• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Self:
+250 health
+30 armor
+39 MR
+8 AD

Allies
+12 armor
+15 MR
+8 AD

It's an incredibly cost efficient item. Compare the aura to its item equivalents.
+12 armor ---> 300G Cloth Armor gives 18
+15 MR ---> 400G Null-Magic Mantle gives 24
+8 AD ---> 415G Long Sword gives 10

It's like free basic items for everyone. If you compute the stats the aura gives to the cost of those basic items, it's 200+250+332= 782g worth of items per ally. Honestly the best all around defense item if the enemy damage is nicely mixed up. This can't really be swapped unless the match drags really long where everyone gets more than 20k, which is when you should probably get GAs.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Did you know that Mundo can't do solo bot in Dom?

I didn't.
As a champion who scales extremely well with stats Mundo has an extremely weak early game. He can be pushed out of lane easily, and doesn't really have much potential to fight back. When people try to lane Mundo top on SR I know I'll probably snowball or shut him out hard.

As a champion who scales extremely well with stats Mundo has an extremely weak early game. He can be pushed out of lane easily, and doesn't really have much potential to fight back. When people try to lane Mundo top on SR I know I'll probably snowball or shut him out hard.

I've learned this over the last two days. Late game he's amazing, but his early game is so, so weak. No wonder people play him as a jungler in SR.

dimb

he can beat up a lot of junglers actually, especially around lvl 3-4, and since he usually runs exhaust smite
Jungling is very different than laning. Mundo comes out on top of jungle duels for a few reasons. He has unpredictable pathing because of his fast clear times and the ability to roam nearly anywhere around the map. If you are going for a level three or four duel in the jungle you want to have a buff advantage and/or a level advantage while catching the enemy jungler off guard and potentially with low health.

Mundo becomes a much stronger counter jungler mid game or post six. Before that you are running something pretty high risk, particularly against tanky junglers with CC that can hold you in place until their allies come. Losing your buffs for first blood isn't always advantageous.

brian!

Jungling is very different than laning. Mundo comes out on top of jungle duels for a few reasons. He has unpredictable pathing because of his fast clear times and the ability to roam nearly anywhere around the map. If you are going for a level three or four duel in the jungle you want to have a buff advantage and/or a level advantage while catching the enemy jungler off guard and potentially with low health.

Mundo becomes a much stronger counter jungler mid game or post six. Before that you are running something pretty high risk, particularly against tanky junglers with CC that can hold you in place until their allies come. Losing your buffs for first blood isn't always advantageous.

right, just putting it out to southern that he is in jungle for more reasons other than that he is a horrible laner, and that his dueling potential is good (he can go in and out, low cd cc and cc reduction, huge steroid at 3/4)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Awright, point taken, will see where I can fit Aegis.

On support characters I usually go:

Janna: get fast Phlio, HOG, and Kages, she's pretty quick even without boots
Everyone else: Try to get Philo HOG boots then kage's.

After the triple GP5 you have a good number of choices for aura items. You should be looking at your team comp to see what your 5th item should be.

If you have 2-3 characters that rely on attacks try to get a Zeke's herald
If the opposing team has 2-3 characters that rely on auto attacks get a Frozen Heart

If you have a heavy AP team try to build a Will of the Ancients
If the opposing team has alot of AOE damage or your team is just doing bad in teamfights get a an Aegis

You should be talking with your jungler to see if they are going to build towards a frozen heart or Aegis, it's just a fantastic item that gives you a good deal of survivability and a great aura that hurts the enemy AD but the aura doesn't stack.

If you can't afford any of the above, get a locket of the iron solari (it's only 1400 gold after HOG while aegis is like 1900 something gold)

The order in which you buy these items will vary and you'll need to start developing sense for what sort of aura that your team needs. It all comes with experience.

And as always, never leave base without at least 2 wards as a support.

Ken

On support characters I usually go:

Janna: get fast Phlio, HOG, and Kages, she's pretty quick even without boots
Everyone else: Try to get Philo HOG boots then kage's.

After the triple GP5 you have a good number of choices for aura items. You should be looking at your team comp to see what your 5th item should be.

If you have 2-3 characters that rely on attacks try to get a Zeke's herald
If the opposing team has 2-3 characters that rely on auto attacks get a Frozen Heart

If you have a heavy AP team try to build a Will of the Ancients
If the opposing team has alot of AOE damage or your team is just doing bad in teamfights get a an Aegis

You should be talking with your jungler to see if they are going to build towards a frozen heart or Aegis, it's just a fantastic item that gives you a good deal of survivability and a great aura that hurts the enemy AD but the aura doesn't stack.

If you can't afford any of the above, get a locket of the iron solari (it's only 1400 gold after HOG while aegis is like 1900 something gold)

The order in which you buy these items will vary and you'll need to start developing sense for what sort of aura that your team needs. It all comes with experience.

And as always, never leave base without at least 2 wards as a support.

Triple GP5? That's interesting. I usually just go double GP5 and build into Shureliya's or Aegis ASAP after boots just for a nice advantage in early teamfights if the other support has yet to build any aura items.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Triple GP5? That's interesting. I usually just go double GP5 and build into Shureliya's or Aegis ASAP after boots just for a nice advantage in early teamfights if the other support has yet to build any aura items.

I'm not sure which is better tbh. Most of the support streams I watch they all go for triple GP5. I suppose if you believe that the game won't go on for another 20 minutes (it takes 25.5 minutes for Kage's to pay for itself) then go for other items I guess.

Ken

I'm not sure which is better tbh. Most of the support streams I watch they all go for triple GP5. I suppose if you believe that the game won't go on for another 20 minutes (it takes 25.5 minutes for Kage's to pay for itself) then go for other items I guess.

Well, if that's what support streams do I guess that's probably the best.

I don't watch support streams.

I don't know though. It might make sense if you aren't expecting any team fights by 20 minutes but having that Shureliya's to help with an unexpected engage or the Aegis to make your team mates a bit more tankier than the enemy seems like it would help a bit more than having an extra GP5 on the support.

dimb

Kage's isn't really that helpful on supports. You don't really need that much gold per ten and it doesn't build into anything super useful. You can get it if you're really far ahead or something, but the early CDR on something else is much more beneficial.

Awright, point taken, will see where I can fit Aegis.

Trust me, it's great. GAF also had to beat me over the head with the greatness that is Aegis.

right, just putting it out to southern that he is in jungle for more reasons other than that he is a horrible laner, and that his dueling potential is good (he can go in and out, low cd cc and cc reduction, huge steroid at 3/4)

Thank you! I do appreciate the pointers. In Dom I'm branching out, or trying to. Even if I don't learn a champ really well it's good to know what they can do from personal experience in using that champ.

Get Philo/HoG with GP10 quints/runes/masteries. It'll be the equivalent of a triple GP10 build.

I used to run Kage's but I found it actually set me back. With Philo/Stone/---- I find that I can comfortably keep up with everyone else in gold. This is crucial, since it allows me to afford Oracles and 5 wards every time I go to base. In the games I play support in I usually have at least 3 wards deployed at any one time and 4 wards on my person.

I upgrade Philo after I get Athena's (on Sona).

Q8D3vil

PS -> HOG -> boots level 1 -> aegis -> boots level 2 -> shurelya -> Omen

best support build while running gp10 quint and masteries.

Wrekt

I don't understand people that queue ranked and can only perform one role. How can you not know how to support, jungle or AD?

Q8D3vil

I don't understand people that queue ranked and can only perform one role. How can you not know how to support, jungle or AD?
im sure anyone can play any role of they have more than 30 rank game. the worst lie of them when last pick says " i dont have support character so i cant play support".
fucking lying scumbags.

I never upgrade HoG, though. Still need a good gold income for lategame warding.
u should get money from assists, upgrading will depend on the character itself. RO dont fit squishy support like soraka and janna anyway so better keep it anyway.

u should get money from assists, upgrading will depend on the character itself. RO dont fit squishy support like soraka and janna anyway so better keep it anyway.

I personally prefer having a solid, dependable revenue stream, especially for those lategame deadlocks. Having a dependable source of wards is paramount. But, different styles for different folks!

That's why I wish (hear me, Rayven!) that we had a Practice Room, like Training Mode in Smash Bros. Adjust your items, your levels, your opponent's level and items, spawn minions, a tower, all instantly and on the fly. Hell, find a way to make it so that you can record a set of actions for the opposing champ, so you can practice responding. Malphite ult getting you every time? Practice dodging that!

In your case, you'd pick an enemy champ, set them to "Stand", set their health to "Infinite" or something similar, then whack away, getting used to your Bouncing Blades.

Ken

kinda hard when every time i enter a game the first thing i hear is " why are you playing [X] when you don't know how to play [X]. [unbridled rage]"

Bot games? Or you can play with me and I'll play support with you and no one will ever know that you can't catch axes.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Bot games? Or you can play with me and I'll play support with you and no one will ever know that you can't catch axes.
I am down to get carried. Also bot games really do suck, it's hard to get a feel for real players cuz they'll try to stop you from catching, bots won't. I go mid most of the time with bots so I can catch often with no problem. Real people are a pain though, they know when to attack. People will kill you before your sword hits the ground.

ShdwDrake

Banned
Hey guys I have 3 rune pages and I want to know what GAF thinks are the best for AD, AP, and Tank/Support that will work for the majority of champions?

dimb

I've been playing like absolute dog shit yesterday and today. Not sure what gives ;/
You've had plenty of good games too. Just keep going at it. In general GAF has to respond better to invades and it can set the jungler really far back.
i lost 4 times in a row last night =| once with fiora.

also i really want to buy draven but i suck at catching his swords. ugh dunno what to do.
Draven is a really weird character who associates best with an aggressive playstyle. Catching the swords is easiest when chasing enemies, so you want to put them on the run and under pressure. This really just doesn't suit some people's play style, and mixing farm with aggression is one of the most difficult things.

I feel kind of obligated to buy him because all of my games with him have been really positive. He obliterates low survivability targets, but has a lot of difficulty when it comes to chewing through tankier champions who can displace him.

If you want to practice how Draven works in teamfights you can always take him to Dominion, but his laning phase is more important and you really just need to play on Summoners Rift. If champions don't click with you after a few games they probably just aren't for you though. The roster is big enough to accommodate you otherwise.

IsayFever

WEMHv.jpg

My plan to just play Volibear still working out swimmingly. Built a rune page and mastery set just for him, devouring all competition omnomnom

Ken

I am down to get carried. Also bot games really do suck, it's hard to get a feel for real players cuz they'll try to stop you from catching, bots won't. I go mid most of the time with bots so I can catch often with no problem. Real people are a pain though, they know when to attack. People will kill you before your sword hits the ground.

Are you on NA? You can find me in the chat as corgi.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Are you on NA? You can find me in the chat as corgi.
I'll try and get on later tonight.
You've had plenty of good games too. Just keep going at it. In general GAF has to respond better to invades and it can set the jungler really far back.

Draven is a really weird character who associates best with an aggressive playstyle. Catching the swords is easiest when chasing enemies, so you want to put them on the run and under pressure. This really just doesn't suit some people's play style, and mixing farm with aggression is one of the most difficult things.

I feel kind of obligated to buy him because all of my games with him have been really positive. He obliterates low survivability targets, but has a lot of difficulty when it comes to chewing through tankier champions who can displace him.

If you want to practice how Draven works in teamfights you can always take him to Dominion, but his laning phase is more important and you really just need to play on Summoners Rift. If champions don't click with you after a few games they probably just aren't for you though. The roster is big enough to accommodate you otherwise.
Thing is I am aggressive. But I really don't know if he's for me because it's hard to get a feel when no one will support you.

dimb

Thing is I am aggressive. But I really don't know if he's for me because it's hard to get a feel when no one will support you.
Well he's reliant on his support. If you aren't in games with supports you feel comfortable with I don't know that I'd take him.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Well he's reliant on his support. If you aren't in games with supports you feel comfortable with I don't know that I'd take him.
of course i wouldn't buy him on impulse, i learned that through garen and shavana. but it would be nice to get a real feel of a champ. i didn't buy fiora till the second or third time she was in rotation.

LCGeek

formerly sane
of course i wouldn't buy him on impulse, i learned that through garen and shavana. but it would be nice to get a real feel of a champ. i didn't buy fiora till the second or third time she was in rotation.

Buying on impulse is bad I have xerath and basically feel like never using him just due to how he gels with how I play.

Since we are on the subjects of people to buy. I need another mid ap champ to get in the 3000 IP range any suggestions.

Pancakes

Buying on impulse is bad I have xerath and basically feel like never using him just due to how he gels with how I play.

Since we are on the subjects of people to buy. I need another mid ap champ to get in the 3000 IP range any suggestions.

Morgana is 1350 I think, easily one of the best AP mids in the game (Don't buy her if you play ranked though). Veigar is fun too, crazy burst on that duder.

y2dvd

Wow, I can finally log in again without 50 minute queues or the server not being too busy. Time to play again.

*edit yeah yeah I'm back!

susES.jpg

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Ahri and Cassiopeia are the most fun AP mids in the game.(imo of course) I'd save for one of them personally.

If you don't want to wait that long get Kennen. He has no bad lane matchups. Press R and run at people in team fights for free wins

Blizzard

Banned
Banned in draft a lot too, the former.
That's why he said don't buy her if you play ranked. :p

I tried Kennen but I could never figure out how to work the abilities and energy stuff (maybe I was supposed to have an energy-specific rune page or something). I guess I would need to farm a lot so I'm tanky enough to not immediately die if I ult, until I get hourglass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom