• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
"She's not made of flesh"

Image mostly shows skin.

Okay Riot.

Willing to bet she'll have enough flesh for a giant pair of breasts and then the rest will be plant material.

Ken

I'll still end up clocking the Dragon/Baron kill time. It's already a habit at this point.

It's a good habit but sometimes you're mind isn't on Baron/Dragon's exact moment of death like during a team fight at those locations.

Pretty sick of ranked. Guy randomed into Mundo. Disconnected for the first 20 minutes of the game. Decided to try to help bot by being support Mundo despite not buying any wards and just fed. Would have probably been better off with him just not playing at all.

Anyone want to duo with me for some high quality low ELO games? Maybe I can hit 900 ELO tonight.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If Orianna is how champions get buffed I hope Sejuani never gets buffed.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Why does Corgi hate Bind?

Shen Shaco Morg Kass etc etc. At least one of these champs are in (roughly) every blind game. I still play it anyway since the players in draft are usually harder to beat.

Boken

Banned
"She's not made of flesh"

Image mostly shows skin.

Okay Riot.

Willing to bet she'll have enough flesh for a giant pair of breasts and then the rest will be plant material.

Just assume she's a plant that transforms into a sexy buxom lady.

In other news, I don't get why they nerfed Janna again. Why? Why.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope instead of tits she has two ripe fruit hanging off of vines connected to her chest.

Haly

For streams to be interesting someone has to die, who better than the support?

zkylon

zkylewd
iJBezCzMOJzTk.png

After feeding with Akali two matches in a row, I said well let's go back to Lux. I love this gal :3

Q8D3vil

i feel that jayce is going to be nerfed next patch, his combo burst is strong and he is one of the best character in the game to utilize trinity beside jarvan and irelia.

Blizzard

Banned
i feel that jayce is going to be nerfed next patch, his combo burst is strong and he is one of the best character in the game to utilize trinity beside jarvan and irelia.
He's not even out and already going to be nerfed? I want to play him before he gets nerfed. :(

Ken

Mostly draw but we were behind in towers. We managed to pull back mid-game after 2 aces.

No one wants me to get blue. ;_;

Is that Grail thing something most AP mids should be building or what? I've never built it yet since it came out. Usually just rush Deathcap and then Void Staff or Rylais/Zhonyas.

Haly

Just saw Jayce spotlight.

Tank/Jungle/Ranged AD? We are now one step closer to total champ homogeneity. Defender of Tomorrow indeed.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is that Grail thing something most AP mids should be building or what? I've never built it yet since it came out. Usually just rush Deathcap and then Void Staff or Rylais/Zhonyas.
Well it's like having a permanent blue buff, so it seems like something every AP would want. Probably fits in between Rabbadon's and Void Staff if the other team isn't strong on magic resist, but it sets you back 3k, so I'm not really sure :/

edit: server's back on, I didn't get my win :(

Q8D3vil

Well it's like having a permanent blue buff, so it seems like something every AP would want. Probably fits in between Rabbadon's and Void Staff if the other team isn't strong on magic resist, but it sets you back 3k, so I'm not really sure :/

edit: server's back on, I didn't get my win :(

get the chalice first then build it last, pretty good invest with the awesome passive.

Volimar

Aww man. After the patch I can barely make out Singed's poison trail or mega adhesive. Curse my colorblind eyes!

Yes I use colorblind mode

IsayFever

So I wanted to play Jayce but some dude instalocked him :( So I played Miss Fortune and wanted to build something other than normal AD builds so it's a bit wonky, but holy shit did it dominate hard.

Ferrio

Banned
Really? Can't be harder to juggle them than Nidalee.

He can play 3 roles, and can switch between melee/range. It's going to be a nightmare for them to balance. Ya you can relate him to nidalee, but his skillset sounds a lot more robust and flexible. Just had one in my game go mid. He got wrecked though by my jungle ali though.

I got it for mana sustain since I can't really get blue. It's a pretty offensive AP item. I usually prefer it over Abyssal if I want MR.

Haly

Nid neither excels at being a nuker, support, ad carry or jungler (since she can't until 6). Jayce, on the other hand, seems like he has the skill set of two heroes, rather than being a jack of all trades like Nid.

Athene's Grail is for super mana hogs like Avinia, Kass, who are pretty much always OOM after using their stuff.

dimb

It is very situational based on the champion you are playing. Most mages simply don't need that much mana, or would be better off buying an item like Tear if they are spam happy. More standard mages get more out of a Rod of Ages, which provides more general tankiness through health while giving mana regen and AP. In general AP itemization is extremely good right now, and blue buff is going to mages regularly. These two things make it hard to fit Grail well in to builds, but there are still mana intensive champions it is good on. Galio fits with it perfectly, for example, and I will probably start building Grail on lane Fiddle. Someone like AP Kog'maw might also pick one up. Just this small boost can help justify its cost, so we might see more mages picking the item up.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm exhausted and just played bots with Jayce. It was pretty hilarious to be able to chase down folks with his cannon nuke after dealing all the damage you can do with his hammer.

No idea how to build him other than triforce, but he didn't seem to be mana hungry AT ALL, considering I'd be spamming every single ability in a team fight.

dimb

I'm exhausted and just played bots with Jayce. It was pretty hilarious to be able to chase down folks with his cannon nuke after dealing all the damage you can do with his hammer.

No idea how to build him other than triforce, but he didn't seem to be mana hungry AT ALL, considering I'd be spamming every single ability in a team fight.
Welcome to power creep, where champions designed around spamming abilities in quick succession now have built in mana regen and low mana costs.

dimb

Just watching a stream of Jayce I don't even understand how you're supposed to gank him. Like at all. He is probably the fastest champion in the game with on demand speed boosts, leaps, and a knock back. Someone like Udyr can't even get close to him, and even if he does Udyr is just going to get knocked away.

How is this champion even real? He has both ranged and melee AOE. He has multiple forms of CC both soft and hard. He has poke. He has group utility with his speed boost. He has tons of built in stat boosts that give move speed, damage, and tankiness. Maybe he's not actually as good as I think he is but he seems pretty absurd.

Ken

Just watching a stream of Jayce I don't even understand how you're supposed to gank him.

Maokai W.

I suppose the best chance to gank him is during his R's cooldown, which is only about 5 seconds. If he switches to cannon to get acceleration gate up, he has about 4~5 seconds before he can get his slow and knock back up.

dimb

Maokai W.
He can knock back out of it with a speed boost to get away. It's still not guaranteed.
I suppose the best chance to gank him is during his R's cooldown, which is only about 5 seconds. If he switches to cannon to get acceleration gate up, he has about 4~5 seconds before he can get his slow and knock back up.
This window is really small for a gank.

Ken

He can knock back out of it with a speed boost to get away. It's still not guaranteed.

I suppose. Speed boost from passive is very short though so eh, I don't know. Still think he's most vulnerable while his R is down.

This window is really small for a gank.

Small but should be enough to get something done. His Q range is kind of absurd though:

Hopefully plant lady comes out soon though so I can actually play Jayce in matchmaking.

dimb

Small but should be enough to get something done.
I just don't think it's enough. He can play so safe too with the ability to sit back and farm when he gets low. Jayce's only real visible weakness is that he has no strong reliable finisher without an ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom