• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeroSauce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFw-C__upQg

SivHD with a really interesting support idea. Instead of using a traditional support for sustain or a kill lane in bot, you use Hecarim for his passive (ignores unit collision.) You load yourself up with armor runes/masteries and you stand on friendly minions that are about to be last hit by the enemy carry. Hec is so big, they just end up attacking you and miss their CS.

I don't think it'll end up being really viable but it's still a pretty cool idea.

It doesn't really work because the aggro from minions isn't worth having a beefy support that basically does nothing except block hits.

You take an Ezreal and Soraka against him and he's just going to die eventually.

Wrekt

It doesn't really work because the aggro from minions isn't worth having a beefy support that basically does nothing except block hits.

You take an Ezreal and Soraka against him and he's just going to die eventually.

He may get pushed out after awhile but how many CS will Ezreal lose in the process? More than 300g worth I'm betting. In fact I think that build would be strongest against Ezreal since he doesn't really have a way to CS under Hecarim. Corki or Sivir would have a much easier time against that tactic, imo.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So I guess the nerf on Xerath's ultimate was intentional, just premature.
Hey guys, here to explain what happened with Xerath and provide some updates

First, the ultimate change was intended for a number of reasons:
1) It brings Xerath’s playstyle closer to what we originally envisioned with the character (Constant siege barrage instead of instant burst)
2) The animation was broken with the previous ultimate and we wanted to fix that

We were also aware that this was a significant nerf to Xerath and intended to buff him at the same time to compensate for it, what we did NOT intend was the animation changes going in without the buffs accompanying it.

We will be giving Xerath the intended buffs in the next patch. We messed up on this one and I apologize on behalf of the team to all the Xerath players out there.
I'm interested to see what they do with him, as the nerf to his ultimate was pretty massive. They'd really have to make up for it in other places. I still don't really know how he'd stack up versus Ziggs, who has that sustained poke on one ability in addition to the burst on his ultimate.

garath

I'm interested to see what they do with him, as the nerf to his ultimate was pretty massive. They'd really have to make up for it in other places. I still don't really know how he'd stack up versus Ziggs, who has that sustained poke on one ability in addition to the burst on his ultimate.

As it is I barely see any Xerath players. It'd have to be a pretty significant buff.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

This explain why I miss all 3 of my ult on ahri, while before the patch I hit her everytime. If only they just put it in the stupid patch note that there is a delay, then I woul be more aware of it.

Sub-level 30 games are so boring. We spend the last 20 minutes of the game hanging around mid, slowly taking down their towers. We get the inhibitors and then hang around in their base. Zzzzzzzzz

Is Woad Ashe any good for 260 RP?

dimb

This explain why I miss all 3 of my ult on ahri, while before the patch I hit her everytime. If only they just put it in the stupid patch note that there is a delay, then I woul be more aware of it.
Edit: Oh, nevermind, misread your post. Yeah, his ult got destroyed. I already thought it was slow but now it's just like...yuck.

scy

Sub-level 30 games are so boring. We spend the last 20 minutes of the game hanging around mid, slowly taking down their towers. We get the inhibitors and then hang around in their base. Zzzzzzzzz

This is probably the worst part of low level play right now. I think I need to start learning how to jungle just so there can be less of this two people top lane shenanigans as well :|

IsayFever

This is probably the worst part of low level play right now. I think I need to start learning how to jungle just so there can be less of this two people top lane shenanigans as well :|

Get warwick, can jungle pretty well without runes.

garath

Unfortunately if someone jungles in the low level lanes, top lane gets utterly destroyed 2v1. Lower level people don't know how to play 1v2 and the jungler usually isn't good enough to make up the difference.

dimb

Is there anything worse than a team that initiates late game fights 4v5 and throws the game?

zkylon

zkylewd
Like what.
A bunch of them are called Spider-Man, for starters :p

Have to put that $100 dollar mouse to good use.

It still feels weird to me. But of course I used this only for 10+ years

vg85191_123950-Gadget32-Intellimouse_b.jpg
I had that one myself for almost 10 years myself and it got slammed against the wall once I was doing some "expansions" to my desk, and it died in the scene. I went out my way to find another one but couldn't so bought another cheap Microsoft mouse and so far no complaints, except that it's a bit smaller than I'd like.

This one (1113):

20100619sa-microsoft-basic-optical-mouse-side-angle-300x222.jpg

scy

Get warwick, can jungle pretty well without runes.

Shyvana is on sale so I figured between her and jungling on Riven, I can figure something out. Maybe. Lack of runes and all to help the role hurts without better ways to sustain.

Unfortunately if someone jungles in the low level lanes, top lane gets utterly destroyed 2v1. Lower level people don't know how to play 1v2 and the jungler usually isn't good enough to make up the difference.

Meh, most my top lanes have been relatively bad so I've had to just deal with 2v1 :( Just feels like an awkward spot currently where sharing top is annoying and the lack of a jungler means the other lanes suffer when they need help.

Than and I figure learning the routes and getting a feel for it works best at low level rather than waiting for 20+ where everyone else knows it already :x

IsayFever

Shyvana is on sale so I figured between her and jungling on Riven, I can figure something out. Maybe. Lack of runes and all to help the role hurts without better ways to sustain.

Eh the tried and true wriggles builds of old will keep you going. Just get the timing down and gank paths memorized and you'll be fine.

scy

Just get the timing down and gank paths memorized and you'll be fine.

Which is basically why I want to pick up a Jungler and learn it now :x I know none of that yet, lol.

Though, I did expect Wriggles and pots would be enough low level sustain (since no one else has runes anyway) but figured it'd be easier with other champs.

IsayFever

Which is basically why I want to pick up a Jungler and learn it now :x I know none of that yet, lol.

Though, I did expect Wriggles and pots would be enough low level sustain (since no one else has runes anyway) but figured it'd be easier with other champs.

That's why I suggested WW, his passive is life steal on hit and it stacks with Wriggles and Spirit Visage and the likes. Mass sustain with good damage / ganks post lvl 6. He's a farming beast and late game tank as well

garath

For Shyv, start cloth armor + 5 health pots. Level W first and run around the jungle as fast as possible. Build boots + more pots first back then wriggles. From there get phage and wit's end.

She's a tough ganker. No CC to speak of so it'll be best if your lanes have some CC. She can chase well though and roam the enemies jungle as well. She's fast so focus on getting involved in the team fights and just showing a presence to help win lanes.

scy

That's why I suggested WW, his passive is life steal on hit and it stacks with Wriggles and Spirit Visage and the likes. Mass sustain with good damage / ganks post lvl 6. He's a farming beast and late game tank as well

Just wish I had bought him when he was on sale :/

She's a tough ganker. No CC to speak of so it'll be best if your lanes have some CC. She can chase well though and roam the enemies jungle as well. She's fast so focus on getting involved in the team fights and just showing a presence to help win lanes.

That's about my only "worry" with her is the hard gank. At best, the high mobility and output can get pushing out the lane some but a bit rough actually dropping someone if the lane can't snare/stun for me.

Just reading guides and waiting to get home to try it out, really. Should be a nice change of pace from learning top at least.

dimb

I don't think Shyvana is a good choice for beginning junglers. She is highly reliant on knowing when and how to invade, and you won't be able to support your lanes as well with the weak ganks.

I would really recommend someone like Skarner, who has strong base stats, is versatile with fast clear times, and strong ganks. He is a safe jungler resistant to counter jungling who also scales well enough into mid and late game and has a lot of control in team fights.

One thing I really hate is when teams don't capitalize on advantage and instead prefer to run around farming random creeps while talking about how pro they are.

Lost so many games because of that attitude.

IsayFever

I don't think Shyvana is a good choice for beginning junglers. She is highly reliant on knowing when and how to invade, and you won't be able to support your lanes as well with the weak ganks.

I would really recommend someone like Skarner, who has strong base stats, is versatile with fast clear times, and strong ganks. He is a safe jungler resistant to counter jungling who also scales well enough into mid and late game and has a lot of control in team fights.

2nd'd skarner op

dimb

Welp, Pulsefire Ezreal is up. Say goodbye to ever seeing another AD carry on your team for the next week or two.

scy

Well, I just wanted something to do besides top and Shyvana is on sale. That's pretty much the extent of my logic.

Welp, Pulsefire Ezreal is up. Say goodbye to ever seeing another AD carry on your team for the next week or two.

I kind of wonder if I'll see him at these low summoner levels. I'd like to think no but I've been proven wrong enough times on this already...

Nocturne, Nocturne, and more Nocturne.

Ken

A bunch of them are called Spider-Man, for starters :p

Peter Parker runes and Spider-Man masteries for Nautilus jungle. :I

What level are you, scy? Are you on the NA servers? I might have some smurfs I can use to play with you if you're always playing alone.

I recommend Nocturne. Great passive for sustain and clearing, nice CC with his fear, a spell shield, and darkness. Depending on how the game goes, you can build tanky or into a carry if your AD carry isn't doing their job.

At low level games, it will be hard to coordinate Skarner's ultimate with your teammates. Playing with randoms, I'll ult and...my teammates are already super far away because they are too scared to engage with more than half health.

I think Shyvana is a pretty tough jungler too, but the advantage she has is if you get invaded at blue you can always start red and not really fall behind like other mana-dependent junglers. The problem with her is her lack of CC, which is why I bring Smite/Exhaust which usually helps secure a kill or first blood. Other than that, I really like her late game when you get her tanky enough to just dive in and initiate teamfights for you team (because no one wants to initiate fights in solo queue). Lee Sin is kind of similar too, but he's pretty dependent on you being able to land your Q skill shot.

Maokai is another great jungler, IMO. Easy and low cooldown CC, can become pretty tanky, saplings, and he's a tree. Can't really mess up ganks with his W (being a projectile, if they flash, you follow them to their destination), and his passive gives you some decent sustain early on. Malphite is nice too, especially if you pick him against a double AD comp.; he has okay ganks pre-6 with his slow and he's rock solid.

Nautilus is nice too but without runes you'll have very low clear times and he lacks anyway to carry a team if your team doesn't capitalize on your successful ganks.

Soda would recommend his waifu Sejuani jungle.

Well I just spent all my ip on Ezreal. Now to decide if I actually wanna spend money on that skin. I kind of want to save it for that Malphite skin that leaked a few weeks ago.

Ken

Well I just spent all my ip on Ezreal. Now to decide if I actually wanna spend money on that skin. I kind of want to save it for that Malphite skin that leaked a few weeks ago.

You could just buy both.

I wish you could use the summoner icon without using the ugly banner. Yes, I hate Pulsefire Ezreal's design and especially his mask/face. Oh well, time to never use PFE.

Yeah, I was thinking about just spending $20. I have 1206 left over RP right now. This is tough, haha. I should probably not spend anymore money than I have to right now. I'm planning on going on vacation next week.

scy

What level are you, scy? Are you on the NA servers? I might have some smurfs I can use to play with you if you're always playing alone.

~12 and on NA. I literally just started after Opiate convinced me to (/I watched MLG and was like "Shit man, I haven't played DotA since like ... it started"). I haven't sat down and started the summoner level grind yet what with being a bit busy and the server hang ups.

I've just been learning Riven/top and figured that the low levels where I'm going like 20+/2 could be better used learning the ins and outs of the roles and the map layout rather than stomping random new players and not getting much out of it besides an appreciation of snowballing.

And Shyvana choice was pretty much because I know she's a good Jungler and she's on sale. Actually, mostly the latter, honestly. Though, I suppose I already have Alistar (or even just jungle Riven) if I wanted to be cheap on my RP :|

Ken

~12 and on NA. I literally just started after Opiate convinced me to (/I watched MLG and was like "Shit man, I haven't played DotA since like ... it started"). I haven't sat down and started the summoner level grind yet what with being a bit busy and the server hang ups.

I've just been learning Riven/top and figured that the low levels where I'm going like 20+/2 could be better used learning the ins and outs of the roles and the map layout rather than stomping random new players and not getting much out of it besides an appreciation of snowballing.

And Shyvana choice was pretty much because I know she's a good Jungler and she's on sale. Actually, mostly the latter, honestly. Though, I suppose I already have Alistar (or even just jungle Riven) if I wanted to be cheap on my RP :|

I have a level 9 if you ever want to play.

Still no Foxfire Ahri. I am disappoint.

Naut is kinda squishy early and thats why I prefer doing flat.
I totally agree with this. Although I play Naut as a support mainly and haven't had many opportunities to jungle him yet and the few times I did were painful. I love the character so I want to keep at it and the Flat makes sense because despite being one of the largest champs he takes a beating early on from small attacks.

Everyone should just buy Dynasty Ahri instead.
I would but I love the default costume so much.

Ken

I totally agree with this. Although I play Naut as a support mainly and haven't had many opportunities to jungle him yet and the few times I did were painful. I love the character so I want to keep at it and the Flat makes sense because despite being one of the largest champs he takes a beating early on from small attacks.

I would but I love the default costume so much.

What was painful about Nautilus jungle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom