• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inskipp

If that Lee Sin really is a normal skin then there's something wrong. Riot is putting away the old Legendary Skins into the vault. They are practically reskins with nothing Legendary about them in character. They're charging full price and trying to justify it. They won't make any changes because of some dumb excuse. *sigh*. What the hell?
Sounds like they just want to brush the old legendaries under the carpet and forget about them. Pretty fickle move imo.

red13th

WTF Riot, Karma's model is by far the lesser of her problems. She's rather classy actually.
They need to release her skin that was found a while ago:
kaaaarrr.jpg

Love her face. :lol

I finally caved in and bought 500RP. Pricing scheme in my region is different, so 500RP is about $12.50.

Now I can't decide! :( As much as possible I'll only get one skin for a champ. I'm running through my fave champs

Anivia
- Bird of Prey - always liked the simplicity, prolly one of the first I wanted
- Hextech - just found this, and thought she looked quite cool

Dreadknight Nasus, but problem is that even though I really like Nasus, I'll only pick him if I'm assured of a solo lane (blind pick)

Amethyst Ashe, but Vayne is my primary pick and I don't like any of her skins.

Warwick - Flame and Tundra, but I hate his nerfs so I don't play him often now

Udyr - Black Belt is barely noticeable. I only like Phoenix for Primal.

No legendaries! PFE is $15 right now as a promo but I never liked the skin that much and I don't like spending that much money on one skin.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I finally caved in and bought 500RP. Pricing scheme in my region is different, so 500RP is about $12.50.

Now I can't decide! :( As much as possible I'll only get one skin for a champ. I'm running through my fave champs

Anivia

Dreadknight Nasus, but problem is that even though I really like Nasus, I'll only pick him if I'm assured of a solo lane (blind pick)

No legendaries! PFE is $15 right now as a promo.

I personally like Amethyst Ashe.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Test server patch note up in reddit

Kassadin

Riftwalk Damage changed to 60/70/80 (+0.8 AP) from 60/90/120 (+0.5 AP)

Yes! first pick karthus more please!

Gangplank

Parrrley Half the mana cost is refunded when Parrrley deals the killing blow

Ban GP please

Orianna

Command: Attack

AP Ratio increased to 0.5 from 0.4

She is powerful enough as it is....

XeroSauce

gp is fine

GP has a pathetic passive, a Q and kit that it countered by armor when they changed the dodge mechanic, really bad sustain, and a RNG ultimate. The only reason GP can stay relevant is because his ulti is global and he can build tanky, but his early game sucks, esp. from the increased mana costs they gave him.
I'm not saying he is underpowered, just weak.

Xin Zhao is getting a new skin called:
Zhao Yun Xin Zhao
heh.

IsayFever

GP has a pathetic passive, a Q and kit that it countered by armor when they changed the dodge mechanic, really bad sustain, and a RNG ultimate. The only reason GP can stay relevant is because his ulti is global and he can build tanky, but his early game sucks, esp. from the increased mana costs they gave him.

Xin Zhao is getting a new skin called:
Zhao Yun Xin Zhao
heh.

Jungle him, still fine. Armour penetration helps early

XeroSauce

how can kassadin fall off when is still banned alot in in high level play.

urgot will be hit hard this patch.

Kassadin is falling off the radar because he can be destroyed pre-6 by more mobile mids and can be denied by smart teams. He is not weak, he is just hard to use with the advent of powerful mids and gap closing tankys.

I'm around 1400-1500 elo and Kass isn't even considered a ban anymore, while Morg, Ahri, and Karthus still get banned first or second.

Jungle him, still fine. Armour penetration helps early

Jungle is slow and his ganks are not great, albeit better then Shyvana thanks to his E.

garath

how can kassadin fall off when is still banned alot in in high level play.

urgot will be hit hard this patch.

Kassadin is banned because people don't want to deal with his mobility/global presence. Same reason you would ban Ahri or a global champ like Karthus or Shen.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Kassadin is banned because people don't want to deal with his mobility/global presence. Same reason you would ban Ahri or a global champ like Karthus or Shen.

Kass and shen I agree. Yet karthus and Ahri are far more controllable in my view than those two. People bitching about karthus show me they can't buy a veil or have decent MR and you deserve to die to that ult. Unless karthus is getting mega feed he shouldn't be cheese ulting your team and you shouldn't allow yourself in to one of the longest standing bait move this genre has had since dota aka zeus ulti.

Q8D3vil

Kass and shen I agree. Yet karthus and Ahri are far more controllable in my view than those two. People bitching about karthus show me they can't buy a veil or have decent MR and you deserve to die to that ult. Unless karthus is getting mega feed he shouldn't be cheese ulting your team and you shouldn't allow yourself in to one of the longest standing bait move this genre has had since dota aka zeus ulti.

dunno, the problem with karthus is that the range on his q is absurd that he cant miss cs all game long and when he reach lvl6 he just shut down low health enemies with his ultimate.

he is really squishy but it doesnt matter if u are farming passively the whole game and becoming hyper carry.

Ferrio

Banned
Karth doesn't bother me much. He's an annoyance, but no worse than any other AP champ. I feel utterly passive when I play as him, his burst isn't high enough that it's hard to trade with other aps without coming out of it for the worse.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Her command attack was hit hard in the Jayce patch

They have to nerf her Q because everything else in her toolset got a buff.

I played her for a few days, I dont' feel that she is weaker than any other ap from early to end game except for champ like morgana. And that is with me keep losing track of the ball, wasting time locating it, ult in the wrong place, etc during important team fight. I can't imagine how good she will be once people got used to her.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Also, Zyra's scaling seems pretty standard, 0.6 AP ratio. Only the ratio's on rampant growth seems abysmal, skill so strong even AP-less? Maybe a hint for strong Lichbane build.
No, all of her scaling is really poor, particularly on her ultimate. She will probably be a damage over time champion, or someone who excels at zone control. It's hard to imagine people standing in her ultimate for two seconds for the knockup though. I would guess she would be most valuable protecting high priority carry targets with few escapes. If she is safe enough to run top, she would pair really well with someone like Orianna to offer huge amounts of protection on a carry.
gp is fine
His laning phase is really bad. Maxing out W is fine in the jungle but in lane you are giving your opponent free reign. GP used to be about harass. At least with this change he can farm hard and won't have to seriously alter his runes or build for his ridiculous mana requirements early and mid game.

I played her for a few days, I dont' feel that she is weaker than any other ap from early to end game except for champ like morgana. And that is with me keep losing track of the ball, wasting time locating it, ult in the wrong place, etc during important team fight. I can't imagine how good she will be once people got used to her.
She will probably be super strong. She already is good.

Eve looks stupidly good. Range and AOE on Hate Spike and ult. Good ratios. Super high mobility. She will crush people. All of the changes in the patch look really good. Nerf to gold per ten stacking. Morgana, Malphite, and Nocturne nerfs. Kass and Akali buffs. Not only is this patch huge but it will have a pretty dramatic impact on picks.

Should Riot not strive to make a better base model? Instead, you're encouraging them to do the opposite.

To be fair the majority of their base models are amazing. Sometimes they are so good that I don't feel like buying extra skins but sometimes the other skins are so good(dam you pulsefire ezreal) that I end up buying them still :D.... :(

bjaelke

Apparently she falls off late game now. Haven't had a chance to try her out but that's the complaint. Don't know if a 0.1 ap increase will change that.

Whoever is managing art production at Riot is doing their job. The old policy with new champs and skins simply didn't make sense, and their numbers HAD to reflect that. Think on it.

They'd release a champion with two skins. They would then offer 3 ways to buy the champion: solo, bundled with skin 1, bundled with both skins. Often it'd also seem that one skin was lamer than the other, and that was often the skin that was bundled. I'd wager that they noticed one skin was often heavily favored by the user base over the other.

So now they went for one champ, one skin on release, but making that skin stand out. Basically, taking what they suspect would have been the favored skin and putting extra effort into that.

Her first skin is plants ON FIRE.

How long does it take before Riot starts making new skins beyond those initially released for new champions?

Ex. When would I expect to see a new skin for Nautilus.

I want to know when we can have an obese scorpion skin for Nautilus.

LCGeek

formerly sane
dunno, the problem with karthus is that the range on his q is absurd that he cant miss cs all game long and when he reach lvl6 he just shut down low health enemies with his ultimate.

he is really squishy but it doesnt matter if u are farming passively the whole game and becoming hyper carry.

I know how the setup works we had a few gaffers recently abuse the setup. Start a gank somewhere and finish them off with it. I find his aoe crap more annoying than his ulti tbh.

Also like I mentioned teams letting you do that is equally as bad as letting nasus or other types get farmed up and go in to hyper carry. You shut this guy down and give him little opportunities it's hard for him to do anything. Most games are about this already but he really requires an effort and if you aren't doing that I totally agree he is one of the worst mid to late game to start letting roll people/

zkylon

zkylewd

Anivia

No legendaries! PFE is $15 right now as a promo but I never liked the skin that much and I don't like spending that much money on one skin.
Ame Ashe is my pick. I bought (with IP) Ashe only because of that skin :)

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Apparently she falls off late game now. Haven't had a chance to try her out but that's the complaint. Don't know if a 0.1 ap increase will change that.

All AP fall off late game when AD carry kills everything in 2 seconds. All AP can do in end game is either being stun support, or sniping enemy carry. The only exception is when enemy team build paper cannon.

bjaelke

All AP fall off late game when AD carry kills everything in 2 seconds. All AP can do in end game is either being stun support, or sniping enemy carry. The only exception is when enemy team build paper cannon.

It was in comparison to other ap characters.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is his rage truly that useful?
Boken doesn't rage. If anyone rages on GAF it's me. Boken is a really smart player when it comes to what the team should be doing and he has a really high mechanical skill. You can learn a ton by playing with better players. I get pretty worried about messing up and stuff though because it's groups of 1400-1500+ players when I group with like him and Bind and xcloser, but you just try to take stuff away from mistakes. It's probably worse because I have been in a bad habit of picking low tier champions or ones I don't know and running the wrong summoners on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom