• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AP Kog'maw still does a lot of damage. His power isn't in each hit of his Artillery doing loads of damage, but the fact that he can spam it endlessly without serious repercussion. You are still doing percentage based damage on targets, how can you complain about that? He is simply too good at a range.

As for your build I'm not about to cry over the fact that you can't do any damage after building one low AP item by mid game.

What percent based damage on targets? We've been talking about the ult for a while, which was the ONLY thing getting nerfed about AP Kog. It used to do base 400 on champs but now it's just 360.

The main reason why Kog's ult is getting nerfed left and right was that in some recent big match, one team dominated because of the ult spam.

You can't exactly spam it endlessly without a decent mana pool. Tear is there for the mana pool. Rylai is primarily for the slow, which immensely helps in making shots easier, and can ensure that no one escapes.

Again, you don't build full AP on AP Kog. You build on mpen and mana.

Number crafting. Everyone averages probably 50MR with just runes and masteries.

Kog's ult has 360 base and 0.3AP ratio.

Sorc Shoes, Tear
0AP, 20MPEN, 50EMR = [360 + (0.3)(0)] * 0.77 = 277 damage

Sorc Shoes, Tear, Rabadon
182AP, 20MPEN, 50EMR = [360 + (0.3)(182)] * 0.77 = 319 damage

Sorc Shoes, Tear, Void Staff
70AP, 20MPEN, 50EMR
(50EMR - 20MPEN) * 0.6 = 18EMR (15% reduction)
[360 + (0.3)(70)] * 0.85 = 324 damage

If you want damage by mid-game, you rush either Void or Rab.

Void Staff > Rab when it comes to juicing your ult. The discrepancy becomes even bigger if the enemy DOES build MR. This is why you build primarily mpen and mana. Rylai came in because the utility of slow makes your shots much easier to land, and it should provide all the beef you need.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If you want damage by mid-game, you rush either Void or Rab.

Void Staff > Rab when it comes to juicing your ult. The discrepancy becomes even bigger if the enemy DOES build MR. This is why you build primarily mpen and mana. Rylai came in because the utility of slow makes your shots much easier to land, and it should provide all the beef you need.
Why do I even post here?
I am so sad they are nerfing Naut
It must be pretty hard to exploit a champion for so long and have them put in place.

Achtius

VAYNE-1.png

dem buffets. and dat Vayne carry

garath

i should really use ali again, hes been collecting dust ever since i got him, and i only got him because he was free. i always maxed roar last and used it constantly.

Ali is a fearsome jungler. Forget support. His lvl 2 ganks are rough and once he starts snowballing he's wrecking every lane.

bjaelke

What's getting nerfed on him?!?!?!? He's one of my primary champs that I use when I play with friends.

Last page:
Nautilus

Depth Charge Damage Decreased at early levels to 200/325/450, from 250/350/450.
Depth Charge Cooldown Increased at early levels to 140/110/80, from 120/100/80.
Dredge Line Damage Decreased at early levels to 60/105/150/195/240, from 80/120/160/200/240.
Dredge Line Cooldown Increased to 18, from 14.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I usually do well against him with Akali. He has no escapes. His pull is the only thing that can cause an issue but usually Darius is running, not trying to harass me out of the shroud.
That reminds me. Anyone know how to counter akali on the fly. Random makes it harder to pick counters.

Ken

i find him to be just fine mid/late game in team fights. as long as you build him tanky.

I found Nautilus to be bad tank with no significant presence in team fights which is why getting those early game ganks to shift the game to your side is essential for making Nautilus relevant.

In team fights, he has one 18 second stun, one ultimate knock up that depends on positioning of the enemy to get the most out of, one slow, and his immobilize passive. Compared to Malphite who can hit pretty hard, has an AS debuff to shut down carries, and an ultimate that's great for initiating, Nautilus just seems like a poor tank and champion past the laning phase. I say this from the many games where my team didn't capitalize on my early game ganks, went to very late game team fights, and I was constantly being ignored in team fights because I can't get people off my carries very well and because I do no damage.

Then again, Nautilus is Spider-Man.

Wut. Naut has a great initiating ult, and fulfills his tank abilities well. He's supposed to make it hard for the opponent to reach his AD/AP carries, and he can do that rather well. An AoE slow, snare, and pull work wonders. He's supposed to be a disrupting wall.

Ken

Wut. Naut has a great initiating ult, and fulfills his tank abilities well. He's supposed to make it hard for the opponent to reach his AD/AP carries, and he can do that rather well. An AoE slow, snare, and pull work wonders. He's supposed to be a disrupting wall.

You're not going to get more than one pull off in on team fight, and it's going to be pretty hard to land one on the target you want in a team fight. Initiating with your ultimate doesn't seem like a great move since the knockup duration isn't that long and it's not being used to get people off your carries. I've been initiating with Q to get people who wander too far out from their team to poke provided I have equal or more in champion numbers. If their carries have good positioning though, they aren't going to be standing next to you when you E. I don't know, maybe I just had bad games with him but he doesn't seem like a great tank to me.

You're not going to get more than one pull off in on team fight, and it's going to be pretty hard to land one on the target you want in a team fight. Initiating with your ultimate doesn't seem like a great move since the knockup duration isn't that long and it's not being used to get people off your carries. I've been initiating with Q to get people who wander too far out from their team to poke provided I have equal or more in champion numbers. If their carries have good positioning though, they aren't going to be standing next to you when you E. I don't know, maybe I just had bad games with him but he doesn't seem like a great tank to me.

I've had games where it's absolutely infuriating because of a Naut. A good Naut acts as an indiscriminate wall, especially if the carries are positioned well behind him.

Malphite, for example, shines next to the opposing AD carry because of his 50% AS reduction. Naut shines in the opposite manner; inconvenience the opposing team to the max. Use your ult to disrupt as many of them as possible. AoE slow to prevent them from getting past you. Use your pull if one of them makes it past. Use passive to root them and stall them further, while your carries do the damage.

Hero

Nautilus is extremely disruptive. During the laning phase his jungle ganks are extremely potent. With movement quints and boots at level 4 you are faster than most other champs will be so rushing in and hitting a champ to proc his passive is usually enough for the lane partner to do the real damage. At this point they usually like to waste their flash and that's when you use Dredge Line to pull them right back to you and your partner then you can use your slow.

For team fights as Southern said he is frustrating for opponents by messing up positioning and protecting his teammates. Catching someone out of position with Dredge Line is absolutely back-breaking and almost like Blitzcrank quality but you get more survivability and disruption. What separates good Nautiluses from mediocre ones is moving around in team fights to proc his passive on all of the enemy champions during the team fight. Peeling away a melee from your ranged carry with Dredge Line or snaring them with your AOE slow.

Don't get me wrong, Malphite is good but Nautilus is just as powerful and for the laning phase definitely scarier. When I first started playing him a month or so ago Mudkira joked around with me and told me he's secret OP tier and to enjoy it until they nerf him. That day has finally come. I don't think it's the end of the world for him but yeah his pre-11 ganks won't be as powerful.

Might brush up my Alistar jungling after this.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
just played alistar. started off as jungle ali then got my blue stolen and stabbed in the back. so i turned into pissed off ali and died 10 times, and assisted 20. also healed my team so hard they were unable to die. cept for anine...poor anine.

Swig_

I don't typically like to boast, but after this win, I can't help myself..

SejVJ.jpg

Funny thing is, I had just cooked dinner and almost quit the game after a couple of minutes because I figured it would be a huge waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom