• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Isn't there diminishing return on having so much AP? The money would have probably been better spent on AP items with other effects like Rylais or Zhonyas unless it's a guaranteed victory and you're just doing it for fun.

Of course, I build double Philo Stone and double Shurelyas so what do I know.
Yeah I like to start stacking Rabadon's when I find myself a side character in some other fed champ's carrying show :D

bjaelke

40% spell vamp is a great asset to a double ap comp. The other 3 champions usually don't rely on magic damage (support, ad carry and jungle).

Isn't there diminishing return on having so much AP?
No, but you're often better off getting some magic penetration.

1 Rabadon, 1 Void staff and 4 fully stacked AAs for maximum damage.

FoxSpirit

Why do I get the constant feeling that people believe Will only works for AP champs?? Spellvamp works for every skill in the game and the only people who do not properly gain from it are AA champs. Normally, you have two of those.
Sure, the AP bonus is lost but 20% lifesteal from every single skill is actually often much better than 20% from autoattacks. Especially in the poking stage where you can whittle down the enemy team with you skills.
This even works with actives like Deathfire grasp or ignite.

Ken

:D

:I

He asked for AP mid and chose Karthus into Fizz even though he knew his "brother was on the computer giving [him] 900 ping." My Graves was also scared of everything and constantly dashed in and Q'd just to kill a few creeps even though he knew Ezreal and GP were in the bush right next to him. :I

Was contemplating getting AD runes for Marks and Quints for an AD carry page. I was looking through my runes just cause and found that I had 9 AD marks and 3 AD Quints. The fuck did they come from? I've never had any use for them. Man good thing I checked or I would've wasted a ton of IP.

How is Varus? Thinking about trying him cause he looks like a badass.

bjaelke

Man good thing I checked or I would've wasted a ton of IP.

You can't buy more than 9 types of the same marks/seals/glyphs and 3 types of the same quintessences.

ipAXnalVo2Yq3.jpg

How is Varus? Thinking about trying him cause he looks like a badass.

Varus is one of the top AD carries in the game right now imo but he requires a very specific mindset to play. He's all about poking down an opponent in lane and then going all-in for the kill as his burst is very deceptive, especially against tankier opponents since his blight stacks detonate % health damage.

His ultimate is much like Blitzcrank's or Ashe's in that it can lead to a GG if it hits at the right time.

His biggest weakness would be his terrible mobility. He has no built in escape with the exception of blowing your ult to root a chaser. His hail of arrows ain't gonna stop no one despite it having a meager slow.

If you level W, his auto attacks hit REALLY hard even early game. If you have a support like Soraka, I'd recommend getting Q first since you can spam it for some serious damage.

I personally hate laning against Varus. There's just something about the hit sounds of his auto attacks that make it feel hurt so much, and usually they do.

Also, has anyone tried swapping FM for Rylai on shen? Less health and worse slowing, but every spell gets stronger. Shen has 0.6/0.6/0.5/1.5 AP ratios so it's not too shabby. I'm gonna try tanky AP Shen someday.

Today was a good day for LoL. <3 tanks
45CGC.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hotshot is playing Sejuani right now and is having a great game while questioning if she is secret OP.

DoornicK

Neo Member
Does a 0.93 crit chance from one rune give you a chance of a crit, or does it round down to 0 unless you use two crit runes?

Most (if not all) stats work with decimals (even when the client tends to round them), so that rune will give you exacly 0.93 crit chance.

Swig_

I have Ez.. I'm kind of good with him.. and only have about 1100 RP and don't want to buy more. Stupid Pulsefire skin. tempting me. bah.

Swig_

You kind of need to decide now before it goes to 3250 RP in a day or two.

Yeah, I know. It has been kind of satisfying playing his default skin and beating people with Pulsefire, since they've been in every game the last few days. lol.

bjaelke

PFE skin is making people (more) hostile. I got Ezreal in ARAM and refused to swap with a guy who just bought the PFE skin and wanted to test it. He called me some tribunal-worthy words. Surely, if you want to play with the new skin you don't play random.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Played Varus for the first time today

he's pretty fun

Really satisfying to nail a runner from long range with his Q to blow up 3 W stacks for a kill.

Seems to fall off hard late game though

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
His ultimate is much like Blitzcrank's or Ashe's in that it can lead to a GG if it hits at the right time.

Except it's not the same. It's one of the false equivalencies I see people make with Varus all the time. His Ultimate is a ROOT that can daisy chain to other people if they are close to the initial target.

What it is NOT is a STUN. Ashe arrow completely immobilizes an opponent. Varus chain just ensares them, but they can still attack. It has no stun of silence attributes so you can still get hit especially from other ranged characters.

dimb

Nunu will probably be OP again. I don't know if Riot realizes what they have done. I'm totally okay with it though while they're nerfing the horrible cancer that is global ultimates. The Leblanc buffs make me never want to play mid again.

Blizzard

Banned
Shen's ult wasn't even global. It hasn't been global for like, 9 years since they made it non-global. I'm more concerned about champions that I lose to (nearly all of them), and I don't like barrier in ARAM. That could use a nerf.

Does anyone think lowlevel ranked games will ever transition enough where someone else becomes always-banned along with morgana, shen, kass, and shaco?

Ken

Shen's ult wasn't even global. It hasn't been global for like, 9 years since they made it non-global. I'm more concerned about champions that I lose to (nearly all of them), and I don't like barrier in ARAM. That could use a nerf.

Does anyone think lowlevel ranked games will ever transition enough where someone else becomes always-banned along with morgana, shen, kass, and shaco?

Malphite or Nautilus instead of Kass.

dimb

Shen has a global ultimate. This never changed and the nerf to global ultimates was to offensive ones like Pantheon and Twisted Fate.

As for your complaints on bans, Kassadin doesn't get banned. Shaco doesn't get banned. Shen is getting nerfed so he doesn't need to be banned.

KevinRo

Shen has a global ultimate. This never changed and the nerf to global ultimates was to offensive ones like Pantheon and Twisted Fate.

As for your complaints on bans, Kassadin doesn't get banned. Shaco doesn't get banned. Shen is getting nerfed so he doesn't need to be banned.

Lower ELO banlist:

Shen
Shaco
Kassadin
Morgana
Trynd
Darius

4 of those 6 will always be picked.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Those leblanc buffs. She's going to be like ahri with her evasiveness.

Ahri is free escape every 90s, leblanc will have free escape every 15s, plus most junglers are too scare to gang her since she could burst them down. Mid lane ap counter that's ungangable ~_~

Blizzard

Banned

You're right about Shen, apparently. I thought they changed it like pantheon and twisted fate. I was like 99% sure, so that's sad.

About bans, you're almost certainly wrong, since you're presumably higher elo than me. At 1200 elo, I suggest kassadin and shaco are VERY common bans.

Lower ELO banlist:

Shen
Shaco
Kassadin
Morgana
Trynd
Darius

4 of those 6 will always be picked.
Thank you. Though I don't remember tryndamere being banned much since his last nerf.

Malphite or Nautilus instead of Kass.
I agree, these are probably good replacements. Nautilus is strong if the player is good.

Ken

I agree, these are probably good replacements. Nautilus is strong if the player is good.

Malphite is much more problematic than Nautilus though. Late game, Nautilus isn't going to turn team fights around with his skills while a single Malphite ult wrecks teams throughout the entire game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom