• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ahri's default skin and Midnight Ahri just look better imo.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nah, Foxfire Ahri, no competition. Also, what's wrong with schoolgirls? Oh wait, I'm a grown man...nevermind...perverts...

Inskipp

Take my RP!(somehow make a fry pic)

5wJAL.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Haha, Lulu is so hilariously broken. Had a Malphite chasing my friendly Kat from their jungle back to our base, he's spamming everything he's got while Kat is at like 2% HP. I just keep continuously polymorphing, glitterlancing, and shielding Kat all the way back home.

Felt kinda bad for him.

Blizzard

Banned
Haha, Lulu is so hilariously broken. Had a Malphite chasing my friendly Kat from their jungle back to our base, he's spamming everything he's got while Kat is at like 2% HP. I just keep continuously polymorphing, glitterlancing, and shielding Kat all the way back home.

Felt kinda bad for him.
That doesn't really sound broken to me, and it's not continuous. If you were at absolute max 40% CDR, then glitterlance has a 4-second cooldown, shield has a 6-second cooldown, and polymorph has a 7-second cooldown. The shield could in theory be continuous, but the others wouldn't be since the durations are 2 seconds and 2.5 seconds.

If a lulu has 40% CDR then it means she's had time or gold to farm and buy lots of items, or her team is being really nice and letting her have blue. It sounds like she already has an advantage and is doing well in that game.

In particular, lulu is a champion that excels at helping another champion escape, so that's basically what she does. Especially with the kat combo, it's kind of silly since kat could just shunpo to wards (and a flash + shunpo should probably be enough to escape most people unless they have crazy chasing ability). Malphite's not the most amazing chaser either. Only the Q speed boost or ult would give him a chance of catching someone, and I don't think either one is spammable (4-second cooldown absolute minimum, looks like).

Compare that escape with something like Ahri and the triple dash.

Pancakes

That doesn't really sound broken to me, and it's not continuous. If you were at absolute max 40% CDR, then glitterlance has a 4-second cooldown, shield has a 6-second cooldown, and polymorph has a 7-second cooldown. The shield could in theory be continuous, but the others wouldn't be since the durations are 2 seconds and 2.5 seconds.

If a lulu has 40% CDR then it means she's had time or gold to farm and buy lots of items, or her team is being really nice and letting her have blue. It sounds like she already has an advantage and is doing well in that game.

In particular, lulu is a champion that excels at helping another champion escape, so that's basically what she does. Especially with the kat combo, it's kind of silly since kat could just shunpo to wards (and a flash + shunpo should probably be enough to escape most people unless they have crazy chasing ability). Malphite's not the most amazing chaser either. Only the Q speed boost or ult would give him a chance of catching someone, and I don't think either one is spammable (4-second cooldown absolute minimum, looks like).

Compare that escape with something like Ahri and the triple dash.

The other team had a troll Morde that was feeding pretty bad, we were all heavily fed and our team dicked around so it ended up being a 45 minute or so game.

Blizzard

Banned
I only played one game today after not playing in like 3 years. Sona floated me to victory, with assistance from their AP mid who was disconnected for 10 minutes. Tragically I died and lost my purple eyeball right before the game ended to be like 2/1/20. :(

Q8D3vil

Felt kinda bad for him.
so if alistar did Q W combo on malphite and kat escaped he will be broken too ?
i hate how people throw "broken" like candy here.

Gladly won since we started steamrolling around midgame. Trundle threatened to build AD after dying several times due to derp actions. One time at bot, we were chasing a Kat but we were past the first tower so I called a retreat. We went back to our first bot tower and true enough, there were two other champs coming from the bush I warded earlier. We defended it a bit and saw them retreat.

You know his smart idea? Go all out push almost immediately after those 3 enemy champs just disappeared from visibility. He promptly died. I'm not spending more than a Condemn to save him from 3 people.

0zQpr.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
Wow, can't believe I played 8 full team matches today, but we won 5, so I guess the end result was positive. Mostly Sona, but also Malph, Kayle and Annie. I'm feeling kinda confident about Sona, but I don't really know what to equip her with. I'm just obeying this guide at the moment: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=10138

Ken

Wow, can't believe I played 8 full team matches today, but we won 5, so I guess the end result was positive. Mostly Sona, but also Malph, Kayle and Annie. I'm feeling kinda confident about Sona, but I don't really know what to equip her with. I'm just obeying this guide at the moment: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=10138

Not a whole lot of deviation in support items. Maybe a little exists in the order of aura items you're building but in the end you will pick up an Aegis and Shureliyas.

^if they had a decent jungler who capitalized on you not having flash it probably would have gone much differently. Oh wait you don't have a jungler either. What is going on in that game. :I

zkylon

zkylewd
Not a whole lot of deviation in support items. Maybe a little exists in the order of aura items you're building but in the end you will pick up an Aegis and Shureliyas.

^if they had a decent jungler who capitalized on you not having flash it probably would have gone much differently. Oh wait you don't have a jungler either. What is going on in that game. :I
Is Aegis really worth it? 10 armor and magic resist doesn't really seem like much...

I'm doing right now Shurelya's, CDR Boots, Heart of Gold, Tear of the Goddess and a slot reserved for wards. I don't really know what to build HoG into and the few times I bought Aegis it was always pretty late in the game for it to matter much. I might start getting maybe a Frozen Heart, since I love that item.

Ken

Is Aegis really worth it? 10 armor and magic resist doesn't really seem like much...

I'm doing right now Shurelya's, CDR Boots, Heart of Gold, Tear of the Goddess and a slot reserved for wards. I don't really know what to build HoG into and the few times I bought Aegis it was always pretty late in the game for it to matter much. I might start getting maybe a Frozen Heart, since I love that item.

That's why you get Aegis early.

You shouldn't need Tear unless you're spamming abilities like crazy.

Was the Themes tab always in the store or is that new for PFE? I'm guessing we're going to be seeing more champions or skins bundled with profile picture and summoner page banners.

daxy

Can't buy RP on EUW. Must get that ridiculous skin :U

Seriously though, hope they fix this soon. And here I thought only NA got these crazy server issues. Give me some boosts to make up for this horror, Riot!

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Combine with the armor and resist it give with the aura, you get like 30 armor, 40 magic resist, and 270 health for 2k gold, think of the aura as bonus.

Yes. Especially on supports who usually have some sort of defensive buff as well. With Sona and her W it's especially good. Everyone gets +30 defensive stats, which is a considerable amount.

Was the Themes tab always in the store or is that new for PFE? I'm guessing we're going to be seeing more champions or skins bundled with profile picture and summoner page banners.

New for PFE.

Edit: Every Dom game I played yesterday had PFE. On both sides.

Ferga

I LOVE PULSEFIRE EZREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my elo, it's like nobody knows how to play ezreal. I just destroy every single one in lane and come out 6/0 in 20minutes and solo 2 dragons

Free elo for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom