• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

I can make up my not buying Warwick and try him out this week I guess. Kayle too, but I think that's now just me being the cheapest person ever for not buying her.

Time to dust off Shyvana and do some counter-jungling this week.

I can make up my not buying Warwick and try him out this week I guess. Kayle too, but I think that's now just me being the cheapest person ever for not buying her.

450ip and she can play every damn role. -_-

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Like I said, cheapest person ever.

Actually, I just keep forgetting to buy her but still.

Without AS runes she's such a chore to play in the early game. But with them, oh my.

y2dvd

AFAIK, he's always been quite strong, but his ult used to be bugged so that even if you hit it perfectly, it wouldn't knock anyone up. Now that his ult has been fixed, he's finally getting the love he deserves and people view him as more of a threat.

He has had a few quality of life boosts as well (better HP scaling, AOE increased on ult, etc.)

Ah. Yeah, Malph has always been my go to jungle tank if we needed one. Nice to see him getting some love.

zkylon

zkylewd
Huh, nothing really interesting for me this week aside from Akali. I think I'll continue working my Sona and see about buying her some runes.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Huh, I guess triple GP5 was hurting my play.

TqC1J.png

Ken

Akali seems like a champion that should rarely been free since she requires her own rune page and is easily countered by pink wards. Also, the only Akalis worth playing are Nurse and Blood Moon.

Attack speed??

AD top Kayle.

That's why when you duo you play Jungle and Mid

Honestly, I kind of hate any role that requires last hitting because I become easily discouraged when my laning opponent gets a higher CS than me. I'm also not a fan of last hitting with over 150 ping.

Jungling is okay, but if I make a mistake early on it can be pretty hard to recover from. That and I've been last pick for the past several games and everyone will always pick those roles and leave support to me, not that I have a problem with supporting.

If you’ve been waiting for the League to acquire a true Renaissance man, then your long wait is over. Meet Jayce, the Defender of Tomorrow. In addition to being a class act and charmer, this modern gentleman is one of Piltover’s premier scientific geniuses.

This brazen, well-equipped man for all seasons sports hi-tech armor and wields the skull-crushing Mercury Hammer that also transforms into the Mercury Cannon. Whether you want to get up close and personal to punish enemies with a gigantic blunt instrument or shake things up by peppering opponents with energy blasts from a distance, Jayce has the skills it takes to deliver.

I don't watch Legend of Korra but Jayce looks like someone out of it.

Pancakes

FoxSpirit

I used to go Philo->HoG->Kage's->Boots->shurelyias->boots 2->aegis, but that was really inefficient.

I started following this general build order. With the exception of Randuins, I don't quite understand the need for that.
[/IMG]
Raduin is simply an evolution of HoG.
Also, no wonder your build ran badly, you went Shurelyia first?? That completely ruins the income flow from the Philo stone far too early.
Play around with tripple GP10 a bit more but only upgrade after the Aegis. Is doable and offers great benefits in the long run. Of course it delays the Aegis by quite a bit since a Kage is 50% of the gold for it.

XeroSauce

I used to go Philo->HoG->Kage's->Boots->shurelyias->boots 2->aegis, but that was really inefficient.

I started following this general build order. With the exception of Randuins, I don't quite understand the need for that.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39393274&postcount=12516

My runes: These work for Sona too. (Switch the mana regen seals for armor on Janna/Taric)

D2r9E.png

Masteries:

oZIzW.png

Shurelia's can be obtained earlier if you are starting teamfights earlier.

I only get Kage's after my Aegis/Shurelia's and I usually keep it forever, until hyper late game.

Mana Regen Seals per lvl start to outclass Flat Mana Regen around level 6, so I'd also suggest those, since you get to Level 6 pretty fast. Early Philo should be enough for your mana regen, 3.4mana/5 sec is nothing when you think about it.

But the reason I can afford to get Shurelias so early is because I have GP5 Seals, and Armor Reds. The gp5 from the seals is fantastic.

Pancakes

Shurelia's can be obtained earlier if you are starting teamfights earlier.

I only get Kage's after my Aegis/Shurelia's and I usually keep it forever, until hyper late game.

It still takes up a vital item slot and doesn't really build into anything super useful for a support, I usually just leave my HoG for extra income in the late game for wards and junk.

Mana Regen Seals per lvl start to outclass Flat Mana Regen around level 6, so I'd also suggest those, since you get to Level 6 pretty fast. Early Philo should be enough for your mana regen, 3.4mana/5 sec is nothing when you think about it.

You're probably right about this but I like to harass in the early game as Sona and Lulu and scaling seals probably wouldn't be able to keep up in lvl 1-5

But the reason I can afford to get Shurelias so early is because I have GP5 Seals, and Armor Reds. The gp5 from the seals is fantastic.

I had 4 GP5 seals from awhile back that I stopped using, I guess I use those and 5 other mana regen seals to find a happy balance.

Ya.

Sold an item for $250 on D3 RMAH, bought my first RP on league of legends with some of it. So now I'm about to choose between these.. any suggestions?

Commando or Imperial Lux - I like Commando more but Imperial Lux kinda looks like Cammy from SF so I like that too.

Alistar - yellow and the cowboy one - He's my favorite champ, all he has

Nunu - Grungy nunu

and a few others..

I'm also wondering if it's just smarter to wait til tomorrow to see whats put on sale?

Try to wait for a sale, buying 975rp skin is kinda silly imo.

Sold an item for $250 on D3 RMAH, bought my first RP on league of legends with some of it. So now I'm about to choose between these.. any suggestions?

Commando or Imperial Lux - I like Commando more but Imperial Lux kinda looks like Cammy from SF so I like that too.

Nunu - Grungy nunu

and a few others..

I'm also wondering if it's just smarter to wait til tomorrow to see whats put on sale?

Nunu - Grungy nunu

and a few others..

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2310854 There is the new sale. I don't really like any of the Lux skins, but grungy nunu is awesome. But i like bad skins according to everyone else so don't take my opinion too serious.

I see how it is soda =(

Ferrio

Banned
Need to concentrate on draven today, see if I actually wanna invest in him. Ever since the Vayne buffs I've been just kinda using Ashe when AD. She works, but other than the ult.... not that fun.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Don't get third gp10 item, get an oracle instead. Unless you can get all 3 of them within 20 min, after that gp10 item isn't really worth the cost.

XeroSauce

Don't get third gp10 item, get an oracle instead. Unless you can get all 3 of them within 20 min, after that gp10 item isn't really worth the cost.

Oracle isn't always a great investment when you are still fairly squishly (unless you are a man-bull Alistar).

Pink wards can do the job pretty well until the aram part of the match starts.

Don't go 3 gp10 unless you get an early gold bonanza. And never, ever build aegis before shurelia's. Getting shurelia's promptly for the end of the laning phase is the #1 item build priority of a support, it's just too useful for the team to delay.

Ken

Yes, power armor for Jayce! I now have a new favorite skin/champ.

Alistar skin has a derp face and Singed skin reminds me of Spawn, color scheme-wise. Glacial Malphite's face could be better; not sure what they are going for with the Draven 'stache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom