• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

I really need to start playing with more GAF'ers. I've only played with bindww and SouthernDragon and that was ages ago. I'm always in the NeoGAF channel so maybe I'll say something next time.

Usually I'm trying to fit in just one or two games though so I feel bad trying to set something up just to leave shortly thereafter.

Ferrio

Banned
Boken doesn't rage. If anyone rages on GAF it's me. Boken is a really smart player when it comes to what the team should be doing and he has a really high mechanical skill. You can learn a ton by playing with better players. I get pretty worried about messing up and stuff though because it's groups of 1400-1500+ players when I group with like him and Bind and xcloser, but you just try to take stuff away from mistakes. It's probably worse because I have been in a bad habit of picking low tier champions or ones I don't know and running the wrong summoners on them.

Hah, I was about to correct him on this myself. It's funny when both you and boken are in mumble together.

Hrm... wonder what my normal elo is. I don't trust those numbers very much though... not official. I think overall when we all go as a group it's a pretty high bracket, we rarely get placed against complete derps.

edit: http://lolmatches.com/player/na/24514866/Ferrio

1400.. hrm

Ferrio

Banned
Figured as much. I assume it's that or higher. I know in 1200 on ranked people play soooooo much worse than any normal I'm in.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I really need to start playing with more GAF'ers. I've only played with bindww and SouthernDragon and that was ages ago. I'm always in the NeoGAF channel so maybe I'll say something next time.

Usually I'm trying to fit in just one or two games though so I feel bad trying to set something up just to leave shortly thereafter.

I play with a variety of gaf all the time. Ask for invites or start and queue and hope for the best.

Don't worry most of us only play a few games here and there take an afk break and come back later. Do this about 3 times a day on my good days.

As for being harsh don't think I've met anyone who really qualifies as that. Sure we all get rage mode about bad losses but most here just want you to play up to spec and not throw a game when it's in the bag.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Boken doesn't rage. If anyone rages on GAF it's me. Boken is a really smart player when it comes to what the team should be doing and he has a really high mechanical skill. You can learn a ton by playing with better players. I get pretty worried about messing up and stuff though because it's groups of 1400-1500+ players when I group with like him and Bind and xcloser, but you just try to take stuff away from mistakes. It's probably worse because I have been in a bad habit of picking low tier champions or ones I don't know and running the wrong summoners on them.

Yea it's nerve wracking to play with higher level GAFFERS especially when you start throwing games.

Achtius

Few people that I normally play with would constantly rages when they lose, I won't name them tho ;P

Yea it's nerve wracking to play with higher level GAFFERS especially when you start throwing games.

I do it all the time when I am not support, or try werid support like support orianna and not build her like support :D

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Few people that I normally play with would constantly rages when they lose, I won't name them tho ;P

How do you stay calm after seeing Ach sona ks 2 kills from ad carry, then instead of buying wards and oracle, walk back out from base with a giantbelt.

Rylais support op.

It is not that they don't rage, most gaffer just lost their emotion. Rage is sign of sanity in our LoL community.

Achtius

Me right?

You don't rage that much. You just speak your mind, some people actually swear and stuff.

How do you stay calm after seeing Ach sona ks 2 kills from ad carry, then instead of buying wards and oracle, walk back out from base with a giantbelt.

Rylais support op.

It is not that they don't rage, most gaffer just lost their emotion. Rage is sign of sanity in our LoL community.

I only KS as Sona ;( Her passive and q is too much. Regardless, KS = Kill secured

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Rylais support op.

Tanky Sona OP!

zkylon

zkylewd

Yeah, I need to start playing with Gaf as well but I'm not really that comfortable with draft pick for some reason. It's not like they ever ban any of my champions, but I don't really know how to counter-pick. I feel like I need to show my Luxin' already, though I don't want to oversell it :p

You don't rage that much. You just speak your mind, some people actually swear and stuff.
Oh, I swear, but not very loud and usually at myself. And in spanish. So yeah.

I only KS as Sona ;( Her passive and q is too much. Regardless, KS = Kill secured
Sometimes I wish Sona did less damage to avoid this. I have to force myself not to autoattack with her (spamming 's' like crazy is my secret technique :p) or I'll do at least two or three steals per match simply because I'm trying to hit someone with her passive's slow or damage debuff. I mean I beat a Darius 1v1 yesterday with her and didn't even have my WotA on.

Pancakes

What would you buy? Answering my own question, probably Zeke's a better choice, would also allow me to replace Ionian's with Mobility or Mercury. Will try.

Yea buy a Zeke's if your AD is tearing it up or Frozen heart if their AD is owning it up and your jungler isn't buying it.

vhfive

Tried to play rank for the first time in a long time
First game jax jungle who has a bad start then says fuck it and starts feeding on purpose. surrender at 20
Second game have a heimer who never even takes a step. surrender at 20
Third game have both players bot lane leave after about 10 min. We were losing but not by much. surrender at 20

yea im just gonna stick to normals from now on :/

Volimar

Tried to play rank for the first time in a long time
First game jax jungle who has a bad start then says fuck it and starts feeding on purpose. surrender at 20
Second game have a heimer who never even takes a step. surrender at 20
Third game have both players bot lane leave after about 10 min. We were losing but not by much. surrender at 20

yea im just gonna stick to normals from now on :/

I've never played a ranked game. I get enough shit from people in normals... I fear for my soul if I had to read what they'd say to me in ranked.

zkylon

zkylewd
or get shurelya to keep everyone happy.
Already getting that, then Aegis, then it depends. Usually Solaris to build off my HoG, but I see what's needed and I buy it.

I still like to buy WotA because none of the items that build Zeke's do anything for me.

Pancakes

Oh god I cant last hit even if my life depends on it

Even with the bonus 4dmg against minions mastery? I basically have to use it on all my non-ad carry roles since I'm pretty bad with it too.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yeah, that was my point. I was just being silly.

And Akali is immediately getting another buff after being buffed in a recent patch? Kind of odd.

It's not really a buff. There was a mishap where the info blurb for the skills didn't match with the actual numbers in the game so they're fixing that bug.

zkylon

zkylewd
Man we just won a match 4v5 for 95% of the match. I played bulletproof best for Fiora against Nidalee's spears for half the match and we were slowly were getting beaten, then about 35 minutes in Cass decides to show up, we take an inhibitor, Baron, and we win. So good :)

13baY.jpg

So sad Malph's getting nerfed. At least now I'll KS with Sona's ult as well as her Q.

Also all Akali buffs are appreciated to offset my overall randomness with her. You never know if you'll get 8 1 5 zky or 3 8 0 zky :p

the REAL ragers = Sweety tooth, some guy called like EGM something

the its sad when you rage ragers = bind, southern

D: ! What do you mean sad?

P.S. I leveled up like mad by playing with Unknown Factors|Legato Reborn. Unfortunately, my level is still too scrub for him to play with me anymore. :<

Pancakes

Sona buffs...:D :D :D.

Beware ad carries everywhere, your kills now belong to me.

Blizzard

Banned
I thought they already nerfed Nocturne...yet he's nerfed again?

I thought they already nerfed Sona...yet she's buffed back!

Either Riot is carefully balancing or things are crazy these days.

Pancakes

I've only dealt with one raging gaffer. I won't name him but he's already been mentioned. :p

Rumor has it that if you say 2th's name 3 times in the same page, he will descend and cuss everyone out.

Flare

Those nocturne nerfs make me sad...

I remember there was a lot of rage once in a Gaf Inhouse game where "gaf-rager 1" apparently really brought it down on some people. I only remember this because I had my first penta in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom