like zil over having a support or a non bruiser. Yet if I got the bruiser or support lifesteal runes and blade with smart positioning go a long way vs staying in lane with next to no damage.
Zilean is the best support because I get to carry the lane and make the enemy pull their hair out with my ultimate. So much EXP.

garath

What's wrong with the Doran's blade. I got back from a 2 month trip and suddenly its bad.

Guess the leak was real. For some reason I thought he would scale with AP, because we have had so many AD champs in a row, but it seems like it would make more sense for him to scale with AD.

It's really hard to tell what he'll be like without numbers on the abilities. He seems like he has a lot in common with Nidalee, but he'll probably be more team fight oriented and less about split pushing. After Varus, Darius, and Draven, I'm kind of tired of, "Here's just some dude," but his weapon is cool at least and does a good job of defining him visually.

Zilean is the best support because I get to carry the lane and make the enemy pull their hair out with my ultimate. So much EXP.

I'm sad. I wanted a new AP champ :(

XeroSauce

What if he does magic damage on hit instead of physical damage?

dimb

What if he does magic damage on hit instead of physical damage?
Then he will probably be bad and not scale right? It would probably be the kind of thing noticeable in his ability list if he did magic damage. One of his abilities does magic damage based on max HP percentages. I don't really see a lot of hope for him scaling with AP when his crossbow abilities are based around attack speed boosts.

XeroSauce

Then he will probably be bad and not scale right? It would probably be the kind of thing noticeable in his ability list if he did magic damage. One of his abilities does magic damage based on max HP percentages. I don't really see a lot of hope for him scaling with AP when his crossbow abilities are based around attack speed boosts.

Yea, you're right. I'm just thinking out loud here.

dimb

So Viktor was the latest for AP Mid champs.
Why do you hate Hecarim? I would rather have him as AP mid than jungling on my team.

And god no, please no more broken tier Ahri champs. I'm so sick of power creep.

LCGeek

formerly sane

Outside of my friend zil and a few random ones I've seen I hate seeing zilean come in my lane. None of them know how to use him right, as a character he can be ungodly but the actual results in normal be it blind or draft for me has been abysmal. I cringe when I see a zill like most see cringe when I call vayne for any spot and proceed to roll.

His exp boost was broke back a year ago in the meta I would abuse EXP runes and masteries with him you could get 2-3 levels ahead if you had good lane control or were being fed. I'm not knocking zil as a character just a majority I see using him. Zil hasn't been what he used to be when he was one of the first to be banned in draft or rank.

Believe I'm not saying I'm pro and they are bad I've had quite a bit of failures with some of my mains. Though most on gaf who play with me know I'm not to be understimated and I can quickly turn things around if a team is dumb enough to let me rally my side.

Ferrio draven isn't too shabby my friend main's him and left caitlyn, graves, and ashe for draven. IF you can setup his knock around and his ulti well you can kill super quick like I've seen you do with various characters.

scy

Why do you hate Hecarim? I would rather have him as AP mid than jungling on my team.

Granted I'm pretty new to things but I've yet to see Hecarim anywhere but jungle as far as streams go. Any particular reason for AP mid on him? Really curious as I quite like him in theory.

FoxSpirit

And god no, please no more broken tier Ahri champs. I'm so sick of power creep.
Well then, another Morgana :p

Still prefer Ahri though and wanna learn Fizz who seems to be like the "Anti-mid" when properly played. I have seen him wreck.

But yeah, Ahri with Rylai imho is super awesome thanks to her skill spam. HexRev->Rylai->{Rab<->WotA} as per situation. Also saw someone with Zonya but in normals you'll propably just jump in, deal massive damage, activate and die because you team doesn't follow up on the initiate. Rather have W deal out 3 full fledged slows.

Blizzard

Banned
So how good is Draven? His skills look really fun.

edit: Just realized he's free today... guess I'll find out myself.
Soda cop will probably say he's OP, but soda cop hates everything. Some other people will probably say he's hard to use and underpowered compared to Corki. Some other people may say if you manage to catch axes, he does decent AD damage early game and can support other players by poking and running away.

I feel that Draven is one of the most mentally draining champions I have tried, and is probably capable of decent damage. Overall, probably balanced but tending towards resulting in your bottom lane feeding the other team if they're not awesome, kind of like Vayne.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

If you try to catch every single axe, you're gonna have a bad time.

Dear Bros,

I'm really enjoying support. Janna is fun, but I played with Soraka last night and heals are OP in a fun way. Unfortunately, she does shit else and I don't have any hurricanes to throw at people.

Is Karma still broken? I thought she would be fixed by the time I got back.

Love Always,

Laserbot

LCGeek

formerly sane
Soda cop will probably say he's OP, but soda cop hates everything. Some other people will probably say he's hard to use and underpowered compared to Corki. Some other people may say if you manage to catch axes, he does decent AD damage early game and can support other players by poking and running away.

I feel that Draven is one of the most mentally draining champions I have tried, and is probably capable of decent damage. Overall, probably balanced but tending towards resulting in your bottom lane feeding the other team if they're not awesome, kind of like Vayne.

why is vayne mentally draining to some? Not saying she is ashe or mf easy but once you get her basics down, how to use her is a matter of if you have condemn or your ulti granted you have a team with you. You can solo fight with her but you gotta juke like crazy.

Blizzard

Banned
why is vayne mentally draining to some? Not saying she is ashe or mf easy but once you get her basics down how to use is a matter of if you have condemn or your ulti.
Sorry, I was meaning two different things. I think Draven is mentally draining kind of like...maybe Cass? (guessing, I don't play Cass) It's because if you don't run away from each hit, trying to juggle axes, save mana, possibly use W, and watch cooldowns takes a lot of focus for me.

The comparison to Vayne was because, though everyone knows Vayne can be ultra strong, having someone who's not good with Vayne is a recipe for disaster and feeding the other team's bottom lane, and I am guessing Draven could be the same way. Having someone who's not good with say, Caitlyn, is at least in theory slightly safer since they are probably going to be poking from a longer distance than Vayne would be.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Sorry, I was meaning two different things. I think Draven is mentally draining kind of like...maybe Cass? (guessing, I don't play Cass) It's because if you don't run away from each hit, trying to juggle axes, save mana, possibly use W, and watch cooldowns takes a lot of focus for me.

The comparison to Vayne was because, though everyone knows Vayne can be ultra strong, having someone who's not good with Vayne is a recipe for disaster and feeding the other team's bottom lane, and I am guessing Draven could be the same way. Having someone who's not good with say, Caitlyn, is at least in theory slightly safer since they are probably going to be poking from a longer distance than Vayne would be.

Since you used cass an example I know what you mean. I don't use casters that often anymore sick of them but my experiences on other accounts with her made me realize she isn't ez mode like ryze, swain, or malzahar can be.

I agree with assertion. Though vayne compared to draven in that case draven has a lot more range to play with. He can keep peging vayne to death before she can really trade off with him.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I don't know how I feel about her electric harp keyboard synthesizer.

You fire out 2 lasers from that keyboard, think about that for a second. 2 lasers, and if you're not up against a kill lane it's actually pretty damn annoying.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

I posted this a while back but this is pretty much how I feel about Draven.

"I'd say right now that Draven is one of the stronger bot lane carries right now at the moment. It's most especially true if you go 21/9/0 (you don't need any in utility since his mana sustain is irrelevant). He has innate tankiness compared to other AD carries, I believe that his armor and MR are at 39/42 with runes and Masteries, compared to Vayne who has 2?/3?. Not only that but maxing out his Q early deals incredible damage and causes bleed. If you put that together with his ability to chase because of his w in combination with the fact that the axes land where you're walking, you can perpetually keep throwing your q at them. Most Dravens I've played against are horrible or don't know how to engage with him properly. They don't even have his double procs up so you can harass and back off. His E is also particularly good since it stops people temporarily and slows them for a while allowing the chase kit to work even better. His ult's a good snipe tool if you know the speed and how to time it.

Draven overall is a very strong early and mid game. I don't think people understand how to play his late game though. You are supposed to have the double proc axes up but you're not supposed to be constantly catching them. Often times you will be moving to attack in team fights but if you're not the axes will usually come back to you. If they don't then don't catch them since the cool down is so short anyway. If they do come back then just keep spamming W. I also would like to point out that most people don't understand his rotation with axes. If you have one Q up then you throw your Q, do an autoattack, catch the Q and throw it again and rinse and repeat. This is also without movement since the axes usually come back to you. Draven is very strong, stronger that Varus (since his stacks don't come into play until it's lvl 3+)."

Having said that, his late game is subpar to okay.

garath

New champion rotation:

NUNU
DRAVEN
LEBLANC
POPPY
SHEN
ALISTAR
ORIANNA
ZILEAN
CAITLYN
FIZZ

Expect lots of Draven this week.

So blind pick Kassadin mid all week for me. I suppose Vlad would hold his own against LB and Fizz too. Just have to time the pool right and stack MR against LB.

kayos90

Honestly, I don't get why they put champions that you can get for free on the free week. It's an absolute waste of space.

zkylon

zkylewd
Honestly, I don't get why they put champions that you can get for free on the free week. It's an absolute waste of space.
Not everybody has Facebook/Youtube accounts? I know, it's a minority, but they deserve some love too :)

I think I may try Zilean. I need a support champ for my roster and he kinda fits, though I want one with sustain. How's Kayle support, anyone? Her heal is pretty shitty for bot, I think, but if I leveled it up instead of her lovely fiery sword of destruction maybe it'd be decent enough I wouldn't have to dish out 3150 for Sona...

And I'm gonna have fun trying up Fizz this week. I love that guy's ability of rendering my Lux utterly useless.

kayos90

The same reason why Ashe is almost in every other rotation

*sigh* honestly this kind of bugs me. I've seen certain champs every other week yet champs like Akali have shown up I think a total of 4 times in both seasons combined. That's freaking ridiculous.

garath

*sigh* honestly this kind of bugs me. I've seen certain champs every other week yet champs like Akali have shown up I think a total of 4 times in both seasons combined. That's freaking ridiculous.

I think largely they are trying to provide a couple viable champs from every role and unfortunately hybrids like Akali don't fit in that well. When there's only 8 or so AD carries and you want 2+ per week, you're going to see repeats.

Trying to decide if I should buy Morde or not. I played him on free week and was fun but he doesn't seem to carry as hard as the other AP mids. Torn.

kayos90

I think largely they are trying to provide a couple viable champs from every role and unfortunately hybrids like Akali don't fit in that well. When there's only 8 or so AD carries and you want 2+ per week, you're going to see repeats.

Uh... Jax isn't Hybrid? Shit...

FoxSpirit

Fizz and Zilean?? Good week, I wanted to try Fizz the mid destroyer and Zilean the troll support. Damn you, time bombs.
Though that also means I now have to buy Sona. With a good team, she is so fun, speedbursting at the right time secures so many kills, especially if you time it with a powerchord and autoattack for the slow. Or for fun, if things go well, Lich bane+damage power chord. Lots of damage noone expects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom