• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Retiring Legendary Skins...

Alot of backlash for this move, hopefully they put them back on sale later.

Edit: Looks like they won't. They are saying that these legendary skins are getting old, and the new "Legendary skins have evolved into a complete reimagining of the champion that elevates it to an entirely new incredible form, something these concepts simply don’t do effectively."

Alien Invader Heimer noooooooooooo!!!1

bjaelke

cbgW2.jpg

Xin "remake"

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Holy crap, Eve's passive is like having a blue buff whenever she's stealthed.

Blue buff is 5mana/sec + 0.5% of max mana/sec. At Lv1 the passive gives her more mana than blue.

God tier jungler incoming, I wonder how she'll affect pro play.

bjaelke

4 player minimum on pbe :/ at least I found out that Eve is super fun. Detection range is still too long but at least you get warnings when you get close.

Flare

4 player minimum on pbe :/ at least I found out that Eve is super fun. Detection range is still too long but at least you get warnings when you get close.

People are queue dodging just because they didn't get her in champ select... I just wanna try out the new skins =(

bjaelke

Funny thing is that Eve, Twitch and Xin are also "new". I know it's not quite the same but if it's 2vs2 only 1 person on each team have to pick one of those champions (assuming the other wants to play Zyra).

You can always see the new skins on youtube.

Volimar

Funny thing is that Eve, Twitch and Xin are also "new". I know it's not quite the same but if it's 2vs2 only 1 person on each team have to pick one of those champions (assuming the other wants to play Zyra).

You can always see the new skins on youtube.

I really hope that when her changes go live they shoehorn her into the next free champions rotation.

bjaelke

Zyra's passive does 549 true damage at level 18 and can hit several targets. That's a lot given the range. And her plants proc Rylai's at 35% slow. gg.

Blizzard

Banned
Riot's obsession with true damage lately is scary.
Considering how many champions stack health or go tanky, maybe it's needed. 8D

There are so many weird items I've never noticed in ARAM. Are they in dominion too? Stuff like the alternate bloodrazor, or that weird mallet alternate with active true damage.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, me and LoL are friends again. 4 consecutive wins, playing well with Lux, Sona, Akali and finally Malph. First match was a custom 5v5 blind pick (none of us has enough champs for draft yet) against our sworn rivals and we destroyed them, so that was particularly uplifting.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nope, US. But I admit my hours are pretty off lately...
I see more people there at night. Most people just use this for general game discussion and then talk on mumble and stuff. The in game chat isn't really that big of a thing.

Boken

Banned
That might have been me, sorry.
Lol.

The new patch on the PBE is massive:
- minions don't bug out on disconnect
- new xin zhao
- new evelyn
- new twitch
- new zyra
- gold items show how much they have accrued

Ratios for all the changes (shamelessly stolen from reddit):
Notes:
- xin zhao actually scales now! (around 1.5 per total AD on his Q)
- evelyn's Q ratio is crazy (I'm telling you guys, push top, gank middle)
- twitch's expunge has a 1.2 per bonus AD ratio (0.2AD for 6 stacks)
- zyra has shitty ratios if you cant use her plants properly

How eve's stealth works:

Xin Zhao's new ult looks badass:

red13th

Xin Zhao remake YES. First Shen, now Xin, thank you Riot ily.
Buff Garen and GP then all my old mains will be viable!
don't nerf them afterwards though

lee sin got the have the worst and unimagitive skins in the game.
he is like barbie and the skins are like clothes, wish there was something more to them.

wtf is this junior talking about.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
If that Lee Sin really is a normal skin then there's something wrong. Riot is putting away the old Legendary Skins into the vault. They are practically reskins with nothing Legendary about them in character. They're charging full price and trying to justify it. They won't make any changes because of some dumb excuse. *sigh*. What the hell?

wtf is this junior talking about.

Stupidity. He probably hasn't even looked at the new animations.

Boken

Banned
If that Lee Sin really is a normal skin then there's something wrong. Riot is putting away the old Legendary Skins into the vault. They are practically reskins with nothing Legendary about them in character. They're charging full price and trying to justify it. They won't make any changes because of some dumb excuse. *sigh*. What the hell?

Stupidity. He probably hasn't even looked at the new animations.

I don't get what you're trying to say? It sounds like you want to preserve the old state of skins ("if it is normal then there's something wrong") but you don't think they're making any changes?

Basically, new skins are too awesome, old legendaries not legendary enough anymore. Either:
- make the old legendaries normal priced (poor people who bought them as legendaries)
- lock them up forEVA (poor people who would have bought them at normal price)

basically, old customers vs new ones. But old customers have already spent money while new customers just lose opportunity.

or like,
- give pre purchasers like, 800 rp refund and make it normal priced :O (poor people who bought htem earlier and who care about the legendary factor)

In the end, it's really just Riot who loses. Must suck to improve your skins huh, oh no everybody is crying.

FoxSpirit

Where is that Soraka redesign?

Also, Zyra's scaling seems pretty standard, 0.6 AP ratio. Only the ratio's on rampant growth seems abysmal, skill so strong even AP-less? Maybe a hint for strong Lichbane build.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I don't get what you're trying to say? It sounds like you want to preserve the old state of skins ("if it is normal then there's something wrong") but you don't think they're making any changes?

Basically, new skins are too awesome, old legendaries not legendary enough anymore. Either:
- make the old legendaries normal priced (poor people who bought them as legendaries)
- lock them up forEVA (poor people who would have bought them at normal price)

basically, old customers vs new ones. But old customers have already spent money while new customers just lose opportunity.

or like,
- give pre purchasers like, 800 rp refund and make it normal priced :O (poor people who bought htem earlier and who care about the legendary factor)

In the end, it's really just Riot who loses. Must suck to improve your skins huh, oh no everybody is crying.

Sorry, it makes more context if you previously read there responses quote by quote. They're saying weird stuff that sort of contradicts and doesn't really contradict their philosophy on why they're putting the Legendaries into the vault and why they're not lowering the price. Sorry for confusion if anything. I personally don't care because I never bought those skins but I can understand and feel the outrage of those that did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom