• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
\
Why so moe suddenly?

Nobody knows. Maybe. They gave her an incredibly stupid 20% CDR buff on her seed ability. She will probably be OP on release.

Hrm. Well seeing she needs that skill for all her other skills having a small cooldown would be best. Having another heimer that isn't trash would be nice.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
\
Why so moe suddenly?
I dunno. It's Yuru Yuri season and I was bored of the old one. I was thinking about using this but I thought I might get in trouble. It's funny to me but other people might take it the wrong way.
Hrm. Well seeing she needs that skill for all her other skills having a small cooldown would be best. Having another heimer that isn't trash would be nice.
She doesn't really rely on her flowers that much actually.

Ferrio

Banned
I dunno. It's Yuru Yuri season and I was bored of the old one. I was thinking about using this but I thought I might get in trouble. It's funny to me but other people might take it the wrong way.

There's a guy running a chun li avatar that's straight from a doujin cover. So wouldn't be surprised if you're safe.

Though rolling with a rule 34 of a loli character might be different.

dimb

There's a guy running a chun li avatar that's straight from a doujin cover. So wouldn't be surprised if you're safe.

Though rolling with a rule 34 of a loli character might be different.
The full picture isn't lewd. Lulu is like 900 years old*. Honest.

Just bought 20 bucks worth of RP. Trying to figure out what to spend it on. I know I want Warlord Shen. I want Nunu Bot. Not sure if I should save for Leona on sale or Sagat Lee Sin.

garath

Just bought 20 bucks worth of RP. Trying to figure out what to spend it on. I know I want Warlord Shen. I want Nunu Bot. Not sure if I should save for Leona on sale or Sagat Lee Sin.

I'd pick up things on sale that interest you. Imo, the price is a little too high otherwise.

Q8D3vil

leona and blitz are the most fun supports in the game, leona is much better end game and can carry teams.

Ferrio

Banned
leona and blitz are the most fun supports in the game, leona is much better end game and can carry teams.

Leona can't carry shit. She's at the mercy of her carries. Sure you can set your carries up to win, but you're completely dependant on them.

Blizzard

Banned
Leona can't carry shit. She's at the mercy of her carries. Sure you can set your carries up to win, but you're completely dependant on them.
One memorable game I got some random attack-speed Leona on my team stacking trinity force and phantom dancer or whatever. I think we won and they were oddly effective, and it was hilarious when they'd go flying into the enemy carry throwing stuns...suicidally, yet enough for us to be like WELP WE'RE ENGAGING and kill the other team.

dimb

One memorable game I got some random attack-speed Leona on my team stacking trinity force and phantom dancer or whatever. I think we won and they were oddly effective, and it was hilarious when they'd go flying into the enemy carry throwing stuns...suicidally, yet enough for us to be like WELP WE'RE ENGAGING and kill the other team.
But attack speed wouldn't make you stun any faster.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Why so moe suddenly?

Now that Corgi quit he must fill the void.

There are people with far far worse avatars. And like Ferrio said, some people have straight up Doujin covers for avatars and manage to get away with it.

Blizzard

Banned
But attack speed wouldn't make you stun any faster.
Oh I don't know WHY they were doing it, but it was very funny.

Kind of like when Blitzcrank goes beep boom zoom grab brzzap chug chug chug. You laugh, even if the silence seems to last less than half a second and someone near him immediately kills you with an ability.

Ferrio

Banned
I used to have an avatar that was a crop. I liked the art too much, was sad the artist didn't have any clean pictures.

Was awkward when people asked for a source (lots did)

zkylon

zkylewd
supportlux.png

DEMACIAAAAAAAAAa
I don't like support Lux at all. I want to be far away (one snare away) from the mess so I can fire my laser from safety, not having to stay very close to the teamfight to use Deathfire/Shurelya's on people. I played this yesterday and ugh...

I don't get it but I like it.
QW0OI.png
Same here, buddy, but cute Ahri is cute.

XeroSauce

I am conflicted with Leona, I find her fun to play with her zoom and explosions but Riot made her entirely dependent on her carry or team, putting her in a weird spot.

Plus she's 6300. >>

Q8D3vil

u carry by feeding ur carry and dominating bot lane, of course i didnt mean carrying the game by killing.
my highest winrate is with leona (65%), love playing her.

I'd rather play supports that don't rely on my enemy being bad.
you mean support that have skill cap and do stuff other than HEAL until 15 minute mark.
also, blitz is getting used alot in pro games, if your enemy is good then you find holes in his play to grab him.

Ferrio

Banned
u carry by feeding ur carry and dominating bot lane, of course i didnt mean carrying the game by killing.
my highest winrate is with leona (65%), love playing her.

That's not carrying though, that's plain straight up support. Your AD could easily just sit back and watch you die and you would of had nothing added to the game. You're completely and utterly dependent on your AD which rules her out of being able to carry. Not saying you aren't affecting the game, but you aren't carrying.

zkylon

zkylewd
Her charm hit his machine.
Oh, well, I'd be lying if I said I knew what most champions do :p

Since we're discussing Blitz, how do you counter his grab? Get Banshee's on all the team or just baiting him into wasting his grab and then targeting him?

Ferrio

Banned

Since we're discussing Blitz, how do you counter his grab? Get Banshee's on all the team or just baiting him into wasting his grab and then targeting him?

By staying out of range or behind minion lines. You just gotta be very observant of his position and make sure you're constantly behind a minion.

dimb

At low levels of play you can let Blitz grab and still kill him. It's pretty common for them to split from their AD carry and you can go in on one or the other if they're too far out. You can also wait for him to miss a grab and take advantage of it being down.

Also ward the bot brush you expect them to be in most of the time. This goes for Ali, Blitz, Leona, or other aggressive supports.

EXGN

Team up with a support that has strong peel mechanics (Leona, Janna, Ali, etc.). That way, even if you get grabbed you can most likely escape (if your support is on the ball).

XeroSauce

At low levels of play you can let Blitz grab and still kill him. It's pretty common for them to split from their AD carry and you can go in on one or the other if they're too far out. You can also wait for him to miss a grab and take advantage of it being down.

Also ward the bot brush you expect them to be in most of the time. This goes for Ali, Blitz, Leona, or other aggressive supports.

Unless you are Graves with a Soraka or Taric that's not a very good idea. The grab, following knock-up, and potential Exhaust etc. means a lot of free damage for their carry. You wouldnt be able to outdamage the enemy carry at that close range.

dimb

Unless you are Graves with a Soraka or Taric that's not a very good idea. The grab, following knock-up, and potential Exhaust etc. means a lot of free damage for their carry. You wouldnt be able to outdamage the enemy carry at that close range.
I think you are underestimating the early game of other AD carries and supports and overvaluing that of Blitzcrank. He wants to split your team, but if you fight him on even ground a lot of his value is lost. That's why aggressive supports like Alistar or Leona will roll over him. Don't forget that you are running Exhaust too. Summoners pose no real advantage bot lane when they're up because everyone runs the same stuff as long as they use it correctly.

I'd rather play supports that don't rely on my enemy being bad.

Lol that's the thing about supports like blitz(....and Naut LOL :p ). They all require stupid opponents who don't know how to place themselves defensively behind their own minions. In my opinion Sona/Janna still probably the best supports in the game still.

dimb

Lol that's the thing about supports like blitz(....and Naut LOL :p ). They all require stupid opponents who don't know how to place themselves defensively behind their own minions. In my opinion Sona/Janna still probably the best supports in the game still.
Really not seeing how Sona is the best support. Next patch supposedly won't help either.

Blitz is a respectable support choice even against good players. The skillcap is higher though.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm doing much better with Akali, though been losing every match I've played with her, mostly because of feeders. It also didn't help that in the last two matches, one team had 4 tanks and the other had had the Annie and Bramd super special double AOE stun combo :p

Still happy with how I manage to burst someone, then run away and hide like a ninja. Baiting someone into following you, popping a smoke bomb and then running to the other side while they have no idea where to go is awesome!

I think Blitz is respectable, he can easily turn a team fight into 4v5, but I'd rather have Ahri do the charming and having a full support guy that can save lives. Sona's good at that, but I think Soraka/Janna are better.

XeroSauce

I think you are underestimating the early game of other AD carries and supports and overvaluing that of Blitzcrank. He wants to split your team, but if you fight him on even ground a lot of his value is lost. That's why aggressive supports like Alistar or Leona will roll over him. Don't forget that you are running Exhaust too. Summoners pose no real advantage bot lane when they're up because everyone runs the same stuff as long as they use it correctly.

Let's say under optimal situations, both AD carries have the same attack speed and AD. Blitz pulls you, and at the end of the pull (making up for reaction time), the enemy AD carry starts to shoot you.

The displacement, combined with the knock-up, mixed with the damage from the pull and the knock-up, AND being in melee range of Blitz, means that the enemy team is doing more "DPS" then you are once you come out of knock-up state.

Now, obviously there are a ton of other variables (Alistar rushes in to your aid, Taric stuns, you are Graves with Buckshot, Soraka gives you heal and armor, minion damage) but on average, their team will do more damage then your team.

Level 1 Blitz pull is a different story, I rarely see that happen unless the Blitz was arm-checking a bush or trying to do a flash-pull or some weird stuff.

Ferrio

Banned
Let's say under optimal situations, both AD carries have the same attack speed and AD. Blitz pulls you, and at the end of the pull (making up for reaction time), the enemy AD carry starts to shoot you.

The displacement, combined with the knock-up, mixed with the damage from the pull and the knock-up, AND being in melee range of Blitz, means that the enemy team is doing more "DPS" then you are once you come out of knock-up state.

Now, obviously there are a ton of other variables (Alistar rushes in to your aid, Taric stuns, you are Graves with Buckshot, Soraka gives you heal and armor, minion damage) but on average, their team will do more damage then your team.

Level 1 Blitz pull is a different story, I rarely see that happen unless the Blitz was arm-checking a bush or trying to do a flash-pull or some weird stuff.

He was only talking about low summoner games when their AD carry is stupid and isn't sticking with blitz or taking advantage of pulls. So blitz pulls with no AD backup, blow up blitz.

brian!

blitz is an all or nothing support, in the sense that when the enemy is afraid of being pulled you have incredible zoning potential. on the flip side, if they are strong enough where they want to get pulled to force trades or fights with you, blitz's effectiveness is cut. you still have 2 nice ccs though.

but usually you are a blitz sitting in a brush, and they are scared.

XeroSauce

He was only talking about low summoner games when their AD carry is stupid and isn't sticking with blitz or taking advantage of pulls. So blitz pulls with no AD backup, blow up blitz.

Man that's completely different then. Leona can get hella kills in low summoner games.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I am conflicted with Leona, I find her fun to play with her zoom and explosions but Riot made her entirely dependent on her carry or team, putting her in a weird spot.

Plus she's 6300. >>

I wanted to buy Leona a couple weeks ago but after playing her in a couple free weeks I've decided against it. She's just too all-in for me, it can be great when your AD carry is on the ball but this usually isn't the case. Well that I just suck too much with her.

It always seems like the 5% that can aim is on the enemy team tho :p

Never run in a straight line.

blitz is an all or nothing support, in the sense that when the enemy is afraid of being pulled you have incredible zoning potential. on the flip side, if they are strong enough where they want to get pulled to force trades or fights with you, blitz's effectiveness is cut. you still have 2 nice ccs though.

but usually you are a blitz sitting in a brush, and they are scared.

Even if you can't pull as Blitz his AOE silence can turn teamfights around.

dimb

I still see this in our games. Hell I see people from GAF do it.

And Xero I think you are vastly overestemating the damage potential of support Blitz. He had okay matchups but at the end of the day Ali provides so much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom