• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Full Metal or Glaive? Glaive looks really cool in the art but meh in game.
Actually, I think I had them messed up in my head. That Glaive artwork is good, but the Full Metal in-game is really bad, that's probably what I meant.

I'll go back to crying about not having Reverse Annie now...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You can't counter Yorick, just keep him in check.

It's better than:

The Magnificent Twisted Fate
Annie in Wonderland
Red Baron Corki
Firefighter Tristana

It's as good as if not better than:

Blood Lord Vladimir
Astronaut Teemo
Demonblade Tryndamere
Piltover Customers Blitzcrank

I don't see what the problem is and why we got haters.

As a blood lord vladimir/demonblade tryndamere owner, I disagree. I guess we all have our favs, but like others said a lot of 975 skins are looking a lot better than legendaries these days. We need some updates to most of the legendaries. At least that galio skin looks a lot more badass(it reminds me of the bloodthirster from dawn of war)

Unicorn

I just bought some RP using paypal, but it isn't showing up in balance at the top of the screen. Does it normally take a bit to update my balance? Finally showed up.

I suck at this game, but since I have put time into Super Monday Night Combat I feel like I get the hang of the basics of MOBAs and want to give this another shot. I normally only played Warwick, but had something like a 20 game losing streak and called it quits.

Saw a skin video for the Jurassic Kog'maw and I'm really tempted to drop money on those two things. How much RP is the skin? Good videos for how to play him?

Also, Nautilus looks really cool.

Haly

I just bought some RP using paypal, but it isn't showing up in balance at the top of the screen. Does it normally take a bit to update my balance?
It should be near instantaneous. Check your bank account and see if it actually went through.
I suck at this game, but since I have put time into Super Monday Night Combat I feel like I get the hang of the basics of MOBAs and want to give this another shot. I normally only played Warwick, but had something like a 20 game losing streak and called it quits.
Don't worry too much about it, everyone starts from somewhere.
Saw a skin video for the Jurassic Kog'maw and I'm really tempted to drop money on those two things. How much RP is the skin? Good videos for how to play him?
You can find prices for the skins in the store. Jurassic Kog is 975 RP, which is about $8 or so. Kog is a typical right click AD carry although you can also play him as AP carry by being very good at aiming his ult.

Ken

I just bought some RP using paypal, but it isn't showing up in balance at the top of the screen. Does it normally take a bit to update my balance? Finally showed up.

Also, Nautilus looks really cool.

Jurassic Kog'Maw is 975 RP I think. It's alright but Lion Dance Kog'Maw is the best.

Kog'Maw is a great AD carry with a long range poke but he really depends on a good team to protect him in team fights.

Subterranean Nautilus is great (he's also a good jungler).

It should be near instantaneous. Check your bank account and see if it actually went through.

Sometimes the game gives an error after purchasing RP and the RP only shows up after you relog, so you end up with 14400 RP on a smurf account. (Yeah, I got half refunded but it was still a derp moment for me)

Ken

Thanks for the info, now I'm wondering if I should just wait until he's on sale so I can save a few RP.

The smartest idea is to only buy skins on sales.

To be cool though, you have to buy skins only right after they stop being on sale.

*Oh you mean the champion. That's up to you. He hasn't been on the free week rotation for some time right? Maybe it will be his time soon.

Haly

Sales take a long time to cycle, however you should wait until he's in free week to try him out.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sometimes the game gives an error after purchasing RP and the RP only shows up after you relog, so you end up with 14400 RP on a smurf account. (Yeah, I got half refunded but it was still a derp moment for me)

For a second I saw that as 144,000RP. o_O

Never buy champs with RP. Ever.

Unless it's a 6300 champ on sale.

Anyone else saving for Jayce? I've seen his abilities...very high skill rated hero, but I do want Brand...

I like champs who have alternate abilities that change based on certain factors or can be AP and AD scaled. They allow so many more viable builds. That's I'm saving my RP for him. I'll wait till a free week to try him. I don't mind paying full rp for him but I don't want to use it on a champ I won't like.

Achtius

Apsona.png

sona > kayle

Unicorn

I guess it comes down to having to take my attacking and moving ability away in order to move the camera so I can see more of what's going on.

Where's my head tracking mod? lol

zkylon

zkylewd
I wouldn't buy champions for RP, try out the free champions each week and know what you're buying or else you'll regret it (I still miss the 6300 I spent on Graves). The skins are pretty darned expensive too, 10 bucks for the average skin is steep, so I'd wait for a sale. Man for 10 bucks I could probably buy me a real life t-shirt.

sona > kayle
Am I missing something? What do Sona and Kayle have to do with each other? They're beyond comparison I thnk :p

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Decided to buy Blitzcrank, time to practice dem hooks.

AP Sona without Athene's grail? Kiunch you crazy guy you.

Don't need the mana after ROA, blue buff + pot is max cdr already =p. Don't really need defensive item when I am winning lane.

Plus Kayle was mid, so magic resist will be a waste.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yorick is really really strong; I don't think I can come up with a counter for him.
Beating Yorick in lane is about play style more than anything. Maintain control of the brush top to be able to dodge out from his ghouls and take advantage of Yorick's weakness to ganks as he pushes the lane. Champions with hard CC like Renekton can make the ganks be more of a guaranteed thing. Renekton also has strong 1v1 capabilities and some sustain. Yorick can really work over a pretty large number of laners though, so you might just be out of luck and have to do your best farming.
Anyone else saving for Jayce? I've seen his abilities...very high skill rated hero, but I do want Brand...
I'm kind of interested to see how Jayce will work in real games. Dunno if I'll buy him or not though off the bat. Watching some early stuff with him he has a few things going for him. The most obvious one is his versatility. Many champions can become useless in certain situations where it becomes a poke game later on, but Jayce is probably going to be a very useful champion late game. Jayce also has incredible mobility. He is absurdly fast while offering a speed buff to his entire team. Jayce also has a number of abilities that simply provide both utility and high damage without heavy investment into damage items. He probably has a lot of potential to build tanky and still be useful.

Blizzard

Banned
After my long break I played a couple of ranked games and got back over 1200. IP boost finally gone though. =(

kat_4ycjp6.png

They surrendered after 25 minutes or so, right as I was about to recall to use 4000 gold. This was a seemingly rare occasion where invading blue paid off...kogmaw got a double kill at the blue buff, and nocturne completely shutdown nautilus in the jungle all game. Brand was basically terrible, thankfully, so once I got some items and stopped taking so much damage I had several levels on him.

XeroSauce

After my long break I played a couple of ranked games and got back over 1200. IP boost finally gone though. =(

kat_4ycjp6.png

They surrendered after 25 minutes or so, right as I was about to recall to use 4000 gold. This was a seemingly rare occasion where invading blue paid off...kogmaw got a double kill at the blue buff, and nocturne completely shutdown nautilus in the jungle all game. Brand was basically terrible, thankfully, so once I got some items and stopped taking so much damage I had several levels on him.

What's your win rate with Kat?

Blizzard

Banned
What's your win rate with Kat?
In ranked games, I think exactly 68% at the moment (85 wins, 40 losses). When I reached exactly 100 ranked kat games I believe I had exactly 70% wins, but I don't anticipate reaching that again. And of course note that I was about 690 elo when I started learning kat so a lot of those early wins were probably against really bad people. Around 1200 you run into better people, presumably.

I don't know what my overall 5v5 kat ranked win rate is since I'd have to do the math from my notes, and I don't have it in nice spreadsheet format.

Unicorn

That definitely helped. I still feel restricted though. I guess over time I'll learn to adapt to a hybrid of the two camera modes, then eventually graduate to full free control.

Went about 27K7D that game, so it was certainly an improvement.

Q8D3vil

Yorick is really really strong; I don't think I can come up with a counter for him.

Maybe Poppy.

chogath owns yorick super hard because of his long silent and combination of E + passive.
actually, chogath owns any AD ability character because of his silent.

Tryndamere shits on Yorick.
unless yorick player is retard and went ap yorick or something really bad, yorick owns the shit out of trundamere (i was in a game where yorick had 70 cs while tryndamere had 14 because he had to go back to back every time yorick unleashes his ghouls on him).

God tier legendary:
pulsefire ezrael.

Tier 1:
blood lord vladimir (his voice and effects are amazing).
Lion Dance Kogmaw.
Piltover Custom Blitz

Tier 2:
Brolaf
corporate mundo
Gentleman chogath

tier 3:
everything else.

shit tier:
heimdringer and twisted fuck

brian!

I dunno I was chilling all game. Had to keep distance and farm with E until kayle decides to flash over walls and dive me, repeat

edit: oh I just realized how much better our comp was for team fighting than theirs

tryndabro will not counter yorik

If you have Wriggles and Berserker's, you have a high chance of one-shotting his ghouls at that point. It is a tough lane pre-6.

It's all about understanding Yorick. Whenever, he starts the animation to let a ghoul go, hit him with W to decrease his attack damage. The ghoul will do almost no damage, thus healing Yorick for nothing. Then you AA tap it and spin towards him and it should die.

Yorick's Q and W does little damage compared to Trynd's AA.

The lane becomes stable when Yorick can get a Frozen Heart, but his ghouls won't do damage if he gets no AD and won't live through Trynd's AA if he doesn't get health.

Trust me, Yorick can't do much against a smart Trynd.

Here's a game where M5 counterpick this way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwSBrSvjx_E

I know Trynd gets ahead early, but it's still a great example.

God tier legendary:
pulsefire ezrael.

Tier 1:
blood lord vladimir (his voice and effects are amazing).
Lion Dance Kogmaw.
Piltover Custom Blitz

Tier 2:
Brolaf
corporate mundo
Gentleman chogath

tier 3:
everything else.

shit tier:
heimdringer and twisted fuck

Solid list. Corporate Mundo is one of my favorite skins in concept but doesn't look great in action, though the briefcase toss is sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom