• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Haven't played Sona in a while, was worried about ARAM with Soraka on the same team but it wound up okay. I wanted to die intentionally to buy stuff, by the end of the game I had 5K saved up.

PCVba.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
Do you guys think Summoner's Wrath is useful? I feel like 10 more AP after Ingite is pretty worthless since I only use Ignite when they're really low on HP and running...

Also, me and my team destroyed a couple of guys with 700+ wins that were trying to troll us in a custom match. It felt so good :D

bjaelke

Jayce is surprisingly fun btw. The possibilities his ultimate gives really allows you to experiment with builds. And there's nothing more satisfying than chasing down a guy with shock blast and place an acceleration gate in the last second to boost the shock blast and then run through it, transform to hammer and finish him off with a leap jump (To The Skies!) I don't know if that made any sense
KuGsj.gif

Ken

Singed is supposed to be bane from Batman comics (also the new villian in the new movie)
http://officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/Bane--Arkham-Asylum-psd27991.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Is Glacial Malphite supposed to be Draven then and Alistar, Diablo?

Flare

Jayce is surprisingly fun btw. The possibilities his ultimate gives really allows you to experiment with builds. And there's nothing more satisfying than chasing down a guy with shock blast and place an acceleration gate in the last second to boost the shock blast and then run through it, transform to hammer and finish him off with a leap jump (To The Skies!) I don't know if that made any sense
KuGsj.gif

Played him, he's amazingly fun to play. I'm sure people will pull off crazy things with his abilities.

Ken

Just had an Evelynn quit after dying to the first blue golem in a ranked game after telling us how she'll carry us.

Sigh...

Oh, just hit exactly 10k IP. Neat.

falastini

So I've been in two matches with Veigar support (one against and one on my team). They both did pretty well, which got me thinking... Viktor support.

I mean they both have traps (Veigar is a little better, but you get more range with Viktor when upgraded). And I'd argue Viktor can poke better with his laser.

I wanna try it out. Mostly cause I don't have Veigar.

PBE changes.

AP Kog'Maw nerfed AGAIN.
Early Alistar heal nerfed AGAIN.
Holy shit Lux buffs.

Champion Changes
Akali

Crescent Slash Energy Cost Decreased per level to 60/55/50/45/40, from 60.
Crescent Slash now Triggers Mark of the Assassin.

Alistar

Triumphant Roar Mana Cost Increased to 40/50/60/70/80, from 28/41/54/67/80.

Caitlyn

Ace in the Hole Range Increased to 2000/2500/3000, from 1900/2050/2200.

Fiora

Blade Waltz Cooldown Decreased to 130, from 150.

Gragas

Health Increased to 523, from 493.
Bodyslam Mana Cost Decreased to 50 at all levels, from 50/55/60/65/70.

Janna

Monsoon Cooldown Increased to 150/135/120, from 120 at all levels.
Zephy Passive Decreased at early levels to 4/7/10/13/16%, from 8/10/12/14/16%
Zephyr Active Decreased to Slow for 3 seconds, from 4.
Zephyr Cooldown Increased to 12 at all levels, from 12/11/10/9/8.

Karthus

Requiem Cooldown Increased to 200/180/160, from 180/150/120.

Kennen

Range Decreased to 550, from 575.

Kog'Maw

Living Artillery Subsequent Cast Maximum Increased to 400 Mana, from 200.

Le Blanc

Distortion Cooldown Decreased to 18/16/14/12/10, from 20/18/16/14/12.

Lux

Mana Per 5 Increased to 6, from 5.
Finales Funkeln Mana Cost Decreased to 100 at all levels, from 100/150/200.
Light Binding Mana Cost Decreased to 50/60/70/80/90, from 60/75/90/105/120.

Miss Fortune

Double Up Range Decreased to 550, from 625.
Make It Rain Slow % Increased to 20/28/36/44/52, from 20/25/30/35/40.
Make It Rain Mana Cost Decreased to 80 at all levels, from 80/85/90/95/100.

Nautilus

Depth Charge Damage Decreased at early levels to 200/325/450, from 250/350/450.
Depth Charge Cooldown Increased at early levels to 140/110/80, from 120/100/80.
Dredge Line Damage Decreased at early levels to 60/105/150/195/240, from 80/120/160/200/240.
Dredge Line Cooldown Increased to 18, from 14.

Nunu

Consume Damage Increased at early levels to 500/600/700/800/900, from 400/525/650/775/900.
Consume Cooldown Decreased to 16/14/12/10/8, from 18/16/14/12/10.
Visionary Attack Requirement Decreased to 5, from 7.

Orianna

Command: Attack Damage Decreased to 60/90/120/150/180 (+0.4), from 60/100/140/180/220 (+0.6).
Command: Dissonance AP Ratio Increased to .7, from .5.
Command: Protect Range Increased to 1120, from 1020.

Rammus

Defensive Ball Curl Mana Cost Decreased to 40, from 50.
Powerball Mana Cost Decreased to 70/80/90/100/110, from 80/90/100/110/120.

Shen

Stand United Cooldown Increased to 200, from 180.

Sona

Hymn of Valor Mana Cost Decreased to 45/50/55/60/65, from 65 at all levels.

Soraka

Astral Blessing Armor Buff Duration Decreased to 3 seconds, from 5.
Wish Cooldown Increased to 160/145/130, from 120/110/100.

Xerath

Locus of Power Magic Penetration Increased to 16/22/28/34/40, from 10/15/20/25/30.
Mage Chains AP Ratio Increased to .8, from .7.

Ziggs

Bouncing Bomb Mana Cost Decreased to 50/60/70/80/90, from 60/70/80/90/100.

Item Changes

Athene's Unholy Grail

Ability Power Increased to 90, from 80.
Magic Resist Increased to 40, from 36.

Ionic Spark

Item Cost Decreased to 2100, from 2300.
Recipe Cost Decreased to 575, from 775.
Chain Lightning Damage Increased to 125, from 110.

Quicksilver Sash

Item Cost Increased to 1640, from 1440.
Recipe Cost Increased to 900, from 700.
Magic Resist Decreased to 48, from 56.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/20839-latest-public-beta-environment-patch-changes-jayce

garath

PBE changes.

AP Kog'Maw nerfed AGAIN.
Holy shit Lux buffs.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/20839-latest-public-beta-environment-patch-changes-jayce

Akali buffs!!! Those are actually pretty good. Crescent slash triggering the mark is kinda huge for burst. Right now you throw the mark and you have to auto attack to trigger it. But the mark doesn't reset auto attack so there's a bit of a delay before you hit. Coupled with lower energy costs, I'm a fan. Going to dust her off as my Katarina experiment is falling short lol.

I am sorely disappointed by the Miss Fortune nerf though. Double up is the only reason she has such a good laning phase. She doesn't have as good of a late game as the other carries so she needs that laning phase to keep that edge. In my eyes, that's a big nerf and I'll probably end up just having to play graves or Ezreal when I need to carry now :( Jerks.

edit: whew. Miss Fortune isn't getting nerfed after all:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=26454015#26454015

scy

Listing just a range change without noting the hitbox change seems like kind of an oversight, really; makes it hard to read it as anything but "range lowered!"

Also, dem Lux buffs. Maybe I'll get around to trying her for my lrn2skillshot champ.

Lux was already one of those champs that is extremely viable as a mid with the right team comp and now she should really be looked at by the pros. Her and Viktor are two champs I have no idea why no one has looked into seriously.

I also can't wait for the day everyone realizes
AD Malzahar
is basically a guaranteed lane win.

Blizzard

Banned
Some of those changes are kind of bizarre. Like, Orianna got nerfed into uselesslness due to her Q. Then they buffed it. It still wasn't good enough so they buffed it again, right? Orianna was almost feasible, then they just nerfed both the damage and the ratio BACK down? Is it balanced out by the increase on the other skill?

I'm not sure why they'd make quicksilver sash worse, either. People hardly ever use it in low-level games...is it just ultra common at higher level games?

And most of all, I don't understand lowering the cooldown on Fiora's ult so much, lol. :/

Achtius

Some of those changes are kind of bizarre. Like, Orianna got nerfed into uselesslness due to her Q. Then they buffed it. It still wasn't good enough so they buffed it again, right? Orianna was almost feasible, then they just nerfed both the damage and the ratio BACK down? Is it balanced out by the increase on the other skill?

I'm not sure why they'd make quicksilver sash worse, either. People hardly ever use it in low-level games...is it just ultra common at higher level games?

And most of all, I don't understand lowering the cooldown on Fiora's ult so much, but whatever. :/

she can move her ball quicker now

scy

I thought Orianna was also getting a lower cooldown on her Q based on the patch preview? That alongside the GCD change for her skills and ball mobility seemed pretty damn good for her even with the weaker Q.

Blizzard

Banned
I thought Orianna was also getting a lower cooldown on her Q based on the patch preview? That alongside the GCD change for her skills and ball mobility seemed pretty damn good for her even with the weaker Q.
Hmm, that might make up for it then. I thought there was just a damage increase for her other skill or something, probably my mistake.

I hadn't even been paying attention to Jayce, but his skill descriptions sound super fun (1.0 AP AOE ratio? Yes please?). I wonder how much mana he's going to eat though.

bjaelke

I hadn't even been paying attention to Jayce, but his skill descriptions sound super fun (1.0 AP AOE ratio? Yes please?). I wonder how much mana he's going to eat though.

His E skill gives him mana on hit when in hammer form. Wit's End really helps him a lot early on.

Wrekt

Think of it as an indirect Warwick/Malzahar buff. QSS is the most underrated item in the game. It doesn't get picked up as often as it should even in high level play.

Blizzard

Banned
Didn't even consider IS. Should be fun given the recent buff. Zeke's Herald as well.
That ward timer is a great idea.

And Wrekt, I have played against teams with both Malz and Warwick, and the double tower dive ult suppress is brutal even with quicksilver. :(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
PBE changes.

AP Kog'Maw nerfed AGAIN.
Holy shit Lux buffs.

These are the original Kog'maw nerfs. The Lux buffs are meaningless other than allowing her to spam her ult more often. I cannot believe how hard Nautilus is getting hit in the early game where he shines. Not that I mind at all but it's pretty brutal. The Soraka change will also really hurt her. I am hoping this isn't the end of the changes to Xerath. This is not anywhere near a meaningful compensation to the increased cast time on his ultimate, which really kills him.
Wards getting a visible timer and an hp bar:

w5qNy.png
I don't like it. It's too busy.

garath

I am totally going to jinx myself for saying this but man, Vlad is such a strong champion for me. I don't even have to do exceptionally well in lane (yay blind pick counters). He's a great farmer and a fantastic team fighter. His ult completely changes the tides of battle and his E does huge AE damage when stacked. He's moving up the ranks as one of my strongest champions.

zkylon

zkylewd
Lux buffs ooooooooo yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I don't usually ran out of mana with her, since nice junglers make the effort to throw blue buff my way, and I keep the snare at level 1, so it's not much of a difference, but it's always nice to get some attention :3

Mana buff on laser is pretty useless tho...

dimb

yeah so far xerath changes are nerfs, he really need his passive to be changed.
While I don't think his passive is great it isn't the real issue. His damage is just extremely low unless he is simply left alone in range for an extensive period of time, and that simply doesn't happen. The cooldown timer of Locust of Power in immense in the early/mid game. His stun is not only unreliable, but it isn't instant and the range is miniscule. As a point of comparison, Ahri's taunt lasts longer, doesn't require a combo, and has 950 range compared to the 600/1000 range on Xerath's mage chains.

Xerath simply doesn't have that much of a siege advantage compared to other casters. He still finds himself too close to the enemy without mobility trying to do sustained damage at a range that is fairly comparable or less than that of his peers. The whole kit is broken.
This. Now I can see the time left automatically and not risk face checking and the like just to see it.
Why do you need to face check? Just click on the ward.

Lost a game HARD. Enemy had Vayne. What made it awesome? They had Zilean, Lulu, Shen and Jarvan. If they just replaced Jarvan with Yorick, Vayne might as well be immortal.

I mean holy crap it didn't matter that I withered her and kept Qing her face. She too long for me to get screwed by everyone. It didn't help that bot (Graves+Pantheon) made a catery.

These are the original Kog'maw nerfs.
But he already had a nerf. It was a hefty 10% off his base damage. Considering how low the ratios are, that mpen and mana were pretty much what you want for AP Kog.

Riot loves to nerf my favorite champs. :( I still can't believe it when they shaved 20% off Warwick's Q. They could at least make the heal go back to 100% again. There are signs they'll give it AP ratios but who builds AP on Warwick? Not to mention it's looking like it's 100AP per 1%.

dimb

But he already had a nerf. It was a hefty 10% off his base damage. Considering how low the ratios are, that mpen and mana were pretty much what you want for AP Kog.
The damage nerf was nothing. The mana nerfs are neccesary. AP Kog is still viable.

dimb

10% off the main bulk of the damage, you kidding? You wouldn't even try to start building serious AP after spending 6k for Sorc, Tear and Rylai. You might even delay it further if you opt for a Catalyst somewhere.
AP Kog'maw still does a lot of damage. His power isn't in each hit of his Artillery doing loads of damage, but the fact that he can spam it endlessly without serious repercussion. You are still doing percentage based damage on targets, how can you complain about that? He is simply too good at a range.

As for your build I'm not about to cry over the fact that you can't do any damage after building one low AP item by mid game.

Blizzard

Banned
While I don't think his passive is great it isn't the real issue. His damage is just extremely low unless he is simply left alone in range for an extensive period of time, and that simply doesn't happen. The cooldown timer of Locust of Power in immense in the early/mid game. His stun is not only unreliable, but it isn't instant and the range is miniscule. As a point of comparison, Ahri's taunt lasts longer, doesn't require a combo, and has 950 range compared to the 600/1000 range on Xerath's mage chains.

Xerath simply doesn't have that much of a siege advantage compared to other casters. He still finds himself too close to the enemy without mobility trying to do sustained damage at a range that is fairly comparable or less than that of his peers. The whole kit is broken.
Doesn't the stun range increase if you set up the range boost? That should at least give you a range that's not "miniscule".

dimb

Doesn't the stun range increase if you set up the range boost? That should at least give you a range that's not "miniscule".
1000 range vs. Ahri's 950. You have to root yourself. Your root has a cast timer. You can only get the stun off if you combo E+Q. Your E has a slow missile speed. Your Q has a cast timer. Even your R has a long cast timer now. By the time you want to put CC down you are already in trouble, and have probably just put yourself in a worse position.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Janna nerfed!
Soraka nerfed!
Sona buffed!

Our time is now!!!!

y2dvd

...you could click on wards to check the timer?

I'm so good at this game. :D

Haha, I had no idea either.

LOL! It definitely helps save time. Say you're about to cross a ward that's about to run out. Just check the timer and go ahead and place the ward. Otherwise, you'd probably keep crossing the ward, notice it ran out, go back to place the ward, then get 5 man ganked to death!

Akali free week. Such a good low-level stomping champ since no one buys pink wards.

Don't worry, mid-level also rarely buys pink wards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom