• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeroSauce

Why do Maokai's start Wraiths when they could just sapling the wolves, hit it once or twice for the kill, and then straight to blue instead of starting blue at like 2:05?

Ken

Why do Maokai's start Wraiths when they could just sapling the wolves, hit it once or twice for the kill, and then straight to blue instead of starting blue at like 2:05?

So they can be up by the time they finish Blue and wolves?

That way you'd get Wraiths > Blue > Wolves > Wraiths and be by Red by the time your smite is off CD?

I think it can make your route faster, because by the time you do blue, then wolves, then come back to wraiths, they will have respawned.

I had someone ask me this question in a bot game yest cause he was using a guide. I prefer having them on blue so I take less damage from the fight and can give a good gank to bot lane once I hit my lvl 4.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Why did I not buy this champ sooner D:

RITPk.png

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sale this weekend is
Skins:
Vindicator Vayne
Sorceress Lux
Midnight Ahri.
Champs:
Riven
Udyr
Lux

Don't ask me why Ahri skins are on sale again.

zkylon

zkylewd
I want to buy me some skins but damn, Sorceress Lux is gross. Spellthief or bust (derpy too but in-game model is pretty good)!

Steaks

I was 1290ish two weeks ago.

I am now 1550.

Wduau.png

I'm either the luckiest person in the world, or I got a LOT better.

Elo heaven man.

The Naut game I got my blue stolen level 1. Forced a 20m surrender.

The earlier Graves game I think I got teamed with Chu8 smurfing on people's accounts for money.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I really need to pick up an AP mid besides Morgana.

Pancakes

Blind pick is only for the brave.

Think I might just go with Ryze since I'm too lazy to save 3150ip for Karthus.

Ken

Blind pick is only for the brave.

Think I might just go with Ryze since I'm too lazy to save 3150ip for Karthus.

Ryze looks so boring to play though. I've never played him or owned him but every Ryze I face is just a boring lane.

Just play Ahri.

Corgi the Chloe (7:32): you should pick up ahri
   for ap mid
   because you know
Pankaks (7:32): 6300ip
Corgi the Chloe (7:32): she has excellent
   mobility
Pankaks (7:32): I know know

XeroSauce

So they can be up by the time they finish Blue and wolves?

That way you'd get Wraiths > Blue > Wolves > Wraiths and be by Red by the time your smite is off CD?

My Naut route is Wolves > Blue > Wraiths > Wolves > Red, isn't that basically the same thing?

Pancakes

Be a man and play TF.

My go to mids are Vlad, Ryze, Xerath (pre-nerfopolous), Fiddlesticks (if against someone with no stun/silence/disable), Lux, Cassiopeia, and Karthus.

I'll try to save for Karthus since I enjoy just passively farming in lane.

IsayFever

So with Season 2 coming to an end soonish I'm on a quest to get back to Gold ranked standing. So if you're on the NA server in the 1400-1500 bracket and want to duo queue just whisper me and it's on.

Just started playing this yesterday.

Which are the best non-cheap (as in, no Tryndamere or any of those bullshit OP champs) beginner champions? Been using Ashe and Yi, mostly. Since I really don't have the IPs to spend on anyone else, lol. Keep hearing good things about Tristana, but still can't afford her.

Btw, which are the best beginner Tanks? I've yet to play any tanks... =/

Ken

Which are the best non-cheap (as in, no Tryndamere or any of those bullshit OP champs) beginner champions? Been using Ashe and Yi, mostly. Since I really don't have the IPs to spend on anyone else, lol. Keep hearing good things about Tristana, but still can't afford her.

Tristana and Alistar are free provided you can be bothered to make a Facebook and Youtube account. Check the OP to see how to get them through Youtube and Facebook. Alistar is a good beginner tank since his ultimate means even if you build incorrectly he's still incredibly tanky. With Tristana you'd get another AD bot carry (who has also been played as AP mid). I think Caitlyn is another good AD carry for beginners since she has a very long range on her auto attack for relatively safe farming compared to other AD carries and she doesn't really have any hard to land skill shots. She's 6300 IP though so she's probably not a good buy early on.

Amumu is another good tank at 1350 IP. His bandage toss and ultimate really hurt the enemy team and also make it obvious to your team to go in on them. His bandage is a skill shot though so that might not be what you're looking for in a beginner champion. Malphite is also a good tank that can play solo top against AD and as a jungler. His ultimate is a skillshot kind of but it's hard to miss; also doubles as an escape. Also 1350 IP.

Soraka is a great support at 450 IP. Kayle is a good AD top (don't play her as support) also at 450 IP since you can shove out melee bruisers with her ranged harass. For AP mid Annie is decent at 450 IP, but I don't play her a whole lot. I think Ryze is ugly and boring (and ugly) so don't buy him even at 450 IP. :x Twisted Fate is a more interesting AP mid at 1350 IP with a really good kit.

Tristana and Alistar are free provided you can be bothered to make a Facebook and Youtube account. Check the OP to see how to get them through Youtube and Facebook. Alistar is a good beginner tank since his ultimate means even if you build incorrectly he's still incredibly tanky. With Tristana you'd get another AD bot carry (who has also been played as AP mid). I think Caitlyn is another good AD carry for beginners since she has a very long range on her auto attack for relatively safe farming compared to other AD carries and she doesn't really have any hard to land skill shots. She's 6300 IP though so she's probably not a good buy early on.

Amumu is another good tank at 1350 IP. His bandage toss and ultimate really hurt the enemy team and also make it obvious to your team to go in on them. His bandage is a skill shot though so that might not be what you're looking for in a beginner champion. Malphite is also a good tank that can play solo top against AD and as a jungler. His ultimate is a skillshot kind of but it's hard to miss; also doubles as an escape. Also 1350 IP.

Soraka is a great support at 450 IP. Kayle is a good AD top (don't play her as support) also at 450 IP since you can shove out melee bruisers with her ranged harass. For AP mid Annie is decent at 450 IP, but I don't play her a whole lot. I think Ryze is ugly and boring (and ugly) so don't buy him even at 450 IP. :x Twisted Fate is a more interesting AP mid at 1350 IP with a really good kit.

Thanks! Got Tristanna, but the Alistair giveaway seems to be NA exclusive, unfortunately, as it doesn't recognize my account as a valid one after the subscribing...

edit: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

go buy garen. hes not great for later levels but starting out hes amazing. his sustain is amazing. combine that with warmogs/force of nature/gardian angel and you become a literally a tank or a wall. all your team has to do is follow you into battle.

shit now i wanna play garen. =/

go buy garen. hes not great for later levels but starting out hes amazing. his sustain is amazing. combine that with warmogs/force of nature/gardian angel and you become a literally a tank or a wall. all your team has to do is follow you into battle.

shit now i wanna play garen. =/

Have him already. =) I like him alot, too. But he's not exactly a Tank in the tradiotional sense, is he? But yeah, gotta love his versatility!

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Have him already. =) I like him alot, too. But he's not exactly a Tank in the tradiotional sense, is he? But yeah, gotta love his versatility!

he is if you skip GA and FON and replace with infinity edge and sunfire cape. with some other iteams that add crit chance and att dmg. his spins CAN do mini-ish crits (according to southern dragon)

you could also go shen. hes a tank. but dont tell xero you bought him or he'll hate you forever >_>

Garen's spin crits but only the bonus damage ratio. Pretty meh to be honest. His only disruption is Q (long cooldown), and he doesn't have a "look at me!" button. He's not even great at top. Who exactly does he beat? Maybe Renekton.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Garen's spin crits but only the bonus damage ratio. Pretty meh to be honest. His only disruption is Q (long cooldown), and he doesn't have a "look at me!" button. He's not even great at top. Who exactly does he beat? Maybe Renekton.
Yea but none of his attacks cost anything. But yea he needs a stronger spin IMO. And I doubt they will ever buff him.

he is if you skip GA and FON and replace with infinity edge and sunfire cape. with some other iteams that add crit chance and att dmg. his spins CAN do mini-ish crits (according to southern dragon)

you could also go shen. hes a tank. but dont tell xero you bought him or he'll hate you forever >_>

Shen was actually my first contact with the game, almost a year ago. He was in rotation at the time I first tried the game and I do remember loving him... but the man's expensive!!!! =S

I used to win top lane HARD with him. Max E then Q and trololol to victory. You have to know when to be really, really aggressive and when to retreat while E is still active. After getting a few kills top you HAVE to roam mid and help secure it. He drops off late game, but not as much as people lead you to believe. He can still output scary amounts of AoE and secure a kill one at least one enemy and silence another for days. Team fights late game are usually long enough for two QE combos.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh man, I die like crazy when playing Akali. I kill a lot too, but not having a natural escape and not knowing who I can beat 1v1 is really causing me to make mistakes.

Ken

Oh man, I die like crazy when playing Akali. I kill a lot too, but not having a natural escape and not knowing who I can beat 1v1 is really causing me to make mistakes.

Your W should help you get out of a lot of messy situations?

zkylon

zkylewd
Your W should help you get out of a lot of messy situations?
Yeah, but it's no real CC or dash/flash or anything and yeah, I don't really know what to do at the team fights at the end. I'm pretty bad at Akali at the moment, but I'll get the hang of it. I do pretty well on mid now, and I'm pretty good at getting those hard kills but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom