• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm trying out Akali and she's pretty fun but I obviously suck at playing her and the solomid guides are all pretty barebones. I don't even know if I should do mid, top or bot...

Tips?

Ken

I'm trying out Akali and she's pretty fun but I obviously suck at playing her and the solomid guides are all pretty barebones. I don't even know if I should do mid, top or bot...

Tips?

She can go mid or top.

You want your rune page to be set up to give her both of her passives ASAP or even at level 1.

You're an assassin so your job is to burst people down by triggering your Marks (given by Q) with your skills. Pink wards are your enemies.

Q cooldown is lower than the time it takes for Marks to disappear so you can Q an enemy, wait until Q is back up, auto attack, Q, and ult or use another move to trigger your mark for tons of damage.

Ken

ikepTqxpLGWKK.png

Sona > universe

brian!

Tips?

try this guide
http://www.lolpro.com/guides/akali/84-akali-guide-top-lane

I tried akali for the first time today, she seems pretty hard. That guide details the ideal rune/masteries page so she can lane better and get the passives that corgi was talking about, but it seems like a pretty big ip investment just for one situational character.

Achtius

ikepTqxpLGWKK.png

Sona OP (not really).

I was watching the game, I saw two problems that repeated several times over the course of the game. Malphite ulted too early and no one was in position to take advantage of it, and alistar didn't really ult most of the time during team fights. You should take advantage of your flash so you can knock ppl up and disrupt the team, and once you are in there, you probably want to ult to survive better.

But their team comp is kinda evil, noc and tf can gank way too easily.

Ken

try this guide

I tried akali for the first time today, she seems pretty hard. That guide details the ideal rune/masteries page so she can lane better and get the passives that corgi was talking about, but it seems like a pretty big ip investment just for one situational character.

Yup. That's why it's weird to see someone who really needs her own rune page to be free.

iDX3A6LnVHE9q.png

These will trigger both passives at level 1.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Don't post that. ;_;

Sorry sch don't really meant to camp you, but yorick is ungangable top, southern have free escape, you are the only one left.

You guys push lane way too much, if the lane was freezed in the middle, it would be a lot harder to gang.

The second mistake was when 2 of you backdooring bot while baron was up, free baron -.-.

How were we going to stop that? At least we took, like, 3 towers in quick succession.

After poor Ali got blown up repeatedly bot, there wasn't much more I could do.

I guess I thought I was protecting Southern, but he has an escape and I don't, and it happened like three times in a row. Not a good beginning... I think the game was over long before that backdoor attempt.

Ferga

I dunno I was chilling all game. Had to keep distance and farm with E until kayle decides to flash over walls and dive me, repeat

edit: oh I just realized how much better our comp was for team fighting than theirs

The constant stress of trying to avoid tf as a whole and Udyr and graves was too much for me.

10deaths!!

and i never really jumped in, I just got caught by tf cards and udyr stuns. Only really jumped in to kill graves once tf was out of the fight.

zkylon

zkylewd
try this guide

I tried her once on mid and during laning I was doing pretty bad, died like 4 times, lost my tower, etc. Free of protecting my tower, I started ganking and ended up 6 6 7, but being overall decent.

I think I'm gonna start using that site instead of solomid from now on. I just love how it looks :D

Yup. That's why it's weird to see someone who really needs her own rune page to be free.

iDX3A6LnVHE9q.png

These will trigger both passives at level 1.
I'm disappointed Sona's rune page isn't named "TITS!"...

Ken

I tried her once on mid and during laning I was doing pretty bad, died like 4 times, lost my tower, etc. Free of protecting my tower, I started ganking and ended up 6 6 7, but being overall decent.

I think I'm gonna start using that site instead of solomid from now on. I just love how it looks :D

I'm disappointed Sona's rune page isn't named "TITS!"...

My rune pages are appropriate for all ages.

bjaelke

Anyone with poke/snares can do great on Proving Grounds. Had the pleasure of getting a Morgana, Orianna, Alistar, Caitlyn and Mundo team earlier. Almost invincible.

garath

Akali has a tough laning phase until level 6. Farm passively, use your mark to CS if you're getting pressured. Drop a shroud in a big creep wave to last hit as well. If you are facing a melee opponent and they move into the shroud, punish them with a mark and an auto attack. But play very defensively and CS well. When you hit level 6, gloves are off. You can Q, wait until it refreshes and dash in with R, auto attack, Q again, auto attack again and most opponents will be dead or very nearly so at this point. From there, you're a lane bully. Deny deny deny.

The lolpro guide for Akali is great because it's made by Westrice. He's probably the best Akali player in the competitive scene. When I first started playing her I watched most of his own3d tv recordings of her. Very educational.

I can't believe how many times the egg saved me.

In the last clash, Yi ninja'd behind us and went all out on me. I hit Zhonya when I had 20% left so 2 of my teammates focused on him. He was still alive when I got back, so I blew his face up. The rest of his teammates killed me but I turned to an egg. They were too busy trying to kill me so allies whittled them all down. When I got back I blew them all up with R and Q. :D

Mid-game, everyone laughed when I hit Teemo with R->E and took off like 60% of his health.

NPojf.jpg

I was watching the game, I saw two problems that repeated several times over the course of the game. Malphite ulted too early and no one was in position to take advantage of it, and alistar didn't really ult most of the time during team fights. You should take advantage of your flash so you can knock ppl up and disrupt the team, and once you are in there, you probably want to ult to survive better.

But their team comp is kinda evil, noc and tf can gank way too easily.

Yea my ults were terrible and timed all wrong... We didnt have good synergy when team fighting. Also an invade would have been a better start but i wasn't even thinking about it.

Blizzard

Banned
I have the worst luck with ARAM. Have yet to win a game.

Got Jarvan and Sejuani last night. -_-
I think it took me 5-7 ARAM games before I won a single one. It kept being something like 5 melee that can't initiate versus a well-balanced or 5-ranged team.

I kind of like nunu in ARAM, because everyone hates him and he's useless, so there's a chance someone will trade him to me. After I get him, I promptly do nothing but build AP items and attempt to get close enough to pop people with snowballs. What's that, Graves with 1/3 health? *BAM*

zkylon

zkylewd
Akali has a tough laning phase until level 6. Farm passively, use your mark to CS if you're getting pressured. Drop a shroud in a big creep wave to last hit as well. If you are facing a melee opponent and they move into the shroud, punish them with a mark and an auto attack. But play very defensively and CS well. When you hit level 6, gloves are off. You can Q, wait until it refreshes and dash in with R, auto attack, Q again, auto attack again and most opponents will be dead or very nearly so at this point. From there, you're a lane bully. Deny deny deny.

The lolpro guide for Akali is great because it's made by Westrice. He's probably the best Akali player in the competitive scene. When I first started playing her I watched most of his own3d tv recordings of her. Very educational.
I get the feeling my ping (usually 200 but can easily get as high as 300) isn't very favorable for playing with combo characters like Akali. At least I usually feel like latency hurts my Q-E-R combo with Lux, so I gotta blow up my E after casting my ult or else they flash out of there. I should probably just do Q-R and use the E after they flash, now that I think about it.

Blizzard

Banned
At least you didn't get Poppy.
I think I've seen poppy destroy an ARAM team. It just depends on who they're against, how good they are, and so forth. I can never figure out how to do any appreciable damage with poppy, even with triforce, and the ult time seems so short most people can just outrun it, and the chances of hitting someone against an obstacle and having them actually stunned seems so rare that I'm completely ineffective with her.

LCGeek

formerly sane
no way i shouldve won this game. if it wasn't for the fact that the ashe on their team was jerk, my team wouldn't of won.

Wriggles on ashe, no wonder her score sucks. Their team had no gold in comparison and you can guess by assists alone that one team decided to show up in full far more often than the other.

Koomaster

ARAM seems broken for me; 90% of the time the game gives me either Tristana or Corki. Even when someone dodges and we get back in it will either be one of those two. The rest of the time I will get some random free week champ I've never touched before. For all the ARAM matches I've played I've gotten other champs I actually own a handful of times
and then promptly lost because someone dodged. :(

Corki I don't have a problem with, I can be an ARAM Hero with Corki. Tristana though, ugh, can't play her for beans, let alone in ARAM.

One night the game just gave me Tristana over and over again; every time someone would dodge, Tristana. Every time I actually got into the game, Tristana. No one would even consider trading. She is kind of ruining the fun of ARAM for me. I wish there were a way to return champs. <___<;;;

zkylon

zkylewd
ibuwnjVJoguUy3.png

Me and Ashe being best buds in real life, clearly depicted in my assists and her kills :D

(yeah we're dumb and bought two solaris lol)

EXGN

Wriggles on ashe, no wonder her score sucks. Their team had no gold in comparison and you can guess by assists alone that one team decided to show up in full far more often than the other.

A lot of people (I think Moscow 5 popularized it) used to go triple Doran's + Wriggles + Phantom Dance because it was cost effective and stronger during laning and mid-game because of the armor + sustain. Not sureif it's still as good after the Doran's nerf though.

Still, it probably was a bad Ashe. Just pointing out Wriggles was briefly a legit thing at one point for ADCs.

Pjodor

Neo Member
What jungle champion do you think can carry best (at a low elo)? Just wondering because I play jungler most of the time. Right now I mostly playing Nautilus.

Ark

Depends how low ELO. Twitch can actually do pretty well because low ELO people don't realise that pink wards nullify him early game.

Pjodor

Neo Member
Depends how low ELO. Twitch can actually do pretty well because low ELO people don't realise that pink wards nullify him early game.
I'm around 1300 elo, mostly right under. Was at 1400 once but have started to loose quit abit latly..

Ark

I'm around 1300 elo, mostly right under. Was at 1400 once but have started to loose quit abit latly..

Oh ok, don't worry about Twitch then. You'd probably be better off learning junglers like Maokai, Lee Sin, Nocturne, Malphite, Nautilus, Trundle, Alistar, even Hecarim to an extent.

I guess the popular ones are the 'easier' ones.

EXGN

What jungle champion do you think can carry best (at a low elo)? Just wondering because I play jungler most of the time. Right now I mostly playing Nautilus.

You probably want a damage-focused jungler then. Nocturne springs to mind, but I'd actually suggest Riven. She's not a common jungler because she isn't necessarily GREAT at it, but she's a late game beast and holds up really well compared to others that are more early game focused.

I think Maokai is actually the best jungler in the game right now, but he's more of a support jungle that's designed to feed your lane carries kills - not great for low Elo solo queue. Skarner fits in the same vein as well, although his ult makes it really easy to pick off squishies and bring them to your team, which puts him a notch ahead of Mao in this instance.

A lot of people say Udyr as well. He's really safe and has a good clear, but I think he's losing his shine in a world where every new champion seems to have a blink or an escape, so I dunno if he's quite carry material anymore.

Pjodor

Neo Member
Oh ok, don't worry about Twitch then. You'd probably be better off learning junglers like Maokai, Lee Sin, Nocturne, Malphite, Nautilus, Trundle, Alistar, even Hecarim to an extent.

I guess the popular ones are the 'easier' ones.
Maybe gonna pick up Trundle again, it have been a while sens I played him. I was also thinking about noc and malph.

Pjodor

Neo Member
You probably want a damage-focused jungler then. Nocturne springs to mind, but I'd actually suggest Riven. She's not a common jungler because she isn't necessarily GREAT at it, but she's a late game beast and holds up really well compared to others that are more early game focused.

I think Maokai is actually the best jungler in the game right now, but he's more of a support jungle that's designed to feed your lane carries kills. Skarner fits in the same vein as well, although his ult makes it really easy to pick off squishies and bring them to your team.
I have tried Riven abit, maybe gonna practise her more.

Yeah, that's why I usually play naut because of all his CC. But then you rely on your team to do mutch of the damage and if they don't it doesn't go so well.

Have yet to try Proving Grounds. I'd imagine Anivia wrecking on that map.

So far the most overpowered champ I've found for it is Karma. The main reason she sucks in summoner's rift is she needs farm and can't get it effectively in any lane. But in ARAM you can get yourself a shield and heal scaled up to 700AP that gib people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom